Modify video playback rate from regular speed up to 60 times quicker!
Video Playback Speed is perfect for those who love to speed up or slow down videos within a few clicks from any website. Here's some features: - Searches for <video> tags - Perfect for bypassing videos that don't allow skipping - Speed up or slow down the video playback for squeaky or deep voices - Works on YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, and so much more...! Although this extension is a work in progress, it will have many more features to come in the near future!
- (2021-06-11) William Jones: It's a good tool for speeding up slow videos, however the thing that stops this addon from reaching 5 stars is the inability to input in the speed you want instead of having to battle with the finicky scroll-bar. If this is changed, then I'll update my review.
- (2021-05-11) Devon O'Mara: This app is great.. I just wish it would save the speed and allow me to type in the speed i want.
- (2021-04-29) Doge Wow: this sounded like 16x so make it faster
- (2021-04-17) Zachary Scaramella: First time I am writing a review for anything, which just goes to show how amazing this is. No longer will I feel my life wither away as I'm forced to watch yet another unskippable video for college. Now I can enjoy videos just like my audiobooks, at mind numbing speeds. Only shame is that this seems to have been dropped due to the fact that the last (and first) release was over 2 and a half years ago.
- (2021-02-21) Татьяна Скороход: Огромное спасибо разработчикам! Перепробовала много приложений и расширений и только с этим расширением получилось увеличить скорость видео на сайте онлайн.
- (2021-01-13) Mason Wang: It's hard to adjust. Please set some buttons for common speeds, especially x2. Other than this, it's perfect.
- (2021-01-07) Tyler. H: This extension is amazing, it was exactly what i hope for with it keeping the sound quality and video, I couldn't of asked for anything better. I also love how it goes past 2x speed and can go up to 30x, it's a nice touch
- (2020-12-23) nuzhat subrin binty: well it worked as soon as i addedt to my browser,really works!
- (2020-12-10) Girik Garg: Very useful tool, worked for me
- (2020-12-10) A: Very Helpful , it made my life easier, it helped me watch the university class's records in shorter time, Thanks A LOT =)
- (2020-12-09) Zachary Hurst: It worked on multiple sites when others wouldn't to speed up or slow down. However the interface is horrible to use. Instead of having plus minus or common speed up options like 1.5, 2, all it has is a drag bar, and it is incredibly difficult to actually stop on the speed I want it on or even get it back to normal speed. I wish they would include the above then it would be perfect.
- (2020-11-18) Auzuru: Well.. technically it is supposed to save the rate of speed for all sites, but it doesn't, it says it's on "X" speed but it's still playing the video on 1x speed, so you always have to go click it again..
- (2020-11-13) pickles: I liked this extension. It does its job really well. But there are a few problems with it. The options tab in the extension doesn't work. Because when you scroll to chose how much time you want it before changing it to a new color, it instead controls the play back speed. Also your settings for the options menu don't actually save. These aren't really huge problems, and don't effect the extension much, I just wanted to help you find problems in your beta.
- (2020-10-29) Derek C: Great extension, one of the few that will actually work on my school lectures (managed through an online program). Suggestions for improvement would be to add an option to input desired speed via key instead of the slider all the time. Thanks again for a great extension.
- (2020-10-16) Musa Yasar: exceptional
- (2020-10-15) Fo Nix: Just tried it out and it worked; I haven't spotted any problems yet. Would be better if it were easier to decide on the specific playback speed instead of trying to get it accurately on the slider. Otherwise, definitely a very handy extension to have.
- (2020-09-28) Xavier Van den Bosch: Lifesaver for online classes!
- (2020-09-22) isaac: It does exactly what it should, I tried 4 different extensions before this one and none worked this well lol
- (2020-09-20) Zahra Irfan: I have to watch a lot of lectures online and couldn't find the software to speed them up, but this works for all the video formats I've tried so far! Love this so much!
- (2020-09-20) Qwerty: Absoultely perfect for lectures. Thank you.
- (2020-08-26) Prithvi Prasanna: Is there a way that the rainbow background removed completely? Other than that loved the product!
- (2020-08-17) E K: AMAZING! I tried several others that are similar and they would only work with some sites. This extension has worked for me on so many sites and is saving me a lot of time! THANK YOU, DEVELOPERS!
- (2020-07-10) KHUSHAL SANCHETI: Even though this extentsion is in beta, this is the only one that worked on impartus.com Other well known extensions for video playback control didn't work. Thanks a lot!
- (2020-07-06) Asya Su: OH MY GOD NOTHING WORKED BUT THIS FOR MOODLE
- (2020-07-06) Shweta Gupta: Excellent ! Don't waste your time looking for other extensions. Just download it blindly. It works on all platforms-youtube,netflix,microsoft streams,hulu,prime,etc.
- (2020-06-29) Joseph Giordano: Love it! Let's me quickly watch lectures, even when they're posted on a website that doesn't support playback speed.
- (2020-06-24) krystian pawlowski: it works
- (2020-04-11) Fahim Ahmed: Hi, this is great, just like what others said before. Is there a way, you guys can implement this to soundcloud/spotify. I know this is to control video playback speed, but if this could do to audio as well, this would be a BEAST. Thanks in advance though, this is still awesome.
- (2020-02-08) Nathan Anon: Works with EVERYTHING, so far haven't found anything it hasn't worked with. While I wish there was either a shortcut or preferred setting option so I could more quickly get to 2x without any fuss that's a small issue with an otherwise flawless extension. There is no close second. Download this.
- (2020-02-01) Stephen Pasquini: I have been searching for something like this for every. Works with Netflix, Hulu, Plex, HBO and probably all the others! Thank you for making this!!! I wish I had found it earlier.
- (2020-01-28) Eduardø Brødzinski: It's awesome, but please change the slider.
- (2020-01-26) Audrey Jones: Works with Netflix too!
- (2019-05-14) Acer Aspire: Оценка 3 за красоту! За остальное в будущем! НЕОБХОДИМО добавить настройки : "СБРОС - Скорость воиспоизведения по умолчанию". И добавь, пожалуйста, настраиваемую перемотку видео вперёд/ назад! Заранее Спасибо!
- (2019-04-08) Anthony Wright: This is the only extension that i have found that works with Silver-light. That means Amazon Prime Video. Please create keyboard shortcuts for toggling the speed up and down by 0.1. Some movies have slow plots that you want to get through then action scene that need to be slowed down to catch the details. Having to leave full screen to constantly change speed breaks the narrative. Thank you for making a great extension.
- (2019-03-28) Jonathan DeBruyn: Hi, love how effective the extension is. My only complaint is that it's hard to adjust. Would it be possible to make it so that you can use the mouse wheel to change the speed, once you've clicked on it? Alternatively, being able to use the side arrows to adjust speed would also work. Also, it often displays the wrong speed on the icon if I switch tabs, but when I click on it, it has actually reset to 1x.
- (2019-03-26) Timmy White: It is disppointing that I can't control the playback speed by shortcut
- (2019-03-16) vishnu ravela: It is very useful if website doesn't have playback speed options. It is working perfectly.
- (2019-01-03) I Love Seminars: Need this to watch videos for work. Works on most videos. Only suggestion is to make toggle switch a little easier to go up .1. For Example from 1.7. to 1.9. It often skips to 2.2 or higher. Not a huge problem but would be nice to adjust a little more accurately. Great Work. Thanks
- (2018-10-30) Rasik Aryal: It works on almost of the websites i have tested. thank you for this simple, yet useful, extension.
- (2018-10-01) Numa Perez: I'm using it to speed through an online class and it works great. I particularly love the fact that you can speed up the video to whichever speed you'd like, rather than to a few discrete presets. Keep up the great work!
- (2018-08-09) Owen Cooper: Excellent I tried 4 other video speed up apps here and this is the only one that worked
- (2018-06-14) Hat4Hours: Great Extension. Only thing is that from what I see, it doesnt make a difference. I think it stops at 16x speed, and nothing happens past 16x speed.
- (2018-01-22) kyle Coleman: Awesome extension, works well!
- (2021-04-30, v:0.0.1) Doge Wow: same speed
This is the same speed like 16x speed, make it faster please!?
- (2021-03-20, v:0.0.1) Annika Möller: Suggestions for improvement
Firstly, thank you for making this! It has really helped me with watching online lectures for university at a faster rate (some professors speak extremely slowly...)! A few suggestions for improvement: - The speed resets to 1x as soon as I pause the video. This is really something that should be fixed, although I understand that the extension is still in beta. - Change the slider to something more user-friendly. It goes up very high very quickly and I think most people would be unlikely to go above 2x speed. Using the arrow keys does work, but I think this could still be improved. I like how the pop-up on the video screen works (with the clickable arrows to adjust the speed), so maybe change the extension tab to something similar to this. - Include an option to save your preferred speed and default to that at first when the extension is clicked on. It's a bit cumbersome to have to set the speed again on every video that I watch. Overall this is a really promising extension, and I think it could be awesome if these improvements are implemented.
- (2021-03-17, v:0.0.1) Nitin Soni: Shortcuts for playback speed
Please provide ability to set custum shortcut keys to the extension.. slider is not really usefull & is quite small to make pricise movements..
- (2020-04-21, v:0.0.1) Austin Johnson: A way to improve selection of speed control
Hello, First, thank you for developing this software! I love being able to change playback speed on sites where it is not already offered. I do find it hard to adjust the playback to precise rates between 1x and 2x playback. When I drag the mouse, it is very hard to place the slider exactly where I want it, since the movement of a single pixel makes the difference between 1.1, 1.4, 1.7, etc. So, I struggle with it until I can get close to the desired playback rate, but it is often quite a struggle for me. If there were a way to type in the desired rate, or if the section of the slider between 1x and 2x were larger and easier to accurately move along, I would greatly enjoy this. Again, thank you for offering this to the people. I appreciate your hard work and will continue to use this extension whether or not any changes are made. -A
- (2020-04-06, v:0.0.1) Zalmy Kotlarsky: shortcuts
Hi, i love this tool but it would be so much better if when loading a new video or webpage the speed would stay the same as it was set before. the arrows on the keypad work to change the speed but first you need to click on the extension and the bar to use the arrow keys, and it resets after every video.
- (2020-02-21, v:0.0.1) first name last name: Question
Dear Sir, The extension is very convenient! May I know is it open sourced? I really want to take a look at the source code. If not, may I know what is the idea of implementing speed control? Best regards, LUK
- (2020-02-08, v:0.0.1) Nathan Anon: Possible preferred speed and or quick toggle.
While the range of playback speeds definitely sets this extension apart I really can't imagine anyone goes past 4x unless they are skipping an ad. I would love for there to be a preferred playback speed option. One that could maybe be the default if clicked while leaving the incremental adjustments as more of a under the hood thing. Again love the product and am just voicing a common suggestion others have. You've made a great extension and I would only like to see it be even more streamlined.
- (2018-11-19, v:0.0.1) Adjustments
Love what it does......but. Hate the color changing, and can't shut it off. Checkbox doesn't stay checked. Very touchy to adjust. Maybe make the lower speeds take more slider movement to change? Maybe add some presets, but keep the slider also? I realize it's beta so perfection is not expected. Hopefully these suggestions are constructive! Very good start ! ! ! Vivaldi, latest update installed. Nov 19 2018