A toolbar button for the Pinboard bookmarking service (http://pinboard.in).
A toolbar button for the Pinboard bookmarking service (http://pinboard.in). - Save a new bookmarks - Quick save new 'to read' bookmarks - Customisable menu (add/remove/reorder the items you want). - Keyboard navigation - Keyboard shortcuts (full support in Google Chrome 25 onwards) - Desktop notifications - Pinboard API token support (keep your password a secret)
- (2021-08-09) Doug S: Works more consistently than the other Pinboard Chrome extension. I have two feature requests: 1. Change icon color when page is saved 2. Create an option to eliminate the submenu - I want to click the icon and go straight into the form.
- (2017-09-07) Francesco Mari: Really bad ux
- (2017-08-03) Markku Tervahauta: Did not work
- (2017-04-02) Steve Song: Does just what I want. The only thing that would really improve it for me is if the icon in the taskbar changed colour to reflect when a site has already been pinned.
- (2016-05-25) Doug Leigh: Meh. It works, but it's not much more than an implementation of the bookmarklet function for iPad described at https://pinboard.in/howto/ and it doesn't suggest autocomplete tags based on past usage ... go for Pinboard Plus instead.
- (2016-01-31) 王超: 好用啊
- (2016-01-19) Mike Rottina: Nice work on this extension.
- (2015-11-24) Nice and simple. Good flexibility. Would be great if "add note" had a keyboard shortcut. In fact, every item should be able to have a shortcut.
- (2015-10-14) Aaron Marc Saunders: Great. Works really well for me. Would love to be able to save tab sets and link to my notes and bundles page from the button.
- (2015-09-02) Vincent Stone: Suggest tag not working Unread bookmarks not working.
- (2015-07-09) Swapneel Patnekar: Minimalistic and efficient. Works as expected. Thanks Sam for the extension.
- (2014-12-11) Andrei Simionescu: Meh. Tries to do too much
- (2014-10-27) Michał Wąsowski: Program sam sie notorycznie instaluje .
- (2014-03-03) Lewis Dexter Litanzios: Hey, Possible bug... Could you make the growl notification disappear on it's own - I should have to dismiss them? It never used to be like this? Great extension otherwise - never had grumbles before now. 3/5 stars until then. Kind thanks,
- (2014-02-19) Michael Timothy: Please add 'save tabs'. Otherwise, it's perfect.
- (2013-10-29) Philip John: Good except that it ALWAYS saves read later links as Private, which for some reason the Android app I use doesn't show. FRUSTRATING!
- (2013-10-14) Robbie Liu: Got jobs nicely done. It would be better if "save tabs" feature could be implemented.
- (2013-08-08) This is probably the most stable extension out there. With iOS, I recommend trying "Pushpin". August 8, 2013
- (2013-07-16) Easy to use and flexible. Confusing to set up, since there are stars next to menu items but they aren't clickable. You drag and drop them. Wrong icon for user expectations.
- (2013-06-14) Adrian Hoban: Need a R-click context menu way to add, please. Thank you.
- (2013-06-04) Sagie Maoz: Very well executed, I like the ability to customize the menu content and the fact that "New Bookmark" opens in a new window.
- (2013-05-01) V Sm: Great bookmarking app! Pinboard is my favorite bookmarking tool (and I've used them all!) - simple, reliable, straight-forward, with tons of customizable possibilities. This extension works just as it's supposed and I have yet to encounter any issues with it after more than a year of using it daily. FYI: In order to use this extension you'll need to already have a pinboard account. And if you don't have one, you can sign up for one beforehand. There's a one time sign-up fee for creating your account but it's really inexpensive and this is basically guarantees keeping spammers and other crizap out. **i'm not a promoter/pinboard employee - just a happy and frequent pinboard-er. :D
- (2013-04-27) Sean Flanigan: Does the job nicely. I like the fact that the New Bookmark page is in a new window, since it is less likely to disappear by accident (eg upon losing focus).
- (2013-04-18) Sadie Gecke: Thank you to the developer for creating and maintaining this extension. It has been a great time-saver - very convenient!
- (2013-01-31) David Clifford: to fix the cmd-L bug remove the extension and add it again. nice to have the extension working again!
- (2013-01-28) Bo Link: I'm going to second Conrad, Jason, and Sebastian. This is the best Pinboard extension, but the new update breaks CMD+L on the Mac version of Chrome. Please make the shortcuts configurable!!! EDIT: Looks like a new fix was pushed just recently. I had to remove and reinstall the extension to get CMD+L working again.
- (2019-04-23, v:2.2.5) Oliver Gorwits: Option to Read Later but not as Private
Hi! I often add bookmarks very quickly but do not want them to be Private. Can there be an option to click Read Later without the Private setting? Thanks!
- (2017-05-24, v:2.2.5) Edward G: Chrome Extension: Error Saving Read Later
Today I began receiving the following error message when clicking on Read Later: *********************** Error Saving Read Later Forbidden *********************** The Save Bookmark link works fine though. The last time I experienced a similar problems it was fixed right away but I wrote Pinboard as well so I don't know if it was just a fluke or what. Anyway, thanks for any efforts or help with fixing this.
- (2016-09-23, v:2.2.5) All Bookmarks Button Not Working
I love this plugin but the "All Bookmarks" button is going to the following page: https://pinboard.in/u:/ ... this page does not take you to the home screen that lists all of your bookmarks (its a 404). My suggestion is to add an option, like you have for the API box, where the user can add their username to the url string so that it goes to their home page of all bookmarks. So instead of https://pinboard.in/u:/ ... it would be: https://pinboard.in/u:MyUserName
- (2016-05-17, v:2.2.5) Dmitrii Nuzhin: Business proposal
Hello! I'm interested in your chrome extension . I want to buy it with the transfer of your google account or without it which means the transfer of the chrome extension in my account. I propose the price 500 $. We can bargain if your users are active. e-mail: [email protected] Dmitrii
- (2016-03-25, v:2.2.4) API Token
I get my pinboard token and put it in the box, then hit enter and it disappears. Then when I click on it to enter a new url, it says set up api token. What gives?
- (2016-02-11, v:2.2.4) Kevin Whited: snipped text
Greetings, When I highlight text in something I'm saving, only a very small part of the text winds up getting pulled in via this extension. I can cut and paste the text manually, but that's not nearly as nice as a larger amount of highlighted text coming in with no intervention. Can this be changed?
- (2015-10-27, v:2.2.2) Zhanna Luchezarova: Extansion buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Pinboard" for a very good price. Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2015-10-14, v:2.2.2) Aaron Marc Saunders: Tab sets
Hi. Great extension. Do you plan to implement saving tab sets?
- (2014-09-26, v:2.2.2) Gabriel Porras: suggest is not working
The "suggest" is not working is not showing any info when saving a bookmark. Thanks
- (2014-08-01, v:2.2.2) CTRL+L
Hi is there a way to disable CTRL+L shortcut? I wanna use it to highlight browser bar url! Thank you :)