Control your tabs with tiles - useful for large monitors and full screen (F11) browsing.
This extension displays a window's tabs in a bar along the top or bottom of the screen, useful for when browsing in full screen (F11) mode. The tiles are larger, so easier to click on than the usual browser tabs. It also allows navigating through the tabs using the keyboard, using the left and right keys. Press Enter to select a tab. Other features include: Type-to-search: start typing to enter keywords in the tabtiles address bar, press Enter to search. Choose when to display the bar: for normal restored windows, when maximized or in full screen mode. And / or auto-hide when not in use. Customize the size of the bar, to a percentage of the window height. Show popup hints, containing the full title and address of the page. -- Check out my other extension - search the web store for Last Tab Back. -- Release history: 0.9.0 Hide when viewing some media players full screen 0.8.13: Changed to allow clicking through to the page in areas where there aren't any tabs; now shows Untitled for pages with no title, and PDF Document for .pdf files - to allow the pdf viewer buttons to be clicked more easily 0.8.12 - Manually disable type-to-search or keyboard tab navigation; now allows 1-pixel activation height for auto-hide mode; set interval for hiding or switching back to mini mode; middle mouse button closes tab. 0.8.11 - Selected tab now has extra highlighting to make it easier to quickly locate. Fixed a bug where mouse clicks outside of the bar sometimes select a different tab when the button is released (i.e. when the mouse button was held down and then released at a different location). 0.8.10 - Changed to allow specifying the percentage size of mini mode compared to normal; also to allow setting the popup hint to "centered" 0.8.9 - The first (leftmost) button now shows the time and date in a hint. When using the wheel to move through tabs, mouse movement is deactivated until moved by a small amount. 0.8.8 - Added a history button within the address bar. Delete can now be pressed to close non-selected tabs when in keyboard navigation (left / right) mode. Fixed a bug that was preventing selecting tabs correctly if somehow no tab was selected 0.8.7 - Minor fixes for the new pinning integration 0.8.6 - Disabled displaying when printing the page (ie. on paper) 0.8.5 - Added support for pinning tabs - right click twice to do this 0.8.4 - Fixed minor zoom bug (not related to standard chrome zoom) 0.8.3 - Fixed a bug that caused the bar to go off screen at some chrome zoom levels 0.8.2 - Fixed bug in hide when right clicking the address bar close button 0.8.1 - Moving the mouse will cause the bar to be displayed, if it hasn't already. This helps with delays caused when the page being viewed tries to refer to slow / offline third party sites. Also, minor bug fixes 0.8.0 - Updated the button layout; click to close now snaps partly off-screen tiles to edges; fixed bugs relating to the bar not being displayed on some sites, and being damaged by chrome's translate feature 0.7.4 - Now allows address bar navigation to a new tab for both URL and search keywords; click-to-close message for selected tab is smaller for narrow tabs; fixed minor bugs 0.7.3 - Fixed a problem resizing tiles after some are closed (and auto-hide is enabled) 0.7.2 - Corrected issues regarding switching between mini and normal mode - wasn't re-sizing as intended 0.7.1 - Fixed bug where right-hand item does not correctly focus 0.7.0 - Initial release
- (2021-07-13) Miguel Garza: I love the look, I love the idea...but all the tabs except the active one have their titles obscured because they are "https:/" (secure) sites. This renders the extension pretty much useless. At the moment I am trying Blitz Fullscreen URL Launcher, which provides a vertical list of open tabs (the *full* title of each) at the press of a keyboard shortcut. So, for my purposes (getting some tab functionality back whilst in fullscreen mode), that extension is my go-to for now.
- (2020-10-23) Earwen: Excelente. Ahora me queda mas cómodo en un monitor colocado en vertical.
- (2020-04-11) John Weiss: Seems to slow down pages.
- (2019-04-16) 1 Anderson Rafael - C: no soy de dejar reseña pero esta extencion se merece eso y mas justamente lo que estaba buscando, sencilla pero muy eficaz
- (2018-12-28) Pierre PP: Nice autohide tab-bar extension. On my Linux or Windows machines I was missing the similar functionality that is builtin in my chromebook but this seems to replace it. Thanks
- (2018-08-19) Samer T: does not work with google chrome 68
- (2018-05-05) Henrique Derosa: Oh. I couldn't use it, it doesn't show here. The extension was activated, but maybe it is not compatible with my Chrome version or something. :(
- (2018-01-22) You InOne: 탭닫기버튼 비활성 어떻게함?
- (2016-09-20) Raiden Roy: You are about to read some bad English and I am really sorry about it I am not a native English speaker. Loved this extension thanx for making it. Just to note that there is a flag called "Extensions on chrome:// URLs" right now it does nothing but later this year it seems like chrome team will enable this flag functionality so plz add this functionality later this year and Another request is as you know from many users here 'secure page' is there is any way we can see the title I think it's hard to do it because if it was easy then you would have already fix this problem keep making progress 😉 2nd one is is there is any we can change the color of the tabs if you are not working on it yet and if you plan to add this feature in future then plz note something let the user choose their own colors by this way every user will be happy. thanx that's all I have to say May you keep developing this awsm posm extension 🙂
- (2016-09-15) Reset 77: this extension has so much potential, could be the best thing to happen to chrome, looking for something like this for over a year no other extension does this but..... there are just big problems 1- the 'Secure page' instead of tab name break the usability point of the extension not being able to see tabs names, its like just having favicons 2- the color theme is extreme orange, please make something dark, or black and white or give the ability to change color, or show in the documentation where to change it 3- the scroll tabs feature seems cool but tabs are too wide space could be less 4- the font in the search bar is too big this extension has so much potential, hope you still developing it and can fix the bugs man, Thanks!!
- (2016-08-05) Rose Rodent: I'm so close to loving this, but i don't because there doesn't seem to be a way to scroll it with on screen controls, I have to use the mouse. I only wanted it so I can get bigger buttons for talet mode, ie when there's no mouse. Can i scroll lef and right using the touch screen somehow? 5* if I can
- (2016-04-20) Prakash A: Exactly what I am looking for. That's a great extension. Some more additional features would be pretty 1. Always open the chrome in full screen mode 2. Refresh Button 3. Close All 4. View Bookmarks
- (2016-01-03) Jason Deveau: it seems to stay right in the middle of pages. Also it is ignoring my minimum size defeating the purpose.
- (2015-10-11) Plamcheg: Отлично.
- (2014-12-10) Fred J. Cimo Jr.: Using the Tab's Name or allowing suppression of the "secure page" as the Tile Name would be considerably BETTER!!!
- (2014-11-08) Samar Abidi: does what it says! suggestions: 1) mouse scrolling on hover should change tabs, not just highlight them 2) include right and left arrow one edges (somewhere in the middle) to toggle between tabs
- (2014-08-12) What I was looking for, but I have a suggestions: original chrome-like design tabs would be perfect. There are a couple of CSS tutorials on how to achieve this. I would actually suggest to replicate the bar completely!
- (2014-03-08) Lisa Grubbs-Carter: Didn't like it at all. Works as it says in description, but all of the extra tiles popping up was very distracting.
- (2013-11-27) Nicolas Kudeba: Please please please allow dragable options for touch screens. It is very difficult currently to navigate across multiple tabs; if I could just drag to the left or right to see the corresponding left or right tabs, that would be incredibly helpful!
- (2013-10-13) Kiri Meas: Great! I love this app much, it works so well. I thank you.
- (2013-08-17) LAURA FORERO: no se que hacer con este programa
- (2013-07-23) Robert Eliot: Great ! Can you add an option to hide or disable history button ?
- (2013-06-06) Jeff Ladwig: Great... Would love to have an option to launch Chrome in full screen mode. I know you can add the - kiosk to the command line for the desktop version but I am using Tabtiles with the Metro or Modern version of Chrome. Problem with running the desktop version of Chrome in fullscreen is you have no access to the start menu/screen while in full screen. The Metro or modern version you are still able to access the start menu/screen.
- (2013-02-21) Syu Qian: I dislike the zoom in when hover to the tab. The fullscreen tab disappear in Option/Extension/tabtiles option pages. I think it needs to be simple and neat, so it will look nicer.
- (2013-01-02) David Bar-Shain: Great but needs bug fix: when I am scrolling forward through a PDF, the tiles get repeated in a multiple horizontal lines going up the page.
- (2012-10-26) Coshiv Rohan: great, but it needs to load with the webpage, not really useful till the webpage full loads though. but I will give 5 star since it's the only extension that supports Full Screen Browsing.