Automatic remove overlays
This lightweight extension automatically close overlay popup without the need to press on any button. You have probably encountered in web sites you visit, the frustrating overlay which masks the page content with a transparent or semitransparent background and above it a registration form, sign up for newsletter, advertising of products, a survey and etc. Overlays are the next generation after the standard popup window, which has almost gone from our web world. Overlays are much trickier and can appear in a variety of ways like: on website on load even before you can see any content, after a delay, when you move your mouse, click on something or even more creative ways. This extension is lightweight and will close for you most of the overlays without doing anything. There is no need to click or press anything for almost any overlay. You can add specific web sites to a white list, use different timing or more aggressive overlay cleaning. The permission to read / write needed for saving the white list. I hope that my extension will succeed to make your web surfing less frustrating and more pleasant. In case you have questions, comments or suggestion you more than welcome to send me email to: [email protected] what's new in version 1.0.4: * Updated algorithm. Now, 'Auto Overlay Remover' removes overlay on more sites. what's new in version 1.0.5: * Enable scrolling even after the overlay site disable it. what's new in version 1.0.6: * Improved performance - more sites are now blocked. * Added ability to save sites for delayed appearing of overlays. * Added custom timer for for delaying the start of removing the overlay. what's new in version 1.0.7: * Bug fixed * Some UI modifications * Improved algorithm for more sites with overlays to be removed. * Added "twitter" to excluded domain names.
- (2021-11-05) Pat MySecret: Fantastic! Ask first option might be good While fantastic, users might also consider, running in tandem the "Nope To Overlays" extension, which is manual vs being automatic. It picks up a few strays. It makes a great team! There are times, however, that Auto Overlay picks up pop up windows that I need.. they do have a white list option. 11/21 Even more effective at times, if you are not in an interactive mode, is using a ReaderView Extension if it suits your style. Some of them work on autorun.
- (2021-04-10) Sparkschu Itai: NOT WORKING!!!! This is a scam. You should be ashamed.
- (2020-12-22) artur artur: it works but not smooth at all, you see the the unwanted overlay for a while (1-3 sec) and then it disappears. So, technically, it does its job but in a clumsy way.
- (2020-09-27) совсем неважно: Nice! To anyone who liked this extension, check out the PopUpOFF one - it also prevents overlays from appearing.
- (2020-09-22) FirstName LastName: Maybe this works on some sites, I don't know. I only wanted it to remove the annoying agreement on Google in private mode. Didn't work.
- (2020-01-03) George Fayad: Works perfectly fine for most sites. Tried it on one of the worst (kbb) and it worked perfectly. Some sites fail to load properly because of it, at which point you just have to white list and deal with it.
- (2019-10-08) dolli agarwal: it didnt work it work for 0 times
- (2019-09-20) Roxana Fişcu: THIS IS A GODLY WEAPON! USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
- (2019-08-05) Apel Senpai: work perfectly thanks
- (2019-05-26) Cristian Grand: Love it, I have no problems with overlays, they just dont exist anymore :D
- (2018-10-29) Code Bit Cookie: it works perfectly fine you just have to refresh the page after reading the reviews I tried and it worked. I'm not sure it works on every website but i tried multiple times and it works.
- (2018-07-24) Fæger EsoteryX: fake 5 star reviews. end of story, try this app out for yourself and you'll see why.
- (2018-07-04) ken brandt: Useless. use BehindTheOverlay instead!
- (2018-05-15) Omega Vibe: fake. don't get it, it doesn't work
- (2018-05-11) Schoolse Bonnoi: Useless
- (2018-05-07) baby lightly: 沒有作用
- (2018-05-03) Coolest Dragon Master: Nice application i use it two or four times it was working for some links some websites not working so it was okay
- (2018-04-29) QBaT Mobile: Trash. Doesn't work on most pages.
- (2018-03-29) Dead Soul: Doesn't Work
- (2018-03-11) Cory Pollard: One day after installation, says it's no longer able to provide protection without payment. Clearly ransomeware.
- (2018-01-31) Adam Kalontas Jędrys: Just plain doesn't work. On no site that gave me trouble it removed any overlays.
- (2018-01-26) Sirijal Baskey: it is really great.
- (2017-12-30) Yasarrrd: Çalışmıyor
- (2017-11-14) Leonardo Popoca-Marquina: didnt work
- (2017-10-26) Put simply, I tried it on about ten overlay sites (which is most sites these days) and this extension doesn't work. And I also don't trust the fake/paid reviews that give it five stars.
- (2017-10-17) Derrick Simpson: Simply put, it doesn't work for a simple div with left:0, right:0, top:0, bottom:0 that's absolutely positioned and blocks the context menu.
- (2017-07-19) Amelia Surya Noviyani: doesnt work
- (2017-07-12) K Huber: doesn't work
- (2017-05-10) Aaron Huttner: doesn't work with login overlays
- (2017-05-07) Ehtesham Al-Haque: Really Helpful.
- (2017-05-05) Deirdre Lowe: Does not work
- (2019-08-20, v:1.0.7) Avi Wasserman: Breaks modals
On some sites in which modals are the primary way to interact with the web page (e.g. Steam Guard, Google Chrome download), the modal will simply close after clicking the button that opens it. I know the modal is closed by this extension because I disabled it to test if that's what causing the modal to close it.
- (2018-07-13, v:1.0.7) unknow type 333: Can It hack robux?
CAN IT HACK ROBLOX?
- (2017-01-29, v:1.0.6) Jamie Sewell: Adding to chrome
This extension will not add or install. I get an error that says Could not move extension into directory. I cn add other exctensions though.
- (2016-10-24, v:1.0.6) vincenzo garofalo: Operazione non riuscita errore
Salve mi da dopo il download operazione non riuscita errore.