Adds a word count feature to your context menu (i.e. right-click menu).
Word Count adds an option to your context menu (i.e. the right-click menu) that counts the number of words in text that you have selected. That's it! Word Count was designed to be small and unobtrusive. Install it an don't worry about it until you need it. To use Word Count, select text on a webpage, right-click (or Ctrl+click on Mac), and select 'Count words'.
- (2019-09-29) Nathalie: Ne compte pas correctement : 405 mots comptés avec Word contre 379 avec cet outil :(
- (2019-04-26) Christina Willis: Doesn't work on the things I really need it for: pdfs.
- (2019-04-04) gustsan 00: Não funciona
- (2018-09-17) Arnold Wender: It´s good!
- (2018-08-14) Diego Kosiedoski: Works fine.
- (2018-04-10) Steven Jones: I really like it how its straight forward and simple to use
- (2017-11-30) Moshe Bitton: Only recognize English alphabet. It works great when reading text in English but I would like to see support for more languages.
- (2017-11-24) Gonzalo Verussa: No funciona. Después de poner World Count no pasa nada
- (2017-11-06) esf asia: useful tool i was searching for...works easy.good
- (2017-10-20) immortif Ma: 不支持中文字数统计,硬伤
- (2017-08-29) Tori Pritchett: Easy to access and use. I don't know how accurate it is, but it's accurate enough for my class assignments, so I'm happy!
- (2017-06-20) Maseyo Felix: 可以数英文词，但是无法数中文字数。
- (2017-06-04) Sebastián Chacón: Word count is inaccurate. It doesn't count words that have exclamation signs after them, like "No!" (<-- this one doesn't make the count rise)
- (2017-04-21) Hanung Bayu Adji: What a simple good app.
- (2017-03-15) Helen Mortimer: Does what I want!
- (2017-03-02) Davender singh: I hope this gives me good results
- (2017-01-05) Cristian Inda: Not working. After selecting text, right-clic -> Word Count nothing is shown. Uninstalling
- (2016-07-21) Konstantin Kitmanov: Only latin script for some reason. Trash bin.
- (2016-07-04) Sushruta Bhattacharjee: Isn't working
- (2016-06-21) Quê Hương Vị: help me for training of reading
- (2016-06-05) Luke Adin: Perfection through simplicity and usefulness. Thank you so much! Would recommend to everyone.
- (2016-03-08) Seth Thuraisingham: Simple, just counts words. Does not take focus away from current chrome tab.
- (2016-02-22) Sara Muender: Didn't work for me
- (2016-02-18) Richard Clifton: I like the placement of your modal better than the alternative extension. If you would add character count to the extension, I would use it and rate it 5 stars.
- (2015-11-13) Ahsanul Haque: perfect count :)
- (2017-08-24, v:1.2) Laurie-Ève Pion: Adding numbers of caracters
Hi! I'd like to suggest to add the numbers of caracters with and without spaces in the extension. It would be very useful for all the web marketers out there! Thank you!
- (2015-11-10, v:1.2) Stephen Harland: Doesn't work
Simply doesn't work.
- (2015-03-28, v:1.2) Amanda Lohiser: Opening 5 count windows?
I use this app extension the time for grading students' online paper submissions. It's a great tool. However, something strange started happening today. When I highlight and right-click to view the word count, I get FIVE word count windows instead of one. I have to close them all by clicking the Xs one-by-one - click, click, click, click, click. This is time consuming and annoying - not to mention how I used to like the fact that I could count, say, three paragraphs and then close through the three boxes in succession and see the students' word count for all three paragraphs. Help! What is going on?
- (2014-12-28, v:1.2) Andrew Denny: Pop-up ad windows
If I leave Chrome unattended a while, a nasty, spammy advertising tab pops up. I'm trying to track down the origin. It's not a virus or other malware, according to virus scans on McAfee. I'm suspecting something unwanted in various Chrome extensions, and have been disabling them one by one. Yours is the last that's left, and the problem is STILL happening! Can you cross your heart and say Word Count isn't the cause? Thanks
- (2014-10-21, v:1.2) Maddison Rose: Wordcount off?
When I compare the wordcount this tool gives me with the wordcount given by other tools, the numbers are different. Do you know the reason for this discrepancy?
- (2014-10-17, v:1.2) Ania Bukowski: More words
It would be nice if this feature counted more than 2k words.
- (2014-04-28, v:1.2) Upgrade for translators
Hi Peter, your app work fine but people like me need a fast way to evaluate word count about one hundred pages for example. Would be nice to have a dynamic word counter ... the counter increase automatically making the selection ... more i drag the selection more the counter increase ... When the selection is complete i press a key like ctrl-d and the count is added to a cumulative var that will show me the total word number at the end of 100 or more selections on to many pages. Could be fine. for many people. See you and tkx a lot! Andrea
- (2013-10-02, v:1.2) Thomas Bridgewater: Character Count
You should add a character count as well. It would make it perfect really.