Modify video playback rate from regular speed up to 60 times quicker!
Video Playback Speed is perfect for those who love to speed up or slow down videos within a few clicks from any website. Here's some features: - Searches for <video> tags - Perfect for bypassing videos that don't allow skipping - Speed up or slow down the video playback for squeaky or deep voices - Works on YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, and so much more...! Although this extension is a work in progress, it will have many more features to come in the near future!
- (2020-02-08) Nathan Anon: Works with EVERYTHING, so far haven't found anything it hasn't worked with. While I wish there was either a shortcut or preferred setting option so I could more quickly get to 2x without any fuss that's a small issue with an otherwise flawless extension. There is no close second. Download this.
- (2020-02-01) Stephen Pasquini: I have been searching for something like this for every. Works with Netflix, Hulu, Plex, HBO and probably all the others! Thank you for making this!!! I wish I had found it earlier.
- (2020-01-28) Eduardø Brødzinski: It's awesome, but please change the slider.
- (2020-01-26) Audrey Ruyi: Works with Netflix too!
- (2019-05-14) Acer Aspire: Оценка 3 за красоту! За остальное в будущем! НЕОБХОДИМО добавить настройки : "СБРОС - Скорость воиспоизведения по умолчанию". И добавь, пожалуйста, настраиваемую перемотку видео вперёд/ назад! Заранее Спасибо!
- (2019-04-08) Anthony Wright: This is the only extension that i have found that works with Silver-light. That means Amazon Prime Video. Please create keyboard shortcuts for toggling the speed up and down by 0.1. Some movies have slow plots that you want to get through then action scene that need to be slowed down to catch the details. Having to leave full screen to constantly change speed breaks the narrative. Thank you for making a great extension.
- (2019-03-28) Jonathan DeBruyn: Hi, love how effective the extension is. My only complaint is that it's hard to adjust. Would it be possible to make it so that you can use the mouse wheel to change the speed, once you've clicked on it? Alternatively, being able to use the side arrows to adjust speed would also work. Also, it often displays the wrong speed on the icon if I switch tabs, but when I click on it, it has actually reset to 1x.
- (2019-03-26) Timmy White: It is disppointing that I can't control the playback speed by shortcut
- (2019-03-16) vishnu ravela: It is very useful if website doesn't have playback speed options. It is working perfectly.
- (2019-01-03) I Love Seminars: Need this to watch videos for work. Works on most videos. Only suggestion is to make toggle switch a little easier to go up .1. For Example from 1.7. to 1.9. It often skips to 2.2 or higher. Not a huge problem but would be nice to adjust a little more accurately. Great Work. Thanks
- (2018-10-30) Rasik Aryal: It works on almost of the websites i have tested. thank you for this simple, yet useful, extension.
- (2018-10-01) Numa Perez: I'm using it to speed through an online class and it works great. I particularly love the fact that you can speed up the video to whichever speed you'd like, rather than to a few discrete presets. Keep up the great work!
- (2018-08-09) Owen Cooper: Excellent I tried 4 other video speed up apps here and this is the only one that worked
- (2018-06-14) Hat4Hours: Great Extension. Only thing is that from what I see, it doesnt make a difference. I think it stops at 16x speed, and nothing happens past 16x speed.
- (2018-01-22) kyle Coleman: Awesome extension, works well!
- (2020-04-06, v:0.0.1) Zalmy Kotlarsky: shortcuts
Hi, i love this tool but it would be so much better if when loading a new video or webpage the speed would stay the same as it was set before. the arrows on the keypad work to change the speed but first you need to click on the extension and the bar to use the arrow keys, and it resets after every video.
- (2020-02-21, v:0.0.1) KA CHUN LUK: Question
Dear Sir, The extension is very convenient! May I know is it open sourced? I really want to take a look at the source code. If not, may I know what is the idea of implementing speed control? Best regards, LUK
- (2020-02-08, v:0.0.1) Nathan Anon: Possible preferred speed and or quick toggle.
While the range of playback speeds definitely sets this extension apart I really can't imagine anyone goes past 4x unless they are skipping an ad. I would love for there to be a preferred playback speed option. One that could maybe be the default if clicked while leaving the incremental adjustments as more of a under the hood thing. Again love the product and am just voicing a common suggestion others have. You've made a great extension and I would only like to see it be even more streamlined.
- (2018-11-19, v:0.0.1) Adjustments
Love what it does......but. Hate the color changing, and can't shut it off. Checkbox doesn't stay checked. Very touchy to adjust. Maybe make the lower speeds take more slider movement to change? Maybe add some presets, but keep the slider also? I realize it's beta so perfection is not expected. Hopefully these suggestions are constructive! Very good start ! ! ! Vivaldi, latest update installed. Nov 19 2018