Automatically redirect content based on user-defined rules.
Redirector is an extension that allows you to specify patterns for pages that should be automatically redirected to other pages. E.g. you always want http://example.com/foo.html to redirect to http://example.com/bar.html. This can be useful for instance to skip confirmation pages after posting messages on message boards, skipping ad pages that appear before you can view content on certain sites, redirecting from http to https on sites where you always want the https version, redirecting from one hostname to another for proxy servers, or just anywhere where it takes you two or more clicks to get to what you want. The extension supports both wildcards and regular expressions in patterns. Regular expressions support capturing parantheses so you could define the pattern: http://foo.com/bar.php\?id=(\d+) and define the redirect as http://bar.com/baz.php?id=$1. In that case http://foo.com/bar.php?id=1234 would automatically redirect to http://bar.com/baz.php?id=1234. Wildcards can also use $1,$2 in the redirect urls, $1 is the contents of the first star match, $2 of the second and so on. Click on the Redirector button next to your address bar to get started adding and editing redirects, and use the Enable/Disable button to quickly disable the addon.
- (2020-02-13) Arthur Koning: I wanted a thing This gave me that thing It had an example to show me how to get that thing with this I am happy
- (2020-02-12) D1BG: Oh Ma Gawd dis is da best, I use it to redirect me from naruto anime subbed to dubbed, really good extension, props to whoever figured out how to make this
- (2020-01-30) gnunard Efternamn: Brilliant!
- (2020-01-22) Riyanto Wibowo: it's not working on AJAX/API Call or http/network request
- (2020-01-19) mojtaba vahdati: Here's what I did to redirect Bing searches to Google altogether, just use it and thank me later :D Redirect Bing to Google Redirect: https:\/\/www.bing\.com\/search\?q=([^&]*)& to: https://google.com/search?q=$1 Thank you dear developer of "Redirector" extension.
- (2020-01-19) Альберт Корабельников: Отличное приложение. Лучшее на данный момент. Давно как то пробовал, но ступил, сейчас сделал все работает на 5 баллов.
- (2020-01-08) Changming Wei: 找了一大圈，终于找到想要的插件了，就是你！！！
- (2019-12-31) F M: ymmv but for me this extension didn't work at all unless it was a single, simple redirect from one page to another - no host-wide rules or anything, or if there are the documentation is too light and badly worded to tell. UI is garbage Mentions of Firefox in the settings Low effort, but can at least do something even if it's not very useful.
- (2019-12-29) Data Courier: Excellent, just what I need.
- (2019-12-25) Ampharos: Fantastic. No need to program this myself now.
- (2019-12-11) Daniel Junglen: Really cool extension!
- (2019-12-09) Armando: Works perfectly
- (2019-11-26) Jacob Mulberry: Works perfect! I got this setup and have my coworkers using it for an issue we had for a site. Documentation is a technical and was hard to understand for some of our members but the import export option allowed me to setup and send them to my coworkers. Excellent extension.
- (2019-11-16) John R: This extension is a life saver! I have a very strange issue with amazon where it keeps adding a "&tag=tvshowreminders-20" to the end of every page and it causes every page to have a "Sorry we couldn't find that page" error. So I used this extension to redirect every amazon URL that included that broken tag to the same page without the tag and I can finally use amazon normally again. It took me like 10 minutes to understand how the wildcard pattern worked, but the included how-to page made it a lot simpler to understand with examples and all. 5/5
- (2019-09-05) Rah: This is sick
- (2019-08-20) Adam: Great, exactly what I needed.
- (2019-08-19) Joeshmoe: Help section makes sense, and the extension works as intended.
- (2019-08-12) Josef H.: "included pattern"? Thank you for a hint as to what that means! We are just users, not developers, you know?
- (2019-08-05) Chris Vydas: Needs to be much more user/beginner friendly or better support. On the import page there could be a repository of user and developer created lists for various functions and would serve a whole lot better to teach people how to use Redirector. As is, only web experts can benefit. Opportunity lost.
- (2019-07-26) Nick At Night: I redirect the new reddit to the old reddit now. That's the only reason I use it. And it works perfectly.
- (2019-07-15) Motherfaker: Please support redirecting to local files.
- (2019-06-21) Jing Xia: I use it on Firefox and Chrome. Useful and flexible.
- (2019-06-04) David Timms: I wanted to automatically redirect amazon to smile.amazon without installing their intrusive toolbar extension. For that task it works well and it looks like there are some other interesting uses. If it helps anyone, my settings were: Redirect: http*://www.amazon.co.uk* to: https://smile.amazon.co.uk$2
- (2019-06-03) Cody F: Needed a simple way to redirect a few specific URLs due to DNS problems with my ISP. This extension was the third I installed and by far the best. It's easy to use and works well. Decent documentation that includes lots of examples. Nice that you can use either wildcards or regular expressions to match URLs.
- (2019-04-19) Franz Strassmayr: Very usefull and simple, thanks! :)