Recipe Filter seeks out recipes buried in pages and shows them to you in a handy popup.
This extension will detect recipes on any page you visit and will highlight them at the top of the page. Easy! No more hunting for the actual recipe when you visit a long-winded food blog! You can turn it off for specific sites if you find it's not needed and edit the blacklist under "Options" when you right-click the green Recipe Filter icon in your toolbar. This is an open source project: https://github.com/sean-public/RecipeFilter
- (2022-11-03) Richard Lievesley: Finally, I don't need to read an essay before knowing if I should store a tomato in the fridge or not.
- (2022-10-30) Jen Liberte: Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I no longer have to scroll through 20 pages about how the author sourced the onions from a remote village in the Swiss Alps on a backpacking trip last summer, accompanied by a longwinded explanation about how it's their nephew's favorite.
- (2022-09-13) Tânia Silva: Awesome! Really love it, but it does not work on Portuguese sites... For me it is not a problem but i would be a great upgrade do this brilliant extension.
- (2022-03-30) Nicole Hansen: I wish Google would rework its algorithm so we don't need plugins like this and "Jump to recipe" because they are still ranking posts based on the number of steps the author spends writing and illustrating how to boil a pot of water.
- (2022-02-05) Scott Virshup: Works on basically every food blog I visit. They keep adding longer and longer blogs before you get to the actual recipe. This extension is a lifesaver!
- (2022-01-30) Kevin Sweet: Please add a "save recipe" feature -- imagine the powahhh!! 99% of my recipes are from internet and I use them and lose them :(
- (2021-12-04) Declan Siewert: Best extension on chrome. I just noticed the metric/standard conversion and I'm in love!!!
- (2021-11-19) Phong Du Thanh: Recommend for lazy people like me :3
- (2021-11-08) Robin Rheaume: It's a bit iffy. sometimes works great, sometimes does nothing. Perhaps working on about 1/3rd of the recipe sites I've come across.
- (2021-10-02) Jean White: nice.
- (2021-08-05) Katie Kasten: I couldn't live without this filter, and it works every time.
- (2021-06-05) Mark Hall: Doesn't work on any site that I've found. I don't know why it doesn't pop up. Maybe a setting?
- (2021-03-16) Alex Sutliff: Phenomenal. Life saving. Time saving. Annoyance saving. I would gladly purchase this. It works so quickly and cuts right through the spam to get to the recipe. I can't thank the developers enough. Now if only I could put it on my phone. 12/10
- (2021-03-07) Emily Price: Used to work really well but it recently started freezing the tab in chrome.
- (2021-01-29) Zach Pierce: I had an idea to make this chrome extension myself but found out someone beat me to it. Thanks.
- (2021-01-15) L S: 'ppreciatecha homie!
- (2020-12-21) Cynthia Rintye: I am so thankful for this. I hate scrolling through a overlong, uninteresting, blog post to get to a recipe. This puts the recipe right on the top. Thank you.
- (2020-09-20) Matt Gastright: This has saved me countless hours, thank you so much.
- (2020-08-10) Brett Cragg: This is one of the best browser extensions I've ever used. It gets rid of the life stories of someone I'll never meet and just shows me the recipe, which is all I really want. Thank you so much to Seansoft for making it available.
- (2020-08-05) Kevin Rhodes: Amazing - as someone else said, either creates an really nice overlay as soon as the page loads or just extracts the required text.
- (2020-08-02) Lee Ensslin: could not get it to work on any site
- (2020-07-06) A: I want to love it but so far I don't think it plays well with some of my other extensions but I can't figure out which one(s).
- (2020-06-24) Lexa Kőszegi: OMG I NEEDED THIS!! I get so frustrated when I search for a recipe and find a link, then have to scroll down through ten paragraphs and pictures and videos and ads to finally get down to the recipe itself. I've only tried a few sites so far, but on those it's worked flawlessly except for the ones that have the recipe right at the top already. I'd prefer it to do the same for those, so I can always look at it in the same format - but that is such a minor thing that I still give it five full stars :-)
- (2020-06-23) bonni mini: It's just works like charm, recommended 1000%
- (2020-03-22) Chris Glazier: Good looking out
- (2020-03-20) Sherri Lynette: I've been using this for about a year now. I absolutely love it!
- (2020-03-17) Emilee Richards: A very well made, and super helpful extension! I can't believe it took me this long to find something like this.
- (2020-03-14) Bob Gately: WOW! I've been praying for an extension just like this. I'm so happy to have found this and look forward to never having to scroll through a banal blog again.
- (2020-03-14) Peter Tran: Love it!! Feature request: The pop up window is always centered and 50% the width of the page. It is possible to make that configurable? I prefer it to be like 90 or 100%. I zoom in on recipes while cooking so I can read it while moving around. When I zoom in the text wraps making the full recipe less visible Thank you! I wish I found this years ago!
- (2020-03-05) Peter Lofland: It's very useful & saves me time! It streamlines all the information I need & cuts out all the fluff paragraphs.
- (2019-12-21) C M: Sick of having to read the entire first half of the old testament every time you look up a recipe for biscuits? This fixes that.
- (2019-12-19) Clay Wolery: Does exactly what you want it to do and it has worked consistently across pretty much every recipe site I have visited. The perfect extension for home cooks!
- (2019-12-04) Matt Scott: I always knew I needed this in my life and here it is. Thank you!!!!
- (2019-11-27) Anthony DeGeorge: works at described. it's great
- (2019-11-04) Fran: now i don't have to read through Karen's long explanation about how much her children LOVED the beef stroganoff she made.
- (2019-10-03) Kathryn Wheeler: Great app. Cuts out all the unnecessary waffle from bloggers before the recipe at the end of the page. Brings the app to the front of the page in a box so you can easily see whether it's one you want to use. Highly recommended.
- (2019-10-01) Carlee Clingwall: This is amazing, a complete game changer when searching for a recipe. Feels great skipping the life story of every idiot with a blog.
- (2019-09-06) Megan Powell: Life changing. No more scrolling through a longgggg blog post about someone's great aunt just to find the recipe at the bottom of the page. It works perfectly! Thank you for creating this!!
- (2019-08-03) Noxxeh: Absolutely essential browser extension for me to view any sort of recipe on a website. Makes easy to grab recipes and instructions for me to save as a pdf and reference later.
- (2019-07-10) Vaelophis Nyx: WOrks flawlessly on most websites. No more reading how Karen's wedding brought this recipe to her through her uncle's brother's cousin's grandfather's roommate's family, and why it will change your life
- (2019-07-08) Liam Sinestra: It's able to for the most part detect whether it needs to highlight a recipe or not with few exceptions on certain sites. When it does know to highlight a recipe it does so in a pop up overlaying the site.
- (2019-06-24) Brett Woofter: oh my goodness I forgot I installed this thing and I went as usual to find a recipe for the evening and BAM you guys are the SH*znit let me tell you a hearty thanks you're doing God's work. I'm gonna click through your banners all the time lol
- (2019-05-26) Matthew Vaughters: 10/10 BEST INVENTION EVER Now I don't have to worry about how Emma has her dress rehearsal coming up and how Bobby has a game, and we don't have time to prep for supper, LAWD BLESS MAMA AND I NEED A GLASS OF WINE stories. We are hungry, just want a recipe. Thanks u/fancy_pantser!
- (2019-04-13) Desiree Gibson: Didn't work on literally any site care about (https://sproutedkitchen.com, https://smittenkitchen.com and a few more) heard good things and wish I could have made it work
- (2019-04-09) Geoff King: Get This Extension, now! It will save you from unnecessary frustration, and protect your valuable time.
- (2019-04-07) Strife J: Thank you so much! Can get jsut the recipe without the stories.
- (2019-03-17) Daniel Bush: This works on most of the cooking blogs I read - for the most part I really don't care much about the blogger's comments and it's a great way of getting past all that.
- (2019-03-14) Andrea Chen: This is amazing! Thank you so much! Saves me so much time. Any plans for Chrome on Android? (No pressure!)
- (2019-03-04) James Sharp: Absolute game changer. Cannot tell you how many recipes I've never made because I'd rather find another recipe than bother scrolling past the obnoxiously long attempt at food writing by some third-rate 'influencer'.
- (2019-03-01) Trey L.: Whoever made this is 9000 IQ
- (2023-03-01, v:0.3) Mona Winn: NO RISE CHEESE, HERB BREAD.... WHAT HERBS DO YOU PUT IN THIS BREAD????
WHAT HERBS DO YOU PUT IN THIS BREAD????
- (2022-07-15, v:0.3) Adam Reusche: Hellofresh Support
I love your extension. You are doing God's work. Could you add support for Hellofresh's website? https://www.hellofresh.com/recipes/ They intentionally make it difficult to get the recipes off of their page in a printable format. Thank you so much!
- (2022-05-14, v:0.3) Aaron moss: getting the roboform download
can't seem to get the download.
- (2022-05-12, v:0.3) Gene Roseberry: dark mode
I use Dark Reader to make most of the web much darker, but the recipe popup doesn't get the dark treatment. Is that something you could fix? Or Dark Reader? Or am I just stuck?
- (2022-05-11, v:0.3) Aaron moss: How do I download roboform to my chromebook?
I have been on chromebook but havenot found the download for roboform?
- (2021-03-22, v:0.3) Karina J: A few websites where the extension doesn't work
Found a few sites this recipe filter doesn't work with. Any chance you could add them so it would work? https://www.heyketomama.com https://www.delish.com https://www.maebells.com https://thatlowcarblife.com Thanks! and love the extension idea.
- (2021-01-25, v:0.3) Lorelei S: Chrome Recipe Filter
I'm having an issue when I close a recipe in Chrome, I'm unable to click on any other links in the page. I have to do a hard refresh to be able to surf through the page. It didn't use to behave this way. I'm not seeing any pages it is working correctly with. It pops up fine and all the features work though.
- (2020-09-16, v:0.3) Christopher Pitt: Re-run option
Hi, Great add-on but have a suggestion. Because it pops up straight away I normally close so I can read the page and determine if I want the recipe but then I can't get it to re-run (including on refresh). Could an option to do this manually be added?
- (2020-02-04, v:0.2) Sean Dalton: Frame Width
I absolutely love this extension and it is making my life so much easier. My one suggestion is about maybe adding a setting about frame width for the displayed recipe. I sometimes use my Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 as a tablet, and being able to set the extension to use a larger percentage of the display width when in portrait mode would be an amazing addition!
- (2020-01-26, v:0.2) Jack: Blacklist doesn't have an option to add sites
- (2019-11-20, v:0.2) Suzanne Vanveer: how do I add extentions
how do I add extentions when I am getting a recipe??/
- (2019-09-22, v:0.2) Victoria Parks: doesn't work on this recipe
- (2019-09-09, v:0.2) Kari Larche: Not able to scroll
Hi when Recipe Filter is enabled, I'm not able to scroll down to read further instructions. Thanks so much!
- (2019-09-04, v:0.2) dianne Estock-Annen: doesn't work on this site
- (2019-08-26, v:0.2) Dylan Knoll: Hasn't been working
Hasn't been working on any recipe site for the past 1-2 weeks. Not sure if it's interfering with another extension.
- (2019-05-05, v:0.2) Fujimora Pantsu: Does not work on www.loveandoliveoil.com and www.theartfulappetite.com
Does not work on www.loveandoliveoil.com and www.theartfulappetite.com
- (2019-04-09, v:0.2) Geoff King: I'm not sure how to review your extension
Hey! Your extension rocks! Literally the best extension I've found for chrome (I mean adblocker is cool, but there have been issues). I wanted to leave you a 5 star review, but couldn't figure out how. I've never reviewed an extension before. Your's was the first one that I was that impressed with. I will continue to figure out how to leave you a 5 star review, but if you have any advice let me know. I've shared the link on my facebook, and if there is anything else I can do to help let me know. I appreciate all your work so much, and thought you should know! If you were close by, I would literally bring you cookies that I was able to cook 30 minutes faster because I didn't have to read a novel (thanks to google algorithms). Awesome extension! Thank you for putting it together!
- (2019-03-09, v:0.2) Matt Yates: wordpress recipe formatting in the Filter
https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pepperoni-pizza-burgers/ for example. The text is all just a big hunk of text without formatting. The actual recipe at the bottom is pretty well contained and formatted. Thanks for a great extension.
- (2019-03-01, v:0.2) Jordan Yaruss: Any chance this can be made to work on skinnytaste.com?
Love the idea of this extension!
- (2018-12-12, v:0.2) Adam Schumacher: Onceuponachef.com
Extension doesn't detect recipie at https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/potato-leek-soup.html Thanks!