Limit your child’s screen time and keep them from exceeding the maximum recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
*** WHAT IS IT? *** Play Timer for Kids is a useful tool to help you limit the time your child spends in front of the computer. The tool was created by a team of specialists from DuckieDeck.com, a website with high-quality educational games for children. *** HOW TO USE IT *** 1) Set the time 2) Click “Start playing” 3) The timer counts down seamlessly 4) When the time is up, a calming sound plays and a pretty picture shows your child that it’s time to leave the computer! We know how hard it is for children to stop playing on demand. That’s why we make the experience as pleasant as possible! *** WHY USE IT? *** Limiting screen time is necessary, particularly when it comes to small children – your toddlers and preschoolers. Therefore, following the advice of the American Academy of Pediatrics, we suggest that children between 2 and 3 years old do not exceed half an hour a day in front of a screen, and that older children do not exceed one hour a day. P.S. You can also use it as a productivity tool! --- At Duckie Deck we provide smiles. So far, over 8 million toddlers and preschoolers played our educational games and smiled. Visit Duckie Deck and smile too! http://duckiedeck.com Download Sharing with Duckie Deck iOS app: http://goo.gl/uW8qO Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DuckieDeck Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DuckieDeck
- (2019-12-22) Emza 89: This is so annoying. It works, but not well.Kids over the age of 4 will easily press the cancel button; There's not even a PIN, and when it's on it literally covers a fifth of my screen.
- (2018-05-28) epicguy 3237: I loved it. My kids played 24 hours a day with this. before, they would play 1000000000000 hours a day. i would recommend this to any parent who wants their kid to not get smart and want their kid to became a professional gamer. i really hope parents who can relate to wanting their kids to become professional gamer found this helpful. thanks, misses Cenney.
- (2018-05-02) sky lucas: It lacks password protection. It won't be long for the kids to discover they just have to click "cancel".
- (2016-01-25) Leandra Witchwood: The alarm was a little too easy ignore.
- (2015-09-11) Esther Wilkes: Doesn't work in full screen. For instance if you are watching youtube on full screen mode, this doesnt do anything. Once you exit, if your time is up, it will be at the time is up screen. No sounds or anything work in full screen. As stated, no password or pin ability so kids can just click cancel. Otherwise works and is very pleasant.
- (2015-03-01) J L: Compared with the options on Mac or Windows, this Chromebook extension is utter rubbish. Why? Everytime your child opens the laptop, the parent has to set the timer, instead of having a preset max time under a child login that resets daily. Also, when the parent sets the timer, any literate child can just click cancel at any time and carry on playing till the cows come home. It may be suitable for pre-school kids but you shouldn't need a timer an leave them to it for too long anyway!
- (2014-12-03) Meme Dan: loved it now i do not have to tell my kid times up
- (2014-10-03) Katalin Hegyesi-Kovács: Just works perfect. :)
- (2013-06-08) Marek Przystaś: Great plugin that will help you and your kid with a screen time limitation.
- (2013-04-23) ayana cutie: This download is very fun you need to try it now. I know you will love it.
- (2017-02-24, v:0.0.3) Amanda F: Passcode
Hi, I use this extension in my special education class to help us transition on and off of the computers more independently. I love it. Thanks! I was wondering if you could add an option that requires a passcode to turn it on and off, much like Guided Access on the iPad. I have some smart kiddos who have figured out how to reset it when I'm not looking, I think this would be beneficial. Even if it is a feature that you can turn on or off.