Open current tabs, links, pages (or all of them) in firefox
* Open a tab or all tabs in Firefox * Open selection/link/pic/video/audio etc. Windows: 1. Just install the host program (no need to install python). 2. Open options menu and make sure your the Firefox path is correct. OSX / Linux: 1. Install Python 2.7 - https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.12/python-2.7.12.msi 2. Download and run the install host script (Go to the add on page). 3. Open options menu and make sure your the Firefox path is correct.
- (2021-06-12) Martin Zintl: Does not work. No error message to indicate why it does not work.
- (2020-09-09) Y G: Didn't work. Win10, latest FF and Chrome.
- (2020-08-05) Jorge Ruíz: chando la clidad aun
- (2020-06-26) James Thomas: I have chrome book and this is supposedly easy to download but then there is a bunch of stuff to do after that. I'm pretty confident it would work but I'm having difficulties
- (2020-04-16) Meysam Hazbavi: ok
- (2020-03-20) Lego Pacific: It seems to work perfectly after one significant tweak: the path to Firefox needs to be corrected. Open the extension's options and change the path to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe", then hit "save".
- (2019-11-05) Dafydd Allan: Doesn't work, don't waste your time on it.
- (2019-09-01) le zoule: ne fonctionne pas ! dommage je voulais vraiment essayer
- (2019-05-24) Mel Ellington: Does not work. First, you need to know how to use the command line interface on Mac just to install it. I know how to do CLI on Mac. I successfully run the install command from the proper directory on the Mac (which requires administrative privileges), but the Terminal CLI reported "command not found". The instructions say Python is required. I have several versions of it installed, including Python3. This extension is not recommended for being DOA.
- (2018-11-16) هيثم التقني: زين كلش سريع
- (2018-10-31) Eric Sundquist: No problems - love the keyboard shortcut feature, and the option to automatically close the chrome tab. Would like to see ability to automatically open specific urls in firefox, so I don't have to go through the step of manually running the extension.
- (2018-07-15) Alex Anwar: works great as intended
- (2018-06-23) Robert Weiner: Worked great for me on Windows 10. Simple install and easy to use.
- (2018-06-22) James Stokes: The extension did not respond when I clicked on the extension icon. It also did not respond when I clicked on the 'Open ALL' option in the context menu. I think the issue might be that the extension was not pointing to the correct executable location. In my computer the Firefox.exe file is located in 'Program Files' and not the 'Program Files (X86)' folder. However, even after I tried to update the Executable file location and it did not change anything. I would suggest adding a browse folder link to open a window that lets the user manually browse to the executable file location in order to ensure that there is not syntax error.
- (2018-06-10) maddog7: did not work for me the one by yokris.dev did
- (2018-05-22) Peter Tomasi: The extension worked well for me with Win 8 and Win 10 and was very useful. But it doesn't work anymore on both Win (8 & 10), possibly since Mozilla updated Firefox to Quantum. Posted the following question to support: Could you confirm that the Extension is not working with Quantum? If yes, do you plan a fix? Thank's a lot in advance for your reply. I downgrade from five to one star, as the extension is not working actually, will upgrade stars again as soon as the extension works again. Previous opinion (29.10.2015): Works perfectly with Windows 8, very useful extension. Thanks! To work Windows host needs to be installed from Developers website: http://openwithfirefox.wix.com/openwithfirefox (very easy to install).
- (2018-02-17) Eliran Gonen: Doesn't work
- (2017-12-27) Shawn Seet: You'll need to change the path to firefox by right clicking on the button this extension creates and adjust the Options. The auto path doesn't seem to realise that my firefox is 64bit and is thus at the wrong path. By right clicking on the extension button you can also "Open All"
- (2017-12-15) Richard Box: This actually works. The first two extensions I tried wouldn't work, even after installing the communicator. But this one works exactly as I wanted. I got tired of copy-pasting URLs in when I needed to open in Firefox, so this is great - thank you.
- (2017-11-19) حمیدرضا: works Great! thanks
- (2017-08-29) Ill Willz: Works Great! I was able to get the native client installed and after a minute the add-on worked great! The only thing I had to do was chance the file path of the firefox application. The file path on my pc is different than the default file path set on the add-on (Windows 10).
- (2017-05-24) Graham Jordan: This does what it says on the tin. It's not difficult to set up as many reviews seem to suggest. Just follow the instructions and away you go. I've 3 starred it, not because it's average, but was expecting something a little more than launch a file and paste the URL in. I had an extension about 10 years ago for Firefox that would auto launch IE when I typed in a URL. I was hoping for something like that. Detects a URL > auto open URL in Firefox. Would that be something that's possible to integrate?
- (2017-04-23) Cody Wohlers: Once you get the native messaging host this works great!
- (2017-04-09) Hany Aloum: it works but you need to install this: http://openinfirefox.wixsite.com/openinfirefox this is the host app for this plugin
- (2017-03-27) Rómulo M. Soto Díaz: it does not work
- (2017-02-09) Serge Pleven: Doesnt work
- (2017-02-04) S. Reichel: Needs extra software, but the download page contains only one download button, and that button downloads some sketchy program with a TON of bloatware. Avoid at all costs.
- (2017-01-25) Oscar Paredes_230: eytwrwh
- (2017-01-19) Teo Deb: It works quite fine, but you need to install the host service first. It's available at http://openinfirefox.wixsite.com/openinfirefox
- (2016-12-20) Lauren Haston: It did not work it said I had to donload a file opener in the webstore.
- (2016-12-20) Dooho Yi: sorry. doesn't work. wasted time. (archlinux/python2.7/chromium)
- (2020-07-22, v:3.0.7) Darryl Phillips: Open if Firefox
Even though I have changed the path to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe and saved it, it still doesn't work. I am using the latest version of both browsers and the latest update of Windows 10 64 bit. Please assist me.
- (2019-11-23, v:3.0.7) Brandon Eubanks: Issue opening tabs using a chromebook
I tried to open a tab using firefox and consistently being transferred to your web store page
- (2018-05-14, v:3.0.7) Peter Tomasi: not working anymore, since Mozilla updated to Firefox Quantum
The extension worked well for me with Win8 and Win 10 and was very useful. But it doesn't work anymore on both Win (8 & 10), possibly since Mozilla updated Firefox to Quantum. Could you confirm that the Extension is not working with Quantum? If yes, to you plan a fix? Thank's a lot in advance for your reply.
- (2018-04-08, v:3.0.7) Andrew: Multiple Windows
Whenever I use the "open all" feature, it opens multiple windows instead of multiple tabs in one window. Also, it pulls from all of the open chrome windows I have open. Is there a way to only have the extension open websites in the chrome window I select the option from, and can it open in multiple tabs instead of multiple browser windows?
- (2017-11-19, v:3.0.7) حمیدرضا: Doesn't work.
- (2017-10-07, v:3.0.7) russell-orig newman: Doesn't seem to work
Installed and configured correctly. Tried Auto-Path, & my custom Path "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox_56\firefox.exe" Auto-Close=Yes, but no opening of Firefox.?
- (2017-09-29, v:3.0.7) Doesn't work.
Where is the client host instruction that appears to be needed but I can find no directions for? I'm not psychic!
- (2017-09-27, v:3.0.7) Pathway
There is no pathway automatically determined upon installation. What do I need to put in the pathway?
- (2017-08-09, v:3.0.7) Christopher M: How to remove?
My anti virus is going crazy since installing and I need to uninstall this extension and all related files installed by this, please provide instructions on how to safely do so txt.
- (2017-06-28, v:3.0.7) Ira Goldstein: Does not work at all
onece installed and configured this extension does NOTHING
- (2017-05-27, v:3.0.7) Mattias Pavlina: open every link in firefox automatically
Hi, It seems I have to right click and select open in firefox for this to work. Can I, in a specific chrome app, open links by default in firefox? Thanks
- (2017-04-23, v:3.0.7) Cody Wohlers: launch a different browser?
Love this extension! Thank you for making it. I was wondering if it's possible to launch a different browser? It works with firefox so I changed /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/palemoon in the options but it doesn't seem to work. Launching chrome from the command line gives the following output in the terminal when I click open in firefox: "Couldn't find the application directory."