Autosave, everywhere. Recover lost form input with ease!
- (2020-02-29) Yaakov A Sternberg: Can really be very helpful when it works, but it doesn't always save everything, so don't rely on it too much.
- (2020-02-29) Machel Reid: Saved my life
- (2020-02-22) Alex K.: It could be much worse It could be much better. No alternatives no reasons to improve for the developer as much as no reasons to claim for us.
- (2020-02-03) Jeffrey Johnson: Absolutely brilliant. Even works on content-editable boxes like Youtube comments, even if you have to go into the larger form recover dialog box and copy+paste rather than easily recovering into the field itself. It's so easy to lose in-progress comments on some websites like Youtube, and most other form recovery tools don't work there.
- (2020-01-31) Richard Lloyd: So far I love it.
- (2020-01-15) Misterhelmet Magazine: Finalmente ho trovato l'add on che mi risolve i problemi di ricompilazione... Funziona perfettamente
- (2019-11-15) Виктор Кочергин: Please add to context menu "Last 10 entries" with quick select and add to form last text.
- (2019-10-24) Mark O'Neill: Did not work with Salesforce at work - that was the only reason I installed it.
- (2019-10-03) dj osearth: Me and Typio Form Recovery and me are great friends we go way back. I highly recommend you too party with this extension to see for yourself!! ;]
- (2019-09-23) Alticoo: It doesnt work on Youtube
- (2019-07-16) Ванёк Титан: Сохраняет некоторые текстовые поля... Некоторые. Текст, который мне нужен был не сохранил. Бесполезная программа
- (2019-06-29) Ed Hasaba: This doesn't work for a form I had filled out before installing the extension, does it. Well I'll be using it from now on at least...
- (2019-06-22) William Lees: This is an amazingly useful tool for anyone that needs it. Just one thing... there doesn't seem to be any option to "nuke all data". The limit on the number of days text input is stored is great, but in the very rare case you want to clear out all backed up text input, there is no option to do so.
- (2019-06-09) Netgrafik Design: Please, version for Mozilla Firefox
- (2019-05-28) Tim Harman: This just saved my bacon after I accidentally closed a tab I'd written a whole bunch of text into. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Love it. Easy to use, doesn't get in the way, clear and simple to understand. What a great tool. Thank you again!
- (2019-05-25) ExpertOutfit: THE WORST EXTENSION EVER!!! YOU CLICK TO RECOVER YOUR TYPED TEXT AND NOTHING HAPPENS AND THEN AFTER YOU TYPE ABOUT 3 OR 4 MORE TIMES THE PREVIOUS TYPED CLIPS ERASE BECAUSE IT ONLY HOLD 3 THINGS THAT YOU PREVIOUSLY TYPED! A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EXTENSION!! F-------------
- (2019-05-21) Chris Vydas: My problem with Typio is it should only recover the field that currently has the focus and not all of the fields on the page, unless specified. Here's what I take issue with. Current implementation of recoverying input fields does not allow for manual changes because once you have typio recover the other fields, typio replaces your manual edits with the older recovery data entered and stored previously. Also, typio should allow for editing the saved data in the recovery dialogue manager with the ability to include or exclude other fields or delete only select entries while maintaining others.the extension is far too simplistic and usability suffers. Lazarus did all this perfectly. Why is it so difficult to find and adequate replacement, haven't we all waited long enough.
- (2019-04-25) Typio has saved my butt on multiple occasions (mostly because I'm an ADHD dumbass who often tries to copy-paste too many things at once before remembering there's a limit to these things...)! I wish it had a regular desktop application because I often switch back and forth from MS Word to internet with things I want to put both places, but I often forget and erase/delete things in either before remembering something I forgot, and then...the info is gone/not available, and I have to attempt to rewrite from scratch. It sucks! Hopefully someday! But for now, Typio is a godsend and JUST what I needed/was looking for! I love you, devs! You're the best!
- (2019-04-09) Michał Nowak: Absolutely useless and unreliable. Capable of recovering single words. Clap, clap. Nice job. Thank you (not).
- (2019-03-27) Christopher Doherty: Saved me quite a few times - simple data entries, short essays, comments online. My text has survived web page crashes, my own user errors, and internet connection drops. Very easy to use. I have it set to activate & offer to restore if I double click a text box, rather than having the watermark icon showing when you hover over a textbox. This was an easy toggle in the settings. You can set it to ignore password boxes and credit card numbers, and the site blacklist (my banking sites, etc) was also easy to set up. Very satisfied. I used (the ironically now-deceased) Lazarus for years and this is an improvement.
- (2019-03-24) Kyle Ferriter: Used to work really well and was absolutely helpful in cases when I accidentally closed a page or something crashed and I could recover inputted text. However recently it is very laggy to load the recovery list, and the popup history manager just doesn't work, as in I can't scroll through entries and can't search. Selecting an entry in the recovery list freezes up the tab for several seconds. Perhaps it isn't clearing out very old data and the database is getting too large, don't know how to check this.
- (2019-02-19) Aaron Pradhan: Absolute life-saver. Would have lost form data several times without it. Very easy to use -- just go back to a website if you accidentally reload, hit the back button, click a link, etc., and you can fill in the data just like you had it previously.
- (2019-02-11) Horizon Brave: As someone who does a lot of typing on Tumblr, Goodreads, reddit, and other sites that have usually lengthy text, I can't tell you have much of a safe feeling I have when I type now...too many times have I lost paragraphs of work if my computer crashes, or Chrome freezes up, or if I just accidently highlight everything and tap a key, erasing it all...There were many many times when I was half way through a nice long juicy review or blog post, and I lose the work, and it disheartens me so much that I just give up and don't bother retyping it... So yes... the comfy feeling of safety that this app gives you is almost a MUST have for all people who type a lot, any writers, editors, reviewers etc.. do you yourself a favorite... download...please. We all want to read what you have to say.
- (2019-02-02) John Bull: Excellent - saved me on many occasions, would not be without it.
- (2019-01-20) James Lopez: Doesn't save frequently enough. I just lost a half hour's worth of text and the most recent save I could go back to was one hour :-/
- (2020-03-26, v:2.3.4) John Nyiambayu: Accessing the things Typio saved from a website that changed its name.
So I was typing on a website and it changed its name right in the middle of me writing a paper. I was relying on typio to save me in case something happens, but I was not anticipating this. I am assuming that typio still saved the work I was doing just on a different domain/website name. I wanted to know if there was a way I could access everything that was saved on my laptop instead of just being able to access it when I am on the website.
- (2020-03-20, v:2.3.4) Emiliano Rangel: No me deja instalar esta extensión
mi computadora es de mi trabajo
- (2020-02-02, v:2.3.4) Tom Ceschini: lesson problems
lesson t and . lesson freezes , what can i do to fix this?
- (2020-01-31, v:2.3.4) Trumaine Odaranile: Sensitive information
Hello, I have used this extension multiple times, but one thing I would like to check, is does any of the information the extension uses get stored anywhere else other than on the local client? Only because I am worried if it chooses to store sensitive data in another location, or if the development team have access to this information. Thanks.
- (2020-01-23, v:2.3.4) Solar Energy: Hello
I love this chrome extension. I have a question. A website I frequented shutdown. I had posted some things there before they went offline. Is there a Typio database of stored entries saved somewhere on my local PC's HDD that I can open and view all the entries that are saved. Thanks, John
- (2020-01-10, v:2.3.4) Lee eee: Dropdown box info
Does Typio store drop-down box selection choices in a form? I've got a form with several drop down lists, drop down combos, and text boxes that i have to fill out and submit. Each time i submit, everything clears. I used to could hit BACK and it would all come back to what it was prior to submission, but now it does not. I'm hoping Typio will work, but other form recovery products i've tried don't hold the drop down selection choices. Thanks!
- (2019-11-29, v:2.3.4) Gregor Strehovec: goBack instead close tab
Hello. Kudos for an extension!!! Is it possible to implement an option for the link to go back to the previous page, instead of closing the tab? maybe this: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs#method-goBack
- (2019-11-19, v:2.3.4) dj osearth: DB Import/Export. Possible ability to empty DB (quick-nuke it)
Big fans, we just love Typio & the ext. thanks KINDLY for your hard work and the concerning support you provide as witnessed here;] It's been brought to a great point of development ! I think most agree with you that the next best feature set now is probably ability for imp/export of DB. That would further resolve risk of loss of entries or even worse full loss. We all start losing entries 1 year after installing the extension since the "days old" limit is '365'. Also does setting that limit to '0' mean NEVER EXPIRE as it should or NEVER SAVE because optimally 0=forever and -1=purge history, which is easy and has been requested. Combined with confirming - setting day limit to -1 could purge Typio db history (might require dis/re-enabling ext. or restarting browser) Thanks again! I'll email you this too.
- (2019-09-10, v:2.3.4) Buy RobotKits: Help?
Any chance I can restore something from before I installed the App if the Cache is still intact on Opera? Had a long html file on a WYSIWYG html editor that i accidentally reloaded :(
- (2019-09-02, v:2.3.4) Nick Craig-Wood: Bug report: Typio prevents login working on https://community.sharefilesupport.com
- (2019-08-06, v:2.3.4) Viperision: Doesn't save everything?
Used on web version of Discord (discordapp[dot]com), I don't expect it to save everything, almost to nothing really, but it apparently does for some, but always not for very rare ones I really needed. Anyway, I lost a huge text from a message that got deleted from a bot 'cos it contained a link (which I forgot that it does so unfortunately). I'd say it should save at least 3 last messages from those various chat platforms or something. Meanwhile, thanks for this thing!
- (2019-08-02, v:2.3.4) Judy Weintraub: what is typio ? i read the info but still have question
Does this work only in Chrome? i used to have various keystroke recorders over many years, the last one was Backtrack, they were installed on my computer and they saved all documents, both online and on my computer. i use a Mac OS. This is something different, right? it's a chrome extension? not sure what that means--does it mean it saves whatever i type using Chrome? i use Safari. When i click on 'add to chrome,' i get a warning message about how it can read and change all my data. What does that mean? will it change my data without my knowledge or choosing to do it? after BackTrack stopped functioning, i looked hard for a program that could provide that valuable support against losing an hour of tying to an unwanted you tube page reload, things like that. all i could find were things that had the purpose of monitoring people who use your computer. that's not what i need, i need something that saves a copy of whatever i type, in the form i type it, so i can restore docs that accidentally get deleted. which is what i used to have for years and couldn't believe it doesn't exist anymore. i'm not sure what Typio is--only records what's typed in Chrome? thanks
- (2019-06-08, v:2.3.3) Gaurang Tandon: Recent update posts lots of console messages
This is the console message I get everytime I type a keystroke: content.js:formatted:1 console.trace getValue @ content.js:formatted:1 (anonymous) @ content.js:formatted:1 i @ content.js:formatted:1 e.validate @ content.js:formatted:1 n @ content.js:formatted:1 (anonymous) @ content.js:formatted:1 e.trigger @ content.js:formatted:1 (anonymous) @ content.js:formatted:1 content.js:formatted:1 console.trace getValue @ content.js:formatted:1 terafm.Entry @ content.js:formatted:1 getEntry @ content.js:formatted:1 n @ content.js:formatted:1 (anonymous) @ content.js:formatted:1 e.trigger @ content.js:formatted:1 (anonymous) @ content.js:formatted:1 content.js:formatted:1 console.trace getValue @ content.js:formatted:1 isEmpty @ content.js:formatted:1 n @ content.js:formatted:1 (anonymous) @ content.js:formatted:1 e.trigger @ content.js:formatted:1 (anonymous) @ content.js:formatted:1 (I was typing in the stackoverflow answer box, if that matters). As a developer myself they distract me, and I hope you could provide an option to turn on/off debug mode :)
- (2019-06-02, v:2.3.3) BabyJenks1986: It doesn`t safe everything to recover it.
Hello, I was really happy to find Typio Form Recovery because Lazarus doesn`t work anymore, but at the moment I`m a little dissapointed. Am I doing it wrong? I just wrote a really huge text, hit the wrong button and everything was lost. I tried to recover the text and Typio didn`t safe it. This is not the first time, that it doesn`t work. I need this programm for saving texts instantly. Is there something I have to do so that it reminds everything? Thank you.
- (2019-06-01, v:2.3.3) G. V.: Site that changed URL
Hello there ! First thing first, thanks for your hardwork, I really enjoy using Typio. So, my problem is that one of the sites I'm using just got a new URL adress and Typio doesn't seem to "recognize" him anymore - meaning I can't access what was saved before the URL change. I tried using the old URL to see if my lost text was still available, but it automatically redirect to the new one. Is there any way to access storage and get back my text ? Thanks in advance !
- (2019-05-28, v:2.3.2) Gaurang Tandon: Not able to scroll inside the Form Recovery box, a bug?
Hi, please refer to this screenshot: https://i.paste.pics/ad52af875cd6a9b23f1453f8a0bf6c4f.png As you can see the scroll bar is hidden and I cannot scroll through my old form recovery data. I know there is more data below that because as soon as I delete one of the three listings, another one pops up from below. I checked the console and there are no errors.