Collect web pages, places, screenshots, PDF-documents and bookmarks as plain local files.
What is TagSpaces? - A web content scraper, capturing the content as local file in HTML and MHTML file formats or taking a screenshot of the visible tab area in PNG format. Key features: - Saving the content of the current tab as MHTML file - Saving the content of the current tab as HTML embedding the references images - Saving the content of the current selection as HTML embedding the references images - Taking a screenshot of the current tab as PNG file TagSpaces is available for free as desktop application for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and also as Firefox Addon. There are also free Android and iOS apps.
- (2017-11-29) Carlos Torres: Es un poco difícil de configurar el path
- (2017-08-09) Mark Huang: Tagging files is not allowed.
- (2017-05-02) Very cool way to browser self-hosted notes, files and bookmarks. But I wish they add the ability to add cloud bookmarking services too.
- (2016-01-14) Omega Nine: Doesn't work on Linux. "The desired path could not be opened."
- (2015-10-18) Leo Staley: really enjoying this app. hopefully may turn out better than evernote.
- (2015-04-22) Leo Melo: The app is very nice and useful, but the extension cant edit tagging. If they improve a little bit, it will be my favorite extension.
- (2015-04-13) Trisha Fitts: I love using this App
- (2015-03-08) Axel Veil: Super Idee, einfache Umsetzung ueber mehrere Plattformen: Sehr nuetzlich!
- (2014-11-06) David Calderon: doesn't work on linux
- (2014-07-30) Will De Freitas: Great potential. Problem is that tags are written into the file name which is a big show stopper for me. If you share these files, the names are long and irrelevant to the other person. You also have to be careful with other applications which may not like filename format or length.
- (2014-05-11) Людмила Чупина: Extension has problems with cyrillic file/directory names on Windows 7
- (2014-03-05) Kiril Velichkov: Wonderful product, free and useful :)recommend
- (2014-03-05) Kiril Velichkov: I think the best offline file organizer.As of today TagSpaces supports more than 50 file types.100% free to use with Chrome Extension, Firefox Add-On, Android App and Mac OSX Application
- (2013-09-19) mladen Sapundshiev: This is an extremely useful extension and I would highly recommend it to basically anyone! Great for students and those who want to go back and review information. My sincere thanks goes out to the developers and those who made this extension possible!
- (2013-08-21) Vladimir Velikov: Make your documents easy to find by tagging them. By storing all the tagging data in the file names this app doesn't make you depend on it. It enables industry-standard file search quality without forcing you to upload your files to the cloud, which is becoming more and more valuable in the light of recent spying program leaks. Thanks for a great app and keep up the good work!
- (2018-06-10, v:2.12.0) paul maydaynight: a real file manager plugin required please
its seems odd you wont continue and expand this file manager when the whole world is clambering for a real midnight commander two pane that works inside any browser as a simple addon. perhaps you can make such ( or someone more experienced?) can make such a thing and perhaps even integrate it into great web addon applications like "duckieTV". personally im looking for an in browser based MC type file manager for use with "Openmediavault" as a base
- (2018-01-22, v:2.10.0) M D M: Launch Tagspaces button gone
Dear developer, Launch Tagspaces button gone. So I can't open the built-in file browser since yesterday (January 21). Can you check what happened? Thank you in advance. Kind regards, ModDM
- (2017-08-10, v:2.9.0) Google Drive
It seems not able to navigate to the "local" Google drive on Chromium OS
- (2017-05-02, v:2.8.0) Online services, Diigo, Delicious etc
I know it's self-hosting, but could you add some online services?
- (2017-01-25, v:2.6.4) NPAPI
are there any plans or possibilities of fixing the deprecated NPAPI? would love to get the r/w functionality on my chromebook. thanks
- (2016-12-21, v:2.6.1) M D M: Can not play WMA AUDIO
Unfortunately, because this is a very good extension, but a little bit disappointing that it says to be able to play audio, without supporting WMA. Wav is no problem, but WMA is not working. I hope there will be a solution soon. If this solution will come, I say thank you very much in advance to the developer(s).
- (2016-12-20, v:2.6.1) ElDanteDelAnte: Download Files Directly
It would be great if you could download files directly from a web page page rather than the entire page itself or just a screenshot thereof. Maybe make the extension give a "Download with TagSpaces" option whenever a user right-clicks something that normally gives a "save [type] as..." option, like how ad-blockers add a "block object" option to the right-click menu.