Chrome extension that visually merges the same event on multiple Google Calendars into one event.
When using Google Calendar™ you may have one event on multiple calendars. For instance on your work and personal calendar, on your work calendar and your team's shared calendar, or on many co-work's calendars. These can clutter up your calendar and make it hard to read. This extension merges all those separate events into one event, and gives it strips with all the individual calendars' colors. Report bugs here: https://github.com/imightbeamy/gcal-multical-event-merge/issues Code on github: https://github.com/imightbeamy/gcal-multical-event-merge Google Calendar™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2020-04-07) Madalyn Wilemon: Works pretty good - but leaves a blank space below the overlapping events on month view and my preferred 2-week view. Is there any solution to this?
- (2020-01-31) Michael Galvin: Very useful for seeing multi-participant entries without a mash of columns. Sharing this one around the office.
- (2020-01-14) 田村英明: 参加者が多いイベントは見づらかったのですが、この拡張機能のおかげでカレンダーがすっきりして見やすくなりました。
- (2019-12-11) Ian MacLeod: I cannot live without this extension.
- (2019-12-09) Addie GS: This is a super awesome extension, works on current GCal.
- (2019-08-27) Giulio Vivian: Nice idea, but if you have 3 events collapsed in one, you stil have 3 row (2 blank) in the calendar. (e.g: you got 3 events collapsed + 2 single events => you see: 1 multi-events-row, 2 blanks lines, 1 event and 1 event is missing becouse you can have only maximum 4 events displayed on calendar) Fix it for 5 stars :)
- (2019-08-21) Richard Burgess: Really like this extension - my gcal is much more bearable to look at now, I get all the information I need without going crosseyed.
- (2019-07-23) Katriel Friedman: A wonderful extension--makes my extremely crowded calendar with lots of shared meetings and team members' calendars vastly more readable. Also impressive is the ongoing active maintenance and improvement by Amy--I just noticed that she has added a feature so that duplicate tasks on the same calendar display with a slightly different color instead of disappearing, as they used to. Bravo!
- (2019-07-19) Jan Schattling: So awesome. I really hated to have the same event three or four times in my calendar. Thank's a lot.
- (2019-07-08) Mary Going: It works perfectly!
- (2019-05-28) Megan Swett: This is saving my sanity!
- (2019-05-02) Peter Elroy: Does exactly what I wanted it to do smoothly.
- (2019-04-07) Tim Graves: So much easier to view our multiple person calendars! Thank you for making it!
- (2019-04-04) Travis Oldham: One of the best apps both conceptually and in function that I have found. Thank you!
- (2019-03-28) This works great. Combines the duplicates and makes stripes on it. Actually looks cool and works great.
- (2019-03-24) Outstanding extension. Works just fine on my PC. Colours are what you set them at, so I don't understand the colour queries raised below. Also works just fine on the latest version I have installed (March 2019). If only I could now find a similar app for my android phone!
- (2019-02-13) Mark Freeman: This is a great enhancement to the way Google displays events on its own. There is an issue with it choosing which overlapping events are shown in front of others, making some descriptions difficult to read. (https://github.com/imightbeamy/gcal-multical-event-merge/issues/60#issuecomment-463261308)
- (2019-02-11) Really useful. Only bug I've noticed so far is if you remove a person from the calendar view any shared events they are in disappear, even if other people in your view are in the same event.
- (2019-01-23) Andreas Turanski: Really great! Only problem is the coloring scheme makes these entries DRAMATICALLY stand out (like my capitalization there did) when these events are no more important than other. Only thing that would make it better is to mute the colors from what they are or, better yet, instead of "candy striping" which is very visually jarring, just split the calendar bar into vertical segments, one for the color of each calendar that has it. This could/should be the new default and an extension option could give the candy stripe treatment if someone wanted it. Thus if the event was in 2 calendars, the left half would be one color and the right half another color, if in 3 calendars, the left third would be one color, the middle section another color, and the right third would be another color. This would be much less visually jarring.
- (2018-11-19) Jeanna Simons: I use several different calendars for scheduling staff activities and different groups at work (in a church). There's a lot of overlap with these groups, and having a single event show up multiple times was frustrating and space-consuming. Thanks, Amy, for this tool. It has made my calendar so much easier to manage!
- (2018-11-14) Very nice. But an issue: when sharing co-workers calendars, clicking on an event selects the organizer's event, and not the one from my calendar... Consequently, the event "going" confirmation won't answer for me, but for the organizer.
- (2018-10-11) Casandra Vuong: Very useful extension. Can't believe I didn't try looking for something like this before. There is just one bug right now where the events that are merged leave an open space / a new blank line on the day in a month view. If that could be fixed, that'd be 5 stars!
- (2018-07-13) George O'Quinn: Thank you so much for fixing this so it worked with the new Gcal! I love this extension!
- (2018-05-11) Brent Harsh: This multi-event problem in gcal was slowly driving me nuts and after several years I finally searched for a solution and found this in 30 seconds. Should have looked earlier! Now I'm off to look for the same thing for the android version of gcal...
- (2018-03-23) Richard Nixon: Fantastic tool for people who have to copy work events to private calendars to share their travel plans with family. Wish it were possible to have more control over colours though... high contrast stripes make it hard to read entries. Fix that for 5 stars.
- (2020-04-09, v:2.2.1) Heather Menconi: Multiple Calendars on one google account
I have 5 separate calendars on my account all of which I have shared with different departments, How do I get those calendars to sync to one calendar? ie: I have an office calendar (for office personnel), I have a Drivers calendar (for drivers), I have a maintenance calendar (for maintenance personnel) and lastly I have a yard calendar (for yard labor) How do I get all of those to sync to a different calendar "Vacation Calendar" so I can share that one calendar with the bosses so they don't have to look at all calendars?
- (2020-01-02, v:2.2.1) Daniel Marcolesco: New style update breaks behavior
It looks like Google Calendar has updated the styling again, the events are no longer merging.
- (2019-10-30, v:2.2.1) Daniel Haas: Merging events which should not be merged
I usually have no problem with this app. I have a recurring 30m meeting called "Meeting A" at 10:00 daily. It is on 2 calendars, and they merge fine. However, I just created a new meeting called "Meeting B", also 30m and at 10:00 on one day. This addon is merging it into the other event even though they do not share the same name.
- (2019-08-13, v:2.2.1) 101 Group Shan Jahanbin: merged permanently or delete duplicated events for all day events?
Same issue; with occupying space btwn merged full day events, also need to know is there any trick to save them merged permanently or delete duplicated events for all day events? thanks Extra blank space created by merged full day events I'm having the same issue a couple other folks have mentioned - when a full-day event is merged, 1 blank space appears beneath it x however many displayed calendars are merged (seems like it's taking up the space of all calendars involved) which causes the full-day drawer to get HUGE and is very annoying. Can provide screenshots if needed. Posted by Kathryn Perdue - 3 weeks ago
- (2019-08-07, v:2.2.1) Joseph Alves: Extra space in calendar after merging
Same issue as previous users; merging creates a space where the previous appt was. Is this intentional?
- (2019-08-06, v:2.2.1) Christopher Langmuir: Hello!
Hey, this seems to be working on one of my Google accounts, but not both? My co-worker got it to work on both Gsuite domains, but we're not sure what we're doing differently. Thanks!
- (2019-08-05, v:2.2.1) Lauren Burgess: Not Working
This extension is not doing what it says it will (e.g., merging similar/same calendar entries from different calendars). Not sure how to get it to work.
- (2019-07-23, v:2.2.1) Kathryn Perdue: Extra blank space created by merged full day events
I'm having the same issue a couple other folks have mentioned - when a full-day event is merged, 1 blank space appears beneath it x however many displayed calendars are merged (seems like it's taking up the space of all calendars involved) which causes the full-day drawer to get HUGE and is very annoying. Can provide screenshots if needed.
- (2019-07-17, v:2.2.1) Miranda Lepek: Blank space after merging
After merging there is blank space left where the multiple lines for the event used to be.
- (2019-07-08, v:2.2.1) Megan Atkinson: Monthly view
Events are merging in weekly and daily view, but not in the monthly view using the Toggle App on my chromebook
- (2019-07-05, v:2.2.1) Hermes Mariani: bug? merging full day events
when events are full day on more than one day and they merge, space should be occupied by one of them doesn't disappear and stay blank
- (2019-06-10, v:2.2.0) JEFFERSON DAVIS: Foreground/Background of event display
I have noticed that my calendar events sometimes are displayed behind others, at least in the WEEK view, and they do not display the full width of the day's column so they're very easy to miss. Is there anything I can do about that? I didn't see any settings pertaining to front/back ordering of objects.