Adds a context menu item to send PDF links directly to a PDF viewer like Adobe Acrobat Reader
"Open in PDF viewer" extension opens PDF files directly in your default PDF viewer application. To use the extension, right-click on a PDF link and select "Open in PDF viewer" item. The extension downloads the PDF file in your default downloads directory and then executes external command to open the downloaded file with your default PDF viewer like Adobe Acrobat Reader or FoxIt PDF reader. Note that to execute OS level command, you need to install a native client. Native client installation guide appears on first usage. For more info and bug reports please use http://add0n.com/open-in.html?from=pdf In the FAQs page you can find all my "open in" extensions. Change Logs: 0.1.1: It is now possible to define left-click open in default PDF reader from the options page. If this mode is enabled, the extension blocks the default action when a link with the PDF mime type is the target. 0.1.2: It is possible to ask the extension to send the PDF URL to the external executable. Make sure your PDF Reader can open remote URLs before enabling this option
- (2020-12-15) nocturnal digitalist: Doesnt work in latest version of chromium browsers like edge, kinza, cent, opera, vivaldi and others. Also it doesnt take as pdf links from sites or searches to view them directly into the browser without or before download. I hope the developer works on this. Also I would dev to make a better way of contacting for users who have bugs or issues or suggestions as I am having issues with user agent extension also as some sites fail to see the user agent set and see the default one. Thanks.
- (2020-09-18) Saeed Daneshi: works well , but should insert this character ( " ) in first and end of pdf reader program address path in extension option otherwise OS doesn't recognize program path.
- (2020-02-07) josef lahmer: does not work for files in microsoft - teams. ;-( => query string parameters ....) should cut off all query string params after ? https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/site/Freigegebene%20Dokumente/channel/file.pdf?CT=1581076121877&OR=ItemsView
- (2020-01-12) วัชรพงษ์ กุลสุวรรณ์: ดี
- (2019-11-27) Alphoncio Edouard: good
- (2019-09-23) Ismail Mohammed: pls add a HAND TOOL to automatically show up when we hover upon the PDF within Chrome
- (2018-08-14) Lucas Alan Ramirez: no sirve
- (2018-07-09) Abrar Alamgir: Thanks
- (2018-06-06) moriya mix videos: wow
- (2018-03-16) Clive Wraight: dose not seem to work
- (2017-12-22) Peter Brixey: It does not work in latest Chrome release, still wants to save the file
- (2017-09-05) Solves a weakness in Chrome. Works seamlessly.