Relieve stress with quick, routine deep breathing. Pauses your chrome session for a few minutes with a reminder to breathe
Few of us have time for yoga or meditation, and lots of us have stress. Breathe reminds you to do many simple and short deep breathing exercises throughout the day to keep you stress-free and healthy. Breathe temporarily pauses your current chrome tab with a reminder to breathe. You can customize each breathing session to be as short as one minute, with reminders how frequently (or infrequently) you may like. Breathe does not track your web activity. There are no ads, no cookies, and no login requirements. Just a simple app to keep you focused and calm throughout the day. NOTE: The permissions state that the app accesses your data on all sites. What this means is the extension has permission to overlay the reminder on any site you're on (http, https, etc). I'm far too lazy to write the code needed to steal your data :) Breathe is in beta and may have minor bugs. Please report any to the developer. Also, if you find it useful and wish to contribute to the developer, feel free to donate on the website :) UPDATE -- Version 1.1.1: Now with the option of shorter, more frequent breaths! For feedback, donations, and bug reports, please go to: breathe.site44.com
- (2021-04-27) Michelle Pavel: There is room for improvement, it comes up over the top of your current screen and if you are watching a video you cannot turn off the breathing reminder or the video so it keeps going in the background.
- (2020-11-19) william edwards: I love the idea of this extension and it's well done, but the feature for customizing length and frequency of rest isn't working for me so I'm stuck with the default settings which I happen not to like, if the devs fix this I'd change to 5 stars. I'm open to helping in any way I can, devs are free to contact me at this email.
- (2020-09-16) Amy Marshall: Can you PLEASE fix the spelling errors! They are painful! Otherwise, it is great!
- (2020-07-05) Charaiveti charaiveti: Appends on top of your page. Nice!
- (2019-07-05) Jaime Holyfield: Love it. Reminds me to breathe and I just add a couple of stretches while I breathe. I set this to come up every hour while I'm at work and even if I don't catch every notification, I get plenty of breathe/stretch breaks that way.
- (2018-10-31) JM Clavijo: Where is it? It doesn't work very well if you have more than 1 window or tab open. I have several and I'm not entirely sure how it's run. I've managed to see it a handful of times, but it's not consistent. I'll add more stars when this is fixed. Maybe opening up a separate tab and having the browser focus on that tab, or maybe a fullscreen pop-up option. It's nice but it doesn't work like it's description.
- (2018-04-25) Chantelle Shaw: Snooze feature is needed and a bell sound or something indicating it's starting.
- (2017-09-05) Mery Bumm: No se puede seleccionar el tiempo, hay un desplegable que no se despliega...
- (2017-04-13) English and Life: simple and effective for internet user
- (2017-03-26) Ayla Sileghem: Good, but a disable or pauze button would be nice.
- (2017-02-20) Kati Garringer-Maccabe: I want to love it. But it pops up w/o warning and you can't "snooze" it. It interrupts me when I'm doing timed games or working on something urgent at work. If it had a snooze function it would be awesome. When it ISN'T impeding me, it's very nice.
- (2016-12-14) Álvaro M: Not working.
- (2016-05-07) Lila Lewis: so annoying popped up right at the time i really did not want it to!
- (2014-08-16) Patricia Walters: Works well, BUT would be more useful to me if there was a bell or gong sound indicating it was time to use this when I am not at my computer.
- (2014-05-21) Andrew Jiang: Nice. Useful and calming.
- (2014-05-21) tranquil. calm. cures cancer. 5 stars
- (2014-05-21) Darshan Shankar: Seems useful. Noticeable improvement in my daily health after a few days of use.
- (2020-09-02, v:1.1.1) Brandon Bosch: Options not working
I can no longer access the "Options" to control breathe and it's set for a really long time. The options are grayed out on the toolbar in Chrome on my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan. Thank you!
- (2020-08-31, v:1.1.1) Rex Macey: breathe.site44.com does not exist
The descripton of the ap in the Chrome Web site, suggests going to breathe.site44.com. This does not exist. Where is it? Also, is there a recommendation for how long to inhale, hold and exhale?
- (2019-12-21, v:1.1.1) mohammad jan: English
it is a language. Which foul is it i hat
- (2019-01-09, v:1.1.1) my school blocked this
i am vvery sad because i cannot breathe and i like breathing so please tell me how to breathe without this extension
- (2018-05-12, v:1.1.1) Jeffrey Burke: remove
How do I remove it?
- (2017-11-06, v:1.1.1) Val Prudhomme: Where do I change the settings?
Where do I change the settings?
- (2016-06-17, v:1.1.1) Doesn't do anything
How do I get it to work? I've added it and set it to every 30 mins for 3 mins, but nothing ever happens, even if I leave it up and in focus...
- (2015-06-10, v:1.1.1) Cassy: site44
doesn't work. Do you have any other platforms available? iOS, Android?
- (2015-03-31, v:1.1.1) Langue
Bonjour je voudrais savoir si cela est possible d avoir cette application en Français Merci