Keeps the same tabs on all your machines. Tab changes are applied in real time on all of your devices.
The extension watches for tab changes and synchronizes them in real time across all of your computers that have it enabled (Chrome on Android does not support extensions yet). Btw you need to enable synchronization in the Chrome settings. Update: Since there were problems with some pages (redirects, logins etc.) and some users find the extension unstable I've added manual sync buttons. *You can toggle synchronization on/off from the extensions icon. *The extension works in unison with Chrome "On startup" settings : **If you choose "Open a new tab" - it will start with a new tab , and sync the tabs from other computers/previous session in the background . **If you choose "Continue where I left off" or a set of pages it will merge them with the sync tabs *Windows' and tabs' positions and size can be individual on each device , as the synchronization only takes in account the tabs' URLs. *It's implied that you want to keep your tabs across sessions . Otherwise (if tabs were removed at sessions' end) when you close the browser on one device - the tabs (therefore windows) on all other devices would close. *New tabs (chrome://newtab) and developer tools (chrome://developer-tools/*) are unaffected by the extension for fluency . *On sync (if a change is detected on another machine) the extension just compares two lists - URLs of all local tabs , and URLs that are synced on the last remote tab change. Differences are applied to the local tabs and that's it . That has its limitations , but the biggest advantages are simplicity and speed (along with the aforementioned "feature" (for me at least) that the tabs can be in different windows with different sizes on separate devices) . *Note that synchronization occurs only when all tabs have completed loading (otherwise it's a real mess for sites with login forms and not only) *For developers that want to check out the code - yes , it's open source, and you can check it out at GitHub : https://github.com/petko10/real-time-tab-sync . I've tried to document it well, so it can be used by anyone to learn about writing extensions. Thanks to Chris de Claverie for his contributions!
- (2020-10-20) Vishal Gupta: Working great so far...makes it very easy to work across my ChromeOS devices. Thank you for your work!
- (2020-08-06) Andi Fe: It actually does work. But you need to enable "Open Tabs" and "Extensions" to make it work. (Maybe History, too). Just "Open Tabs" & "History" doesn't seem to work. @Petko Ditchev - maybe you can describe the required minimal sync-settings somewhere or even inform the users when they are not enabled from within the extension menu..? Anyway - great extension, keep up the good work!!
- (2020-04-16) derrick g: Just want to report that this extension is NOT working in Chrome Edge browser.
- (2020-02-19) Ju: Doesn't sync anymore. Would be nice also if windows would be synced like tabs. But I think that's not possible due to system restrictions.
- (2020-02-18) matrix-tech .net: It had been great and worked well for the past year until recently it didn't sync anymore. Please fix or get back previous version? Thanks and I appreciate your free efforts.
- (2020-01-08) Richard Travers: A disaster. I had about 40 open tabs I wanted to sync to my other PC. As soon as I installed the app, it instanrly closed all tabs except one, and then synced that one tab. Now I have to manually reopen all 40 tabs, one at a time, from my history. What a pain.
- (2019-09-23) Matthew Greer: Great Idea! Doesn't work.
- (2019-08-19) Spencer Coplin: This extention looked like a great way to keep my home and office computers in sync for my work chrome profile, but I'm getting signed out of any websites after about 2-3 minutes of signing into them.
- (2019-03-06) Jere Moore: Syncs all to a single window. Not helpful.
- (2019-01-29) Sergey ZAK: Идея отличная, но работает криво. Нет настроек частоты синхронизации. Открывает сам кучу пустых вкладок. На одном ПК закрыл вкладку, вместо того чтобы закрыть её на втором ПК, он на первом повторно её открывает. Располагает вкладки хаотично. Удобнее было бы их сортировать по времени открытия или времени последнего просмотра
- (2019-01-02) Cyril sangorys: Cette extension est super intéressante en continuant de naviguer sur plusieurs ordinateurs. J'ai enlevé 1 étoile : o L'extension ne prend pas en compte le nombre de fenêtres ouvertes et tous les onglets se retrouvent dans la même fenêtre
- (2018-09-02) Krakers: I love the idea. I was looking for an extension like that. It works well but sometimes, when few devices works at the same time you close a tab and it appears back.
- (2018-05-16) Jean François Queralt: It worked well for a while and then it went full haywire. I ended up having to uninstall it after it opened, out of the blue, over 2000 new tabs. Was a nightmare to close them all without affecting legit working tabs... and the situation repeated all over in all of my devices that were synced. The idea is great and I thank the dev for implementing it. I'd ask that considering how many issues people are having to take it down or to update it properly. I am sure we are all willing to give proper feedback and help with this. PS: Agree with the idea that this should be a built-in feature on Chrome. Can't believe it's still not done.
- (2018-03-12) ben silker: Completely useless. Good idea but the execution is lacking. Alternately closed all tabs or bombarded my windows with dozens of tabs. Input was laggy so you could be working on one computer, switch to another, and have a "synced" tab close while it was being used. Silly.
- (2018-03-07) Does not work as expected. I have one laptop with multiple tabs open, I wanted to get the tabs to a second laptop, when I run this program, it took down the multiple tabs I had on the first laptop and opened the one tab I had just opened on the second laptop. All my search and work was gone in an instant, well, I could retrieve it by going to history. Not Happy
- (2017-12-07) Simon Heywood: It worked rather well for a day or two. I use both multiple windows and multiple tabs. Does not handle the multiple windows that well. However, I now get this tab proliferation problem reported elsewhere. Also the random open and closing of tabs. That has forced me to disable the add-in I am afraid.
- (2017-10-24) blueshtarsh: it screws up the tabs syncing
- (2017-08-08) Anand Taralika: I thought I found the perfect solution to my problem, till I used it for a day. My problem is I have 2 laptops, and I use both of them interchangeably, so need all my Chrome tabs to be identical on both computers, in-sync, in real-time, seamlessly without me having to take any action. And this extension was perfect because that's what it was supposed to do. It did keep tabs in sync, but here's the big bug I encountered: Even w my laptop 2 is closed, and I'm browsing in Chrome on laptop 1, suddenly some tabs will close, or reopen. Also, I was filling a form on a website, and it was a bit long, so took me couple mins to fill - and suddenly the page just refreshed and I lost all my edits. This happened everytime I tried it until I realized it was this extension that was causing it. To confirm, I removed this extension, and now it's been over an hour and the form is still as is with my data filled in! I would love to use this extension but in its current form it's too buggy to use. Please fix it, I might even pay for it if it really does a good job.
- (2017-02-17) Will Conner: It's great when it works well, but it likes to randomly open hundreds of blank tabs on all my devices. It makes chrome unusable as it consumes gb's of ram.
- (2017-01-27) Stoyan Ivanov: I use this extension for several months now. It is limited, but simple. Also it is not perfect and has some flaws. But for now I find it very useful and I will continue to use it.
- (2017-01-08) For some reason it randomly opens up 100 empty new tabs which is frustrating but probably user error. I love that concept... it's limiting and buggy or at least not clear how to use effectively. Needs a good manual or a detailed 40-minute instructional. But I love it. This should be a built-in feature on Chrome.
- (2017-01-03) I really wanted to like this, but it just doesn’t work reliably. Tabs do not open instantaneously. Sometimes, they sync pretty quickly. Other times it can several minutes. Worse, if you close a tab on one computer before it syncs, it might pop up on the second computer causing it to reappear on the second computer. In addition, pinned tabs do not sync as pinned tabs. And tabs do not appear in the same order nor do they even appear on the same page, if you have more than one open. If this extension worked, it would be a great addition to Chrome. But it’s just not ready for prime time.
- (2016-11-24) Haohmaru HL: I worked only once, after i installed it. Doesn't work anymore.
- (2016-07-25) Frijo Joseph: Brilliant app. Slick.
- (2016-07-05) Mohy Eid: Does nothing. Installed it in 2 devices in the same network and logged in using the same google account, and no syncing is happening.
- (2016-06-30) Muammar El Khatib: It does what I expected. I use this extension to keep synced tabs opened in the two OS installed in my laptop. So far so good. Maybe there are things to improve later, but it works.
- (2016-06-07) Wil Cas: Like it, but this happens when I am using 2 devices at the same time http://screencast.com/t/za8SAxvYC Also doesn't get along with One Tab extension. Also slow to sync.
- (2016-03-30) Modestos Stavrakis: Quite stable. I would love to be able to sync pinned tabs, as pinned. If not possible then being able to exclude them would also work.
- (2016-03-23) Sparky Hart: kills my section. does not cope with more than around 5-8 tabs open. sync is slow and doesn't keep them in the same order or on separate windows. randomly closes tabs. it would really help to see what is going on in the cloud when things stop syncing or randomly close stuff.
- (2016-03-11) Dylan Bruun: Update: more stability lately so as mentioned, this extension is worth full marks. Thanks! --------------------- This is exactly what I was looking for. Only issue is that I'm also having the "dozens of new tabs opening up issue" that some of the other reviewers mentioned. If this gets stabilized I'll be bumping this up to 5.
- (2020-11-22, v:1.3.2) Kabraxis Luvos: Sync issues
First of all I want to say thank you for your brilliant work, your addon really makes my life much easier in keeping my browser sync on every device, and I use quiet some devices. This leads to my question, often when I add a new device (fresh install of Chrome, adding G-account, activating sync, installing addon) the new devices overwrites the saved tabs and I end up loosing all my tabs on my other devices. What am I doing wrong? Also there is an issue how the tabs are sorted after sync. Usually I have the tabs sorted like A, B, C, D but when the tabs are synced with the other device the sorting it like A, D, C, B or other sorting. Is there a way to prevent this? Cheers
- (2020-09-17, v:1.3.2) Silver Sternfeldt: Exeptions
Love the extension. But is there a way to make exceptions for certain tabs? I recently started using chrome's "pin" function so my most used sites would be open all the time on the left side. Sync keeps changing them, however. Or is there a workaround?
- (2020-06-10, v:1.3.2) Jay Brown: sync windows?
Can you sync separate windows? I tend to organize by window, but this only syncs tabs to a single window. (specifically on chrombeooks)
- (2020-03-04, v:1.3.2) elroque: Scheduling
Is there a way have an option that allows scheduling? For Example,the extension only syncs tabs at specific times.
- (2020-02-15, v:1.3.0) Mark-Steven S.: Synchronization has stopped working
Im using version 1.3.0 and since a past days, the synchronisation won't work on any of my 4 devices. Latest chrome updates are installed.
- (2019-06-11, v:1.2.1) Alex Ikon: order of tabs
Syncing the order of the synced tabs would be nice. Right now the extension just opens tabs from another computer and put them in the end of tab list. It's inconvinient when you go back and forth between two computers and have some common tabs on both of them. Contact me please if you need details.
- (2019-06-04, v:1.2.1) John Hwang: Is it working now?
No sync happens.
- (2019-05-01, v:1.2.1) Nathan Brown: Does it sync them with a file on a cloud service?
For example, I have a dual boot computer, so when one chrome session is connected to the internet, the other isn't. Does it sync the tab list to OneDrive/Google Drive so that when it switches, the changes are synced then, instead of requiring both to be connected at the same time....
- (2018-03-30, v:1.2.0) Diogo Jorge: Pined tabs
It would be awesome if pined tabs could remain pined when change computers, it makes a huge diference on the workflow because every time I open the browser in a different computer I have to manually pin my tabs
- (2018-03-11, v:1.2.0) James Garrison Barnes: Not Syncing
The extension synced tabs to 2nd computer the first time it was on, but has never synced anything else between either computer, nor have computer #2 tabs ever been synced to #1. Great concept, but it just doesn't work.
- (2018-03-01, v:1.2.0) cant activate in Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m
I just installed this to Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 m and it is greyed out and wont save the toggles when i turn them on
- (2018-02-27, v:1.2.0) Rogerio M. Souza: Excellent!
Very good work, dear Petko Ditchev! The interesting thing is that this extension causes ChroMe (ChroMe, Canary, ChroMium) to reopen the closed tabs in the event of a interruption/crash. Thank you!
- (2017-12-22, v:1.2.0) Divya Manglam: When will it be available for chrome for Android?
Is there a plan to extend the feature to chrome for Android as well in the future?
- (2017-09-23, v:1.2.0) Brian Martin: Sync changes order of tabs between browsers
It's an annoyance, but the sync should keep tabs in order / consistent across browsers. Thanks!
- (2017-08-04, v:1.2.0) Anand Taralika: Sync tabs in their own windows
If on computer 1 I open 2 windows and open tabs in each window, then on computer 2 - this extension should create the same 2 windows with same tabs in each window. Currently on computer 2 it just opens all tabs in single window which is very disruptive. This is a good extension, but with just this 1 change, it can become extremely powerful.