Sticky Notes For Web Pages
Web Page Sticky Notes Offload your memory by appending notes: - to a specific website - to a specific page of that website - to a specific element of that page - to any web page matching a defined scope FRICTIONLESS - Click & Type CONTEXTUAL - Page specific instead of cluttered note board SIMPLE - Most tasks are 2 clicks away INTUITIVE - Shallow functionality, Symbolic icons, Tool tips to fill the gaps CLEAN - Crisp icons, clean borders, unassuming VERSATILE - Picture frame, Video embed, RSS feed and more... PORTABLE - Synchronize notes to Google Drive and access them on another computer SECURE - Exports/Backups/Syncs are encrypted ***FEATURES*** - Synchronize to Google Drive - Encryption - Add/Delete/Clone - Minimize/Maximize - Resize/Double click edges to resize/Autoresize - Background/Text/Border color + transparency - Change Font properties - Bring to top/Send to bottom - Export/Import - Scope (Global, Domain, Page, etc...) - Manage all notes - Settings to override defaults - Pin note to another note, to underlying page - Lock note - Load media - Take snapshot - RSS Feed - Plain text/Markdown/Text formatting - More... !!!Important!!! Several people mention the fact that the extension does not work. One reason might be that the page has not fully loaded. It only works when the progress circle completes and the icon of the page shows up on the tab. Several people mention the fact that the notes do not persist when re-accessing the same page. One reason might be that the same page might have a different URL when you try to access it again (i.e. differences in the URL after the ?). Kindly provide an example under the SUPPORT tab if you believe this is not the case. The extension will also not work on the 'New Tab', 'Extensions' or other chrome (non-web) pages.
- (2020-07-30) Robert Garber: Really useful for quick notes on pages. One issue iv'e found is that it won't let me stick a note to the chome store page.
- (2020-07-29) Tommy Kao: great extension! many thanks for your awesome work!
- (2020-07-10) Jonatan Narváez: Funciona perfecto.
- (2020-07-09) Eduard G: Вроде к отлично работало, но потом пропали все заметки, а щас вообще не работает Есть что подобное нужны параметры: привязка странице,сайту, окну, синхронизация
- (2020-04-08) Mabus: FINALLY found a sticky note that allows me to embed screenshots into it. And it doesn't stick to the exact page. I go to 'Manage Notes' and it shows it as being adhered to a specific page, but then it is on every page on that domain. Because I would be using this to post stickies all over that specific website, that bug makes it worthless to me. FINALLY found the one I wanted, and it's made useless by the fact that it won't adhere to specific pages. Putting a sticky on this page automatically puts it onto every page on robinhood.com. I've tried checking every single box in that list of data to tie it to. I've even unchecked the Host, and tried unchecking every other one by themselves. Nothing makes it work. https://robinhood.com/options/e75b2640-7a5e-40a8-a3df-c6fb5ec09d9b
- (2020-03-23) Mojtaba Vahdati: Sounds really compelling... but my laptop is 13 inch and when I open the settings, the font family selection is opened automatically which stands over the main settings window. So I have to move the settings window and do some hacks to close it! Also for the synchronization to the Google Drive, I have checked the "Yes" in the settings, but when I click on the cloud, nothing special happens. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
- (2020-03-18) Joakim: This app is extremely feature rich and is better than ALL other similar extensions I've tried. Due to the relatively low rating I tried many others first, but none come close to this one. I think the UI really needs some work, and I think it explains the bad rating. However, the initial effort to set it up and get used to it is definitely worth it. It's possible the UI problems are worse for me than most others since I use a 110% default zoom in Chrome, and this breaks many extensions.
- (2019-11-17) tktk wwa: the google say: This app isn't verified This app hasn't been verified by Google yet. Only proceed if you know and trust the developer. cause the authorize is sent to the developer's website, not the extension. what's more. this application impact the performance.
- (2019-10-18) Mike Souper: | have just moved to Google Chromebook and lost my previous yellow notes, with regret I opened WebPageStickyNote, and what a treat, this is marvellous. It also sticks to all my google docs too in fact there is nothing I have found where I cannot stick. Learning curve is gentle and I was up and going in no time. Congratulations to the guys who made it, loads of extras of which I would not have thought. Many thanks !!!!!!
- (2019-04-12) Emlyn O'Regan: Good app, thanks. It appears to be blocked by AdBlock (disabling for a site fixes this). It also doesn't work with SPAs.
- (2019-03-21) Denis Postu: The UI is very unpolished, has tiny buttons with barely any tooltips The sticky notes don't work well on SPAs The worst thing by far is the fact that it delays the load of any page by a lot. It injects the following scripts that need to be parsed and compiled: - jquery.js - jquery-ui.js - tinymce.min.js - raphael.js - mermaid.js - and a whole bunch of other scripts that delay the page load by ~1s
- (2019-02-23) Yi Lu: Is it possible to prevent the note from moving up or down on my browser tab alongside the mouse scroll? I mean I want to have it hover over the webpage's content in a fixed tab position even though the page itself is being pulled up and down.
- (2018-12-02) Fermin Gomez: Está bien, pero la sincronización (google drive) entre ordenadores no funciona. Es un desastre en ese sentido, por lo que no me vale.
- (2018-11-22) Emanuele la placa: grazie per la vs proposta,emanuele.
- (2018-09-09) Trina Lyn: All my extensions got wiped off chrome and it was driving me crazy not having this app. I had to search through a lot of other extensions that did the same thing, I even tried some of them, but none of them really solved my problem as good as this Web Page Sticky Notes did. Excellent work. Thanks!
- (2018-07-04) Robert Hyndes: Amazing amount of work and thought has gone into this extension. Almost limitless in how much you can tinker with it.
- (2018-07-02) Gersivan Oliveira: Tô apanhando pra aprender a usar, mas é exatamente o que eu procurava. Excelente!
- (2018-05-30) Josh Torrey: super helpful plugin! just thought how cool it would be to have a plugin that could take notes on your browsing timeline for things you want to come back to, and then found this super awesome plugin!!
- (2018-05-23) Dan Fjerstad: Great extension, much better than other sticky note extensions. Thanks very much to the developer! I've noticed a couple problems with navigation/interaction, to wit: - Entering the Manager, then clicking on a note to view it makes it so that there's no way to get the note off the page without going Back. - At width 321px, the Scope button disappears without an overflow menu. At 265px the Export button disappears. At 251px the Fullscreen button disappears. The More overflow menu finally appears at 237px and you can access those options once again. - Personally, I find the feature where a button gets bigger on hover to be distracting and not a desired behavior. All in all, great work, extremely useful extension with just about every option under the sun. Thanks again!!!
- (2018-05-12) Emil Elthammar: It doesn't work well with AJAX or dynamically loaded pages. You can work around it by manually reloading pages though. A bit of a hassle the app is still useful.
- (2018-03-21) JOÃO Neves: Ads are fine, but adding your affiliate link when visiting some websites is abusive.
- (2018-03-16) neun malelf: Very usefull. Implemention is feature rich and the design well thought. A function building for automated strings (macros) (e.g. insert date + counter like 2018-03-01_0001 when created or per hotkey etc.) would make it even more usefull. Well done. PS: german review at: http://www.computerbild.de/download/Web-Page-Sticky-Notes-fuer-Chrome-16031889.html
- (2018-02-07) Poppy Ann lynagh-smith: could not get it to work
- (2018-02-05) Rogerio M. Souza: Excelente! Obrigado WEBPageStickyNotes.com!
- (2020-07-23, v:3.0.39) Lar C: Something changed
I use to be able to modify some parameters e.g. change the attached web page from www.cnn.com to *.cnn* I upgraded my tablet, reinstalled your wonderful extension but that feature is no longer available. Cannot I get an older version perhaps?
- (2020-07-22, v:3.0.39) NW Social: Invisible notes
On one particular website the notes are invisible, was working earlier.
- (2020-06-16, v:3.0.39) Ludvík Cigna: Click to preview input in another note
Dobrý den, po otevření sticky notes na stránce a umístění kurzoru pro psaní se mi přes celou plochu otevře zelená plocha s šipkou a hláškou "Click to preview input in another note" a nemohu psát na žlutou plochu... Děkuji, LC
- (2020-04-09, v:3.0.39) Marc-Olivier Bergeron de Carufel: Can't change settings, when opening settings, getting an error
jquery.stickynotes.js:10805 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'drawImage' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': The image argument is a canvas element with a width or height of 0. at chrome-extension://alpjieidnmmkljnceakgpeajlngabnee/jquery.stickynotes.js:10805:9 at new Promise (<anonymous>) at Function.wpsn.cropToElement (chrome-extension://alpjieidnmmkljnceakgpeajlngabnee/jquery.stickynotes.js:10767:10) at Image.img.onload (chrome-extension://alpjieidnmmkljnceakgpeajlngabnee/jquery.stickynotes.js:10439:36) (anonymous) @ jquery.stickynotes.js:10805 wpsn.cropToElement @ jquery.stickynotes.js:10767 img.onload @ jquery.stickynotes.js:10439 async function (async) img.onload @ jquery.stickynotes.js:10439 load (async) (anonymous) @ jquery.stickynotes.js:10433
- (2020-03-25, v:3.0.39) Mojtaba Vahdati: Google says it's not been verified and thus not safe
Dear developers, I really appreciate all your efforts for this cool extension, but why not getting the required verifications from Google? Put these two messages together and think how the user should feel: 1_ "This app hasn't been verified by Google yet. Only proceed if you know and trust the developer." I proceed... and then I see: 2_ This will allow WebPageStickyNotes.com to: See, edit, create, and delete all of your Google Drive files. Not surprisingly this is a NO-NO for me and many other users... . I really need this extension and I hope you will consider having a look at this issue.
- (2020-03-21, v:3.0.39) Joakim: Not possible to select text after certain hotkeys
With this installed, it will no longer be possible to select text on webpages after using one of many hotkeys on that webpage. For instance, if I press ctrl+t to open a new tab, then go back to the original tab, then it will no longer be possible to select text on the original tab. Instead, dragging will create the outlines of a rectangle, shown here: https://i.imgur.com/dt1Gaa0.png. The problem disappears after disabling this extension.
- (2020-02-05, v:3.0.38) Drew C: Crashes Chrome
This extension is exactly what I'm looking for except when I install it, it instantly crashes chrome.
- (2020-01-22, v:3.0.38) Doug Noyce: Extension does not work
I installed the app, but when I click on it, it does nothing. When I right click and go to 'settings', it does nothing. I have been trying note apps for Chrome and looking for one where the note will stay WHERE I put it on the page. Based on your description, I thought this might be it, but instead, it does NOTHING! I have disabled all other note extensions, in case they would interfere with Web Page Sticky Notes, but instead, it still does NOTHING! What exactly do I have to do to make this ext. work?
- (2019-11-01, v:3.0.38) NW Social: Fields
Is there any way I can remove fields I do not need in bulk? thanks
- (2019-10-18, v:3.0.38) Mike Souper: Best ever note app
Hi I have been using app for one day and found it wonderful, but an email from Google upset me, they said, "Some apps or services that you allowed to access your Google Account have not been verified by Google. Since they have extensive access to your personal information, you should remove their access unless you trust them." Would you like to comment, for the time being I am leaving it as it is, it is too good to remove.
- (2019-09-27, v:3.0.35) Ashley Gittins: Pin note to href element
Fantastic plugin! My use case is that I'm browsing a list of search results (rental properties) and I want to attach notes to each search result item (eg: "not available until Dec", "small bedroom" etc). I could do this by specifying an XPATH to each anchor tag, based on it's href property, but this is a lot of manual work for each note. Is there a quicker/easier way to do this? Alternatively, it would be great if I could create the note on the actual item page (eg, at https://site.com/properties/rentalid1234ABCD.html) and then when viewing a list of results (say, at https://site.com/search?location=nearme) it would display the note for each result item based on its url, pinned to the relevant <a> tag. I'd expect this would be useful on any site that has fairly clean url's where a user repeatedly has to search for items and has trouble remembering the details of each one. Perhaps this could be a setting to "show notes for linked pages" or similar (although I could see that getting messy for some people, perhaps they could default to minimized).
- (2019-09-23, v:3.0.32) Igor Solodovnikov: CPU time issue on Chrome 77.0.3865.90
After upgrading Chrome to 77.0.3865.90 it seems when I have WPSN extension enabled my Chrome consumes near 100% of CPU time. Please check it. And thanks for the great extension!
- (2019-06-20, v:3.0.21) Sam Richardson: Share notes on local network
Hello, I am part of a support team at work and we are interested in the possibility of sharking notes across our team on a per page basis. Is it possible to redirect the database of notes to a shared network location? If there is another preferred method of syncing across multi user without the use of google drive accounts we would be interested. Regards, Sam
- (2019-06-05, v:3.0.21) Lazar Gantman: Size of the notes
Hi Erik, Great application, but I can't find the way to specify exect dimensions for the notes. I am using notes for tables and I would like them to fit the size of the rows and columns. Sincerely, LG
- (2019-05-26, v:3.0.21) Rik Smithies: API to create notes
hi, is there any plan - or is it already possible - to allow the notes to be created from outside the application. Either by an API, or by directly writing to the notes data files? I would like to have a set of notes in a file of my own, and then add all those notes to web pages using software. Thanks for reading this, and for the plugin! cheers Rik
- (2019-05-19, v:3.0.21) NW Social: Problems with extensions
Having problems with a few extensions on one browser. Have uninstalled and reinstalled so it now works but cannot import.
- (2019-05-18, v:3.0.21) Nikt Ważny: Sync
Can you add a button that syncs ALL notes? The current one synchronizes only notes on a specific subpage (on my website each sub-page has a unique hash, such as "https://example.com#1234", and notes are assigned on this basis). I would like synchronization to work globally, and not just for a specific hash. Example problem: I am on example.com#123 in browser #1 and I add a note, I export notes to Google Drive, now I go to browser #2, I'm on example.com#321, run synchronization and the note does not appear. In order for the note to appear on both browsers I need to synchronize from exactly the same url.
- (2019-04-24, v:3.0.20) C D.: Does this work on HTML files local to a PC?
When I try to add a note to a web page that is opened from a local html file it does not seem to work. Is this supported or a setting I am missing?