This extension will detect recipes on any page you visit and will highlight them at the top of the page. Easy! No more hunting for…
This extension will detect recipes on any page you visit and will highlight them at the top of the page. Easy! No more hunting for the actual recipe when you visit a long-winded food blog! You can turn it off for specific sites if you find it's not needed and edit the blacklist under "Options" when you right-click the RecipeFilter icon in your toolbar. This is an open source project: https://github.com/sean-public/RecipeFilter
- (2020-03-22) Chris Glazier: Good looking out
- (2020-03-20) Sherri Lynette: I've been using this for about a year now. I absolutely love it!
- (2020-03-17) Emilee Richards: A very well made, and super helpful extension! I can't believe it took me this long to find something like this.
- (2020-03-14) Bob Gately: WOW! I've been praying for an extension just like this. I'm so happy to have found this and look forward to never having to scroll through a banal blog again.
- (2020-03-14) Peter Tran: Love it!! Feature request: The pop up window is always centered and 50% the width of the page. It is possible to make that configurable? I prefer it to be like 90 or 100%. I zoom in on recipes while cooking so I can read it while moving around. When I zoom in the text wraps making the full recipe less visible Thank you! I wish I found this years ago!
- (2020-03-05) Peter Lofland: It's very useful & saves me time! It streamlines all the information I need & cuts out all the fluff paragraphs.
- (2019-12-21) C M: Sick of having to read the entire first half of the old testament every time you look up a recipe for biscuits? This fixes that.
- (2019-12-19) Clay Wolery: Does exactly what you want it to do and it has worked consistently across pretty much every recipe site I have visited. The perfect extension for home cooks!
- (2019-12-04) Matt Scott: I always knew I needed this in my life and here it is. Thank you!!!!
- (2019-11-27) Anthony DeGeorge: works at described. it's great
- (2019-11-04) Fran: now i don't have to read through Karen's long explanation about how much her children LOVED the beef stroganoff she made.
- (2019-10-03) Kathryn Wheeler: Great app. Cuts out all the unnecessary waffle from bloggers before the recipe at the end of the page. Brings the app to the front of the page in a box so you can easily see whether it's one you want to use. Highly recommended.
- (2019-10-01) Carlee Clingwall: This is amazing, a complete game changer when searching for a recipe. Feels great skipping the life story of every idiot with a blog.
- (2019-09-06) Megan Powell: Life changing. No more scrolling through a longgggg blog post about someone's great aunt just to find the recipe at the bottom of the page. It works perfectly! Thank you for creating this!!
- (2019-08-03) Noxxeh: Absolutely essential browser extension for me to view any sort of recipe on a website. Makes easy to grab recipes and instructions for me to save as a pdf and reference later.
- (2019-07-10) Vaelophis Nyx: WOrks flawlessly on most websites. No more reading how Karen's wedding brought this recipe to her through her uncle's brother's cousin's grandfather's roommate's family, and why it will change your life
- (2019-07-08) Liam Sinestra: It's able to for the most part detect whether it needs to highlight a recipe or not with few exceptions on certain sites. When it does know to highlight a recipe it does so in a pop up overlaying the site.
- (2019-06-24) Brett Woofter: oh my goodness I forgot I installed this thing and I went as usual to find a recipe for the evening and BAM you guys are the SH*znit let me tell you a hearty thanks you're doing God's work. I'm gonna click through your banners all the time lol
- (2019-05-26) Matthew Vaughters: 10/10 BEST INVENTION EVER Now I don't have to worry about how Emma has her dress rehearsal coming up and how Bobby has a game, and we don't have time to prep for supper, LAWD BLESS MAMA AND I NEED A GLASS OF WINE stories. We are hungry, just want a recipe. Thanks u/fancy_pantser!
- (2019-04-13) Desiree Gibson: Didn't work on literally any site care about (https://sproutedkitchen.com, https://smittenkitchen.com and a few more) heard good things and wish I could have made it work
- (2019-04-09) Geoff King: Get This Extension, now! It will save you from unnecessary frustration, and protect your valuable time.
- (2019-04-07) Strife J: Thank you so much! Can get jsut the recipe without the stories.
- (2019-03-17) Daniel Bush: This works on most of the cooking blogs I read - for the most part I really don't care much about the blogger's comments and it's a great way of getting past all that.
- (2019-03-14) Andrea Chen: This is amazing! Thank you so much! Saves me so much time. Any plans for Chrome on Android? (No pressure!)
- (2019-03-04) James Sharp: Absolute game changer. Cannot tell you how many recipes I've never made because I'd rather find another recipe than bother scrolling past the obnoxiously long attempt at food writing by some third-rate 'influencer'.
- (2020-02-04, v:0.2) Sean Dalton: Frame Width
I absolutely love this extension and it is making my life so much easier. My one suggestion is about maybe adding a setting about frame width for the displayed recipe. I sometimes use my Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 as a tablet, and being able to set the extension to use a larger percentage of the display width when in portrait mode would be an amazing addition!
- (2020-01-26, v:0.2) Jack: Blacklist doesn't have an option to add sites
- (2019-11-20, v:0.2) Suzanne Vanveer: how do I add extentions
how do I add extentions when I am getting a recipe??/
- (2019-09-22, v:0.2) Victoria Parks: doesn't work on this recipe
- (2019-09-09, v:0.2) Kari Larche: Not able to scroll
Hi when Recipe Filter is enabled, I'm not able to scroll down to read further instructions. Thanks so much!
- (2019-09-04, v:0.2) Dianne Estock-Annen: doesn't work on this site
- (2019-08-26, v:0.2) Dylan Knoll: Hasn't been working
Hasn't been working on any recipe site for the past 1-2 weeks. Not sure if it's interfering with another extension.
- (2019-05-05, v:0.2) deygotwingsnow fujimorapantsu: Does not work on www.loveandoliveoil.com and www.theartfulappetite.com
Does not work on www.loveandoliveoil.com and www.theartfulappetite.com
- (2019-04-09, v:0.2) Geoff King: I'm not sure how to review your extension
Hey! Your extension rocks! Literally the best extension I've found for chrome (I mean adblocker is cool, but there have been issues). I wanted to leave you a 5 star review, but couldn't figure out how. I've never reviewed an extension before. Your's was the first one that I was that impressed with. I will continue to figure out how to leave you a 5 star review, but if you have any advice let me know. I've shared the link on my facebook, and if there is anything else I can do to help let me know. I appreciate all your work so much, and thought you should know! If you were close by, I would literally bring you cookies that I was able to cook 30 minutes faster because I didn't have to read a novel (thanks to google algorithms). Awesome extension! Thank you for putting it together!
- (2019-03-09, v:0.2) Matt Yates: wordpress recipe formatting in the Filter
https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pepperoni-pizza-burgers/ for example. The text is all just a big hunk of text without formatting. The actual recipe at the bottom is pretty well contained and formatted. Thanks for a great extension.
- (2019-03-01, v:0.2) Jordan Yaruss: Any chance this can be made to work on skinnytaste.com?
Love the idea of this extension!
- (2018-12-12, v:0.2) Adam Schumacher: Onceuponachef.com
Extension doesn't detect recipie at https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/potato-leek-soup.html Thanks!