Search and analyze your unlimited history.
History Trends Unlimited regularly syncs your history to a local database to work around the (approximate) 3-month time limit imposed by Chrome. Your history is saved locally; it's never shared or sent over the network. Features: * Interactive charts and stats. Click any of the bar/line/pie charts to filter by a value. * Search your history by keyword. Or browse it chronologically. * Access the raw data to perform your own analysis. Click the "Export These Results" link on the Trends or Search page. * Transfer your history to a new computer. See instructions on the Options page. NOTES: * Uninstalling this extension will delete all of the history it has saved. To create a backup of your history, use the "Export History" button on the Options page. * This extension stores your history separate from Chrome's history, which means 1) clearing Chrome's history will not delete your history in this extension, and 2) this extension will not preserve the color of links you have already visited.
- (2023-05-18) Sandeep Singh: Been using this for about 3 years now, this thing is just incredible. I love being able to search my history, for an unlimited time back instead of just 3 months, which is so stupid! So much usefull links I've been able to find again, which I never would have otherwise. The trends tab is cool, fun to see what kind of sites you visit. The backups are super usefull, so I'll never lose my history. Should be standard in any browser! I installed it in my other chromium based browsers too. Thank you for creating this!
- (2023-04-24) Zack Light: It should have the option to save to GitHub in the background Having to deal select the corresponding folder for the history file is too much work, each time I restart Chrome. Check out the extension LeetHub which syncs in the background.
- (2023-04-17) Florian “furomin” Gaul: Very neat tool, sadly it's not on github or even open source... 😥🥸
- (2023-04-14) Richard L: Just great. Easily one of my top three extensions. I find history invaluable in many ways, including problem-solving, and this extension expands Chrome's paltry 90 day limit to UNLIMITED! And it further provides options such as auto history backups in case anything ever goes awry (which has never happened to me in years of using HTU), and a function for transferring the info to a new device. I have to remember that when I *do* prefer to delete certain history items less than 90 days old, it's necessary to separately delete them from Chrome's history as well, since HTU wisely keeps its own history files completely separate from Chrome. Thanks so much for this extension!
- (2023-04-11) Jonathan Vargas: It's great but it would be useful to implement a "time per site" option, not only visit.
- (2023-04-08) Liam: 7/4/2023: the extension' data suddenly become empty and i can't export and import history, what the hell OLD: All of my 2 years or more of data was lost after I re-enable the extension! Are there any ways to recover it if I didn't export history? And why did that happen Reply 1: That is the only time the data was lost after I re-enable the extension, the other times are fine. I'm using Chrome version 96.0.4664.93. This loss hit me so hard OMG. Definitely will use Auto Backup from now on... Is it possible to make the extension be albe to read and import history from Google My Activity?
- (2023-03-22) Petrus Rademeyer: Great addon and works 100%. Especially for those days where you just cannot remember what you did the last couple of days and got in trouble to due work load :) Cheers
- (2023-02-28) 马春杰: Thanks, plugin is very good, can you add gist synchronization?
- (2023-02-21) 刘志东（小小东叔叔）: 不错，可以很好的整理历史记录
- (2023-02-18) Shion Sinx: One time I needed to check some website I visited many months prior, and found out Chrome limit of 90 days of browsing history. I looked and asked around and was pointed to this extension, it seemed very promising! Installed and forgot about it. Until today when I needed it, so I went back to check a website I visited about 4 months prior... and found nothing. There was no records older than 90 days, again. Only then I learned that the sole funcion of the extension is most likely tied to this option of auto-backup which is NOT turned on by default! And no warning about it as well (because if there was I would have turned it on). Why would someone do that?!
- (2023-01-30) a b (ab): way better than chrome history
- (2022-12-17) jean ų: can you add a way to change the destination folder when saving?
- (2022-11-16) James Wright: Great extension! Search function and lasting forever (?) as opposed to Chrome's 3 months are invaluable! Only issue is searching for domain substrings, as sometimes need to find a site and that's the only thing can remember.
- (2022-11-15) Edwin Sugiono: The best for history and meticulous, visit by visit, time by time, but I wish you could make this for android even if its condensed, and I wouldn't mind paying a one time fee. Chrome history deltes after 90 days and their acivities is separated by regular activates and a special https://myactivity.google.com/page?utm_source=my-activity&hl=en&page=chrome which you have to go to your activities page and search other activities and scroll down to chrome history to see everything that you searched for by android and PC. its so annoying. Anyways thank you for this
- (2022-11-08) Adam Binks: Google docs shows up lots of times, it messes up the stats
- (2022-11-02) A: Estensione utile per archiviare lo storico perpetuo dei link visitatati e poter fare qualche analisi. In passato avevo anche contattato lo sviluppatore per chiedere consiglio sull'importazione della cronologia da vecchi file e ricordo che è stato gentile e mi aveva fornito una guida per poter risolvere quanto chiesto.
- (2022-10-21) Sam Jones: Brilliant extension. Thanks for your work. I was wondering, in a future version, if it would be easily possible, to choose where the backup gets saved, rather than in the downloads folder. And/or, if the old versions of a 'Full' backup could be automatically deleted?
- (2022-10-17) Sarah Hassan: My entire history that I had been backing up with app was deleted and I have no idea why because I never uninstalled the extension.
- (2022-10-17) Meow Cat: 🐂🍺
- (2022-10-16) Matthew Sjogren: This should be an option within Chrome but you did it anyway. You are doing the work that NEEDS to be done. Thanks.
- (2022-10-04) zhongliang xie: recent，when click search tab, always show "Initializing..." for hours, and can not use any more
- (2022-09-28) IjeskrewRB MC: i tried using it today but it stopped working why is that??
- (2022-08-16) Omar Hammad: I absolutely love this extension. From the moment you start using it, it archives your entire history and even displays it clearly for future reference versus the vague text documents other programs may be limited to. I just wish I started using it 10 years ago, but I at least still have from 2015 onward. The ability to export in full or in increments and then import it all later even ensures the longevity of the history in case of accidents.
- (2022-08-01) Артём Тихонович: Отличное средство для анализа истории браузера
- (2022-07-28) ぜんまい猫: Hello! I like your tool very much, which solves my troubles. It would be better if you could optimize your search. The search function is not very friendly, there is no fuzzy search. "ABC" example: a* can be found, which is good. "ABC" example: b*, not found. "ABC" example: *c, not found. It may be the words of different countries that lead to different effects. Hope to add these functions, thank you very much!
- (2022-07-20) Boris Kaplan: Doesnt show past 90 days which I am looking for, I thought this extension shows my history past 90 days
- (2022-03-17) Nasrul Aziz: thanks, this extension is very helpful
- (2022-02-14) phir: It's one of the most useful extensions. It's great.
- (2022-02-02) emrah yalcin: amazingly good (inanılmaz derecede iyi.)
- (2022-01-30) E. B.: The best history extension I know, been using it for over 7 years now and I love it. Being able to find things I looked at years ago is amazing.
- (2022-01-18) Jonathan L: I'm getting an error when searching for a keyword: Error message: could not prepare statement (1 no such table: search_urls) I've installed and uninstalled it so idk why this is happening. I've also checked the db with sqliteviewer and there is indeed no search_urls table.
- (2022-01-11) Walter Antolini: Sembra che funzioni bene, un pò complicata la ricerca ma credo si possa migliorare in futuro It seems to work well, the search is a bit complicated but I think it can be improved in the future
- (2022-01-04) John Spalvins: Love this extension. Between this and the Everything app, my life would definitely not be the same! I run 3 versions of Chrome/Chromium on 2 PCs and as long as I remember to back up (or just open the browser with auto-backup enabled) within 90 days I can locate some obscure website I remember seeing 2 years ago for 30 seconds and look at every site, every song I was listening to or anything else I did that day online. What more could yo ask for?! The reason I mention the above app (or anything similar) is the simplicity of finding any one backup file anywhere, then simply loading it into the current browser version of the extension and that history is filtered and added to my current history. Especially with the way that Google Search has become, this app is more useful than ever!! (Not sure if 90 days is the standard "History" for Chrome like it used to be, fyi.)
- (2022-01-01) Niko: 这才是我想要的历史记录！！！！！！
- (2021-12-29) Devakinandan K: only one suggestion. can you please please add custom filter option, like based on date and url. right now it is uplicable only to top 100 scearchs. "Results are filtered by:" custom option for this. i actually love to give 5.
- (2021-12-22) Brent Harrison: I use it to search my history. It is faster than the history search included in both Chrome and Edge. Especially if I want to search way back in time. I suspect it may be keeping much more history. It includes the time to the second. I can easily copy my history to another computer with out sharing it with Google. Its a great aid to helping me keep track of my time spent doing work for clients. I love it!
- (2021-12-13) first last: This seems useful, but the feature to remove duplicate URLs from the history doesn't seem to work, so everything is very cluttered. Can anyone let me know if there is a fix for this?
- (2021-12-03) n00b: It's stopped working for me since 26th Nov. Is it just me? Thanks. ( Problem Solved ) Edit: @Randy - It is working fine now. I'm using Chrome and somehow it was stuck at Version 93.0.4577.63 and when I try to update it, it won't autoupdate. ( error code 1: 0x80004005 -- system level ) After I updated Chrome using the standalone installer, History Trends Unlimited works perfectly as before. It even have all the history from 26th Nov to today 3rd Dec. Thank you very much for your hard work making this fantastic extension. :)
- (2021-11-25) mason264: Unfortunately Search doesn't work for me, just throwing out an "Error message: could not prepare statement (1 no such table: search_urls)" error. Other than that this program is wonderful.
- (2021-11-03) Shishir Urdhwareshe: Excellent Resource to save your browsing history and search it
- (2021-10-19) Gautham N: A superb extension with a whole lot of features for enabling heavy googlers to browse back through their history and obtain interesting insights into their search patterns. This extension is a must for all who are fed up with the limited functionality of chrome's history. Hats off to Randy Lauen for developing such a wonderful extension which is saving hours of scrolling through chrome history to find the right results.
- (2021-10-14) Adam: ATTENTION ALL DATA HOARDERS AND ANALYSTS ALIKE BE PREPARED TO HAVE YOUR MIND BLOWN Seriously though, it's really well made.
- (2021-09-25) X - Force: Really excellent. Have had it installed since 2019 and it's kept all of my history since then. Excellent search functionality. Only small nitpick is that the auto-backup of my incrementals don't happen anymore. I just happened to notice this after looking at the options today and seeing that it hadn't backed up in 45 days (instead of the every 14 that it's set to). That feature always worked used to work fine, but who knows, maybe something on my end. Manually backing up is simple enough. And I needed to do a FULL backup anyway. Regardless, absolutely love it and highly recommended! Thank you very much Randy!! Truly Amazing and very grateful!!
- (2021-09-20) Mark Millikin: I know this previously showed my history going back as I had installed it, but it now only goes back to December 2020. Is there a fix for this to get that old history back? I am on a Mac running 10.12.6 and Chrome 93.0.4577.82. Thank you.
- (2021-09-16) Hosa: Its just ridiculous that this extension does not have basic options such as deleting entries or even delete everything.. Its also missing a calender to show me the history of the exact day and year.. While some people would consider this is one of the best history extensions, truthfully, its missing some important functionality... and the sad thing it hasnt been updated in over a year.. so whats up with the dev? did he abandon it?
- (2021-09-06) vicentory: 建议增加中文版，谢谢。
- (2021-08-07) 上原壮亮: INSANELY helpful , like literally the best browser extensions after ad block for my purposes especially in information science., though I think there needs to be a patch for a new chorme versions. Willing it donate some micro transactions to support the dev , 9/10
- (2021-07-29) Ant 1597: The fact that it saves my browser history for longer than 90 days really saved a data hoarder. Thank you Randy for developing this marvelous extension!
- (2021-07-22) Phoppon Munjai: Hey randy i was wondering is it possible to upload my history without crashing the website? i cant upload my history backup because the size is too big do you have some way to get my back up back in chrome?
- (2021-07-14) Chintan Joshi: the best extension i have ever used!! It has too many features using for more than 2 years.. backup feature is very handy.
- (2023-06-02, v:1.6.2) John Adamidis: duplicates in history
It's a great extension and I’m happy to have found it. Is there a way to find duplicate entries in history and delete them? It happens very often that I’m visiting the same webpage and seeing it multiple times in my history is a bit awkward. Thank you!
- (2023-05-29, v:1.6.2) Zach Poblete: How to transfer native browser history to History Trends Unlimited?
I think I lost my History Trends history due to a browser crash, but my latest backup is from two months ago. Is there a way to append the native browser history to that backup so that I can continue like nothing happened? I am using Microsoft Edge, but maybe the way to do it would be similar to in Chrome, if it is possible in Chrome.
- (2023-05-08, v:1.6.2) Neil F: Searching by URL
Firstly, thank you for this invaluable extension! It's common for page titles to be inaccurate and not descriptive, e.g. "Product Item" for all products on the site. It would be supremely helpful if the searching would search the URL as well, not just the page title.
- (2023-04-04, v:1.6.2) Pantelis Emmanouilidis: sometimes the extension doesnt sych corectly
I cam into that problem: sometimes, when I go through webpages, and after that, I open the extension (to synch automatically), I see my history visits, but some of them isnt displayed, but on chrome (my browser) they displayed correctly. I found that bug some weeks ago, and I have the extension more than an year.
- (2023-03-22, v:1.6.2) Faisal Karim: Search shows as initializing, whole application is broken
Search is stuck at initializing. I am unable to save any of the changes I made in Options. For reference, the console shows the following messages when clicking on the extension icon to load the html page (goes to trends first): 2023-03-22 16:15:03.632: INFO: onPageLoad sync started calcTrendsWebSql.js:20 unable to open database (14 sqlite_open returned null) websql.init @ calcTrendsWebSql.js:20 calcTrendsWebSql.js:20 Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'openDatabase' on 'Window': unable to open database (14 sqlite_open returned null) at websql.init (chrome-extension://pnmchffiealhkdloeffcdnbgdnedheme/js/calcTrendsWebSql.js:20:17) at websql.initAndSync (chrome-extension://pnmchffiealhkdloeffcdnbgdnedheme/js/calcTrendsWebSql.js:99:16) at initialize (chrome-extension://pnmchffiealhkdloeffcdnbgdnedheme/js/trends.js:12:12) at chrome-extension://pnmchffiealhkdloeffcdnbgdnedheme/js/trends.js:8:1 DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://pnmchffiealhkdloeffcdnbgdnedheme/dygraph/dist/dygraph.min.js.map: System error: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
- (2023-02-14, v:1.6.2) Rick Williams: Wildcards or substring matching for trend filters?
Being able to filter by all URLS containing "keyword" would be very useful. Examples: - All URLs beginning with github.com/username + don't have to type the protocol + can filter by something between a whole domain and single URL - URLs containing "topic" + If I read about something across many different domains One step further would be to allow multiple URL filters and multiple Domain filters, with the Boolean logic being: (domain1 OR domain2 OR domain3) AND (URL1 OR URL2 OR URL3) But honestly just the substring matching would be excellent.
- (2022-12-03, v:1.6.2) ZaCloud StriFair: Suggestion for potential ways to fix the inability to auto-backup when users have Chrome set to ask for download location every time?
Yo, dude. :) I see by a recent reply in the reviews that you might be considering fixing that shortcoming I mentioned before after all, due to Chrome's "ask where to save download" window thing (which I & many other users need to have turned on). I made a couple suggestions in my July comment on this Contact page, as well as the reply to myself with an additional musing. I'm not a programmer, but just figured I'd suggest a few potential workarounds based on things other extensions are able to do, in case something sort-of-similar can be attempted. Just letting you know in case you missed those. (Probably useless but oh well, figured it's worth a try anywaaaayyyy.... ^_^;;)
- (2022-10-13, v:1.6.2) Techwolf Lupindo: How to export to firefox?
Moving from Chrome/Brave/Ungoogle browser to Firefox(librewolf). How do I export the entire history and import the entire history to Firefox?
- (2022-10-08, v:1.6.2) 9uj as: 搜索有问题
- (2022-09-02, v:1.6.2) Martin Michaelsen: Initializing...
Hi Randy! Epic plugin! I have this issue where it seems the plugin never starts, the search page is stuck on "Initializing..." — any idea what could be happening?
- (2022-08-24, v:1.6.2) Claudio Bruzzese: Chrome on tablet android
I cannot find the button "add to chrome" in my tablet chrome web store. Is it normal? Thank you for your kind answer.
- (2022-08-05, v:1.6.2) FInx Rake: Would love an option to prevent title changing when re-visit the pages
While I like this extension for keeping the history of URL I visited in the past, re-visit some pages again that have their site's name or title changed, like Youtube title video for example, will affect the past history. Other user has mentioned about this too, but I'm hoping there will be an option to prevent the title changing for same URL page, to keep it in history. Or choose to have it change in case some users don't want the history data becomes bigger or something
- (2022-03-17, v:1.6.1) Joseph Myers: Why is my history missing?
Any reason why some older history (e.g. January 13th) would be missing? Some days only have a single entry, which is suspicious, because I can't do anything productive with a single website request. January 2-5 have no entries at all. For example, I know for a fact I watched the CFP National Championship, January 10th, on my laptop -- but there are only four entries that day, all google sites. Another example, my personal favorite, is the 15th, where it says the only time I used the internet was to do a single Google search for "wildebeest" :D What am I not understanding? Why would only some of my entries in a day be missing?
- (2022-03-09, v:1.6.1) Martin Zackery: Searching the database using keywords.
In the advanced search option, I input several keywords and separate them by commas however no result is returned even though I know the keywords I used are definitely associated with several other search results, which has led me to the conclusion that the keyword search only performs the search on links that have all the keywords mentioned, and not on any link that has at least one of the keywords selected, is this correct? If not, how do I perform a keyword search that produces multiple search results that have any of the keywords I selected, in the links?
- (2022-01-05, v:1.6.1) Travers 15: How do I import the locally saved history from the Chrome browser to the Opera browser?
The History Trends Unlimited extension is successfully installed in my Opera browser and I thought if I just copied the entire database that is stored in the "chrome-extension_pnmchffiealhkdloeffcdnbgdnedheme_0" folder, which is in the Chrome profile directory, and pasted it into the folder where the History Trends Unlimited database is stored in the Opera profile directory, (which is file path: C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera GX Stable\databases\chrome-extension_pnmchffiealhkdloeffcdnbgdnedheme_0) then all of the history that was saved while I was using Chrome would be imported into Opera. However, it did not work. Also, I removed the two files that were in Opera HTU database folder before pasting the database I copied from the Chrome profile directory. Is it possible to import the Chrome database for HTU into the Opera browser?
- (2022-01-03, v:1.6.1) A Raccoon: Re-visiting a page that is now deleted will distort history
If I visited a YouTube video 2 years ago, I can find it in History Trends and revisit that page. If YouTube removed that video, it gets a new page title. If I search for it in History Trends again, it has now vanished. The title is missing, as if I had never successfully visited that video. This distorts history and frustrates my efforts to track things down.
- (2021-12-30, v:1.6) A Raccoon: Will this extension work in any other browser?
There are a number of Chrome-based "privacy browsers" on the market today and I am wondering if it's possible to transfer this extension over to one of those browsers. Your extension is one of the few things holding me back. Are you aware of it being used in other browsers, and if so, do you have any instructions for migrating?
- (2021-12-17, v:1.6) Lazar Ranisavljevic: Search not working
- (2021-08-19, v:1.6) Dash Chen: Could not import history
Using full backup file to import will get the following error: ``` Imported 0 urls and 0 visits Errors: 21,458 lines could not be imported ```
- (2021-08-07, v:1.6) A: Join old browsing history files
To reunify old histories before installing this extension, I suggest to add a way to import from old chrome files or from texts extracted with ChromeHistoryView program ( https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/chrome_history_view.html )
- (2021-07-29, v:1.6) Ant 1597: Error (no such table: search_urls) in Vivaldi browser
I am using Vivaldi 64-bit since about 4.0.1 to now, ver. 4.0.2312.41 on Windows 10 (Chrome ver. 91.0.4472.166, V8 ver. 9.1.269.39). And every time I use the search function, I get the following error message: > Something went wrong with the search. Please see "Search Tips" for a list of valid search operators. > Error message: could not prepare statement (1 no such table: search_urls) (No more error message in WebDev console, by the way.) It will be really nice if this problem can be fixed. But still, it is absolutely not the extension's problem, very likely some core function incompatability. (The function works fine on my Google Chrome browser.)
- (2021-07-22, v:1.6) Phoppon Munjai: Chrome crash because back up is too big
my history backup currenly have size around 1gb is it possible to import my history without crashing the website?
- (2021-07-20, v:1.6) gyakkun: Keyword searching in non-western language
Hi! I’m a heavy user of your History Trends Unlimited plugin. The most usual problem I have met is that the keyword searching doesn’t always return all the matching visits. Diving into the source code I found that the keyword searching feature make use of “MATCH” operator in sqLite/webSql, of which the tokenizer “simple” doesn’t work well with languages other than western languages, for example, when I input a keyword in Chinese. My workaround is simply using “LIKE” operator in WHERE clause and modify the keywords as ‘%keyword%’. It only works with single keyword, but just satisfy my requirement. Here's the workaround patch I have used for a while: https://pastebin.com/tiR6bnC7 IMHO, it would be better to match the keyword with title in “urls” table, and maybe there is a more elegant way to fit non-western language keyword-searching. Best regards
- (2021-06-29, v:1.6) Jonathan L: Search does not work
I get this error when searching for a term: Error message: could not prepare statement (1 no such table: search_urls)
- (2021-04-18, v:1.6) Fabian Blank: order of date
Hi, I have a question regarding the time order. When I select a time interval, e.g. 01.03.2021 - 15.04.2021, is it possible to view the results from old to new? So that I don't have to click "oder" all the time? Thanks in advance! Best regards
- (2021-04-10, v:1.6) Fabian Blank: Backup, 30-day limit
Hi, I'm new to this extension and a have a few questions: 1. Does the extension only store the past 3 months as the default history or does it store an unlimited amount of history? 2. If it stores an unlimited amount, what exactly is the backup function for? 3. How can I open the backup (.tsv) file? Thanks a lot and best regards
- (2021-02-09, v:1.6) Harrison Ji: How is a "visit" calculated in G doc?
Hi, thanks so much for developing this extension. It's super helpful. In my stats, Google doc pages have been getting unusual numbers of "visits". For example, I worked on a Google doc page this morning for about an hour, and it showed I had "296 visits" to that page. Could you help clarify? Otherwise I think I'll just ignore the stats for Google doc pages. Thanks,
- (2021-01-25, v:1.6) Raf Van Suetendael: Sort search results oldest first
Hi, First of, thanks for the great extension! It's been a life-saver. :) My question/suggestion: Is it somehow possible or could it be made possible to sort your search results in reverse order? So oldest results first (e.g.: 09:00 > 18:00) Would be a great option to make browsing a day's results even easier.Read your history from the morning to evening without having to click "older" all the way to the first entry. Thanks in advance for your response!
- (2020-12-19, v:1.6) Greg Germeil: History saved regardless of which computer used in 1 file
Would it be possible to have history from Chrome on all browsers you're signed in merged into that extension? I use 3 computers and I have to constantly backup and export history files because I want the history of all my sites regardless of which computer I use on that extension
- (2020-11-16, v:1.6) J. A.: print with everything more readable and with the graphs?
print with everything more readable and with the graphs?
- (2020-10-28, v:1.6) Cody Swartz: Google Docs Floods Visit Count
When using Google Docs it seems that it inflates the visit count. It would be nice if it could de-dupe those, debounce, or consolidate those visit counts for Google Docs. I imagine it's constantly changing the page state while you write in a document. For one instance it gave me 1200 hits.
- (2020-10-06, v:1.6) ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΣ ΑΓΓΕΛΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ: filter results by device
Hello there!Your extension is my last way to find some tabs I ve lost and they are very important to me,because they are my work stuff. I had about 60-70 tabs openned in different chrome windows on my laptop.And I had installed tabs sync in my chrome.The thing is that when I ve openned my pc,the tabs of my laptop dissapeared and were replaced by those on my pc.for an unknown reason. So I want to ask.Is there any way to filter my history through your extension (which I have for more than a year now,so the tabs I am cared about are already there) by device?let's say by pc or laptop,or by ID,device name,ANYTHING AT ALL??I m really desperate..thanks in advance for your time.
- (2020-10-03, v:1.6) Sarm G: Search function
Hello, I have been using your extension for a long time and I love it! It tracks everything and keeps everything logged, It's very useful to me because there might be a tab I come across and totally forget about it then remember it a few months later but then I wouldn't be able to access it since google deletes history after a while. My suggestion is that when going to the search tab and instead of having just "Newer" and "Older" buttons. You should have another little button next to them saying "Newest" and "Oldest". This would be particularly useful for me because instead of spamming the "Older button" to get all the way to the end I can just press one button and get there. Hopefully you take my suggestion into consideration and add it, thank you!
- (2020-09-03, v:1.6) Stronginthearm XXVII: Wildcard at the beginning of a word
The search allows you to use a wildcard (*) at the end of the word, but not the beginning. It would be useful to allow it at the beginning as well. Thanks
- (2020-08-05, v:1.6) Maddy: Jump from a search result link to actual timeline
Hi.. been using this since 2018 and very much like it. I have a request, not sure if its possible or aint.. anyways putting it out. So lets say I searched for a specific word or link and then search results pop up. Now for a specific search result(s), lets say dated 01-01-2020 09:15:00 AM, I wish to see what did I browse before & after 9:15 AM on that specific day. Now this is only possible if I goto advanced search and give out the date and time range. this is lot of work when I wish to do this scenario for multiple search results. what I am hoping for is a shortcut or something or whatevs so that when search results popup and I wish to jump to a specific link actual full timeline, some kind of means is available, like clicking some shortcut_icon attached to timestamp maybe to make a jump to that timeline instantaneously. hope I did explain it clearly!
- (2020-07-18, v:1.6) Zaglol Gamal: Show search results in context
When searching history, add an option to show a result in context just like Windows Explorer's 'Open file location'. I think the visit time label is perfect for this function.
- (2020-06-30, v:1.6) Alex Pettee: export time/date format
Hi, in what format is the time/date number string on the data export? example 1593529347740.13 & 02:27.7 Thanks!
- (2020-06-24, v:1.6) Michel Cadorette: Issue with autosave.
I use Brave browser and it work fine except for one small thing, the automatic backup don't work when I start Brave. I'd really like i f you could take a look at this issue. Best Regards and thanks for this extension.
- (2020-06-09, v:1.6) William Merritt: jumping to a date
i want to jump to a previous date and browse to current time but unfortunately it's impossible because if i enter date in search, only that date is shown, please provide inverse browsing because many would like to browse their history from past to recent time to watch their activities orderly. also please provide jump to specfic page feature. thank you
- (2020-06-05, v:1.6) Ngoni Matenga: nice chrome extension,,anywhere i can get the source code
nice chrome extension,,anywhere i can get the source code
- (2020-06-04, v:1.6) kenahans: Mark Older Sites as read.
Hi. I have a suggestion. When you import the autobackup, can you make a button or automatically, make the links you have marked as read. Only problem i have now, is that after 90 days, it is gone from chrome history, as per standard, but even though i have the links in the backup file, i still have to visit the sites again to mark them as visited. Perhaps make a button or something, that when you do a search on a date or a site, that you can mark all the links from that site as read. Would be very helpfull, I think, not only for me, but for others as well. Other than that, keep up the good work, I love your extention! Ken
- (2020-06-02, v:1.6) Rick Coury: I just downloaded the history trends unlimited extension on my laptop but I don't know how to use it.
Whenever I search for an item, the history will go back only to March 4, 2020. Please tell me how to use the extension. Thanks for your help. Rick
- (2020-05-30, v:1.6) Roman Belyaev: Partly visibility of history in extension
Recently, I've managed to sync history between desktop and mobile Chrome, which works really great with default history viewer in Chrome. But with this extension I can only see part of combined history - some sites are visible, but some are not. In default viewer everything is ok. What shoud I do to see all history in your extension?
- (2020-05-02, v:1.6) Сергей Мосолкин: Установить НА смартфон
Как установить на смартфон на андроид?
- (2020-04-18, v:1.6) Michael Cherni: Start Page defaults to Trends, regardless of what i set in Options
Recently I've noticed that when I open your extension (after closing, then opening the Chrome browser), it defaults to "Trends" even though I have set the Start Page in Options to "Search". A minor but annoying glitch in an otherwise wonderful extension. Cheers, Michael NYC
- (2020-04-09, v:1.6) Tom Packert: Ship the logs to Amazon S3
Hello, We are managing accountants at scale, we are looking for insights in how they work using their SaaS systems via Google Chrome. I have been looking for a way to save the logs to an Amazon S3 bucket. Would I be able to setup a scheduled task to ship (rsync) the history logs to S3 at night to load into an analysis tool Best, Tom
- (2020-03-12, v:1.5.11) Mark Fletcher: Import history from old PC
I have a history backup file from an old pc named history_autobackup_[date]_full.tsv. Can I import this into History Trends Unlimited and, if so, how?
- (2020-02-28, v:1.5.11) Sir Light: Visits per day improvement
Hi, Randy! Thanks for the amazing addon. Chrome's default "feature" of removing history after 3 months has been killing me for a long time, thank you for a nice way to save my online activity. One feature I am constantly missing is in the "visits per day" display, if there are no days on a given day (like, for example, 50 visits on Fri, 0 visits on Sat, 0 visits on Sun and 59 visits on Mon), the graphic simply connects the points across the missing days, giving the impression that on the missing days there were visits. A better solution would be to lower the line to 0, and raise it back on the day with visits. This would allow for better visibility for periods without activity. Right now this can only be seen in the histogram view, but not in the graphic view, which is sad.
- (2020-02-15, v:1.5.10) Lokman Afandy: option to auto backup on google drive or onedrive
so by connect into file hosting, it will be much easier instead of save to local and move them to cloud manually.
- (2020-02-07, v:1.5.10) Игорь Жигунь: No excludion option
Is there any way to exclude webpages from storing in History Trends Unlimited database by URL or page caption? That is to ignore such pages and not saving them
4.7 (363 votes)
Last update / version
2022-05-01 / 1.6.2