Open current page, link, or all tabs in the Firefox browser.
Open in Firefox extension opens the current tab or links in Firefox browser. Using this extension you can send links to Firefox without the need to manually copy and paste links. If a Firefox instance is opened, then link is opened in a new browser tab, however, if Firefox is not opened, a new Firefox window is opened. For FAQs please visit: http://add0n.com/open-in.html For bug reports visit: https://github.com/andy-portmen/native-client/ --- Notes 1. For this extension to open links in Firefox browser you will need to install a minimal native client. The instruction to install the native client is displayed once a link opening is requested. There are two short video tutorials in the screenshot section for both Windows, and Linux or Mac operation systems if you want to see the installation steps of the native client. 2. This extension supports managed storage which means some preferences can be configured by the domain administrator 3. This extension can send links on left-click, a combination of the left-click and a keyboard meta key, and top-level navigation --- Change Log 0.1.7 Improving open-in functionality (You may need to update your native client) Export all tabs from Chrome to Firefox (right-click context menu over the toolbar button) 0.2.2 It is now possible to define a custom application name in the options page of the extension (useful to send links to the Developer or Nightly builds of Firefox) 0.2.4 A new option is added to close the source tab when tab is successfully opened in the destination browser (disabled by default) 0.2.5 It is now possible to define custom URLs or hostnames to be opened with Firefox from the options page. 0.2.7 Do not close the source tab when link is sent to the Firefox browser --- Legal Firefox is a trademark of Mozilla Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. This extension is an independent project and has no relationship to Firefox team or Mozilla Inc.
- (2020-09-17) Ryan C: It works for me (and in the Brave Browser no less)! Just install the extension, download the zip file it tells you to download, extract in contents into a local folder (I used "Documents/Open in FireFox" as my folder), and then double click on the install.bat file. Hit any key in CMD Prompt when it opens and you are set! Well probably anyway.
- (2020-09-12) Geovanna Padilla: ok
- (2020-09-09) Y G: Doesn't work without installing additional software and that's not made clear before hand. Be honest from the start.
- (2020-07-16) Sorin Ionuț Sbârnea: This extension is a real must for escaping Chrome Apps jailing as Google is forcing opening Chrome for any link present from a web app created with it. As Firefox support for web-apps is not yet useful for practical purposes (no dock windows or app icons on macos at least), we are forced to create web apps using Chrome. That comes with a big price: any link you click on these apps, will open in Chrome instead of using the system default browser. This extension can ameliorate this but it seems to still not work for changing all links by default, even if I tried to reverse mode.
- (2020-06-26) Bruce Burns: I don't need the functionality of this extension myself. I was looking for a simple Windows solution to convert PDFs to Text out of the browser for a large group of people who are provided PDF files - in order to use an excellent text-to-speech reader. There might be a pdf reader and if there is I'll eventually find it. I use linux personally for most of my file manipulation including file conversions. So, 1 star for being the only kid on the block that has anything posted. The second star to encourage the developers to code this into a typical extension that provides a straightforward process. I won't be using this add-on at this time. Super Users might get it to work and that is cool esp if you don't have any other solutions. Good Luck Developers.
- (2020-04-13) naser ebrahem363: ممتاز
- (2020-03-23) fantasy1290: 可以用
- (2020-02-05) Len Kowalik: I have heard some disturbing things about Google recently, but unfortunately that was not long after the purchase of my second Chromebook. The fact that it did not work for me is not the developers fault. Google should have one source for code that runs with the Chrome browser on Chromes OS, and another for the Chrome browser on everything else. The fact that the browser and the operating system are both named Chrome has always been a source of confusion.
- (2020-01-21) Brian Spearman: Doods, works flawless. Low stars are from non-doods.
- (2019-12-01) Dezider Meško: Installing something more than an extension itself smells, but it looks like nobody else is able to do it without it (other plugins use python etc...) After quick install script review it looks ok. So hopefully it is, and it will stay safe :-) After installation works fine.
- (2019-09-27) Je Gr: Extension has issue where if you also have Firefox Developer Edition installed, the link will open in standard Firefox and then also in Firefox Developer Edition.
- (2019-09-14) Anthony Aniston: A great extension!!!
- (2019-08-26) Charles Herold: Did what it said. I did have to install a small something in Windows (the first time you use the extension it will tell you what to do), but that was easy enough.
- (2019-07-20) Ardi Anto: It works! Need one extra step to make it work. Thanks.
- (2019-05-22) Ning Cao: good
- (2019-05-12) (Joseph Simony) SelfMed.pro: Flawless. The only extension that really works with any other browser with custom path. I'm using Firefox Developer Nightly or Edge Canary (with the Chrome engine). The rest of the similar extensions (the one for example that you need install Python) are should earn lower stars, but not this extension. This works. Low stars? Don't trust them, especially if you need seamless integration opening URL's in any other browser.
- (2019-04-28) Egor Levkin: Удобноэ разшырениэ
- (2019-03-11) Vickie Smith: This is not compatible to my chrome book computer. It will not down load even though it states that it is compatible to chrome book computers.
- (2019-03-07) Fahad ALMOutiri: سيبللأسي
- (2018-12-16) Дмитрий Васюк: good~!
- (2018-12-16) a-fan mail ru: Отлично.Всё работает.
- (2018-11-30) مصطفى احمد محمد: لا NO
- (2018-10-13) Виталий Мельник: It is free, simple and I have never heard it had traded personal data or had serious security flaws.
- (2018-09-27) Andre Goree: Does exactly what it says it does, works flawlessly.
- (2018-09-17) Ismael Ramirez: It works. You have to install something in your PC that takes you 15 seconds and then it´s set to start.