You get a desktop notification while your downloading finished.
It's now open-sourced. https://github.com/ehaagwlke/download-notifier ********** V0.0.5 I get the time to make the 'play a sound when download finished' feature configurable. And you also can decide whether the default download shelf should display or not (though I prefer NOT). Another change is, there will be more than one notification card displayed. All things now could be configured via options page. ********** V0.0.4 Here comes three new things: 1. The "Open" button now can be used 2. While one download finished, it would play a sound (not configurable for now) 3. The icon would be visible even if you are using a pure black theme and one more thing (might be buggy): - sometimes Chrome thought the file downloaded would be harmful, once this happened, this extension will prompt to ask for your confirmation, and this will be done on the chrome://downloads page. And, this feature might be buggy, if you encounter any problem, contact or email me. Thank you. ********** This extension does two things: 1. Disabled the download shelf. Yes, I personally do not like it. So when I get the change, I just disabled it. You will get a badge while something is downloading. Sorry no progress bar available for now. 2. Display a desktop notification when your downloading finished, and you could find it by one simple click. TODO(May be implemented in future, may not): 1. An animated browser action icon which could show the downloading progress 2. A "OPEN" button on the notification card -- depends on whether Google would allow me to do so. [V0.0.4 added] 3. A popup shows all the downloads -- actually it was almost there, if there had not been some annoying bugs.
- (2020-02-19) Mike Manion: Used to be 5 stars, but lately it does not remember the user settings anymore! If you choose a sound for it to make when the download is finished, a couple days later that option will be unchecked again (so it no longer makes any sound). I've checked that option about 8 times in the past couple of weeks, because it always reverts back to unchecked after a day or two. Any plan to fix this?
- (2019-08-11) Je: Eu queria somente o aviso sonoro. Fica melhor se tiver a opção de selecionar apenas esta funcionalidade.
- (2019-01-01) حسين البابلي: جيد
- (2018-06-19) 伊吹明日海: 每隔一段時間就會一直跳一堆下載完成的提示，非得移除重裝，爛貨
- (2018-03-26) Leeroy: This extension is broken now, try Downloads Notification or AutoHideDownloadsBar
- (2018-03-06) Mousey S: I love this extension, but every time I open chrome, it creates tons and tons of repeats of the same file and I have to disable it and re-enable it to get rid of all the duplicates.
- (2017-12-30) François Lefèvre: J'ai toujours bien aimé cette extension. Je n'avais besoin que d'une notification et d'un son en + du système de tiroir de téléchargements de Google Chrome, et cette extension m'était bien utile pour ça. Seulement, c'est plein de bugs : bug connu, maintenant dans la notification on a l'icône du fichier précédemment téléchargé, donc pas la bonne icône ; les paramètres ne se conservent pas ; et surtout, depuis quelques jours, TOUS mes anciens téléchargements apparaissent en notification en même temps à chaque fois que j'ouvre Chrome, donc ça fait 30-40 DING qui saturent en même temps. Donc franchement, trop de bugs. En allant voir les fichiers de l'extension (car elle demande notamment des permissions de gestion des autres extensions, bizarre...), j'ai vu qu'elle n'a pas été codée très sérieusement car la moitié des fichiers sont d'anciennes fonctionnalités qui ont depuis été désactivées mais pas supprimées. Je passe à Download Notify de Quantum Web Solutions.
- (2017-12-18) MFRSYD: it start showing all notification for old downloaded files every time i open chromm... may be its a bug in update, please fix it
- (2017-07-09) Yann Rolland: Avant je n'avais aucun souci. depuis quelques temps une espèce de Pop-Up s'affiche "download notification" qui m'empêche de télécharger des fichiers qui sont sur. C'est extrêmement désagréable. Impossible de faire un réglage quelconque sauf erreur de ma part. J'ai fini par désinstallé. Je vous déconseille cette application
- (2017-06-13) Hao Q.: Awosome, I like it!
- (2017-02-18) Borax Karloff: It's OK but the sounds for notifying are annoying. It would be nice if the user could choose their own sounds.
- (2016-11-26) Rica Uy: can you please add a feature where it also notifies you when the download fails? thanks oh and please add more sound options :(
- (2016-11-23) Willard Wong: 下载提示有错误
- (2016-11-21) Adam Lithner: OK but could use a facelift (looks outdated in MacOS Sierra).
- (2016-09-27) Pulipuli Chen: 實用
- (2016-08-05) Piotr Paszkowski: No option to set customize sounds. Too bad.
- (2016-08-01) Vegan Pete: Used to hide the default chrome download shelf, now it doesn't. Recently started warning me that every download is dangerous, jpg, mpg, mp3 etc. Doesn't have the features it used to and the new features are useless and annoying so uninstalling.
- (2016-07-11) Riccardo Lastrico: was perfect but now i have bugs: the image is the one of the previous download and the notify "harmful download please check" appears without any reason
- (2016-06-23) Jesús Magallanes: Nice tool. If you need help with the spanish translation let me know. :)
- (2016-05-01) dweepjyoti pathak: great....image doesn't show preview in notification
- (2016-03-12) Tim Adams: This is exactly what Chrome should have built-in, but it occasionally loses its settings and I have to re-do them when I notice it's not making sounds anymore. :-/
- (2016-02-21) Marcelo V: After 1 month of use, now I´m having a problem. Every time that i make a dowload a popup open saying "chrome-extension:f/gdekiloeocnfnochnkldpkmllmfiaeke say: The file is considered harmful to your system. Go to Download page and check?" Whats the problem ? I would like to developer revise it because its a grea t app. Thanks
- (2016-01-19) Jay Gee: This extension is totally awesome. I would just request a new feature : could you please add a volume control slider for the notification sound. It's a bit loud when playing videos simultaneously.
- (2015-12-07) Ruben Japan: excellent attention thanks. Spanish Please...
- (2015-12-05) jd Li: good.
- (2019-10-03, v:0.0.5) Adam Galbraith: Terminal session
We have a client that is looking for a notification when downloading and this seems to fit the bill. The question is though will it work in a terminal server or is it local download only?
- (2018-06-24, v:0.0.5) Bharat Makhija: Disable notifications but keep sound.
Sometimes notifications are annoying. Having just the notification sound with notifications disabled would be a nice option to have.
- (2018-01-09, v:0.0.5) Andrey Kolosov: Infinite popups on restart
When I restart my PC and launch the browser, it keeps popping up endless download notifications, and kills my ears with overlapping "beep" sound.
- (2017-07-31, v:0.0.5) MRNIKUSHA101: Problem
Needs update coz when i install or unistall extensions settings r restarting.
- (2017-06-04, v:0.0.5) Rombout Versluijs: Seems the extension slow downbrowser
I believe this extension slows down or freezes the browser when i get that popup warning. I cant seem to find a option to turn that warning off. It doesnt happen all the time as well. I see it happen when chrome is started refresh orso.
- (2017-05-23, v:0.0.5) Feature request
Great extension. I wonder if you might consider adding an additional setting to copy the downloaded file's (full) path to the clipboard. I would find this very useful and perhaps others would too? Cheers
- (2017-05-01, v:0.0.5) Андрей Матвеев: Wrong icon
Every time I download something I get the icon for the previous file saved.
- (2017-05-01, v:0.0.5) Андрей Матвеев: Disables after Chrome restart
I got the strange bug when settings not saved. Every time I close Chrome, I get the browser shelf and no notification sound again.
- (2016-11-26, v:0.0.5) Rica Uy: Sound Options
please add more sound options
- (2016-11-26, v:0.0.5) Rica Uy: Download Failed
can you please add a feature where it'll also notify you if the download fails? THANKS!!