Preview documents, videos, music, and more with a mouse hover.
Peek is a browser extension that lets you preview dozens of types of documents before you download them. Just hover over a file's link, and Peek will display an interactive preview of the file instantly. Peek can create previews for the following file formats: * PDF, TXT, RTF documents * Word Documents (.doc, .docx) * Excel Documents (.xls, .xlsx) * PowerPoint Presentations (.ppt, .pptx) * WebM, MP4, GIFV, and OGG/OGV Video * MP3 and WAV Audio * JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG, PNG, APNG, ICO, and BMP images Peek can also show documents hosted on Google Docs and Apple iCloud. However, iCloud support is limited to Keynote files, as Apple doesn't allow other documents to be embedded. Peek is open source under the GPL license. The code is available here: https://github.com/corbindavenport/peek
- (2019-11-16) 黒坂文武: Useful tool! Looking forward to an option for preview size.
- (2019-03-26) Santiago Galán: Very usefull!
- (2019-01-11) mojtaba vahdati: Very interesting idea, but it works for none of the YouTube videos neither from inside YouTube nor from the Google video search page (Google.com/Videos) results which is a real drawback. But I gave 5 stars because I really love the extension purpose and because it's open sourced. Great job Mr Daven Port.
- (2017-05-21) Anton Klim: A very useful extension for all those docs you'd rather preview before downloading. Some minor issues, still worth using.
- (2017-05-02) I discovered this extension thanks to Corbin's Android Police post, and it's really helpful.
- (2016-09-15) Donavon Lasseter: Worked for about half a second. Chrome freezes when in use. Have to restart my computer.
- (2016-01-08) Hannah Katagi: Great extension! This should get more exposure!
- (2015-12-08) Matthew K: Really neat idea. Can be a little intrusive (pops up quick and often), so an option to only pop up when holding a hotkey would be ideal.
- (2019-08-11, v:3.0) Faizi Crofts: Add Hot Key option, also add preview web page option
Add a Hotkey option. Additionally, add an option to preview not just docs but web pages. (helps me decide if I want to proceed). 1st: hotkey: my preference and I think that of many of your users - is that we be able to use the extension only when invoked via hotkey so that the normal function of web documents doesn't change. This is a way to add a feature without breaking intentionality of page developers. 2nd: preview web page - For some of us it would be a real boon to be able to "peek" at a page before visiting it. If you DID add this, perhaps it's best to leave it "off" by default for those who just want to peek at media and such with this extension but it would be a really great feature. I think there are probably web browsers out there that do this natively but I am not sure (vague and uncertain memory about that). If you implement at least the first feature request I hope I find out about it because I will install the extension. :)
- (2018-03-07, v:2.2) cant preview
peek cannot preview this link because it is served over an insecure connection
- (2016-02-02, v:1.1) Увеличте размер всплывающего окна
Сделайте настраеваемый размер всплывающего окна