A complete research solution – Search and save papers online. Annotate PDFs directly on Chrome. Cite papers on Google Docs.
Annotate and download PDFs while reading online via interactive PDF reader. Collect article references from 100 million papers by leading publishers, Cite them and generate bibliography in over 7,000 citation styles in Google Docs. wizdom.ai supports hundreds of publisher websites including Google Scholar, CrossRef, PubMed, ArXiv, Taylor & Francis and IEEE. Please share your feedback at [email protected]
- (2021-03-03) Tu Hu: Frankly, the idea is good but the chrome extension is very bad. The extension always shows "Please wait while we fetch your wizdom.ai library data." Then require me to sign in. Then showing the message agin. So, I give up.
- (2020-07-07) Narayani Prasad kar: Loved it. All my wishes came true. I was looking for something like it. I am using it and hope it will improve day by day. Thanks for creating something like this. I found more doi. link in this than endnotes. As I am from resource poor developing country, and cant afford to buy a new laptop, windows, office and newer versions of endnotes every 5-7 years, now I can forget microsoft word, endnotes, windows and Air. I am liking this free cloud work. Now I don't carry my laptop from home to office but just work from cloud everywhere.
- (2020-03-27) Aamir Shah: very handy addon to have, highly recommended
- (2019-04-04) Joe Mottershead: Great idea, but the implementation is so bad. I can't add anything to my library as it constantly signs me out. The web library doesn't sync with the desktop app, and it is just not helpful unfortunately.
- (2018-03-28) Claire Qubain: This is a great idea, but I cant even save a citation to my library from Google Scholar.
- (2017-11-10) Matt Tvi: I got into trouble by using this app. could not export the bibliography to any of the formats available through the app.
- (2017-10-16) Meghan Warner: You can't save the highlights outside of colwiz as a PDF. So either only do all of your academic work via this extension, or lose all of your annotations. Pretty scammy.
- (2017-09-16) Daniel Turner-Lloveras: would be great if checkbox was automatically checked. Annoying to check it everything when it's the only option most of the time
- (2017-08-16) Patrick: Tested on several papers directly and on google scholar results. Each time different elements (author, date) of the citation were missing
- (2017-07-06) Ariel Werle: Only one thing I din't like so far: If I run it on the arxiv page of a paper it works, but it doesn't if I use it from the pdf file of the same arxiv paper. For example, running the app from https://arxiv.org/abs/1706.06119v1 works great, but from https://arxiv.org/pdf/1706.06119v1.pdf it does not. The app should be smart enough to figure that out.
- (2016-09-26) Uh-oh Spaghetti-O: Absolutely fantastic for a free app.
- (2016-09-14) Rémi Côté: Très pratique!
- (2016-08-25) Jarrod Dunham: This extension interferes with Moodle, basically rendering it unusable - the buttons to save activities disappear. I know Moodle is kind of a niche service, but there's a lot of overlap between Moodle users and the target population for colwiz, so that's a problem. It seems likely that it might interfere with other browser-based services as well.
- (2016-03-31) J M Greff: A great idea but totally useless since it keeps asking me to log in but never does when using the links it provides on a website (ie saving to colwiz from sciencemag) and when using the extension directly (clicking the extension link in my toolbar) the material I want to save never makes it to my folder. The only thing that does work is the "import to colwiz" link i dragged to my toolbar. I really want this to work so I can stop using 3 different browsers, each with their limitations, to do what I need to do. It's unbelievably frustrating to have that very convenient 'add to colwiz" button next to something I want to save and then have it not work.
- (2016-03-29) Anggel Lagunas: Perfecto, se ha integrado con google docs
- (2015-12-13) henry reese: Couple of issues. It adds new notification to the icon for any and every webpage suggesting me to add as a website reference type. I don't want to add website references. Is thee any way to disable that? The "Options" are unclickable too.
- (2015-10-03) Tom X Nguyen: Although it isn't as comprehensive in data mining journal information as Zotero, it does a really good job in holding a useful novelty for referencing material. Its Google Drive integration has me sold, but it remains rather clunky with the constant necessity to "refresh". One absolutely annoying thing about the Google Drive integration is the unnecessary formatting of the bibliography. Line spacing is forced to 1.15, no paragraph spacing, removes hanging indents, and adds the title "References:" when it doesn't need to. To top it all off, it adds new lines to the top of the references every time you refresh. The fact that I need to constantly edit this portion of my document defeats the purpose of the conveniences of reference managing.
- (2015-09-30) Wooof L: Nice tool, very helpful
- (2015-09-14) The best research management tool out there. Adds a journal article, a website, or any other source to library with just a click for quick referencing. Why didn't I find it earlier?!
- (2014-08-14) Frédéric Marçon: Import facilité des données et PDF, avec apparition de boutons dédiés dans les sites très bonne extension
- (2014-06-23) Farooq Syed: A perfect tool to help me during research. I've been a satisfied user since I installed it and have used it on over 25 websites to save articles I've searched.
- (2014-06-05) Haris Ali Khan: I couldn't find any tool better than this one.Works on every website that I visit for finding articles.
- (2020-02-27, v:22.214.171.1243) Marco Lam: Does not work with ADS
For example, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2004SPIE.5489..679S/abstract the extension does not find anything.
- (2019-01-06, v:126.96.36.1993) Abbie Patton: Printing Annotated Pages
I've seen a lot of complaints about this, and found this to be rather frustrating as a first time user. Annotating on the computer means highlighting important/ key information is more seamless and therefore easier to read when printed out (for me anyway). When trying to print it will only allow me to print five pages at a time (due to the others unloading or... not sure. But the rest appear blank unless scrolled over- and then the previous ones disappear). From the other reviews I have read this looks like it will be a really good tool for researching, especially since I'm writing a dissertation. Without the easy print option of an annotated article/ paper I don't think it will be much use to me other than saving article titles and links. Therefore I HIGHLY suggest you find a solution for this so others like myself will be more inclined to use it on a frequent basis.
- (2019-01-02, v:188.8.131.523) Jonas Heide Smith: Chrome plugin won't add to library
When using "Add to library" in the Chrome extension, the plugin simply hangs (showing the progress wheel) but the reference never appears in my library. On MAC OS / Chrome 71.
- (2018-10-23, v:184.108.40.2063) Personal Library
I am unable to see my personal library of saved articles on Apple based Chrome web browser. My PC seems to be fine. Is there a setting I should be looking for?
- (2018-10-02, v:220.127.116.114) Saima N Sherazi: Inability to download an annotated PDf article from Taylor Francis group
I have been using the annotation tool but am unable to download an annotated PDf article from Taylor Francis group. Please help.
- (2018-09-29, v:18.104.22.1684) Sune Serup: Problem with "accessed"
When I make a citation in google docs with fx vancouver or harvard or any other style, it shows the wrong date for "accessed" - If I add the citation today, it will for example say that the citation is added in 2014, or any other date ? Please fix :)
- (2018-09-08, v:22.214.171.1242) 大塚康平: This Extension does not work on Chrome 69.
This Extension does not work on Chrome 69.
- (2018-01-22, v:126.96.36.1994) 宿强: Show fully
cann't show the bottom button when listing over 5 items
- (2018-01-07, v:188.8.131.524) Stephen Thompson: Supress Author In-Text Citations
Looking to add a reference for year only of a reference, and not the author as it forms part of the sentence, how am I able to do this? eg. Vygotsky (1978) not (Vygotsky, 1978).
- (2017-11-02, v:184.108.40.2064) Chrome Extension
The extension is for Chrome will not let me log in. keeps redirecting me to the login screen.
- (2017-09-24, v:220.127.116.115) Rogerio Valls: Google scholar and Web of Science
What happened to the web importer for Google scholar and Web of Science. I tried to perform a bibliographic search on google scholar today as I usually do, but the link to citation import was not there. The web importer for pubmed is OK, but it doesn't appear neither on Google scholar nor on Web of Science site