Automatically suspend, park, hibernate inactive tabs and save up to 80% of memory, reduce load on your device, battery and heat.
If you like to use many open Tabs at once - this extension will help you and automatically accelerate your browser and purge the memory. Extension suspend, park, hibernate inactive tabs and save up to 80% of memory. Unloading tabs will free memory and reduce load on the device, saving battery and less heat. This extension catches inactive, idle or forgotten tabs and suspend / park them with the freeing 80% memory, device resources and battery life. When tab became a visible again, it can be automatically restored to initial. Also you can enable auto-close tabs function, which close unused tabs and holds count of tabs at the selected level. IF TAB SUSPENDER HAS STOPPED WORKING: -> Please try to reset Tab Suspender Settings: "Tab Suspender Menu -> All Settings -> Reset Settings". Benefits: Speeds Up Chrome: Suspended tabs don't consuming processor resources. Minimize Memory Use: Chrome consumes in 3-5 times less memory with suspended tabs against normal. Automatic controls tab population: Do not need to close unused tabs manually. Version history: 1.4.11 Parked page performance improvements 1.8x. Interface improvements. Added video tutorial. Some bug fixes. 1.4.10 Bug fixes. 1.4.9 Added Youtube video timing save. 1.4.7 Fixed auto-restore function. 1.4.4, 1.4.5 Fixed bugs with corrupted settings. 1.4.3 Fixed bugs with mistakenly wizard opening. 1.4.3 Fixed bugs with freezes. Added ability to import/export settings. Added quick Session Preview on TS menu. Activated configuration synchronization between account browsers. 1.4.1 Fixed History bug. Turned off Auto-Close by default. Other bug fixes. 1.3.3 Fixed Menu JS error. Reworked History page. Added Session Manager. Fixed h2c screenshot Width/Height logic. 188.8.131.52 Fixed suspended screenshot size for Retina displays. Added new HOTKEYs: 'Suspend or Unsuspend Current Tab (in one HotKey)' and others. Reworked context menu with checkboxes, added separators. 184.108.40.206 Added ability to click anywhere to restore. Auto adjust Restore button size based on window height. 220.127.116.11 Menu extended. 18.104.22.168 Fixed wizard in incognito mode. Native URL bar now shows on mouse hover. 1.2.8 Fixed issue with all tabs icons doesn't load properly. Performance improvement. 22.214.171.124 Fixed empty screen without title. Fixed bug with 'The database connection is closing'. Prevent from suspend tabs with filled forms. Added new style of restore button: Top Menu (can be changed in settings) 126.96.36.199 Added setup wizard. Added reset settings button. Added settings for additional CSS styles of suspended page Screenshot. 1.2.7 Migration to IndexedDB. Bug with double capture on page loading, improved capture logic. Bug with icons do not loaded but page already discarded without icon. Bug with DB is not initialized. 1.2.6 Added settings related to battery level. Added new option "Open new tabs discarded". Fixed Whitelist lost focus. Fixed problem with Zoomed pages when preview screen was over zoomed. 1.2.5 Fixed bug with slow scrolling. Fixed bugs. 1.2.2/1.2.3 Fixed bugs. Settings were categorized. 1.1.4/1.1.5 Fixed bugs. 1.1.2 Fixed bug with auto-reload on tab activation. Rework open from history page logic. 1.1.1 Speedup load suspended tabs on browser startup. 1.1.0 Greatly improved memory savings and performance. Added support of native discard, if suspended tab not used for a long time - increased memory save! Reworked screens storage - improved memory usage, saves even more memory now! Reworked screens storage - screens not disappear after browser restart. Added option to start tabs discarded on browser startup. Added restore form data during unsuspend. Added settings allows to disable suspender based on charging status. 0.6.0 Menu reworked. Added new option "Auto-Suspend tabs only when working on battery". Added new settings for background color of suspended page. Bug on settings page slider fixed. Tried to fix chrome://invalid problem. 0.5.7 Settings page reload bug fixed. Disk writes issue improved. Suspend bug fixed. 0.5.5 Added menu tooltips. 0.5.4 Returned 'Ignore Current Tab' menu item. Added White List user interface (May ask for "notification" permission). Removed 'http' prefix from White List tester. 0.5.3 Removed 'Ignore Current Tab' menu item. Fixed recursive suspend from context menu. 0.4.9.2 Recycle button improved. 0.4.9.1 Issue with pages without favicon. Fine suspend interval slider on All Settings. 0.4.9 Suspend window menu item fix. Icon does not processed as well on some sites. Auto update for old version immediate updgrade absorber. 0.4.8.3 Added hotkeys. Added context menuon mouse right click(May ask for "contextMenus" permission). Fixed immediate extension update. Fixed cross OS font on popup. 0.4.8.2 Fixed pause issue. 0.4.8: Huge performance optimization. Added tab icons status animation. Added Recycle function control on popup page. Added history of suspended tabs. Added native tab URL info at the top of parked page. Added if user click refresh browser button on suspended tab - unsuspend tab. Fixed wrong weight calculation on tab close logic. Audiable exception logic improved. Restore tabs on startup only if according setting setted. Fixed: tabs playing music have more points opposite tab without music for 'tab close' case only. 0.4.7: Added audible option. Added auto restore tabs after auto-update extension on enable-disable action. (earlier lost all suspended tabs) Added popup with slider for fast access to suspend-interval settings. Improved auto-close tab logic. Performance improvements++. Added new functional buttons: "Suspend other tabs", "Restore All". Added Pause Suspender function. Added "Ignore current tab" option. Added option to reload a tab when restoring, instead of just displaying the cached version of the page. Added option to restore tab by mouse click instead of mouse hover. Fixed bug with unparked tab stuck in parked state. Reworked exception list, added * support, now supports 'subdomain.*' or '*.domain.com' patterns. Add test interface for exception list testing. 0.4.6: - Fixed bug with tab suspend stops after some time. - Added ability to suspend tab manually. - 'Very slow PC' options detects automatically - actual for ChromeOS. 0.4.5: - UI fixes. - Close tab logic improved. 0.4.4: - New option to exclude sites from being suspend. - Fixed orthographical errors. - Fixed Restore from History or OneTab plugin. - Fixed generated favicons injection. - Added mode for super-slow PC(for the case when the video slows down) 0.4.3: - Improved blinking of restore- button. - Added correct suspended favicons for pages without favicon.
- (2023-11-30) Malay Firoz: I really rely on this extension, but a few days ago it suddenly stopped working on my Chrome browser on multiple PCs. The Tab Suspender pop-up window shows that the extension is disabled even though I've tried enabling it multiple times. I've tried resetting the settings but that didn't help either. Even worse, my existing suspended tabs are now inaccessible, and there's no easy way to unsuspend them without getting the extension to work again. Can the developers please help? UPDATE (30/11/23): The extension is working now after v1.4.12 was released. Thanks to the developer for their support!
- (2023-11-18) Jenci: I tried out and it didn't work. When I set suspend them all 147 tabs and it was nothing happened. It's so frustrating because very unusable. Tested on Chrome 119.0.6045.160 version
- (2023-11-13) Alex: Cannot enable extension > Error in Popupsettings.get is not a function TypeError: settings.get is not a function at window.popupQuery (background.js:139:21) at popup.js:64:17
- (2023-11-13) Heath Jones: This actually seems to be tied to the manifest version in the manifest.json. Might be worth a look. Anyway, appriciate all the years that this has been working and I would hate to see it go away. Also just to note, if chrome is installed fresh, this will no longer work. If you install an older version of chrome (not recommended for general public) you can get the extention to work again. This is regardless on what version of windows is running. I am currently running Win11 23H2. Anyway, I just thought I would share some light on my tshooting with this.
- (2023-11-10) Franck: on macos its doesnt work i click to activate but still desactivate...
- (2023-11-09) Gean Fonseca: Dont work at all...removing
- (2023-11-06) 鐮夜: Does not work ,windows 23H2,chrome 119.0.6045.106 (64 位元), 今天重灌全新系統裝的全新chorme，打開擴充以後就完全沒反應了，打勾重啟瀏覽器也不會勾上，右鍵選單也沒有，怎麼設定都沒用
- (2023-11-05) Nuutti Gylling: Does not work.
- (2023-11-02) Davi Poncem: This last Update dont have the shortcuts .... to suspende all others tab, to suspend current tab .... really?
- (2023-10-08) bun nyd: Works on Windows 10. Saved >50% of memory.
- (2023-10-07) onur altuntaş: Extension done very well until this time. Recently, video players like twitch are flickering when the extension is active.
- (2023-08-07) SHELLex: Из-за постоянного открытия окна расширения с запуском браузера, решил спустя очень долгое время(может даже больше года) удалить расширение. После удаление теперь все мои 149 вкладок в трёх папках - Сайт fiabciakcmgepblmdkmemdbbkilneeeh заблокирован. Видимо все 149 сайтов перенаправлены на этот а тот не очень хороший, от чего его Яндекс заблокировал. Это месть за удаление?) После установки расширение эта блокировка проходит.
- (2023-07-27) Valentin Degenne: Design is old and not user-friendly, the extension does way more than just tab suspender which makes the extension unfinished here and there.
- (2023-07-16) Adrian Olmedo: Excelente, ahora Chrome no se come mi RAM.
- (2023-07-15) Don't do it: It does its job well, but it should have an option to not force you to use captures, like The Great Suspender (no track).
- (2023-07-10) Anno Niem: It worked nicely, I primarily used it to speed up browser startup when lots of tabs are open. Sadly with the update to Vivaldi 6.1 it makes the browser crash right after startup before you can do anything with it. Not everyone seems to be having this problem. Maybe it doesn't play nice with specific websites? Tried resetting the settings but it still seems to keep data on which tabs were suspended even after closing them all and then reopening them from bookmarks. Is there a way to do a real clean install of the extension? Well for now I'm stuck sticking to Vivaldi 6.0 or I could start looking for an alternative. Any suggestions?
- (2023-07-02) BG Bruno: it just work 😃 pros cons + shortcuts + automation + start states + session manager + full url in suspended url -- so when plugin is disabled still exist origin url - very small popup menu items - missing full disable image screenshot for better performance in suspended tab - missing disable url preview in content in suspended tab - cannot uncheck disabled whitelist from chrome icon menu specs • cpu : -1.5% every 15s • memory : 60 MB • disk : 4+ MB -- depends on feature " Suspended Screenshots " • network : 0 MB >> req features • whitelist with suspend interval
- (2023-06-30) 武術有栖: 卵用没有，内存占用都没低哪怕那么一丁点……
- (2023-06-22) Сергей Дорошенко: Добре
- (2023-05-23) S B: This is the worst extension I have seen to manage memory. "Unsuspend All" option doesn't work on mac.
- (2023-05-22) Hanggi Anggono: Great extensions but it would be nice if it doesn't store time mark when suspending a youtube tab, because youtube already store our watch progress anyway
- (2023-05-18) Samo: I'm using an old laptop and I use my browser a lot so I have many tabs opened which makes it slower but at the same time I need these tabs for later use, bookmarking them is not efficient since I'll use most of them only one time, this is when this extension becomes so helpful and necessary for me to help me keep these tabs and at the same time prevent them from making my browsing experience slower, thank you so much <3
- (2023-05-14) R. B.R.: i hope i am wrong, but i keep on getting some redirects when i enter some websites which i am suspicious may be linked to tabsuspender. the website is "sweetydeals.com". Is tab suspender code available for checking?
- (2023-05-12) Suhail Kawsara: I love this extension. But after prolonged usage, the extension storage grows to 600 MB. How can I reduce its size?
- (2023-05-10) team admin: so far the best app for google chrome..but I do not understand this option: (looks scary to me) Advanced Discard Tabs (New) Enable automatic discard suspended tabs to free up even more memory
- (2023-05-08) КОЛЯ Колян: как включить русский язык? как полностью отключить скриншот?
- (2023-05-08) Peter Kionga-Kamau: Why does it think that one hour is sufficient? I want to suspend tabs that have been inactive for more than a day. It is odd that this is limited to an hour.
- (2023-04-16) Amc CMA: I love this extension , but i wish there will be a firefox version :))
- (2023-04-10) Nick Katz: Tabs disappear with this plugin. I have the latest macbook and running the extension in Brave. Tabs I have had opened for many months all of a sudden disappeared a few minutes after adding this extension. I thought I may have done something and recovered them through tab history. But it happened 2 more times after that within a few minutes. It seemed like the perfect solution, but clearly has issues. Removed, and looking for a plugin that works.
- (2023-04-05) Nurihan Park: what does it mean by "discard tabs" in the advanced settings? is it auto closing unused tabs or just the ram cache?
- (2023-03-31) Dung Luc: it almost reduce 85% ram usage, fast reload, good function
- (2023-03-31) Honoré SABATIER: Je met 5 étoiles parce que j'ai utilisé cette extension à l’extrême, jour après jour pendant des années sans vraiment y penser. C'est dommage qu'aujourd'hui elle ait planté sans que je puisse en déterminer la cause et qu'elle n'ait pas su récupérer plus de 300 onglets suspendus une fois "réparée" par chrome. Il n'existe pas d'outils pour gérér des sessions lourdes de 300 onglets, et il m'arrive d'atteindre et de dépasser les 1000 onglets. Le gestionnaire de session serait salutaire s'il en était capable, si on pouvait revenir à une session quelques minutes en arrière, ce qui doit être possible. Edit: Quand j'en arrive à plus de 1000 onglets (1300 cette fois ci) je m'attelle à la lourde tâche d'enregistrer tous ces onglets dans mes favoris en tant qu'archive. Je dois réveiller et sauver chaque fenêtre une par une avec tous ses onglets, sur une dizaine de fenêtres. On ne peut pas récupérer directement l'adresse d'un onglet suspendu. J'aimerais vraiment avoir une fonction qui me permette de sauver en favoris tous les onglets d'une fenêtre sans avoir à les réveiller.
- (2023-03-23) Ahmet: i would like to know if this addon's source code ise public/open source i highly suspect this addon has a built in "redirect" module interfering in between redirects from google search results to the final destinaton web pages. a redirect "tracker" domain caught my eye for just a split second right before i landed on "carrefoursa.com" , the redirect tracker url was "https://sweetydeals.com/?gclid=NbpaVNvgbuU2sDllqGK1tpbfNI1919B1ai30FJAqPwSfblVP1Y5abNP" google.com ->https://sweetydeals.com/?gclid=*** -> final url (which in my case was carrefoursa.com) to whomever it may concern, please acknowledge the potential thereat and act accordingly
- (2023-03-17) mia: ty for help, even better than edge product
- (2023-03-16) Kodi Nel: Necessary component of my browser now, good work.
- (2023-03-15) T C (Chuck): Lassan három éve használom, ennél jobb és hasznosabb dolgot még nem telepíjtettem böngészőbe. Állandóan nyitva tartok legalább 1000 oldalt az ADHD-m miatt, ez a csodálatos plugin meg szünetelteti amit épp nem használok. Mindent lehet állíjtani, hibátlanul működik! I've been using this plugin for almost three years, and I've never installed anything better and more useful in my browser. I keep at least 1000 pages open all the time due to my ADHD, and this amazing plugin suspends what I'm not using. Everything can adjusted and it works flawlessly!
- (2023-03-09) Kristol: Fail to suspend the Youtube site sometimes, then cause high CPU use.
- (2023-02-23) Daniel R.: Netflix is flickering when I pause an ongoing movie. Yes,this extension cause it.
- (2023-02-14) Maruhan Park: Are there any extensions that makes suspended tabs retain static data? I don't see why I can't scroll through suspended tabs
- (2023-01-30) Khanh Dinh: the only extension to do what i want : not load new background tabs until selected. but its not consistent. only work in about 1 out of 5 times. improvement on that would be nice. also an option to discard older tabs when a hard limit is reached would make more sense
- (2023-01-29) JosQi: I always give ratings but don't usually write comments unless is Super Good or Super Poor. After trying all similar plugins or software. this is the best plug-in/extension that has all functionality to fulfill every human need. ** THE BEST ** =Up-Todate. (this is how every human should check before wasting time. Browser keeps updating, consistent updated plug-in/firmware/extension to prevent code crash or heavy code is very important) =Hover and restore (really convenient, those sleep tabs can just restore by hovering the center big icon) =Suspend/Make it sleep based on your choice. (after some time, you will start to click the pinned icon on the menu bar for this function. I started to find this useful when ad-hoc jobs pop-up while in the mid of Researching/Online Learning/Shopping. Therefore, I just click the pinned icon to suspend all windows/tabs/others, then full force on the pop-up job. If back to the old time... need to save it all in the collection or close the browser to restore it later before working on heavy software like Adobe Premier, Photoshop, AI, 3D software, or FB ads....) =Limit tab open & auto Close (most people may think is useless, but is good for self-discipline & Chinese boss company & Kidz. we tend to drift away as browsers are very smart to show "you may also like" ads nowadays. in according to limit drift away action or complete task/research in time. this function is super good. Educate your kids to do that, as most pages, open only wanted a few lines or phrases. they can just select-> right-click ->save to collection. Be a tidy clean kid~ otherwise, keep buying tons of RAM is no use.) **POTENTIAL TO IMPROVE** =Automatic Discard Un-use Tab being ticked as default. (most humans don't go into “Setting” after getting anything. so this function ticked as default will cause them don't understand why tabs closed themselves. I understand this is a new function and thank you for your hard coding work, but to announce it in default ticked. will cause Human panic, they forget can just Right click the mouse at the menu bar to restore those closed windows/tabs) =Add in Close duplicated function. (Human memory is short, always open repeated links in different content, or the website likes to pop out in the new tab. adding this function to close those duplicated old tabs is very helpful for humans. full link match will do this auto-action, an advance function could be... after some ../*/*/ sublink or query strings only auto close as duplicated) =Group same domain Tab function. (since the Ori code is working on tab functionality. adding those tab-related extensive coding won't make the plug-in/extension heavy. it will be lighter than humans installing several plug-ins/extensions from different places/developers. this can be optional for human tick by themself.) **Conclusion** you or your team's thoughtfulness had create such a good plug-in, look forward to seeing more of your stuff.
- (2023-01-04) Gabriel Fernandez: what about removing the extension entry from the context menu?
- (2023-01-01) Лириам Вей: Проблема! Блокирует некоторые сайты. Никогда не подумал бы, что из-за этого расширения. Например не могу зайти в личный кабинет Blizzard или на форум. После ввода логина/пароля перебрасывает на окно активации аутентификатора, а потом обратно! А обратно не должно перекидывать! В итоге залогиниться не могу, приходится выключать это расширение и логиниться без него.
- (2022-12-17) Auzuru: Well for me whenever I press "unsuspend all" it just completely stops working forever and I have to uninstall/reinstall to make it work again... But else it's a really useful thing. I don't know what's up with this app but every time I have it for a few weeks it just stops working, this time it wasn't even because of the "unsuspend all", I can't reopen suspended tabs, nor can I suspend tabs, however it says in the history that those tabs are getting succesfully suspended lol
- (2022-12-14) 无相孤君（无相孤君）: You can't automatically switch to another language, the default is English. Hope the author can revise
- (2022-11-24) Uzzajan: nearly perfect but tab icon changed to broom pic after suspending. so, i can't see original icon site and hard to find works. please remove of have option for original icon site.
- (2022-11-11) Skay x: Loving the extension so far. I am havin problems with some logins. When I try to login the websites reload. Login works when without the extension.
- (2022-10-25) Denis Shkerin: Отлично!
- (2022-10-17) Zeke Foppa: Please don't suspend tabs with active form inputs :( that takes this from "100% what I want" to "thing I have to work around carefully"
- (2022-10-06) Роман Бондар: Great!, Request: I'm missing an option of the settings section: "Design of Restore button". -- I need the following option #4 after the first three options: "No Icon, no screenshot - only page Name, and page addres on top center; (+screenshot on hover at Tabs?!)". This would be nice to add, especially with an optimal font size (not huge). -- Now I use the option: "Semi-transparent bar at the top of the page" no icon at center page. -- Thank you for such an addon for Chrome.
- (2023-11-14, v:1.4.11) Adrian Staicu: WebSQL deprication
Chrome depricated WebSQL and broke the extension: https://developer.chrome.com/blog/deprecating-web-sql/ As a temporary fix it can be enabled in chrome://flags/
- (2023-11-03, v:1.4.11) Andy Huang: Broken
New chrome version may have broken the extension? I have reset the settings, reinstalled but the extension no longer works. Errors showing up: TypeError: settings.get is not a function Error in Popupsettings.get is not a function TypeError: settings.get is not a function Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'queryIndexCount')
- (2023-09-19, v:1.4.11) Jon Tran: Settings for Tab Suspender don't carry over to Incognito Mode.
When switching to Incognito Mode on Chrome, all of the settings for Tab Suspender like the Whitelist, Suspend Interval, Auto-close tab settings, and etc. don't carry over and has to be manually changed back or imported. Is there a way to make it so that these settings carry over when using Incognito Mode?
- (2023-09-02, v:1.4.11) Vince Wilson: not working
i found one really works on me. here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-suspender-20/jiicninagbmmkidaaiibdhcgalpdmomc
- (2023-09-01, v:1.4.11) João Carlos Mendes Luís: Garbage collector
It seems to me and vary other commenters that the extension leaves garbage after some time. Probably context from old suspended tabs that have been closed before unsuspend, I'm cannot be sure. Is it possible to create a Garbage Collector Runner analyzer/button?
- (2023-08-16, v:1.4.11) Nicole Ahmed: How does this work with Chromes memory saver
Hi - please can you explain how this extension interacts with Chrome's memory saver? Are they completely separate or is there some interaction or interference? What are the benefits to having this extension on top of Chrome's memory saver? Many thanks Chrome's memory saver: When on, Chrome frees up memory from inactive tabs. This gives active tabs and other apps more computer resources and keeps Chrome fast. Your inactive tabs automatically become active again when you go back to them.
- (2023-08-14, v:1.4.11) JB W: no hotkey or page-rightclick menu for supend current window?
- (2023-08-04, v:1.4.11) Martin: Duplicating tabs
When I restart my computer and open the brower again, it duplicates all my tabs. This is a blocker.
- (2023-07-26, v:1.4.11) Joe Idzikowski: It just completely stopped working.
I think it's something with a new update. I came home from work and after my Chrome froze and rebooted again I couldn't even click on the extension icon to bring up the options. Whenever I go back to a tab that had been suspended, it just infinitely loads on a black screen. I can't even open the options menu.
- (2023-07-19, v:1.4.11) Roman Shein: Silently closes the tabs
Hi I like the idea, but I strongly disagree with the "Close tabs automatically" being on by default! "Close tabs automatically" is indeed mentioned in the overview, yet it located at the very end, and the feature described as being "opt-in". Although, It is probably a new feature, as I do not remember it being present at the time of the installation. Pls, stick with the description and make it opt-in. BR, Roman.
- (2023-06-28, v:1.4.11) Edward Lim: Tabs from another PC appearing on another.
Any way to disable such behavior even when I have the same google account linked in both PCs?
- (2023-06-21, v:1.4.11) Sherman Shank: extensions are be killed even a tab is in whiltelist.
I have a extension for auto refresh a web page. it works well before. now, the extension always be killed even this web page in whitelist.
- (2023-06-15, v:1.4.11) Loz Turner: Pressing Forward button on mouse
forces a tab suspension, but there's no feature to turn this off. It doesn't seem to be a hotkey. Can you please let me know how to turn it off this is killing functionality. Thank you. Microsoft Edge Windows 10 Doesn't matter, what mouse you use doesn't matter what account you'll log in uninstalling and reinstalling. The behavior is reproducible.
- (2023-06-09, v:1.4.11) bob fleming: vivaldi 6.1.3035.75 (Stable channel) (64-bit) crashing on startup with extension enabled
vivaldi 6.1.3035.75 (Stable channel) (64-bit) crashing on startup with extension enabled
- (2023-04-20, v:1.4.11) Mohsen Farjami: Lack of support for Persian/Arabic support is suspend mode
When a tab is suspended and it has Persian/Arabic text inside, the screenshot of the extension, separates the letters. For example آموزش is shown as آموزش that is not correct. Thanks in advance for your help.
- (2023-04-04, v:1.4.11) John Wypp: Can you have too many tabs suspended?
Is there a limit to the number of tabs that can be suspended? My Chrome browser now is running slow and shuts itself down. I had over 300 tabs suspended. Also, I cannot view TS in the same format I was previously able too.
- (2023-03-18, v:1.4.11) Dubstep Demon X: About this tab
I was wondering if this extension will NOT make a tab inactive if it has a video playing. Such as if i am listening to music on youtube or have a stream on in twitch in another tab, it wont make those tabs inactive right?
- (2023-03-09, v:1.4.11) Kristol: High CPU use (Youtube site)
Fail to suspend the Youtube site sometimes, then cause high CPU use. . . Chrome up to date Windows 10 Education
- (2023-01-09, v:1.4.11) hari: difference between "suspend" and "discard"
can you please provide some explanation what "discard" means? In the "advanced" section of "Suspend Settings", there is a check box called "Discard Tabs (New)" and the description is "Enable automatic discard suspended tabs to free up even more memory" What is the difference between "suspended tab" and "discarded tab"? Are there any other terms? I also see "hibernate" and "park" in a few places too. Do they mean anything different?
- (2022-12-13, v:1.4.11) BatMan The: 용량이 왜 증가한겁니까? 기존 1.33M -> 2.3M로 용량이 증가함
기능 업그레이드도 좋지만 너무 단순한 기능인데 (suspend) 알고리즘을 개선하여 더 적은 용량으로 메모리를 아껴줘야 할 텐데 무거워진 것 같아 아쉽습니다. 900KB 이하로 만들어 줄수는 없는건가요?
- (2022-09-28, v:1.4.11) Anatolii Bakhtin: Open paused tabs bookmarked on your phone
When I use your extension on my computer it helps me save computer resources, that's cool! BUT to save the tabs as bookmarks, you have to reset them all first, then save because you can't open them on your phone... I'd like the option of not wasting time and resources in vain. Thanks for your attention !🏵️
- (2022-09-22, v:1.4.11) luke Cole: Cannot transfer a suspended tab to another type of browser that also has Tab Suspender. Why is this? why wont the url code work?
How can you decrypt the url code?
- (2022-08-25, v:1.4.11) Josh Dobbin: Make a suspended tab findable with "Search Tabs" feature
Hello, I love your chrome extension. I have just one suggestion. When a tab has been suspended, it no longer includes some of the same information that made is searchable with the "Search Tabs" feature. Can I suggest changing it a little to make tabs more searchable? Things like the URL and Title would be the main searchable things. Thanks so much!
- (2022-08-03, v:1.4.11) 滌赤散人: 怎麽選擇使用中文界面？？？
- (2022-03-22, v:1.4.11) Guilherme Schmidt: Tab icons undimming themselves
Whenever I click in a dimmed suspended tab it sometimes changes back to normal (and removes the little blue dot) even though it is still currently suspended. It has been like this for a few weeks. Other than that, thanks for the hard work on this really useful extension.
- (2022-03-09, v:1.4.11) Daniel Remenyi: Netflix
Netflix is flickering when I pause an ongoing movie. Yes,this extension cause it.
- (2022-02-11, v:1.4.11) Arpad Orfi: Tab icon status animation - does not seem to do anything
It doesn't do anything in my browser.
- (2022-02-11, v:1.4.11) Arpad Orfi: Discard Tabs
Does this setting have any negative effect? Tabs are reloaded slower, but that is all? Screenshot about suspended tabs remain?
- (2022-02-11, v:1.4.11) Arpad Orfi: Adaptive Suspend interval - how does it work
Dear Developer, Please elaborate on how the Adaptive Auto-Suspend Timeout recalculation works. E.g. if I set 30 minutes to suspend, then in what time range the altered suspension time will be when the extension adaptively changes it? And for any particular page, the time constantly changes? If I use it more, the 30 minutes default time increases (or simply doesn't decrease... or can increase, but only in case if it is originally set to a low number, e.g 3 minutes)? Can you elaborate? Anyway, I am impressed by the functionality of this extension. I especially like the screenshot about each suspended tab. Awesome!
- (2022-02-10, v:1.4.11) dire: Minimalistic Options?
This extension's working perfectly for me and I have no faults with it, it's great, but I'd like to suggest a more minimalistic suspended page design option that is basically the 2nd or 3rd options, just without the bar up the top saying what the URL is, or the branding at the bottom right. The only other issue I have which is super minor is the design of the page design section itself. It's a little hard to tell which option is selected, and if you've even changed it or not.
- (2022-02-08, v:1.4.11) Bonnie McF: Favicons not dimming
Favicons not dimming upon suspension since most recent update.
- (2022-02-05, v:1.4.10) Ethan M: Suspend background tabs by default
I want all newly loaded pages opened, which are not active tabs to be immediately suspended. Does Tab Suspender support such an option?
- (2022-01-04, v:1.4.10) Simeon Gorov: App broken my work
The app suspended = closed my tabs and it is not giving me option to unsuspend them. I want all my tabs back. Instructions please!
- (2021-12-23, v:1.4.10) Andrew Chapman: right-click suspend tabs?
Auto-suspension works well, manual suspension is a bit odd though: would be great if we could right-click a tab and suspend it from the popup menu there. That seems more in line with tab UX than bringing the tab to the front, and suspending it via the extension. Small issue though, great extension, thanks!
- (2021-12-03, v:1.4.10) lawrence d'Aniello: Add a site to an autosuspension list
Hello, I love the "suspend current tab" function! isn't it possible to add a single web site to a list to autosuspend it always after a time? The contrary of a white list... Thanks
- (2021-11-30, v:1.4.10) Jegoopv Alekc: active tabs suspension, suspended original hrefs
Great extension! Would be great: 1) To see original page url immediately at the page top as it was some time ago - is best solution, necessity to press "info" button to unhide it is too boring... 2) It would be great to to add ability to make active tabs to be auto-suspended too the same way as an inactive ones Thanks
- (2021-11-23, v:1.4.10) creon levit: this extension is the best! (on Brave)
however... the tab hover previews are kind of crippled. Is there a way to show previews of the actual page rather than the suspended icon? This is for the brave browser (far superior to chrome). The flag in question is #tab-hover-card-images
- (2021-11-19, v:1.4.10) Dean Chen: First tab of fullscreen sessions on macOS won't automatically suspend.
First tab of fullscreen sessions on macOS won't automatically suspend. This happens in fullscreen mode and split-screen mode on macOS. Is there a way to add an option to auto-suspend these tabs? Currently I can only manually suspend these tabs by clicking the extension icon.
- (2021-11-17, v:1.4.10) Anshul Jain: Doesn't work anymore!
I've been using this for several months, but recently it just doesn't work. I suspend tabs, and most of those tabs do not suspend properly. I am unable to restore them. It does not take a screenshot, it does not save the URL, and sometimes it says 'Your file could not be found' or could not be accessed. This is really frustrating. I've lost dozens of tabs and wasted so much time due to this. I don't know if a recent Chrome update broke this or something else, but this is really problematic :/ Please fix it and advise
- (2021-11-15, v:1.4.9) Bonnie McF: 1.4.9
YouTube save place in video, very nice.
- (2021-10-29, v:1.4.8) Jegoopv Alekc: A lot of "Renderer" process
When "discard tabs to free more memory" checkbox is activated then I see in chrome Task manages a lot of Renderer processes (the same number as a suspended tabs). Not sure if it's ok for all of them to exist and to eat some memory scope. Thanks!
- (2021-10-26, v:1.4.8) Jochem Huhmann: Display website title in suspended tab?
There's already the line with the actual URL of the tab on the top, which is very nice because Chrome's URL bar only displays the extension URL. What would be even better would be the title of the page (which is only displayed on the tab which of course it much too short for that usually). So could you add a second line on the top with the title of the page/tab additionally to the URL? Most of the time I'm looking at the URL to make sure I've selected the tab I wanted, but the title would be just way more user friendly for that. I hate it anyway that with all the short tabs I always only see the first characters of the title of a page.
- (2021-09-22, v:1.4.8) Udi Sharir: restore on restart
hello does the tabs also restore when you re-open chrome if i set it to store last season (where i left off)
- (2021-09-18, v:1.4.8) Борис Буханов: Русский язык
Добавьте пожалуйста русский язык что бы меню и настройки были на русском. Жду вашего ответа.
- (2021-09-17, v:1.4.8) Jegoopv Alekc: Not all tabs are unsuspended
"Unsuspend window" unsuspends only part of window tabs, not all
- (2021-09-09, v:1.4.8) Peter Blanker: pinned tabs not being ignored
as per the title, I have a page with pinned tabs that I don't want to suspend. Regardless of the setting "ignore pinned tabs" it suspends them anyway. I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm using the Brave browser instead of Chrome but is supposedly fully compatible with Chrome extensions.... I have 20 extensions installed and all others seem to work fine. Hope you can help...
- (2021-08-29, v:1.4.8) Jegoopv Alekc: To suspend active tab too
Reason: I use multiple desktops and multiple chrome windows, so it would be great to have ability to auto-suspend active tabs on those windows that I don't use long time too. Thanks!!
- (2021-08-24, v:1.4.8) Loïc ZAREMBSKI: GPO settings deploy
Hello, I need your extension to avoid a softphone tab to be automatically suspended by chrome. In found the way to save and restore settings but I don't know how to do it automatically using GPO (with a registry key, replacing a file or using a script maybe...), can you help me with that ? At least I need to automatically modify the whitelist. Thank you by advance for your helpfull answer
- (2021-08-03, v:1.4.8) Chris Peacock: Renderer Task Excessive Memory Usage
It took me a long while to figure out this was Tab Suspender causing the problem. In Chrome's built-in Task Manager, I constantly saw tons of standalone "Renderer" processes, each taking up 20-100 MB of memory. I wasn't sure what these were related to for the longest time. I had figured out though that ending all of those processes seemed to have zero impact on my Chrome experience, and would often free up over 1 GB of memory.
- (2021-07-12, v:1.4.7) Bonnie McF: Auto-restore working again
"Restore when switching to a tab" has been fixed with version 1.4.7! Donate buttons/links still not working.