Double-click any image to download it quickly and quietly, or use the Hover Button.
Also available for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/double-click-image-download Download images directly via various interactions, including double-click, a hovering button with drag&drop support, and a hotkey. Includes the ability to rename downloaded images with patterns. Note: does not support resolving thumbnail links to full size images. Alt-click such links to use the browser's own link downloading ability. Please check the linked homepage for more complete information. Issues can be filed on the linked support site.
- (2021-06-14) Ethan Zwirner: Very good.
- (2021-04-04) Fabian Sosa Escalada: very handy, ideal to save images without losing time, it has all the options you need, plus the ones you imagine, and those you didn't expect. Very well done.
- (2021-03-30) Davi Bartav: That's very nice, but unfortunatelly it doesn't work on Instagram :( But I still really recomend
- (2021-03-08) M D: works good, wish there was a separate action to copy the image instead of saving, will be very beneficial to designers
- (2021-03-04) Five By Five: not working
- (2021-02-18) Omniscient: Me sale un error en la pagina de Pixiv.net.
- (2021-01-26) Wafa Taseeha: love it
- (2021-01-25) pikmin36: Awesome extension! Very useful when you need to quickly download lots of images.
- (2021-01-05) Shekhar Kumar: Download button is there on the upper right corner but invisible. Click on it and it saves img. Edit: I am uninstalling it as now it tries to save each pic in a separate folder websitewise. Edit 2: on Jan 5, 2021, I dont see it in Chrome context menue. reinstalled but no good.
- (2021-01-03) James Sparkes: Latest update has broken it, no right click context menu anymore.. used to work flawlessly for years.. now no idea what's going on, tried reinstalling and messing with the settings to no avail :(
- (2021-01-03) Rafif Adani: just recently i notice that the shortcut keys to download an image is removed from the extension. is this a bug or intentional?
- (2021-01-03) Don H.: Used to work perfect before whatever Chrome or extension update. I remember you can map the download over hover to just ONE key. Now it forces me to map the hotkey along side holding Shift and or Alt.
- (2021-01-01) Eric Mutta: Nicely done! You can set it to show an arrow next to the image you want then just click the arrow to download the image. Combined with the Shortkeys extension which allows you to close tabs with one key stroke, you can open a large number of image tabs, download each image using this extension then close the tab with Shortkeys - all with minimal hand movement. Highly recommended!
- (2020-11-13) Too Long Didn't Watch: It's good. Would be perfect if it worked on websites such as pixiv.net I get Failed - Forbidden error when I try to use it on there.
- (2020-10-05) powerfull and the best i can download images on all sites keep this gonig forever and ever
- (2020-07-02) Edson Tayrone: pra ficar ótimo falta uma traduçao para português.
- (2020-06-30) Petre Ikonomov: Simple, effective and very useful for pages that disable mouse right click.
- (2020-06-29) Yoso Esg: Why does it keep making the same folder name but just keeps adding number? anyone else having this kind of issue?
- (2020-03-22) Kong Natee: please port it to Microsoft edge(chromium)
- (2020-03-19) Mirai Hi: Only extension that can download image quickly and at the same time rename the image automatically using the different masks. The setup is as easy as it can be. Perfect.
- (2020-02-11) Michael Craig: It doesn't work in https://www.dcinside.com/ For example, if i double-click a picture in https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=armpit&no=40998&page=1 here, an error that makes this tool not operated appears. Please, fix it.
- (2020-02-11) Philip Perilla: after update the pressing shiftkey shortcut doesnt work anymore what did you do marnes
- (2020-01-19) CP S: Finally, a photo saver that's simple, quick, and WORKS. I've tried several photo downloaders in Chrome, and this one simply works out of the box. I've chosen to use "SHIFT"+LEFT CLICK so there are no conflicts with other addons, and it's fast, and it's saved. NOTE: The download folder is chosen by the browser, not by the add-on. You can, however, choose to "rename" each clicked photo in the add-on's options.
- (2020-01-12) fluffy hair: Love this !
- (2020-01-10) Hosa: finally.. a usefull, fully functional chrome extension..
- (2019-12-29) NiackZ: Супер плагин! То что искал!
- (2019-12-11) Alex Supremo: The SAVE button wasn't displayed... Because I enabled "Require SHIFT to be pressed". But if I disable that feature, the button works as expected. Good extension.
- (2019-10-24) Arya: Request: Double click does not work on SVG please do something for it, BTW great product, Time saver.
- (2019-10-11) Sandra Gui: Obrigado ao criador desta extensão. Só que penei para entender como instalar. Mas, consegui.
- (2019-10-10) Phuong Tran: Quite good extensions. However, there are some red in the dev tool panel. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getBoundingClientRect' of null at offset (content.js:226) at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (content.js:244) Happen when you scroll up and down (leave focus on the image) in some pages that have images there like Facebook, Google images,... Please fix it! Thanks!
- (2019-08-24) Renzs: NICE!!
- (2019-08-13) Gabor Müller: works!
- (2019-07-18) Rakib Hassan: Great extension
- (2019-06-29) Matthew Berrios: As a chromebook user, right clicking an image and choosing "save as" will slowly load up the files window and sometimes it takes a while to load up, all just to save a single image. This extension completely mitigates that and just downloads the image immediately. I love this!
- (2019-06-24) Stephen S: Anyone having trouble with this using the latest chrome? Double clicking doesn't do anything.
- (2019-03-27) Агxмфп8шWo6КFаOцэъ H2рiuЖИЧjжtюTдtsIн: 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999+/10
- (2019-01-27) Семен Второй: Хороший плагин.
- (2018-09-23) MisterO: it works on every site when using the doubleclick or the hove button, one is always working for me so far! good job!
- (2018-08-16) Николай Жирнов: Just perfect. Thank you! <3
- (2018-08-12) Shaer Alvy Aumi: Very easy to use, much helpful.... Thanks :)
- (2018-08-07) Raj: Thats what I really neede. Instead of right clicking and save image as Just click on the Image This extension will download the image.
- (2018-07-29) Vital_net Vital_net: Perfect for saving images reference, with renaming feature.
- (2018-07-28) AGM Center: NICE
- (2018-07-26) City 348: Very nice one click save of almost any image.
- (2018-07-12) Ta Da: Wish it have one right click save option
- (2018-07-02) Pablo Almeida: Ótima extensão mas não funciona na página inicial do Facebook Great but don't work on facebook timeline
- (2018-05-30) el ellegun: first one click save image app that realy works in chrome, thanx
- (2018-05-27) Lily Andian: great one 1 click auto save
- (2018-04-08) 이주렬: 아주 좋아요 옵션으로 그림 모서리부분에 다운로드버튼 생기게 하는게 있는데 더블클릭보다 그거 누르는게 더 편함
- (2018-03-22) Star Hopes: i like it but i wish you could tell it where to go like pre set up what folder in settings so it goes to my pics and not to download folder.
- (2021-06-12, v:7.1.2) Marc Nix: Double-Click and Close
Just a small suggestion since I'm trying the app out; I'd like an option to close the image after I've double-clicked it, as I usually don't need the image anymore in the browser once I've taken it to work with offline. If that could be a feature in the Options settings, that could be helpful? Thanks!
- (2021-06-11, v:7.1.2) Bank: Help
How do I stop it from asking me where to download the pic?
- (2021-05-29, v:7.1.2) whatohyou01: please support middle mouse button to download
please support middle mouse button to download
- (2021-04-10, v:7.1.1) rolf neumann: error installing
hello, is something wrong with Chrome Web Store or your image downloader, i keep getting error “Failed - Network Error” despite latest Chrome on latest macOS. thank you
- (2021-03-20, v:7.1.1) Pete Wood: Conflict with Malwarebytes?
Get error message "This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Malwarebytes Browser Guard) determined a different filename ""."
- (2021-02-11, v:7.1.1) E. P.: middle click
Mouse button download trigger: single left / double left / single right / double right. Where is middle click?? This is the most convenient way to save - imho.
- (2021-02-08, v:7.1.1) 植田耀介: Cannot be used on certain sites.
On certain sites, it will be saved as an html file.
- (2021-01-06, v:7.1.0) blade dark: hot key is gone
why hot key is gone?
- (2021-01-05, v:7.1.0) Amit Agarwal: Clashing with another extension
Hi I am facing the issue while downloading the image. It was crashing the RegExp Download Organizer (oamembonjndgangicfphlckkdmagpjlg). Please provide the option to disable/enable the inbuilt download manager. Thanks in advance
- (2021-01-04, v:7.1.0) Rafif Adani: Shortcut Keys to Download an Image is Gone.
previously, in the option you can set a shortcut keys like whether you want to hold ctrl or shift and keyboard's key to download an image. somehow, such feature is gone in the extension. is this removed intentionally? thank you
- (2020-12-15, v:7.0.0) Luis Santos: I can't change the options.
The long option box hasn't a OK/Confirm button at the end. I'm just closing but my changes aren't persistent.
- (2020-11-17, v:7.0.0) Black Passport Stamps: Download Original Sized Image?
Hey, so when I double click and download an image, it's saved as a smaller image size than the original. Is there a way to change the settings to download the original size? Thanks
- (2020-11-13, v:7.0.0) Too Long Didn't Watch: Pixiv.net Problem
Could you maybe look into pixiv.net? I get a forbidden failed download error. Maybe some security on their end? Could you please check and add support? Love
- (2020-08-29, v:7.0.0) Overeactive: destination folder
is there a way to set destination folder that isnt in Downloads?
- (2020-06-29, v:7.0.0) Yoso Esg: Creating multiple folders with the same name
Hi I'd like to know why is it creating multiple folders with the same name Example if I save from facebook first creates a facebook folder which is what I want but then it randomly creates (1)facebook, (2)facebook and saves the files there instead of the original facebook folder
- (2020-06-01, v:7.0.0) Sibbo: Saving images to different paths
Hi, i think this addon is pretty neat, but i think it lacks an option to choose a different path for the images to be saved to.
- (2020-04-05, v:7.0.0) Andy Page: Save Link As on Hover
Hi, Love the extension. I was wondering if you would be able to extend this to also to a "Save Link As" eg On this site http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/outlander/gallery5/gallery14/gallery.htm it has small thumbnails. The thumbs link to the large ones. The current extension will download the small thumbnail. It would be great to have a 2nd Hotkey that will do the equivilant of Save Link As. Hope I've explained myself.
- (2020-03-24, v:7.0.0) Feng Pan: Cannot download App Store icons
Hi there! Thank you very much for developing this extension! It saved my life when I download pictures. One thing I'd like to report is that I didn't find a way to download app icons from the iOS App Store pages. Did I miss anything in the settings? Or if there's anything can be improved, hope my feedback helps :) All the best, Feng
- (2020-03-05, v:7.0.0) Deviate: Can't get the renaming feature to work.
No idea whats going on, but on chrome, no matter what variables or where i put / I can't get the auto-renaming feature to work. It worked fine until a few months ago. Any ideas?
- (2020-03-03, v:7.0.0) Rajiv Mittal: copy paste option
instead it download ,can you make new extension its copy the img url ?? and we can use it as need
- (2020-01-17, v:6.1.2) smietnik: Only Hover Button
How to disable double click? I want only hover button.
- (2020-01-08, v:6.1.2) Renzs: new update bug
anything i click with left mouse button on website auto downloads wrong image arrow location bug. can u fix this or reverse this update? thank you
- (2019-12-02, v:6.1.1) Vishna Patel: Different folders
It has started creating different folders within the download folder as opposed to saving them all in the selected folder. How do I change this?
- (2019-10-10, v:6.1.0) Phuong Tran: Bug in content.js
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getBoundingClientRect' of null at offset (content.js:226) at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (content.js:244) Happen when I stay in Facebook images page for several minutes. Please fix it! Thanks!
- (2019-08-31, v:6.1.0) aan vanzaris: Hover button doesn't appear
The hover button is the only feature that makes me use this extension but recently it doesn't appear most of the time
- (2019-07-31, v:6.1.0) Juan D'Marco: The extension suddenly stopped working
As the title says. For the record, I use Opera.
- (2019-02-14, v:6.1.0) Auto Save to Downloads
I realise that you can't change the target folder and that's fine, but would it be possible to add an option to download directly to the downloads folder without the Save As dialog appearing? (similar to Safari's "Save Image to Downloads" option)
- (2018-11-06, v:6.1.0) Segfaults when downloading
I have installed this extension on Vivaldi on Linux and used it for a long time. Since the update to 2.1.1337.36 (Chromium engine 70), it segfaults every time I try to download. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it still fails.
- (2018-10-09, v:6.1.0) Андрей Андрей: compatibility issue
hello. compatibility issue. This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Chrono Download Manager) determined a different filename "D094_AI_Suite_II_ROG_UM.zip". http://dl3.joxi.net/drive/2018/10/09/0017/2250/1157322/22/092ac1b108.png
- (2018-07-29, v:6.1.0) Vital_net Vital_net: Renaming fail
Dear developer, I noticed the renaming and subfolder feature fail when trying to rename with a pipe character "|". It is sometime used in %title%. Thank you for this great extension, It help me to gather photo references. Have a nice day.
- (2018-06-29, v:6.1.0) soporte para imágenes .gif
Antes podía descargar imagenes GIF con esta extensión y ahora ya no, era perfecto. arreglen eso por favor.
- (2018-04-23, v:6.0.2) Diego Avesani: counter
Dear developer, I have noticed that in current version of the Downloader is not possible to set the counter start. Could you add this feature? It was very useful in the old version of the add-on. (I ask again because probably I have missed the answare)
- (2018-04-15, v:6.0.2) Eric Rose: Options Menu
The options menu goes off the bottom of the screen. Ive attempted changing resolution/zoom/scaling and the only way to get it to adjust is to zoom WAY out. At about 25% it has the scrollbars, but at this zoom it just glitches out. My hover button used to be in the center, now it is at the top. This puts the hover button inside a frame, making it inaccessible and therefore useless. Great product except for this. Thank you for your time.