Open current page, link, or all tabs in the Firefox browser.
Open in Firefox extension opens the current tab or links in Firefox browser. Using this extension you can send links to Firefox without the need to manually copy and paste links. If a Firefox instance is opened, then link is opened in a new browser tab, however, if Firefox is not opened, a new Firefox window is opened. For FAQs please visit: http://add0n.com/open-in.html For bug reports visit: https://github.com/andy-portmen/native-client/ --- Notes 1. For this extension to open links in Firefox browser you will need to install a minimal native client. The instruction to install the native client is displayed once a link opening is requested. There are two short video tutorials in the screenshot section for both Windows, and Linux or Mac operation systems if you want to see the installation steps of the native client. 2. This extension supports managed storage which means some preferences can be configured by the domain administrator 3. This extension can send links on left-click, a combination of the left-click and a keyboard meta key, and top-level navigation --- Change Log 0.1.7 Improving open-in functionality (You may need to update your native client) Export all tabs from Chrome to Firefox (right-click context menu over the toolbar button) 0.2.2 It is now possible to define a custom application name in the options page of the extension (useful to send links to the Developer or Nightly builds of Firefox) 0.2.4 A new option is added to close the source tab when tab is successfully opened in the destination browser (disabled by default) 0.2.5 It is now possible to define custom URLs or hostnames to be opened with Firefox from the options page. 0.2.7 Do not close the source tab when link is sent to the Firefox browser --- Legal Firefox is a trademark of Mozilla Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. This extension is an independent project and has no relationship to Firefox team or Mozilla Inc.
- (2020-01-21) Brian Spearman: Doods, works flawless. Low stars are from non-doods.
- (2019-12-01) Dezider Mesko: Installing something more than an extension itself smells, but it looks like nobody else is able to do it without it (other plugins use python etc...) After quick install script review it looks ok. So hopefully it is, and it will stay safe :-) After installation works fine.
- (2019-09-27) Je Gr: Extension has issue where if you also have Firefox Developer Edition installed, the link will open in standard Firefox and then also in Firefox Developer Edition.
- (2019-09-14) Andrew Aniston: A great extension!!!
- (2019-08-26) Charles Herold: Did what it said. I did have to install a small something in Windows (the first time you use the extension it will tell you what to do), but that was easy enough.
- (2019-07-20) Ardi Anto: It works! Need one extra step to make it work. Thanks.
- (2019-05-22) Ning Cao: good
- (2019-05-12) (Joseph Simony) SelfMed.pro: Flawless. The only extension that really works with any other browser with custom path. I'm using Firefox Developer Nightly or Edge Canary (with the Chrome engine). The rest of the similar extensions (the one for example that you need install Python) are should earn lower stars, but not this extension. This works. Low stars? Don't trust them, especially if you need seamless integration opening URL's in any other browser.
- (2019-04-28) zemkas s: Удобноэ разшырениэ
- (2019-03-11) Vickie Smith: This is not compatible to my chrome book computer. It will not down load even though it states that it is compatible to chrome book computers.
- (2019-03-07) FAHAD ALMO: سيبللأسي
- (2018-12-16) Дмитрий Васюк: good~!
- (2018-12-16) a-fan mail ru: Отлично.Всё работает.
- (2018-11-30) مصطفى احمد محمد: لا NO
- (2018-10-13) Виталий Мельник: It is free, simple and I have never heard it had traded personal data or had serious security flaws.
- (2018-09-27) Andre Goree: Does exactly what it says it does, works flawlessly.
- (2018-09-17) Ismael Ramirez: It works. You have to install something in your PC that takes you 15 seconds and then it´s set to start.
- (2018-07-25) Meraj power: reason ways automaticlly acctiveded
- (2018-06-03) Nigel Beckles: v good app
- (2018-05-27) Eduardo Fernandes: Needs a option on right click menu to ease opening
- (2018-05-22) michael sam mendiola: i love this
- (2018-03-16) V. Z.: I clicked the "one more step", downloaded the zip file. But giving access by letting this program run a batch file, and also an executible file? No, I'm not that trusting of any app developer. I thought "install extension" was install? I agree with other comments, seems too shady. Developer should have the user manually set up the machine rather than batch file and exe files. Uninstalled of course. And I did not run the batch file, no no no.
- (2018-02-26) John Staples: Works great for me, I use Open in Chrome add-on also. Yes, it took some tinkering around to get them working.
- (2017-12-31) david dalal: לא עובד ,למרות שהתקנתי תוכנה נוספת שנדרשה ממני ,הוסר במידי
- (2017-12-27) kelly pratcher: Does not open pages in Firefox!