Timewarp kindly reminds you not to procrastinate when you need to get things done.
When you need to get things done but just can't stop checking your Gmail, Facebook, Youtube, and Reddit etc, Timewarp comes to rescue. By setting up wormholes, you will be kindly reminded that you can't afford to procrastinate at the moment. There are three kinds of wormholes you can create: Redirect - Takes you to a more productive site which you specify Quote - Shows your most motivative quote Timer - Displays the time you've spent on the site today -------------------------------------------------- 3.0 is out! Feb 2, 2020 Fixed the issue with not able to block website that uses service workers such as Twitter. Timewarp is now part of Mindful Suite! Thank you for your support. We'll make Timewarp better! -------------------------------------------------- 2.6 is out! Mar 23, 2015 By request, you can now turn off social buttons, that's one less distraction! But we do appreciate sharing Timewarp with your friends. It's the only way to help us do a better job updating Timewarp! Good luck! -------------------------------------------------- 2.0 is out! July 18, 2015 Thanks everyone who suggested features and found bugs! I've been listening and building features as quick as possible. Many wanted to combine timer with quote or redirects, now you've got it! You can allocate the time you can spend on a site per day. Once the time is up, you will be taken to the quote or the alternative site, and be productive! Don't abuse the timer ;-). Also the timer will not continue counting if you've switched to another app with the current site open. -------------------------------------------------- Never feel guilty, Time Warp loves you and will never blame you. Like our facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/timewarpusers Credit: Thanks http://www.entypo.com/ for the great icons! -------------------------------------------------- We've been mentioned by LifeHacker! Yay! http://lifehacker.com/time-warp-keeps-you-focused-helps-you-avoid-distractin-749201935
- (2021-04-18) Dynmarie Miras: This is a good. It is effective in hindering me from procrastinating. However, there are instances when timers don't start or work.
- (2020-11-18) Dexter Ramos: It is quite good. However some sites like reaperscans.com makes the content to go on right side.
- (2020-09-09) Julianne Fung: I adore this extesion, it's one of the site-blocking extensions that has actually worked quite well for me. Although, I've been trying to build the habit of not turning it on and off so easily, but overall it has worked wonders, and I find that I've stopped procrastinating on smaller tasks a good deal. Thank you so much for creating such a lovely resource!
- (2020-03-19) Nugget_nugget 84: it was surpose to stop me from doing stupid stuff on the internet while working but i just did stupid stuff with it instead
- (2019-12-16) Arijit Das: Can you add regex matching as well?
- (2019-11-28) Jasper van Deelen: It's a very nice extension. It helps me a lot. But there's one thing I don't like: If I go to a website with the quote option, I have selected a time. In this case 10 minutes. It wil count down till the end and then it shows me the quote, very nice. But when I close the website, and then go to it again, the timer will go where it left off. I think it's better when the timer starts again at 10 minutes. And another thing: At the quote, I can't go back to the site. For the rest it's very usefull for me. Thank you!
- (2019-10-01) TheWeebToBlame: After 5 years i still love this extension helps with not procrastinating but sometimes i just turn it off but the only real flaw you have a limit of sites you can block kinda sad still please download super good
- (2019-07-31) Игорь: Doesn't work with twitter.com anymore.
- (2019-07-19) Dhruba's TECH: This app is life saving!
- (2019-05-11) deran akın: I highly recommend this app. Works good if you want to quit procrastinating and stay on task.
- (2019-04-17) tech cmval: Blocks webs very fast, doing it before they show up (others don't). Also, you can write positive words or messages instead of the webs you don't want to see, which does make you feel better. If you check news automatically when you are distracted, and then you find yourself immerse in an "interesting" article that wasn't the main thing you were going to do at that moment, this is a total time-saver. It'd be even better if no time-warp word+icon was displayed so that the one- two seconds it takes to close the tab your eyes could be focused on the positive message left instead of on the timewarp icon. At least you can disable social buttons. I love it. Yet what about exporting/importing in bulk? We have different profiles and browsers and sometimes need to reinstall... Pretty please?
- (2019-02-07) Cực kì tuyệt vời, nếu không muốn nói là trên cả tuyệt vời. Giao diện đẹp, hoàn toàn có thể tùy biến những gì xuất hiện và khi nào mình bị chặn.
- (2019-01-29) Perfect
- (2019-01-22) Sylvia M V: So far so good. I would REALLY love a feature whereby I could go to (whatever time-wasting website) but it would just make it a little harder, by making me type a sentence (of my chosing). Having a little speedbump like this would be a huge help. Also - would love to be able to put in a TON of websites, and have them all get the same settings
- (2018-12-06) Steve Schilz: This is a great app - I keep it installed at work and I can set the amount of time per day that I'm allowed on Facebook, or news sites ... Keeps me honest!
- (2018-10-15) AnonimoDeInternet: Excelente herramienta para no perdernos cuando hay cosas más importantes que hacer.
- (2018-10-11) Abiel George: Really helpful, I have exams coming up and find myself constantly going to YouTube and Netflix and this really keeps me on course. Hiding helps me not just disable it. It would be nice to make it hard to disable, something like a simple maths problem that we could change difficulty, so I am not tempted.
- (2018-10-04) Faruk Perceptron: :D thanks
- (2018-09-10) Phi Thương Nguyễn: Rất hữu ích
- (2018-09-01) Abhishek Tiwari: can't believe I was searching for this app and never thought such a weird request of mine would be up here on store. Love the wormhole section - JUST what I needed!! 5/5 although the option to not be able to disable it would be great :D
- (2018-08-19) Nick Kartashov: A great extension! One thing that can be improved is to be able to have multiple sites on one timer.
- (2018-07-20) Elijah: I'd like if I could use both a timer and a quote on certain websites that I don't want to block, but want to limit how much time I spend on them.
- (2018-06-03) Peter Atkinson: Excellent application for redirecting URLS from distracting websites. I have mine set up so that it forwards me to a google document of my life goals, so that I'm reminded what I'm costing myself by not using my time well. Very helpful!
- (2018-05-25) Steeltrap [SAFHAZ]: did not get to travel in time
- (2018-05-20) Владимир Юдин: Спасибо
- (2018-04-15) Phil S: Great plugin. However, it doesn't function that well with pinned tabs (which are always open), as it relies on the loading and refreshing of the pages in order to embed the timer. So it's not enough just to enable Timewarp - you need to manually refresh all your pinned tabs too. Also, it would be nice to have the timer flash red for the last two minutes, to try to warn you to finish or save what you're writing. Finally, I want to limit or block the chrome store itself (chrome.google.com) because it is one of my procrastination triggers, but Timewarp cannot block it.
- (2018-04-02) Tim Borny: Great extension for productivity. One feature I'd love to see would be the ability to disable the blocking for a set amount of time. Say I wanted a 5, 10, or 20 minute break, I could right click the icon and set a timer that would disable allow me to browse freely until the time limit is up.
- (2018-02-28) Halina Goldstein: Works great! The only thing I miss is the ability to drag it. Every position has its pros and cons, and sometimes it just comes in the way regardless where it sits. Thanks!
- (2018-01-04) Alexandra Taciak: awesome app. keeps me on track!
- (2017-10-22) José Gomes: Amazing extension if you need that extra bit of motivation and self control, use a good and powerful quote and set realistic timers so you won't find yourself turning it off. Just needs a few more features, ie: blocking only a certain part/url of a website, for example I would like to block reddit but still be able to visit productivity related subreddits.
- (2017-10-17) Jason Chan: Does what it's supposed to do
- (2021-04-15, v:3.0) Cheryl Farley: FERPA and COPPA Compliance
Hello, I work with K-12 students and am looking for your privacy settings, specifically if you are FERPA and COPPA Compliant. Thank you.
- (2020-11-15, v:3.0) Ainhoa bautista: Timer wont work on telegram
Hi, i recently discovered your extension and I love it, but I cant's seem to make it work properly for telegram. I would love to put a timer while im chatting, but im only able to warp to another web or put a quote, and I feel like that wouldn´t work for me long term. Can I do something to make it work? Thank you!
- (2020-08-02, v:3.0) Mia: Cannot block Gmail
Gmail is the number 1 thing I need to timewarp. But nothing works. I've tried: gmail.com mail.google.com google.com Help!!
- (2020-02-06, v:3.0) Jennifer Goodson: Nothing works
Hi, I recently learned of this extension, however any sites I try and redirect from, I receive the follow error message invalid domain: https://education.minecraft.net Eg. Facebook.com I have tried it on several sites including .gov, .edu, .net and have the same error appear. Please help, Jen
- (2019-12-02, v:2.6) jonathan rosenberg: android
Really like this extension, is there anything similar for android? thank you
- (2018-09-05, v:2.6) mayur gupta: hello
- (2018-06-13, v:2.6) Melody Liu: Scheduled Blocking
Sometimes I want to do work, and sometimes I want myself to fool around. Instead of getting into the habit of using the on and off button for the extension, it would be cool to be able to schedule times for productivity and relaxation.
- (2018-04-02, v:2.6) Tim Borny: Unblock Timer
One feature I'd love to see would be the ability to disable the blocking for a set amount of time. Say I wanted a 5, 10, or 20 minute break, I could right click the icon and set a timer that would disable allow me to browse freely until the time limit is up.
- (2018-02-28, v:2.6) Halina Goldstein: I miss being able to drag & drop it
It works great! The only thing I miss is the ability to drag it. Every position has its pros and cons, and sometimes it just comes in the way regardless where it sits. Thanks!
- (2018-01-18, v:2.6) Whitelist?
I think that for some, a whitelist mode could help. It could be called a "Warpstorm" which has prevented you from view any other site!
- (2017-10-11, v:2.6) Jason K: room for improvement
this extension has saved me multiple times when rushing for a deadline. I wish there is also a Firefox extension. Also, if you can add an option to show a quote before the website or to show the quote on the banner while on the website that would be awesome.
- (2017-09-30, v:2.6) Courtney Bolton: your website
i want to learn more about you and your company, but the website springinternational.com is down?? this makes me feel like you might be sketchy
- (2017-06-22, v:2.6) sam which: Alternating quotes?
It would be cool if you guys could add a feature where we can enter quotes which can be alternated for each block. Anyways great extension, it has helped me a lot :)
- (2017-06-17, v:2.6) navid alvee: always on feature
How can i make the app turn on when i startup the browser do i always have to manually turn it on ?
- (2017-04-09, v:2.6) Nadia Doutcheva: Not counting time appropriately
Hello! I use the timer in addition to the quote feature, but sometimes it says I have already reached my timer for the day even when I have not used the website at all that day. Very frustrating.