Explore SharePoint sites with this super fast SharePoint navigation plugin, supports on-premise 2013/10/07 and Office 365 versions
Explore SharePoint sites with this super fast SharePoint navigation plugin, supports SharePoint Online (Office 365) and 2016/13/10. Updated on 26-Feb-18: Login.live.com login issue is now fixed. Please report any errors you find. FlyView is a dynamic menu plugin that is automatically displayed in your browser when you login to a SharePoint Site. Now you explore and search your sites, libraries, lists, documents, setting options and more with lightning speeds. Simply put, something that would take minutes in the past can now be done within seconds with the help of FlyView. On average a typical SharePoint user would be saving 10-20 minutes per day, that means less frustration and more fun. Note: There are some compatibility issues with recent 'New Look'changes by Microsoft. FlyView works fine with the classic view. Microsoft has just released support for customising their New Look and we are investigating them at the moment. Key Features: ** Explore the site without any page loads involved. Site menu is rendered with data from SP web services. ** Interactive Breadcrumb: At the top you see your current location and can navigate from any level ** Search Integration: Now you can search within FlyView and start navigating the results with the menu. **Instant Filter: Filter the site and library content as you type ** Cross site collection browsing (add urls in the options page and find them under the F icon) ** Floating Preview Windows: Open and pin multiple info windows. Review and compare multiple documents and images ** Multiple Modes: Basic (default), Developers and Advanced (for site owners and site collection administrators) ** Smart Views: Last Modified, Last Modified by Me, Checked-out to me (Suggest more !) ** Navigate Recent and Favorites: FlyView remembers your recently visited locations and the next time you get there even quicker. You can also save sites/libraries in FlyView Favorites and navigate directly to them ** Site and List/Library Filters: Hide the sites/libraries you do not want to see, use wild card patterns Note: A server version is also available that supports IE and other browsers and doesn’t require individual users to install anything, please contact us if you are interested. Q: Are there any security concerns? A: No. It is completely safe to install and use FlyView; it works in read-only mode, doesn’t update server data and cannot read anything except what you are allowed to do by the SharePoint Admin (it uses your permission model). Q: How can I used FlyView in Internet Explorer, Safari and FireFox? A: Please check your website: http://Fly-View.com For DEVELOPERS: Check our other chrome extension ‘SharePoint Insider’, another free tool that allows SharePoint and Office 365 Developers to browse and investigate SharePoint Sites and Objects.
- (2019-06-21) Monty Evans: Great Tool!!
- (2019-03-08) I don't want to have to deal with SharePoint without FlyView ever again.
- (2018-09-10) Bill Cawley: Excellent tool for finding what you're looking for fast in SharePoint!
- (2018-08-13) Jake Mannion: Very good, very fast, very customizable
- (2018-07-26) Vikas Kottari: loved it!
- (2018-07-22) Giuseppe Maria Mascolo: Utilissimo!!!
- (2018-06-13) Issie wizzie: great app
- (2018-03-29) Mohd Muqtdeer: great
- (2018-03-21) ananthan nair: good
- (2018-02-28) Marco Garibay: Awesome
- (2017-11-29) Forest Lin: Really an awesome tool making life much easier!
- (2017-09-08) James Logan: This saves a lot of time.
- (2017-08-31) Sean Deschene: It didn't do anything. It made a little white bar at the top of the screen with their logo in it, and then nothing. I just wanted to be able to browse with Chrome, and edit files with Excel, but I still get the error message that I need to use IE and SharePoint Services compatible applications.
- (2017-08-08) Frode Ressem: Raskere browsing av SharePoint finner du ikke.
- (2017-03-27) Liz L: Excellent extension for navigating Sharepoint Online easily and quickly. You can use this interface to merely view what is in each and every folder within Sharepoint Online without having to click on the folder and waiting for it to load, realizing it's not what you wanted, navigating back up the folder tree, etc.... This extension relieves so much frustration associated with Sharepoint Online.
- (2016-12-06) Yavuz Yılmaz: great job
- (2016-11-16) Jan van der Veer: I never, ever, ever write reviews, but honestly this extension just made my life complete. Thanks guys from Aurabits!!
- (2016-11-02) Alex О: Awesome plug-in!
- (2016-10-25) Noor Mahdi: The best SharePoint extension available
- (2016-10-22) Abhilash P: Absolutely Awesome...The Top navigation replacement. one quick feedback it will be good to show the subsites under aswell for easy traversing aswell
- (2016-08-10) Nikos Gkouveris: Absolutely briliant! It's a great addition to SharePoint. Thank you very much for your great effort
- (2016-07-20) Jason Wilk: Love it, love it, love it.
- (2016-07-06) Suman Desu: Very useful tool
- (2016-05-17) Jay Kurosawa: If login info can be saved within the extension and do not need to login to Sharepoint on Office365 every time, it is good. Need to login to Portal every time to enable the extension is a bit extra job. However, the speed to access to SharePoint Library is awesome!!
- (2016-05-12) Julian Knight: Wow! This is an amazing and useful addin that works well with SharePoint Online (Office 365). Really hoping you will keep this going, great work, thanks.
- (2019-05-29, v:126.96.36.199) Sandra McGechan: Show site collection names rather than URL
Love your extension so much! I'm pretty sure previously I was able to add a 'display name' for each site collection I add into the Options but I can't remember how to do it, could you remind me?
- (2018-04-19, v:188.8.131.52) Fabrizio Pavoni: Cannot preview pdf document
Hi, when trying to preview a pdf file (and perhaps other type of file) through the “i” link, in the rectangular browser appears: Sorry, something went wrong. Thanks in advance
- (2018-04-18, v:184.108.40.206) MAC Safari
Just checking to see if there's a product delivery window for using Flyview in a Safari browser. Thanks,
- (2018-02-22, v:220.127.116.11) Broken when opening some modern libraries
When clicking through to a modern library, FlyView freaks out. It renders with all nodes expanded and has a "loading wheel" under each link. Refreshing the page seems to work. Here's what it looks like: https://image.ibb.co/fC7yyH/Fly_View_freakout.jpg
- (2018-02-21, v:18.104.22.168) Peter Schaefer: login.live.com
https://login.live.com does not work in Chrome Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit) when FlyView 22.214.171.124 is enabled. (Same in the most recent Chrome Canary Version 66.0.3350.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit). Also clearing cached images and files and deleting all cookies for live.com and login.live.com does not help. I tested it on Windows 10 and Windows 7.) What exactly happens: I get the page with the darkened hilly landscape picture and the small authentication pane in the middle. I chose my account and hit enter. The authentication pane now asks for the password. As I key it in, the field fills with a dot per each character of the password. I hit enter or click the Sign-in button. The data really gets sent to the server as I can see because the round reload arrow left to the address bar is temporarily being replaced by the Stop-loading-this-page cross sign. But what the server sends back is the same request to enter the password with an empty password field. I can continue sending my password many, many times and the server does not start blocking the access attempts. I tried black listing https://login.live.com on the options page. But that does not make any difference. Only entirely disabling the extension lets me pass the authentication dialog.
- (2018-02-13, v:126.96.36.199) shweta sethi: Not working
it is not working from yesterday
- (2018-01-27, v:188.8.131.52) Joe Gasper: Office 365 / SPO and Modern Pages
Cool extension, but I'm not finding it working on modern pages/lists or Edge. I've tried forcing FlyView to be always visible. FlyView will display Chrome on non-modern pages/lists. FlyView for SharePoint and Office 365 Sites (v2.5.7) Microsoft Edge 42.17083.1000.0 Version 64.0.3282.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2017-09-14, v:184.108.40.206) Kev Shaw: Permissions
****** It can: Read and Change all your data on the websites you visit. ****** I am not the most security conscious person, but this seems Insane.
- (2017-09-01, v:220.127.116.11) Bob Pride: Not worrking
Flyview is either not working for me or I do not know how to use it. I cannot open and edit Office files from our on-prem SharePoint 2013 instance with Chrome. When I click to open file from a SHrePoint folder in Chrome, I see a sad faced document icon and the following caption: "officewebapps.mycompanyname.com refused to connect." It works with IE. I rebooted to be sure the extension was active in Chrome. What next?
- (2017-03-13, v:18.104.22.168) TJ R: Covering image download bar
When viewing an image in sharepoint, the bar that has the options to download etc and 3/4 covered, making it difficult to see / select options on that menu.
- (2016-11-23, v:22.214.171.124) Andy Katell: Edit Docs
Hi, I am trying to check out docs to edit but I only have the option to save them. Am I doing something wrong. I was using ie tab to do this before but that extension has other problems which they want you to pay for to fix. Thanks