Access bookmarks via popup menu. Display bookmark tree side by side. No ads, no spyware. Search bookmarks by tag Address bar by typing "* " (asterisk-space) --------------- Shortcut keys --------------- Add Current Page Alt+A Bookmark All Tabs Alt+S "Ctrl+D"? commands API not working. ----Change keyboard shortcut keys--- Just open the extensions page scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Configure commands". --------------- Bookmark tags --------------- After you bookmark a page, you have the option of adding "tags" to the bookmark. These tags are used to help better categorize bookmarks so you can find them when searching. The Tags field lets you enter a list of tags you want associated with the new bookmark. When using more than one tag, use a comma to separate them. (e.g. music,jazz,guitar) context menu -> edit -> bookmark tags Address bar by typing "* " (asterisk-space) ********* ATTENTION ********* MAX_WRITE_OPERATIONS_PER_HOUR ( 100 ) http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/bookmarks.html#property-MAX_WRITE_OPERATIONS_PER_HOUR ************************* Normal-------------- Bookmarks Pop-up Persistence : true Search bookmarks from the address bar Bookmark tags Shortcut keys Lite-------------- Bookmarks Pop-up Lite version is loaded only when it's needed https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tidy-bookmarks-lite/daojfgjlldndcjaidckepeokebmioobl
- (2022-07-04) Sajjad1377 Irani: عالی بود
- (2022-06-29) Yuki: Super extension, very fast and comfortable bookmarks without even opening other tab. Simply the best. But would be great to move button 'edit' a bit away from button 'delete' xD
- (2022-02-23) Alan Roberts: So far the best bookamark button. I've tried about a dozen of them and all the others had one or more minor qwerks that made me remove them. This one is responsive, has right click context menu, and custom height/width. The only wish I had for this is an option to change icon to a custom uploaded image. Neater Bookmarks had this feature.
- (2021-08-06) Danny Wilfong: Update August 6th, 2021 - Tidy Bookmarks is awesome, comfortable, and customizable. I've tried a dozen other bookmark managers awhile back, but this has been functioning so well I didn't realize so many months had passed. It needed some adjustments in the settings they provide - I chose the size and the speed of the menus, as well as the color combinations, and SWEET. It became refreshingly smooth and fun to use. A few notes: One thing lacking is being able to drag-drop a link down through multiple levels of folders. You can only put it into what you see—holding the mouse over a folder won't prod it to open up and let you in. :( There is an easy work-around to that, though: cut/paste the bookmark wherever you want. It's also very nice to right click in any folder and 'add page' you're presently viewing. Yes it needs a Custom sort, which remembers the way things were before the following: sort by title, date added, etc. It would be nice to have a URL-checker that could collect and request to delete dead URLs. Duplicates too, on that subject. But neither of those have been all that important to my routine. A strange, harmless thing happens if you use your Bookmarks Bar: Open the Tidy Bookmarks interface main level (you can see the Bookmarks Bar folder) and sort by Title - it will disappear completely! It shows back up once you close and open the bookmarks window again though. :) The interface feels odd at first, with the back-and-forth, left-and-right folder windows opening, but it's actually very practical and intuitive. If it didn't work that way, with a handful of nested folders you'd have Tidy Bookmark's interface filling your screen and blinding you with untidy windows. That's all I have for now. Man I really spend too much time on these reviews, but I hope the dev can benefit and all of you can understand that this is a sweet bookmarks tool with quite a unique personality. :)
- (2021-07-21) Adriano: Fast AF, beautiful, search field. It only lacks copying bookmarks (there's only cut for whatever reason)
- (2021-01-25) Master X: good
- (2021-01-22) Bryan Su: Good bookmark, but missing few important feature - search field - open all the url under the sub-folder (even few level nested deep down)
- (2020-12-03) Ian Patterson: Very fast, very functional. It's not very pretty, but you can customize some of the colors, so there's that.
- (2020-11-18) Kevin Char: Tried few of the extentions for bookmark in Chrome. By far the best.
- (2020-07-29) Memori Sayonara: 非常喜欢的UI和功能
- (2020-04-12) Waleed Amer: Simple, easy and organized
- (2020-04-11) Mohammed Shamllakh: Most helpful orgnizing add
- (2020-03-18) Fernando Medina: Estoy muy contento con este plugin. La organización en carpetas no siempre es facil pues un link puede permanecer a muchas carpetas, así que lo mejor es no tener carpetas, dar un nombre significativo al link y usar este estupenda extensión. Bravo.
- (2020-03-11) Sherwin Yong: 非常喜欢，但是建议将重命名和删除分开不同位置，刚刚因为误删了一整个文件夹的书签而苦恼不已。 I like it very much, but it‘s recommended to keep the rename and delete button farther apart. I was just annoyed by accidentally deleting an entire folder bookmarks.
- (2020-03-01) 張益誠: 更新CHROME後，TIDY書籤工具就無法更改狀態，Left click改成 New Tab，關掉瀏覽器後，選項又變回Current Tab，重新安裝也一樣，似乎無解。
- (2020-02-14) -: I added Sober dark green theme to Chrome and Brave browsers. I was trying different Bookmark extensions and this one is my favorite for a few reasons. 1) I love that the window and text colors can be customized. I was able to match the window and text colors to the Sober theme and they look amazing together, like a package deal. 2) Folders and subfolders can be opened by simply moving the mouse pointer over each folder, no more clicking to open/close folders! 3) Many other customization's to fine tune the user experience. One suggestion for improvement. The RBG sliders to customize the window and text color is tricky to learn how to use. After much experimenting I could not figure out how to make gray for the window. Finally, I had the idea to web search for RBG color sliders and found a website that said to move all sliders to white and move the sliders evenly back the other direction to make gray. Once I did this and fine tuned the sliders for the exact shade of gray it was so easy. To make the color selection easier please consider changing the RBG sliders to a color wheel or square field so a color can easily be clicked and seen. Or add one Hex color box for each group of sliders. A person could do a web search for Hex color codes and simply type/paste the color code they want in the Hex box. Thanks for a great extension that is easy to use.
- (2019-09-27) Greed Fma: Great extension! Heres a tip: After a while it started to get sluggish when clicking the icon open for the great amount of bookmarks i have (over 14k), but i found the solution, instead of adding the bookmarks to the default "other bookmarks" folder i moved everything on a newly created folder and its back to being snappy.
- (2019-09-23) 冰霂: This is the best bookmark extension for me currently. Especially the "path" displayed above can help me quickly return to higher level folders. (I have a little bit deep bookmark hierarchy.) If the maximum height can be larger, it will be better.
- (2019-08-13) Bob Builder: Missing ability to search folders names. Only searches content of folders. So if i wanted to add something quickly to a folder, i can not . Omi search bar i meant. but its the best bookmark extension Update : been using it more . great . all stars. seems i can even book mark from in extension right click. underrated extension. worth at least a dollar.
- (2019-08-05) Oleg Tanakov: Лучший менеджер для быстрой и удобной работы с закладками! Очень жаль, что разрабы забросили расширение ( Best manager for quick and easy work with bookmarks! It’s unfortunate that developers no longer develop an extension ((
- (2019-07-06) Chitranshu Vashishth: Thanks. Exactly what I wanted
- (2019-06-23) 흐르는흙: 목록 검색하기가 추가되면 좋겠다. 그리고 파일을 검색했을 때 하위목록도 보는 것을 선택하는 기능이 있으면 한다
- (2019-06-14) Hakan Ergin: I would just love to have a shortcut to open the bookmark (search) menu
- (2019-05-09) Volkmar Sommer: Absolut ok, einfach gehalten und ohne Probleme. Empfehlung.
- (2019-05-09) Sergio Uribe: the simplest and most functional. It allows to see and expand the markers and the best thing is that it has a search engine. Perfect and minimal.
- (2019-01-11) hao !!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2018-12-04) aione: 它很完美，但我不喜欢他的交互方式，感觉有点麻烦，不习惯。 如果可以像chrome书签那样递进的打开方式，绝对是最好的书签扩展，可惜他没有，
- (2018-08-14) Jay Alsman: The only Tagging solution for Chrome that I have stuck with after trying! fast and usable! Great Job! Only thing I have found that I can't seem to change: in the address bar, after hitting "*" and hitting space bar, the max # of bookmarks that show up only seems to be 6. Is there a way to change this? Other than that, this is an excellent extension, one of the most useful I've found on Chrome!
- (2018-08-01) trytip x.: it was ok, the animation quickly became annoying
- (2018-07-26) Ashley Horobin: Love this and works better on a High DPI screen than other extensions. One suggestion - add an option to remove the "Other Bookmarks" folder, otherwise just about perfect for me
- (2018-05-28) Dawn Lauryn: If anyone has found a decent organizer, please let me know. I don't understand the point of these bookmark extensions that don't allow you to organize/sort/etc. your bookmarks into folders.
- (2018-05-15) A: Ищу расширение, которое работает с тегами. В этом я не смог добавить тег на русском языке и не смог добавить несколько тегов на английском языке.
- (2018-04-24) Qutaiba Khader: best bookmarks manager ever
- (2018-04-15) John Smith: First, it crashes when I search. I have over 4,200 bookmarks and Tidy bookmarks looks very nice, until you search. It crashes so bad that it removes the settings for my other extensions. For one, it searches for each letter you type. This should be changed to allow you to finish typing your search term and have a Go button. I really like it but it has a serious problem, at least on Linux. I'm running Chrome on Linux Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit).
- (2018-03-16) 高志成: very good
- (2018-03-01) Sherif Aliti: Good and fast extension for finding bookmarks
- (2018-02-28) Xavier Walton: It's easier to access your bookmarks without the bookmarks bar, which actually looks like it takes away plenty of space on the screen.
- (2018-02-15) Marek G: Nice Bookmarks preview, fonts, colors but unfortunately there is panel width limit and no copy URL option.
- (2018-02-01) Kevin Lee: beautiful bookmarks
- (2018-01-22) Durian Zheitk: Excelente, la mejor extensión para marcadores, ojala se siga actualizando.
- (2018-01-12) moi lois: Absolutely a must have. I love it because it help me with my many bookmarks and it has great options to inhence my experience with bookmarks. Thanks you so much
- (2023-03-07, v:2.5) Angie visser: Tidy Bookmarks
Hi: I'm hoping you could tell me how to install this extension. Thank-you.
- (2022-10-20, v:2.5) Tom Foogleflump: Re-arranging the bookmarks
Is there an easy way to keep the app open so I can move the bookmarks/folders around to sort them the way I want them? Thanks for your help!
- (2021-12-16, v:2.5) Dan Naulty: export
Can you tell me how to export the bookmarks? I can't find anything in the app that will allow this.
- (2021-09-01, v:2.5) Martin Richter: How to add multiple tags to a bookmark
I can edit a bookmark and I see the field with the tags. No I can enter the text. But I can't press any separator (space, comma, semicolon) to start a new tag.
- (2021-07-24, v:2.5) E S: Differences between tidy bookmarks and tidy bookmarks tree. ??
Hello. Can you tell me what the difference is between your tidy bookmarks and tidy bookmarks TREE Google Chrome extensions.? It is a little hard to tell because I don't understand Chinese writing, but it looks like they are both created by you, is that correct? I have used tiny bookmarks TREE before. But this one tidy (the NON 'tree' version ) looks better.? So that's why I ask what are the differences? Or is one a replacement for the other? Thank you.
- (2021-04-26, v:2.5) Gábor Klement: Please Update
This is the most usable bookmark manager since 2017. It would really worth an update.
- (2020-11-08, v:2.5) Victor Chernysh: Предложение по функционалу
Здравствуйте! Расширение просто отличное! Но на мой взгляд не хватает следующего функционала: - возможность копирования папок и закладок; - возможность группового управление папками и закладками (копирование, вырезка, вставка, удаление). Спасибо!
- (2020-03-01, v:2.5) 張益誠: the option bug
After update the Chrome to ver. 80，Tidy seems useless. I change the "left click" from "Current tab" to "New tab" function, then close the browser, and the selection is remain "Current tab".
- (2019-11-18, v:2.5) Daniel Keele: Feature Request
I would like to be able to use a key combination to open the bookmark menu and search. For example, ctrl + b, to open the bookmark menu and have the focus be in the search bar. It's a great extension. Thank you for making it.
- (2019-06-15, v:2.5) K in KOP: how do I add tags to bookmarks?
Hello, I installed this extension, and I love the interface and how easy it is to get to bookmarks without going through Chrome's native system (which is essentially the same thing, but much clunkier). However, I thought that I was going to be able to add tags using the software but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. does it allow you to add tags? And how is that done? Thank you.
- (2019-05-26, v:2.5) Paul Gee: cascading dropdown opens to wrong side
I installed your add-on a couple of weeks ago and like it. But all of a sudden beginning a few days ago, the cascading dropdown is opening to the left instead of the right. Is there a way that I can control which side it opens on?
- (2018-12-03, v:2.5) multiple devices
Hi, nice app Is there a way to use my bookmark tags on a second pc? thanks
- (2018-10-27, v:2.5) Alwyn Pereira: export
Is there a way to export bookmarks with tags? So we start organizing my bookmarks with tags and tomorrow if i have to reset up machine, will i be able to import bookmarks with tags to a newly installed chrome
- (2018-03-24, v:2.5) Slow search
I realy like the Tidy Bookmarks. But slow search. When I typing bookmark, too slow search! Please fix it!
- (2018-02-21, v:2.5) David Wright: Sorting Of Bookmarks
Hi, Is it possible to sort my bookmarks using your extension, I've tried the 'Sort By Title' option, but it doesn't seem to do much of anything.
- (2018-01-24, v:2.5) Chris LaFave: Linux-like links to ease navigation
For those of us navigating countless bookmarks, links would allow us to jump directly to a destination folder, avoiding circuitous paths through myriad other folders and subfolders.
- (2017-12-06, v:2.5) Michael Mason: Previous windows size not remembered!
When right clicking on a bookmark and selecting "open in New window" the previous windows size is not remembered! Can you fix this please? Thanks
- (2017-11-16, v:2.5) Disable tag bar
Would be good have an option to disable/hide the BIG top tag bar that appears when we open a folder.