Control playback rate of Udacity videos.
Allows you to control playback speed of the videos on http://www.udacity.com as well as persist custom speed settings across videos within the same class. Supports multiple classes in different tabs as well as automatic enforcement of HTML5 playback for YouTube embeds (hence the need to access YouTube data). ======================================== File bugs or contribute to this extension on Github: https://github.com/has207/udacity-playback-chrome-extension Icons courtesy of WebIconSet.com -- free to use but not redistribute.
- (2018-01-17) Laura Stupin: I don't think this extension works anymore. But there's a new way to change the speed in Udacity. If you click on the gear icon on the bottom right of the youtube window, you can select Speed and change it the way you would like. :)
- (2016-03-28) John L. Stanley: Doesn't show the droplist to set the speed. Apparently hasn't been updated (for more than two years) to work with current Udacity playback methods. Real shame. This could save people a lot of class-time.
- (2015-07-14) MRNIKUSHA101: TRASH
- (2015-05-19) Qingyang Li: the button is there but Not working for me.
- (2014-04-09) ali bhangu: not working, can not find the button on new youtube page
- (2013-10-05) Manoel Mendes: muito bom gostei d+
- (2013-06-25) Even has extra speeds, like 125%!
- (2012-08-08) Enrico Bacis: Strange Behaviour sometimes, but once it works it's really useful!
- (2014-09-22, v:0.8) Playback rate not changing
I just tried it on my Udacity courses. While I get the dropdown box to change the playback rate, it doesn't actually affect the playback rate at all. I can't make it play faster or slower.
- (2014-07-19, v:0.8) Beyslov Tomas: no longer gives me the option to adjust speed
When I open a new tab while the video is playing (usually after I change the quality), or switch to a different tab thats already open, the video stops and reloads from that point onward (showing the "watch entire video" option that youtube usually shows when returning to a long video), and then when I go to the video settings it doesn't have the option to change the playback speed. This has started fairly recently and happens on some videos more frequently than others.
- (2014-01-23, v:0.7) Nick Vines: Udacity Redesign - oh my!
Udacity redesigned yesterday and it looks like it broke the plugin. I also created the issue on the github page.