MultiHighlighter allows multi-word searching/highlighting on almost any web page. Each term is highlighted with a unique color.
Search and highlight or redact text quickly on almost any web page AND local files. Like keywording? MultiHighlighter is a light-weight, yet powerful extension that allows multi-word searching/highlighting on almost any web page and local files. NEW: Chrome web store feedback: Visit https://chrome.google.com/webstore/support/ocifbglmlbpgpbflnkfpclkmckoollbn to post any questions or comments you have about this extension; we will be able to reply to your inquiries via this open forum. Features: - The MultiHighlighter search bar is wired to a hotkey combination (Ctrl+Shift+A to display, Esc to close) - All search terms are highlighted with a unique background ‘highlighter’ color - A real-time count of the number of matched terms appears in the search status area - Text redaction option allows you to redact currently highlighted terms - MultiHighlighter does not interfere with the default Chrome browser search functionality - Highlighting is preserved when printing to standard media or to PDF Instructions: - To display the MultiHighlighter search bar, click the extension icon, or press Ctrl+Shift+A in combination after a page has loaded - Search and highlight occurs as you type in the MultiHighlighter search box - Highlighting persists after closing the MultiHighlighter search bar - Highlighting can be removed by clearing all text in the MultiHighlighter search box - To close the MultiHighlighter search box, press the Esc key, or click the ‘X’ on the right-hand side - Only words with a length greater than or equal to 2 are searchable - Search is currently case-insensitive - Redaction functionality is currently in-process and will be available soon - This does not work when viewing PDF documents in Chrome Feeling generous? You can contribute to this project from CCDevGroup by visiting our PayPal donation page: http://bit.ly/xIqtE3. Visit http://facebook.com/ccdevgroup and follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/CCDevGroup to find out about the latest updates and to post your comments or suggestions. NOTE: If you notice any issues when updating to a new version of this extension, try clearing your browser cache, and then restarting your browser session.
- (2020-03-24) Abel Gonzalez: I love this tool, very simple and a must for every serious researchers out there looking to save time finding content with having to read the whole texts. Keep up the great work! ^_^
- (2020-02-13) J C: Great Chome Extension!
- (2019-09-30) 智者先行: 可以自定义标注的颜色就好了
- (2019-08-23) Vasiliy Pupkin: Не работает, по клику по иконке ничего не происходит.
- (2019-06-23) Алексей Пискунов: Хоч тисни ctrl+shift+A хоч тисни на піктограму все одно рядок пошуку не відображається.
- (2019-01-22) 춘배: 좋노..이기야
- (2018-10-11) Duro Piri: Didn't do anything at all after clicking on the icon, even after a browser restart
- (2018-08-26) Kelly Arndt: Doesn't work. Tried reopening my browser, Still nothing. Useless.
- (2018-07-18) Alistair Bahr: works great. on huge sites it takes a little to load but it's working and ez to use... Good work and thanks ;)
- (2018-06-13) Lidia Ramirez: It is super helful overall when you have been working for hours and are tired. This really helps to keep you focus on what you are searching in long texts
- (2018-06-09) wes 937: не работает
- (2018-05-31) Bhupesh Sinha: MAKE MY WORK LOT EASIER THEN BEFORE . BEST PART ABOUT THIS IS EASY TO USE AND SEARCH VARIOUS THINGS JUST BY TYPING THEM ALTOGETHER INSTEAD OF TYPING THEM SAPERATLY.
- (2018-05-22) Giorgio Ursu: wow
- (2018-04-17) Asfand Qazi: Qnother extension using ridiculously generic styles in it's stylesheets like 'ui-button', which clashes with existing pages and causes things to mess up! Please prefix something unique to your style names to reduce the chances of them clashing with pages.
- (2018-02-11) Rifat Hussain: not working after 100 clicks
- (2017-10-04) Francisco Gonçalves: Would be great if the scroll bar could also show the results, so you can go straight to the part of the document where most results converge
- (2017-10-03) Gersivan Oliveira: É boa e bem útil. Falta "memorizar" as palavras. Elas somem após atualizar a página, sendo necessário digitar tudo novamente. Marca as palavras com radicais que combinam. Não suporta YT.
- (2017-07-27) 永远地奋斗: 五星支持！
- (2017-07-06) Fernando Tolosana: I cannot work without it
- (2017-06-20) Josh Diaz: OK.
- (2017-06-08) Paul Smith: Слова ищет, но искажается интерфейс яндекс почты. С другими приложениями таких проблем не было.
- (2017-05-28) Alex RandomGames: не работает
- (2017-04-26) Константин Соболев: не работает
- (2017-04-23) Candi Soda: Doesn't search multiple words in random order. Example Sentence: My name is David Would be nice to high light the words 'My' and 'David" at the same time
- (2017-04-11) Miro Pobuda: does not work when opening new pages in for example linkedin
- (2020-03-05, v:220.127.116.11) andrew smith: how to use
how do i use this, i click the extention yet nothing happens
- (2020-01-15, v:18.104.22.168) Akshay Sorathiya: Clicking icon doesn't work
After downloading extension, the icon doesn't work, there is no search bar to find words.
- (2019-06-26, v:22.214.171.124) 白杨: Consider allowing a shortcut key to be set
It would be nice if the user could be allowed to set a shortcut to activate the search bar.
- (2019-01-14, v:126.96.36.199) Ovidiu Crisan: Highlighter PDF
Hi, I am not sure if I understand, will there be a solution for PDFs displayed in the browser as well? That would be so helpful... Thank you!
- (2018-11-06, v:188.8.131.52) Владислав У.: [x] find whole word
- (2018-05-22, v:184.108.40.206) Giorgio Ursu: need to be improved
some time by clicking on the icon does nothing
- (2018-05-16, v:220.127.116.11) Steve T: DOESNT WORK
DOESNT WORK. Clicking on the icon does NOTHING.
- (2018-04-20, v:18.104.22.168) Gita Astari: It doesn't always work
It's great, but it only works like 50% of the time for me. I wonder why that is.
- (2018-02-11, v:22.214.171.124) Stephen Flynn: Highlighting a phrase
Is there a way to highlight two words together as a phrase, not individually?
- (2018-01-17, v:126.96.36.199) Asfand Qazi: Injected stylesheet
Your stylesheet uses styles that are way too generic. For example, you have a style called 'ui-button' which center-aligns text amongst other things, which messes with the styles from our stylesheet which also uses a ui-button class. Please prefix your styles with something more unique to yourselves. Am disabling extension due to this.
- (2017-07-26, v:188.8.131.52) FamKis: auto-sync
MultiHighlighter really should sync automatically with search terms used in a search engine beforehand. Like the 'Conform SearchBox' Addon together with 'SearchWP' on Firefox -- the greatest search Addons of all times.
- (2017-07-13, v:184.108.40.206) Josh Diaz: Options menu disabled
On my version of this extension the options menu is not available. Why?