View the duration of YouTube playlists
This extension unobtrusively displays the total duration of YouTube playlists. YouTube Playlist Duration is great for easily viewing the duration of playlists for online courses, music albums, podcasts, and more! Known issues: 1. Occasionally, the page must be refreshed for the duration counter to update. 2. Try restarting Chrome if the extension doesn't load. 3. Extension may not work due to pre-installed ad-blockers. 4. Click on duration box if it doesn't disappear. Source code: https://github.com/sridhama/youtube-playlist-duration
- (2021-07-06) Kusti: this extension is dead, it no longer works properly, it doesnt show the whole playlist duration like it used to this used to be like a 10/10 extension not its literally 0/10 broken bs fix it, undo all the changes
- (2021-04-29) Logan Wood: Thank you Sridhama, very cool.
- (2021-04-11) Leopard: too late for calculate .usually we calculate together..
- (2021-02-23) Sameen Farooq: THISS TELLS THE WRONG TIME
- (2021-01-18) V G: doesn't count all videos
- (2021-01-10) Fernando Tipiani: it works!!
- (2021-01-04) Nick McCurdy: Only works on playlist pages, not when viewing videos within a playlist.
- (2020-12-30) Ciara Rushing: It didn't calculate the actual playlist length. When I had 400 videos it was 19 hours I added 100 more videos and suddenly it was only 6 hours?
- (2020-12-20) David Andersson: Woeks fine most of the time. Sometmes it requires a page refresh to get the count. I still love it. Thanks. I have no idea why this function isn't a default function by Youtube.
- (2020-11-15) Grace F: Was very good, and made dealing with my thousand long playlist much easier. However, it is not workign on chrome anymore.
- (2020-11-14) Laura Cristina: why doesn't it work anymore???
- (2020-11-12) Noah's family fun adventures official: It does not work for me anymore!
- (2020-11-12) Rich Cohen: The extension was good until now. It's not working on Chrome anymore. Please fix it and I will change my rating. I have emailed a couple of times.
- (2020-11-11) Family Araujo Sa Britto: Parou de funcionar, depois da atualização do Youtube....
- (2020-10-15) Renaud Pro: Working perfectly!
- (2020-09-30) Ragav D: worked without any issues for me. all the issues mentioned in the comments here must have been fixed.
- (2020-08-27) Cecil: Good extension, but it would be nice to add a dark mode feature when looking at playlists
- (2020-08-22) Saksham Dahiya: useful
- (2020-04-03) Jeremy Walker: This *was* a really awesome extension, that restored functionality Youtube should never have removed in the first place ... but it no longer works :(
- (2020-04-03) Hassan Benhassan: Useless
- (2020-03-30) arthur lasnel: doesn't work anymore
- (2020-02-20) Juho Leppälä: 924 video playlist might be too long for this : D
- (2020-01-31) iPhoneGeek me: nice. Works on premuim
- (2020-01-02) Christopher Gomez: Doesn't show up anywhere
- (2019-12-30) Elry: Trash, like absulute trash. Disables Polymore, makes Layout ugly and tells me my Playlist is 23 Hours and when i count everything togheter its 12 Hours.
- (2019-12-28) does not even work at all.
- (2019-12-23) Tormod Østtveit: Doesn't work at all
- (2019-12-21) Srikanth Varma: WOW ! It's amazing.Really works in my laptop.I felt very Happy Thank you.👍👍👍👍👍
- (2019-05-28) Sandesh Sakhare: sucks
- (2019-03-30) Does the job like it's supposed to.
- (2019-02-11) PopularMMOs Antny The Cool Gamer: Cool but the time comes up and goes away really fast.
- (2018-12-15) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2018-12-04) Risok: Нажал чтоб скопировать продолжительность - окошко исчезло, ну халтура
- (2018-08-13) Muhammad Lebda: it's working well
- (2018-07-16) Younus: Why it append in url disable polymer,thats why UI is changing of youtube.
- (2018-07-05) Blue Banana: Edit 2: recently started only showing NaN:NaN for playlists with deleted, private or blocked videos in them (read: all of mine). The issue might also be too long playlist, not sure. Edit 3:two stars for automatically loading playlists completely so that I don't have to scroll to the bottom a dozen times. A neat side effect.
- (2018-05-20) Cameron Eggart: This extension worked perfectly. I had zero delay after installing; simply began working right after refreshing the page. Why would youtube ever remove this piece of information. Great extension.
- (2018-05-09) thbh88 emailaccount: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that it worked. This is amazing!
- (2018-03-19) Marrie Mei Miller: Doesn't work.
- (2018-03-06) Guillaume Mercier: Useless... nothing more
- (2018-02-14) E N: Den fungerar.
- (2018-01-21) Ahmed Mohamed: four for the delay :) EDIT : Five for being more useful than i thought
- (2017-12-13) Peter Orum: Short delay before showing top right. Works well.
- (2017-12-05) Mat Goodliff: took a minute before appearing but doesnt require any tinkering which is handy
- (2017-10-27) Larry Dutton: I load this thing into google chrome and all it does is take me right back to the screen where I downloaded it from, Stupid!
- (2017-10-10) Piotr Masłowski: EDIT: It doesn't work. Results are different every time. Fix it, and I'll give you 5 stars. Why bolded? Change it. Also, please add support for other languages. (polish translation of playlist duration is długość playlisty or czas trwania playlisty or długość listy odtwarzania or czas trwania listy odtwarzania or simply długość or czas trwania)
- (2017-10-05) Pietro Pizzi: Doesn't show up at all.
- (2017-09-23) Mubashir AR: Sadly doesnt work. Just shows a different duration on every refresh
- (2017-09-16) Ulisses Franceschi Eliano: It shows a diferent duration value each time you refresh the playlist page....
- (2017-09-16) Jonathan Heilenman: Liked it at first, but since youtube updated, it hasn't worked since.
- (2021-01-25, v:3.1.5) Adeel Ali: 100+ Videos
Hi, Thank you for this extension, it has been really useful for me. I have a little bit of a problem however. I read that with playlists with over 100 videos, I need to click 'load more'. I do not have this option and don't know how to fix my problem. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks
- (2020-12-26, v:3.1.5) Osman Latif Demirel: nasıl kullanılır
- (2020-11-12, v:3.1.4) Noah's family fun adventures official: Playlist duration not working
Hi. Somehow playlist duration does not work anymore. Would there be a fix?
- (2020-11-12, v:3.1.4) Rich Cohen: Extension not working from this week.
The extension stopped working from this week. Please fix it as soon as possible.
- (2020-11-11, v:3.1.4) umar yunun: not workiing as of 11/11/20
not workiing as of 11/11/20
- (2019-10-04, v:3.1.3) Francisco Aloisio: YouTube Playlist Duration it is no more working
YouTube Playlist Duration it is no more working. YouTube, it changed the playlist editor page. Can you help me?
- (2019-05-02, v:3.1.3) platinum loop boyz: dark theme
Doesn't appear to work in dark theme, or how can I make it visible?
- (2018-06-28, v:3.1.3) BlueBanana: Doesn't work
The problem might be deleted videos in a playlist, too many videos (just a couple thousand) or something else but I'm only seeing NaN:NaN. Used to work perfectly until a few days ago.
- (2018-04-18, v:3.1.3) Doesn't work
Why does Chrome Store allow these extensions to remain in the inventory when it's clear that they don't do anything? That's really frustrating! And it makes people wonder whether these things are just malware or something. They say nothing, do nothing, and just sit there.
- (2017-11-10, v:3.1.3) FaRo: Still redirects
Can you please finally fix the addition of "&disable_polymer" to the URL? It's not only annoying that it loads the entire page twice, I just don't want the old design. You can't just force me use it. Btw, you actually can't force me, because you did a really poor job of redirecting the page. It just appends "&disable_polymer=true" to the URL, so if I enter "&disable_polymer=false", it still just appends it, which gets ignored. But it still reloads the page. So instead I can add "#" at the end so that it tries to jump to a non-existent jump marker on the page, so just nothing happens. You had it working with the new design before, so why would you destroy that? And why don't you answer anyone pointing this out? You'll get quite a number of 1 star reviews for that, because it simply does not do what it's supposed to do.
- (2017-10-22, v:3.1.3) Luci Dosenberg: Umm?
the changelog in the man description says "Changelog: - Redirects to a Polymer-less playlist page. - Works with the new YouTube UI" why work with new ui if it redirects away anyway??
- (2017-10-18, v:3.1.3) Семён Федотов: I switched off it because
Because I can't scroll the page. Simply can't scroll.
- (2017-10-05, v:3.1.1) Pietro Pizzi: Doesn't show up :(
At least with the old design, wich I prefer.
- (2017-09-22, v:3.1.1) Hamster Alliance: Please make it work with the old style too
Hello! So, Youtube has the new playlist style and I do see the duration there over on the left under the title. But now it doesn't work for the old style playlist you get to when you click Edit. The "disable_polymer=true" version of the playlist. Any chance you could add that in? Thanks!
- (2017-09-02, v:2.1.1) Gabriel Aquilano: not working anymore
I bet you are already aware, but just to make sure - seems like the latest update in Youtube broke the whole extension, not working anymore.