Control the playback rate of HTML5 <video> and <audio> elements
Adds a "Playback Rate" context menu to <video> and <audio> elements, allowing the speed at which it is played back to be controlled. Note that Chrome's audio implementation currently has bugs (e.g. http://crbug.com/108239) which may result in the 1.25 and 1.5 rates not working.
- (2019-02-21) Geovanni Chavez: Does not work
- (2019-01-10) el jefe delito: Didn't work for a direct MP3 playbe such as this one, http://www.hardtofindseminars.com/audioclips/Raven_Senoff_Interview_M.mp3
- (2018-08-11) Michael Pontus: Works for Coursera. Thanks.
- (2017-10-05) Imron Em ha: Work great on latest chrome. How to make it as default setting? it's annoying .. everytime audio change, we should right click to set speed.. again and again
- (2017-05-19) Jonathan Li: Okay it worked the first time only, but not on all of my subsequent Youtube plays. The search continues.
- (2016-10-22) Doesn't work.
- (2016-07-27) Stephanie James: Dosen't work
- (2016-06-21) Milena Bonfim: abaixar
- (2016-05-12) J D: Did not work.
- (2016-01-16) Alexander Pushkin: Thank you!
- (2015-04-02) vitoria regia: otimo
- (2015-03-26) Yaseen Rocca: Nowhere to be seen! Also probably does not work in embedded videos.
- (2014-10-05) ヤツ82: Youtubeで使えない（Chrome37)
- (2014-04-17) John Murphy: Doesn't show up anywhere when installed with Google Play on ASUS Chromebox when accessing MP3 files. Playback Rate is installed and HTML5 is enabled.
- (2014-04-16) Darko Jovic: Works great the first time, but after restarting Chrome the menu goes away... fix pls!
- (2014-03-16) Chaitan Thompson: This isn't working for me, the menu bar does not contain any option like the one shown in the screenshot.
- (2013-09-12) Pamela De La Cruz: This is great! Now I can listen to my lectures at 2X speed with no problem. As a student, this is immensely helpful!
- (2013-09-10) Carl Chan: Great Great tool up productivity 10 folds.
- (2013-04-14) Ken Maclean: Works great. If you're having problems with this on youtube, the playback rate options are with the quality options in the gear menu.
- (2013-03-14) Misha Mazor: Amazing, can't live without it. Does not work on all embedded Vimeo clips and requires HTML5 versions of Youtube videos.
- (2013-01-15) Ronny Orbach: Ha, you beat me to it :-) Great implementation. Only issue is floating-point values don't work, because you use parseInt rather than parseFloat, so for example 1.75 turns out as 1.
- (2013-01-07) London Rook: Wonderful extension for listening to podcasts... I just wish that 1.25x and 1.5x worked!
- (2012-11-17) Janis Abele: Great tool! I am using for every HTML5 video.
- (2018-11-15, v:1.2.1) Daisuke Sasaki: スピードの固定について
- (2018-05-02, v:1.2.1) Danielle Waters: Speed options
I suddenly can only access up to 1.25 but I need to be able to listen at 2x speed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the extension with no luck. Please help!
- (2017-10-07, v:1.2.1) doesn't work
i opened a new tab, dragged my audio file from "downloads" into the new tab, right clicked on button/timer where it shows the playback rate options, selected "2x" but nothing changed. it doens't work.
- (2015-01-07, v:1.2.1) Simply Does Not Appear.
I have NO idea how to use this product and the information is utterly non-existent. I have a similar product, and its logo appears to the right of the URL bar. This one appears nowhere.
- (2014-02-04, v:1.1.1) Nick Bair: Not working in Vimeo
This used to work fine in Vimeo, but now the menu isn't appearing at all.
- (2013-07-14, v:1.1.1) Daniel McBride: stoped working on youtube.com/tv
was working for months but today the drop down menu doesn't show anymore :(