Create vocabulary flashcards of words you discover while reading or surfing the web.
Cabulary allows you to create vocabulary flashcards of words you encounter while surfing the web. Just highlight any word on the page, right click and add it to your deck. Review them at anytime from the plugin. Cabulary even keeps track of the pages where the words were plucked from. Getting a better Vocabulary has never been easier.
- (2021-02-09) V P: With this it is easy to save words from websites for later practice. It gives glossary of the word. What there could be also: - Quick and easy way to select picture for word. For example app should return 20 pictures from google image search. Often there is something that can be used for creating more visual (and more effective to memorise) flashcard. With that in mind, there could be also very very simple paint tools because often those google images could use something extra, for example white boxing the word mentioned in the picture (because you dont want to see that in wrong page of flashcard). - Spaced repeitition system, so that app recommends you (notification) to practice words after some time that is good for you. Time algorithm modifies to feedback. When you add these services, I could rate 5 star.
- (2020-09-08) ns 77: its very useful..given 4 stars.. i wud have rated it 5 if it had an audio
- (2020-03-01) Buğra Özkan: 10 mins after I installed it stopped working. Restarted Chrome and the extension, but it is still not adding the words.
- (2019-03-14) I do not see the option: popup (does not work), no export to any file (eg Anki), no automatic translation. At the moment, the application is not very good compared to others.
- (2018-12-04) SugawithTae andKookie: Why I can't add Korean words in it. It was the only reason I wanted a extension like this to save Korean words as I learn along.
- (2018-05-02) Deadpool: I'm looking for a print option
- (2018-03-17) HoàngVi T: It is very cool tool and super helpful! But I can't add from a right click... I have to type the word in. Thank you!
- (2018-01-12) Tayfun Yaşar: love it.
- (2017-10-08) George Marian: Meh. I'm quite disappointed by the flash card extensions available and this is no exception. This is way too simplistic. Not that a flash card extension/app needs to be complicated. However, how do I create my own flash cards? Why do I do have to deal w/ overly simplistic definitions created by someone else? It links to Google's definitions, but I don't have the option of using those definitions. This extension will likely have a short lifespan in my browser.
- (2017-08-17) Rachael Bath: It would be even better if you could add phrases such as "time management" as it makes more sense than the individual words
- (2017-08-07) DIV Brandon: Such a great tool when expanding ones vocabulary, such a useful tool. I would love it if you guys made accounts for the tool so that I can see the words I saved across other platforms!
- (2017-06-24) J P: excellent tool to build your vocabulary especially if you read a lot online this is a must have extension on your computer. super convenient!
- (2017-03-30) Broken. Popup window shows nothing.
- (2017-02-27) Tiago Zeitoune: Light and easy to use. It looks like the updated extension took care of some ambiguity as to how to add words to your Cabulary.
- (2017-02-24) Kevin Leung: Didn't work: After installing, highlighted a word on a webpage, right click to add flashcard. a small pop up appears with the red Add Flash Card button. Clicking on the red button doesn't do anything.
- (2017-01-25) Ray Mendoza: Didn't work.
- (2015-08-25) Praveen Kumar Makineni: its very usefull to increase vocabulary.
- (2015-06-28) Tom X Nguyen: It's absolutely wonderful for noting down peculiar words with a familiar style. The only pet peeve I have of it is wanting it to sync across browsers.
- (2015-01-01) Seema Sinha: Very useful and user friendly. I applaud the creator for such an interesting idea....helps learn the meaning and also elaborates your English grammar....love it and using it.
- (2014-12-14) Sanskriti Mishra: Very useful extension. The fact that it saves the words you have looked up for later reference is even better. Helps me add to my vocabulary. Thanks for creating this.
- (2019-04-14, v:1.6.0) Anand kumar: App and sync
Hi, Does this extension has apps associated with it which syncs this to mobile for later review. This will add lots to productivity ! Thanks.
- (2018-07-10, v:1.6.0) NARESH D: Vocabulary print option
How to print all saved vocabulary?
- (2018-02-13, v:1.5.1) Nina Stel: Two computers same flashcrads?
So, I'm using two different computers and was wondering if there's a chance to synchronize my already existing flashcards with those on my other computer. I'm using same google accounts but they won't synchronize on their own?
- (2017-09-15, v:1.5.0) Ansel Dow: Click mapping
Most of the buttons on the dropdown Cabulary box don't work for me. To "Add Word" I have to click below the "Add Word" Box. I can't find where to click to remove a flashcard (clicking the X does nothing). Clicking the Link button also does nothing.
- (2017-03-30, v:1.4.3) Broken
The popup window when selecting a word, shows nothing.
- (2017-02-21, v:1.4.2) 蔡念光: It is not working for me.
I can select a word in any webpage, right click it and select "add something to Cabulary". It is fine. But if I click "Add FlashCard" button in the following popup window, nothing happened. And there is always "No flash card yet...." for me if I click the Cabulary button besides the address bar. Hope the above information help you.
- (2016-12-15, v:1.4.2) browser history
- (2016-10-05, v:1.3) Missing definitions
Cabulary was working perfectly for me until I went to share it with co-workers! Now, it will allow me to create one card, but when I try to create a second card it asks me to pick a definition, but no definitions show up. I have to restart Chrome each time.
- (2015-10-13, v:1.1) Amy Hodge _ Staff - RolesvilleHS: French
Does it work for French pages?
- (2015-05-11, v:1.1) Tom X Nguyen: Ostensible
Has a very different meaning in the extension than the page it was taken from (along with Google Dictionary).