Tabs List & Bookmarks Sidebar ================== Tidy Sidebar development stopped. There are more bad people than there are good. Bye! ================== ==========sidebar========== Olo graph >The sidebar should be docked. >I'm a senior analyst programmer. You don't know that? programmer? https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/3a80ea33a37398a081455f4ae8b70572c7bc80e8 https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=51084 ============================= Search bookmarks by tag Address bar by typing "* " (asterisk-space) --------------- Shortcut keys --------------- Sidebar on/off Alt+A ----Change keyboard shortcut keys--- Just open the extensions page scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Configure commands". --------------- Bookmark tags --------------- After you bookmark a page, you have the option of adding "tags" to the bookmark. These tags are used to help better categorize bookmarks so you can find them when searching. The Tags field lets you enter a list of tags you want associated with the new bookmark. When using more than one tag, use a comma to separate them. (e.g. music,jazz,guitar) context menu -> edit -> bookmark tags Address bar by typing "* " (asterisk-space) ********* ATTENTION ********* MAX_WRITE_OPERATIONS_PER_HOUR ( 100 ) http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/bookmarks.html#property-MAX_WRITE_OPERATIONS_PER_HOUR
- (2021-05-03) Ita Legslover: Maybe 5... i think there is a bug with Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (32-bit) on th size bar. If you set Width more 300px, others tab fit size in windows but bookmarks bar is permanent to 300px. if you correct bug, i change my review to 5 stars because is very simply ed efficient extension.
- (2020-03-11) John Noceda: It would have been great, but the sidebar does not stop from flickering. Using Chrome on Ubuntu.
- (2020-03-02) AWAKER: Near perfect !! i false so many slob vertical tabs extension lost easy function like.. lost focus tabs, cannot detach, middle click close, cannot size, lost position but now this extension can do everything good job!!
- (2019-12-04) pamk mgvq: Does not work properly on a 4K screen, horizontal distribution has to be corrected after every start.
- (2019-07-02) Michal: bookmark has a bug, jumping, blinking and resizeing 1px per sec to left side.
- (2019-06-02) Edo Amin: Not perfect, but the best (and probably only) solution to a customizable memo sidebar for Chrome. Too bad development has stopped.
- (2019-03-24) John Doe: Exactly what I was missing!
- (2019-01-22) William Barath: It used to work, with some window layout glitches. ie it would eat 10% of the width off the window each time you opened it. As of Chromium 71 it has stopped working. Bookmarks don't open any more, but it still handily eats the browser width. ;-)
- (2019-01-08) Simple !! Good ~~ !!!
- (2019-01-01) Hen Cholocho: Probé todas las extensiones especialmente para mis Marcadores, Y esta extensión es imprescindible para mis Marcadores, ademas que tiene otras opciones como ver lista de las pestañas, historial, block de notas, etc. Y tambien permite buscar directamente desde la barra de direcciones de Chrome, así como cambiar color de fondo, color de texto, tamaño de texto, etc, muy personalizable.
- (2018-11-25) John Blackledge: I tried them all. Other sidebars wouldn't even let me drag url's into folders, so what's the use? Tidy Sidebar worked best of all. I tried to duplicate the criticisms on this page, but couldn't duplicate any (Windows 7 running Chrome). - Especially the minimize criticism, but no; Tidy minimizes/maximizes along with Chrome just perfectly. The only problem I had was with a program that I wrote myself, that constrains windows to within the screen edges. This caused Tidy to flicker a little, but I just added Tidy into my list of 'Exceptions' and all was well. This info I add as a warning to people who may be using other third party toolbars, or Windows desktop extensions. - You may be seeing problems that are nothing to do with Tidy. Well done and thank you to this developer for providing what Google couldn't be bothered to provide.
- (2018-06-25) It will not allow fullscreen. I need this option at times because of so many dipsticks putting massive title bars top and bottom on their websites.
- (2018-04-24) Jericho Burns: schrott gesehen - gelöscht
- (2018-02-26) Julius Martinez: Something got broken in recent update. Bookmarks bar now keeps shifting to the left until it's off the screen and unusable. The previous versions didn't do this.
- (2018-02-20) Zak Oz: This works very well and looks good on my Chromebook.
- (2018-02-02) Daniel Smurthwaite: It works but it still misses the organization that I had for my bookmarks before
- (2017-11-10) presqu'aussi pratique que firefox mais un peu instable
- (2017-10-30) Dan: Nice small bookmarking tool. Very useful if you have many bookmarks.
- (2017-09-15) Steve Barker: Simply doesn't work. Why is it so hard to create a sidebar bookmark addon for Chrome? Sticking with Firefox.....
- (2017-09-03) Mark Voss: It works - OK, there are a few little niggles, but it's far better than having no sidebar at all. Thanks to the developer.
- (2017-09-01) John Rattz: It's a sidebar that does its job well as far as I can tell. Good job!
- (2017-08-28) Dan Moorehead — PowerSheet.ai: [Critical] Covers Up Browser w/ Auto Start, even w/ Docked Off, Docking to Wrong Window (other Sidebar) & Resizing over Browser. Still Docks with Dock off. 1) Even with Docked off, still resizes the Browser window and tries to dock with it (messing everything up, as detailed below) but just doesn't move with window after that. 2) It also messes up other panel windows like Tabs Outliner, and **tries to dock to Tabs Outliner sidebar, resizing that sidebar to almost entire screen, and covering up the browser** 3) Please just have it remember last window position - at least when Docked is off - so that I can for example, have it always start out on my second screen if I last positioned there, and so can workaround the **CRTICAL** bugs described above 4) Sometimes Options edits like disabling Docked don't get persisted (though above issues occur even when are persisted)5) Recently Closed Tabs doesn't refresh. Have to switch to another Tidy Sidebar tab (eg. Bookmarks) and then back again to see them. 6) Please always show Recently Closed Tabs, so don't have to click on History and then have it show up in tab bar to click on it. 7) Its extremely confusing how some "sidebar tab / toolbar buttons" like Recently Closed Tabs only show up based on last clicked on tab (eg. History). Either have them be in toolbar under the main one, or at least have a separate toolbar button group and different colors for them. It especially bad with how all toolbar buttons are same color and look alike.
- (2017-08-13) Mark Jensen: It continually "throbbed" as it slowly expanded until the bookmarks moved off the left side of my monitor; absolutely useless.
- (2017-07-08) Robert Pacios Blanco: Por fin una barra lateral como la de Firefox
- (2017-05-04) Dave Kay: Prefect thanks!
- (2017-05-02) V. Behrens: Das Beste was es gibt! Vielen Dank an die Realisierer!
- (2017-04-22) 大蜘蛛: looks like the opera style,i have been looking for this so long
- (2017-03-19) E. Lepage: It's may not be perfect but at least, it's BETTER than not having a sidebar. Thank you to the developer!!!
- (2017-03-15) Peter Beer: Für mich sehr hilfreich!
- (2020-04-28, v:5.2) David Horowitz: Steals cursor focus when docked
I have version 5.2 on Chrome Version 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) When I dock the sidebar, it steals focus from the main browser window; for instabnce, when I am trying to input data on forms.
- (2019-07-13, v:5.2) c C: Dark Mode for TabList and fixed size for autostart?
Hi there, I'm using Tidy Sidebar for scrolling through all opened tabs in fullmode. I fixed Tidy Sidebar on a second screen DeskPins. So I would love to have a own coloured modification similar to the bookmark modification and a fixed size feature for having the tidy sidebar window tiny. screenshot dark mode: https://s18.directupload.net/images/190713/n7ljmxof.jpg screenshot fixed size: https://s18.directupload.net/images/190713/3heb7tsm.jpg
- (2018-12-05, v:5.2) Speir Mor: Main window does not work while using sidebar? I'm using a MacBook
When sidebar is open my cursor wont work nor can I click on anything on the main screen ?
- (2018-10-25, v:5.2) How do I transfer my bookmarks?
Hello Developer. I love Tidy Sidebar! I had it both on my personal laptop and my office computer. But the hard drive on my office machine just fried.....stone cold dead. So I want to export my bookmarks from the laptop to the desktop. Is that possible? Cannot find anything about it online. Thanks. Joel Karr [email protected]
- (2018-05-23, v:5.2) Ryan Reedy: purchase tidy sidebar
I have looked at almost all viable chrome tab & session managers in the chrome store, and tidy sidebar has the best structure + features in my opinion. Are you interested in selling the rights, and providing dev services?
- (2018-05-09, v:5.2) Lair Block: history start
I just want my sidebar to show history upon startup and want the sidebar to be there every time I open chrome. I've had this with FIrefox, but am switching to Chrome. Possible with settings?
- (2018-02-26, v:5.2) Julius Martinez: Bookmark bar broken in recent update
After opening it keeps shifting to the left until the bookmarks are no longer visible.
- (2018-01-13, v:5.2) Deanna Dudney: css question?
Hi, I love Tidy Sidebar? Was just wondering if there was any way to edit just slightly so as to close the gap between tidy sidebar and main chrome window? Looks like a 15 or 20 pixel gap between the two. I looked around in the css files but could not figure out what was controlling it. Thanks for an awesome app!
- (2017-12-10, v:5.2) Max Rempel: Drop doesn't work
Either from bookmark bar or from address bar drop of the bookmark to the side bar doesn't work.
- (2017-10-18, v:5.2) Selection highlight
By the way, I would be willing to make a donation to encourage you to add the persistent selection highlight feature I mentioned below. If that would be of help or provide you incentive, please advise. Also, another suggestion would be to allow editing of bookmark entry items via the F2 function key.. quicker thank a right click and pick from list. Your extension is really useful. I hope you are open to continuing its development. Thanks again for a great enhancement to Chrome. I wish it were a built-in option like Firefox.
- (2017-10-17, v:5.2) Selection highlight
I like the recent changes you have made to the extension. Thanks for a great tool. Is there any way for you to have the highlight persist in tidy sidebar after selection and when moving the pointer to the main window.. similar to how it works in Firefox? I know there are limitations in Chrome. If not a persistent highlight.. an underline.. or a checkbox.. something to make it easier to know what was last clicked in Tidy Sidebar? A persistent highlight would be best, it that is possible to program. Thanks again for this fine extension.