Control the playback rate of HTML5 <video> and <audio> elements
Adds a "Playback Rate" context menu to <video> and <audio> elements, allowing the speed at which it is played back to be controlled. Note that Chrome's audio implementation currently has bugs (e.g. http://crbug.com/108239) which may result in the 1.25 and 1.5 rates not working.
- (2019-02-21) Geovanni Chavez: Does not work
- (2019-01-10) el jefe delito: Didn't work for a direct MP3 playbe such as this one, http://www.hardtofindseminars.com/audioclips/Raven_Senoff_Interview_M.mp3
- (2018-08-11) Michael Pontus: Works for Coursera. Thanks.
- (2017-10-05) Imron Muhammad: Work great on latest chrome. How to make it as default setting? it's annoying .. everytime audio change, we should right click to set speed.. again and again
- (2017-05-19) Jonathan Li: Okay it worked the first time only, but not on all of my subsequent Youtube plays. The search continues.
- (2016-10-22) Doesn't work.
- (2016-07-27) Stephanie James: Dosen't work
- (2016-06-21) Milena Bonfim: abaixar
- (2016-05-12) J D: Did not work.
- (2016-01-16) Alexander Pushkin: Thank you!
- (2015-04-02) vitoria regia: otimo
- (2015-03-26) Yaseen Rocca: Nowhere to be seen! Also probably does not work in embedded videos.
- (2014-10-05) ヤツ82: Youtubeで使えない（Chrome37)
- (2014-04-17) John Murphy: Doesn't show up anywhere when installed with Google Play on ASUS Chromebox when accessing MP3 files. Playback Rate is installed and HTML5 is enabled.
- (2014-04-16) Darko Jovic: Works great the first time, but after restarting Chrome the menu goes away... fix pls!
- (2014-03-16) Chaitan Thompson: This isn't working for me, the menu bar does not contain any option like the one shown in the screenshot.
- (2013-09-12) Pamela De La Cruz: This is great! Now I can listen to my lectures at 2X speed with no problem. As a student, this is immensely helpful!
- (2013-09-10) Carl Chan: Great Great tool up productivity 10 folds.
- (2013-04-14) Ken Maclean: Works great. If you're having problems with this on youtube, the playback rate options are with the quality options in the gear menu.
- (2013-03-14) Misha Mazor: Amazing, can't live without it. Does not work on all embedded Vimeo clips and requires HTML5 versions of Youtube videos.
- (2013-01-15) Ronny Orbach: Ha, you beat me to it :-) Great implementation. Only issue is floating-point values don't work, because you use parseInt rather than parseFloat, so for example 1.75 turns out as 1.
- (2013-01-07) London Rook: Wonderful extension for listening to podcasts... I just wish that 1.25x and 1.5x worked!
- (2012-11-17) Janis Abele: Great tool! I am using for every HTML5 video.
- (2020-04-08, v:1.2.1) Customer Review: Increase speed rates
It works for the videos I am forced to watch for a course. and the website doesn't allow me to just scroll through to the end. this tool serves my need, I am wondering if you can implement faster speed rates, more than 3x. Of course one cannot make sense of the video at such high speed rates, but it helps for people who are being forced to watch videos for sake of completion. Thank you.
- (2018-11-15, v:1.2.1) F7vkhe hV4atP: スピードの固定について
- (2018-05-02, v:1.2.1) Danielle Waters: Speed options
I suddenly can only access up to 1.25 but I need to be able to listen at 2x speed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the extension with no luck. Please help!
- (2017-10-07, v:1.2.1) doesn't work
i opened a new tab, dragged my audio file from "downloads" into the new tab, right clicked on button/timer where it shows the playback rate options, selected "2x" but nothing changed. it doens't work.
- (2015-01-07, v:1.2.1) Simply Does Not Appear.
I have NO idea how to use this product and the information is utterly non-existent. I have a similar product, and its logo appears to the right of the URL bar. This one appears nowhere.
- (2014-02-04, v:1.1.1) Nick Bair: Not working in Vimeo
This used to work fine in Vimeo, but now the menu isn't appearing at all.
- (2013-07-14, v:1.1.1) Daniel: stoped working on youtube.com/tv
was working for months but today the drop down menu doesn't show anymore :(