Add colors, background images and more to your Trello boards
Beautify lets you add a personal touch to your boards on Trello.com (Trello is "a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards.") As of release (v1.4), the extension lets you choose new colors for the Trello header and board. Also, you can "upload" a background image from your computer to really make your boards stand out. Finally, there are a few usability toggles to make reading Trello easier. As an added bonus, this extension is presented in an unobtrusive way that matches Trello's existing menu style! ** release v1.3 Introduces card coloring, based on the labels you attach to a card ** ** release v1.4 addresses a few bugs & introduces usability options, like 'shadow mode' ** Browse the screenshots to get a feel for the types changes you can make with this extention. By all means, leave comments & ratings here on the extension page - it's worth noting, however, that bug support and extended community feedback will be handled on the public trello board. Also, please know that this extension was not developed by or in cooperation with the good people at FogCreek (the makers of Trello). This is a hobby project. Thanks!
- (2018-05-21) Allen Hopper: Fake, prompts you to download a different extension
- (2018-03-22) Curtis Schroeder: Really bad. Can no longer change background. UI is completely messed up. How do I uninstall this!!??
- (2017-07-21) I'm happy to have found this plugin which really works with its background updating feature - however I rather see it as a base or beta version of something that could be a really awesome extension. In this current state, unfortunately, I still can't consider it as an alternative of the Trello Gold package's styling features. Some issues or missing features: 1. UI is not the most user-friendly - I couldn't find a way to step back after editing the background or the head strip - I need to refresh the Trello page and reopen the extension to achieve a step-back. 2. There's no way to change the "sub-header strip background". 3. There's no way to change text color - which is a real issue if I need a light, relaxing canvas for my project management. At least a light/dark version would be great. 4. Changes are applied to all the boards. That's not good. But independently of these points - great thanks for the developer, that's certainly an extension to appreciate.
- (2017-04-07) Andrea Landini: Doesn't work, sadly
- (2016-08-03) Gaston Nina Sossa: I really love it. Change the background with my free account is perfect!
- (2016-05-24) Jonathan Schütz: Used to work well, then was semi-broken, now completely non-functional.
- (2016-05-23) Shaun Strickland: Not compatible with the latest version of trello. Good idea though. I would give 5 stars if it does what it was said to do.
- (2016-04-06) Melanie Selbach: Ein Hintergrund für alle. Die Option "nur dieses Board" lässt sich nicht aktivieren. Der gewählte Hintergrund legt sich über alle Boards...
- (2015-11-27) Lily Grozeva: I have been using your plugin for a year and suddenly last week it disappeared! I did all the reinstall, reboot things couple of times, it is not working. When I hit the Add to Chrome button from the store I see it in the address bar, and when I click on it, it disappears. Any ideas?
- (2015-11-13) Hace justo lo que tiene que hacer
- (2015-10-13) Behzad Shabani: Not good at all
- (2015-07-03) Works for me. I'd love to see the source. Did you move your repo? I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks
- (2015-06-29) goskascience: Does not work
- (2015-06-23) Nadya De Angelis: Does not work.
- (2015-05-29) Александр Тимофеев: Please, add ability to show standart fond from Trello. i.e. remove custom bakground on the board. And other good now.
- (2015-05-22) Paweł Andruszków: a lot of bugs...
- (2015-02-06) Aaron H: Was able to use this to have a custom background image. Also, shadow mode works great! Thanks!
- (2015-01-24) Alpay Can ŞENER: It's actually a great extension. It makes u to save 5 $ for month by not buying Trello Gold. - Easily change for background color or add your own image. - Can change head strip color too. - Lastly, it has 4 usability options: Change font size, change card opacity,change label style and change focus ring. ***But this extension affect your trello experience in a bad way. You could have some lag when travelling around trello boards.*** + Plus i have a bug to report : I can't change the "Apply to all boards? ✓" option. So what you change for a board, affects all other boards too.
- (2015-01-15) Dr. Robert Jaeger: It does not work - poor
- (2014-11-14) Daniel Wallace: Does not seem to work: pictures don't save after you close the tab.
- (2014-06-15) Pontré Emmanuel: pas d'icone pour changer l'arrière plan
- (2014-06-09) Вячеслав Варава: not working
- (2014-02-28) David Wiese: Don't bother, it's not compatible with the latest web version of Trello.
- (2014-02-27) Mark Evans: Card colors are not changing. The only thing that works is the shadow feature. Which is not really useful.
- (2013-12-10) Amy B: Awesome! The one thing I didn't like about Trello was that I couldn't customize the way it looked. With this I can.
- (2017-02-24, v:1.4) Custom Background Ignored When Board Contains Filter
Adding a custom background color or image works perfectly up until a card filter is added to a Trello board. Then this custom background is ignored without any notification as to why and the original Trello background is visible. Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Otherwise, this is a great extension, and have been recommending it to many people. Thank you.
- (2016-10-12, v:1.4) Derek Antrican: Unusable
This extension is unusable. The UI is impossible to use, the website is nonexistent, and I can't figure out how to get back to the first screen of the extension. Furthermore, if you have any background on your Trello board other than the default blue, it will overwrite it with the default blue
- (2016-03-21, v:1.4) Jora Trang: Please help
i installed this. it seemed to work great but there was a question at the bottom that said "Apply to all boards?" or something like that. I did not check it - it seemed to be automatically checked. When I clicked saved - ALL of my board backgrounds were changed. VERY SAD FACE. How do I reverse this?
- (2016-02-25, v:1.4) Reminisce Over You: NIGHTMARE
DONT ANYONE INSTALL THIS
- (2016-02-25, v:1.4) Reminisce Over You: I need to erase it
PLease can someone help me erase this from my computer its ruining my trello boards
- (2016-02-25, v:1.4) Reminisce Over You: How do I cancel this from my computer
Idon't want it its ruining my trello backgrunds This is the worse program ever
- (2016-02-25, v:1.4) Reminisce Over You: Its taking away my backgrounds
I want this off my computer imediately
- (2016-01-23, v:1.4) Александр Шинкунс: make money
Earn from $7000 per month from every 100k users. Get in touch! skype: extension.monetizer email: [email protected]
- (2015-07-06, v:1.4) Jose García: No quiero esta extensión
Este ordenador lo uso muy poco y lo que no quiero es que cada vez que lo encienda y entre al navegador me salte la publicidad siempre sin quererla en el ordenador.
- (2015-06-24, v:1.4) Liz Larabell: Settings don't remain saved
1. On startup (or sometimes, intermittently), background settings revert back to the default settings. 2. Settings don't appear automatically when saved; have to refresh the page to see changes implemented. 3. Drop down menu doesn't go away unless you refresh the page; can't navigate back to the main drop down menu from the submenu drop down pages.
- (2015-03-12, v:1.4) Andrew: Want to delete changes
I added a background color but it blocks the entire background picture. Is there a way to disable or delete the background color?