Archive, delete, mark as spam, read and unread your Gmail™ messages with just one click with these inline Gmail™ actions.
This is a very simple extension: It optionally places an "archive", "delete", "mark as read/unread" or "mark as spam" button next to each message in your Gmail™ inbox. Now you can archive, delete, mark as read or mark as spam any message with just one click. ==== What it does ==== It triggers the normal Gmail™ action, nothing else. So it does exactly what you already expect from Gmail™: - the message is removed from the inbox list, - you can click the standard Gmail™ "undo" message, and - it can still be found via search and your tags (for archive), or in your "Bin" folder (for delete - until permanently deleted) ==== Why is this Helpful? ===== 1. LESS CLICKS Normally from your Inbox, you have to either right-click, select, or open a message before it can be archived or deleted. Actions for Gmail™ reduces two (or more) clicks to one. 2. LESS CONFUSION Next, you would have to click the "archive" or "delete" button at the top of your inbox, or from the message window. Now you've been distracted from sorting through your message list, and probably lost track of where you were up to. Instead, you just "archive" or "delete" right there in the inbox list, without losing your place. 3. MAINTAIN YOUR SELECTION When sorting through your Inbox, you might select messages as you go. Now when you "archive" or "delete" a message, you stay right in your inbox list and all your existing selections are preserved. ==== Why Archive? ===== Archiving is the first and most important step in getting organised and keeping your email under control. Read more from our blog here: http://www.rightfile.com.au/blog/why-archive-your-email/ ==== Privacy ==== We know this is your email, not ours. All the processing for our extension happens on your computer. We never see any of your information. None of your messages. Not your name or email address. Nothing. And we will never email you unless you contact us and provide those details. We will never pass on your details to another party. ==== Advertising and Trial Limitations ==== There is currently no 3rd party advertising or feature limitations imposed on this free trial. In future, there may be a fee for use. ==== Updates ==== We are quick to respond to Gmail™ changes. Google™ sometimes updates Gmail™, which can "break" an extension like ours. We take pride in responding very quickly with a fix so all our users stay happy. ==== What People are Saying ==== "OMG. I've been looking for something like this forever ... awesome awesome awesome." 5 stars - Tyler Waitt - 13/5/2013 ==== Other Extensions ==== The following Chrome™ extensions for Gmail™ have been tested to work with Actions for Gmail™: - Checker Plus for Gmail™ - notifications: http://goo.gl/Dwj8M - Any.DO: to-do / task list: http://goo.gl/EwsOU - Boomerang for Gmail™: send or return messages later: http://goo.gl/VayLn - Powerbot for Gmail™ (paid): file messages to Evernote: http://goo.gl/vSffX - WiseStamp signatures: http://goo.gl/v2JeK - Attachments.me - from Drive, DropBox: http://goo.gl/pCNSI - Send from Gmail™ - makes gmail default and quick sharing button - http://goo.gl/kNtE5u - Mymail-Crypt for Gmail™ - send secure PGP messages - http://goo.gl/WLxtd9 Read more at our website: http://www.rightfile.com.au/actions-for-gmail/ ==== Acknowledgements ==== Google, Chrome and Gmail are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2021-03-22) Vinayak SP: NOT WORKING... any alternative for this?
- (2021-01-27) stefano laguzzi: Ma è stata pensata per funzionare o per fare uno scherzetto da mattacchioni??
- (2018-09-10) Terzilio Mancinelli: PRIMA FUNZIONAVA BENE Dopo l aggiornamento di GMAIL NON FUNZIONA PIU !!!!!!
- (2018-08-27) Matt Gerchow: Was one of my favorites... now it just blinks when you click one of the buttons... can't wait til they fix!! DEVELOPER... if you're reading this, I'll purchase this IP from you.
- (2018-07-25) David Yancey: Great while it worked. At Chrome 66+, it no longer works. You have to right-click ad choose your action. No longer the shortcut that I wanted. It's useless and developer has done nothing.
- (2018-06-19) Kim Koteles: the one click function is not working. unintstalling it.
- (2018-06-08) Bill Haas: the new version of gmail has the features built in. that is why the developer no longer supporting. http://www.businessinsider.com/google-new-gmail-release-timeline-2018-6
- (2018-06-07) Pascal Degut: doesn't work anymore since May25th and developer isn't reachable
- (2018-06-06) William McCluskey: As stated by many others, actions have stopped working.
- (2018-06-01) Not working anymore. Bummer.
- (2018-05-31) Extension no longer works. It hasn't been updated for over 3 years, so it may never be fixed.
- (2018-05-29) Jorge Rojas: No està funcionando desde hace un mes aprox.
- (2018-05-28) Used to work perfectly. STopped working 1 week ago. :-(
- (2018-05-28) Benjamin BELANGER: A very good extension, but didn't work since few days....why ? Please repair it :-)
- (2018-05-27) Ron Davis: Great tool
- (2018-05-03) Matt Trifiro: OMG, OMG, OMG. I love it. LOVE it. Please add one more icon to "Remove label" when viewing by label. This is the only easy way to "archive" from a folder/label.
- (2017-10-02) Joao Bortone: great extension, but sometimes it stops working for no reason.
- (2017-07-03) Create an icon, on each mail, as a shortcut for the actions Gmail already has, but make it faster to use.
- (2017-06-01) wade neumann: now if only an 'unsubscribe' was there! Been using it for years, and hate gmail without it!
- (2017-03-30) Faisal Nahri: The Archive button works in Inbox, but not in custom Gmail labels. I hope the developers can fix it. Otherwise a great extension.
- (2017-03-06) Andreas Kaasi: Exactly what I needed to boost my productivity in GMail!
- (2016-12-07) Jess: GREAT simple solution for keeping my inbox clean. Don't know why Google doesn't add this feature. Thanks!
- (2016-11-11) Drew Delaware: This has saved me lots of time - the archive button is a great addition!
- (2016-08-09) Walt Mayo: Awesome! Only problem is having to reinstall it fairly often.
- (2016-06-07) Sanket B.: This is great, only if it was possible to mark as read and archive. Hope that comes soon.
- (2015-10-23) Steven Stockton: Seems to work, but conflicts with "Toolbar Colors and Labels for Gmail™" chrome-extension://lpleipinonnoibneeejgjnoeekmbopbc/popup.html# The labels added by the other extension get layered with the text of the first part of the sender's name, making it hard to read. So, at the moment, these extensions are mutually exclusive.
- (2015-09-13) Ph. Michelus: Love it! But it crashes rather often. Have to reload it every other day...
- (2015-03-31) Andrè Gallard: Excelente, lo que faltaba para borrar mas rapido correos o spam.
- (2020-02-04, v:0.1.19) Nathan Ganser: Acquire Business
Hello, We're interested in acquiring this Chrome Extension. Please contact us at [email protected] if you're interested :) Cheers,
- (2018-08-18, v:0.1.19) Jason D: I really don't like google's way of doing it.
I really don't like google's way of doing it. It's not intuitive to have the hover menu on the far right side of the list. I don't understand why if you are reading on the left side, why you would put the menu on the right side. I hope "Actions" gets updated soon.
- (2018-08-09, v:0.1.19) douglas carley: broken...
i loved this extension but it's been broken since the gmail update. any plans on fixing it?
- (2018-07-23, v:0.1.19) Abi Fields: Is this broken?
App no longer works. Cannot use any of the actions. Will you be updating the actions?
- (2018-07-14, v:0.1.19) Christian M. Grube: Does not work anymore
The Extensions does not work anymore in Gmail. did you plan an update or is it finally dead ?
- (2018-07-06, v:0.1.19) C Rojas: Is Actions for Gmail (Beta) still working?
Hi. Your app (Actions for Gmail (Beta)) used to work fine but suddenly it does not work any longer. Is this still working? Thanks. Claudio
- (2018-07-04, v:0.1.19) Harold L Parsley Jr: retrieving archived email?
how to open archived email
- (2018-06-13, v:0.1.19) Marcio Franco: new gMail resolves this
As Bill noted below the new gmail has these feature and its practically IDENTICAL! try out the new gMail layout at least until this is fixed or the developer anounces a possible fix.
- (2018-06-11, v:0.1.19) Stopped
i loved it, but stop to works.
- (2018-06-08, v:0.1.19) Bill Haas: the new gmail has the features
http://www.businessinsider.com/google-new-gmail-release-timeline-2018-6 The new version of gmail which I was just prompted to try today has the features the action for gmail offered. that is why the developer is probably not updating
- (2018-06-07, v:0.1.19) Benni Björnsson: Why does your nice ext not work any more?
What is it within windows 10 pro which makes your extension not work. Or is this because of upgrades within some other application I´m using? I think we just have to figure this out to be able to prevent things like this to happen again. Pleas send me questions to [email protected] and I´d be glad to help.