Replace background YouTube™ videos with more efficient audio, for less distractions.
Radio Mode for YouTube™ removes the video from the page, leaving just the audio, for less distractions. Ever listen to music on YouTube in the background? Ever see your computer slow down or hear the fans start spinning? Simply click the Radio icon in the YouTube player to remove the video. If you are playing a playlist, every video will be blanked out automatically. * This only works with the HTML5 YouTube player. Videos that are forced to play in Flash, such as VEVO, will not work with the plugin. * This does not save on bandwidth, just CPU usage and potential distractions. Usage based on a single video playing. CPU usage reduced by ~50%. YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2020-02-19) Alexandria Schulz: NOT WORKING
- (2019-01-14) Lohengrin Percival: Very buggy, doesn't work most of the time.
- (2018-02-02) Marcin Siniarski: Works great and really works on reducing CPU usage. I am not giving 5/5 because it doesn't work work with playlists.
- (2017-03-01) Aditya Galih Wicaksono: currently the addons not working, its work great before. please fix it
- (2016-12-10) Max Gromov: 5 start!! help me a lot (i listening in background and now i d'ont over load my pc
- (2016-11-13) Christos: not working in some videos in playlists
- (2016-09-21) Goddess Claes Cummings: This extension was just what I needed. It helps me stay focused by not getting distracted from videos while looking for something to listen to. As of the last windows 10 update it doesn't seem to be working anymore :( I'll give it 5 stars once fixed.
- (2016-09-14) Madis: Works even in YouTube TV!
- (2016-08-09) Gabriel Casanova: lo único que hace es ocultar la imagen, pero el flujo de datos es el mismo, te consume igual y te demora lo mismo en cargar.
- (2016-06-23) Mad Gemini: Perfect
- (2016-04-05) Yiorgos Ploumakis: This is exactly what i was looking for my old netbook! Thank you!
- (2016-03-19) Álvaro de León Rodríguez: The video is still loading. Not save bandwidth. it's a lie.
- (2016-01-16) Neighborhood Guide: Still loaded in the video in the background...
- (2015-12-19) Raul Odreman Mora: Me gustó, pero si trabajara como un radio en una pequeña ventana sería aun mejor.
- (2015-10-29) Rodrigo Garcia Martin: Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2015-08-11) shankar narayanan: Brilliant ! Does the job as described and as i expected...
- (2015-07-14) It works! YouTube is clunky and heavy, and when I only want to listen to the audio anyway, Radio Mode keeps the video from playing and using up more CPU and memory than is needed. Thank you very much for this simple, effective, and highly convenient extension 8)
- (2015-06-04) Tony Mucci: This a simple, yet excellent plugin. I would agree it would be nice to silence the annotations (even a $('.ytp-button ytp-segmented-control-selected').click() or something would be a quick fix and increase your quality even more.) However, it still rocks and saved me time from writing my own. :)
- (2014-10-16) mallikarjun bhargav: very good feature much needed just want to know if audio mode save on bandwidth also
- (2014-10-10) Jose Caballero: Which there was an option to always on. Otherwise works perfectly.
- (2014-10-03) Profe Manja: Me encanto, exactamente lo que buscaba
- (2014-08-13) Davis Graham: Works just as advertised, but it would be even better if it would automatically block annotations while in "Radio Mode." If the awesome developer added that it would be 5 star material.
- (2014-07-04) William Blyth: Great for non vivo vids :)
- (2014-05-22) Clément Doire: Wonderful !
- (2017-10-12, v:2.0.1) Adam G: Navigating to a new video
When navigating to a new video it will still show the videos now. I actually have to toggle the video on and off to make it work again
- (2017-09-01, v:2.0.1) DESIIFV: youtube
Buena tardes como funciona????????
- (2017-05-04, v:2.0.1) Cannot play when turn it on
The App could work well to turn screen into black and play audio without video. But now the Youtube is halt after turn on this App. BTW, turn it off and refresh then can play video and audio both again.
- (2016-09-23, v:2.0.1) Misha Chizhovskiy: bandwidth usage
Are the videos still downloaded whole or will youtube only use my connection for audio? I want to primarily use this app to play online games with music from youtube, but my connection is pretty bad and it lags whenever a new video is loaded.
- (2015-12-18, v:2.0.1) Boris Chistyakov: CPU Usage Is Back
I noticed that even with video off it still uses same CPU power as with video and I remember this was not the case before.
- (2015-08-06, v:1.2) Elvis Furtado: The plugin does not work
I believe there has been an update in YouTube's design due to which your plugin's icon is no longer present. I really love using your plugin, but this is a hinderance, if possible can you please check it?