Search bookmarks and do whatever you can imagine.
This extension focuses on searching. If you have many bookmarks and folders, you can easily access by searching. Of course, beside searching, It's full of useful functions. This extension stems from my extensive experience of Chrome bookmarks. Since Using it, I found myself struggling with missing functions such as searching for special characters. I'm not sure there might be someone like me using thousands of bookmarks. If you're a bookmarkholic like me, I bet you'll find how powerful this could be. I hope many of you find usefulness in this extension. [GitHub] https://github.com/HyunWooBro/Bookmark-Manager-Plus ==================================== Features: ==================================== Basic filter options - Filter by page or folder visibility - Sort by hierarchy, title, url, added date - Search by date Advanced search options - Highlights queries in result items - Case sensitive - Limit scope - more ... Badge Display (you can select in option) - Same Domain Bookmark Number - Total Bookmark Number - Today Bookmark Number Contextmenu Providing additional view for preview or dnd(drag and drop) Can search with any special characters Search history ==================================== Summary of keyboard shortcuts ==================================== - Ctrl + a : select all - Ctrl + c : copy - Ctrl + x : cut - Ctrl + v : paste - Ctrl + s : edit search box - Ctrl + e : edit item - Ctrl + f : add folder - Ctrl + b : add page - Ctrl + Shift + a : append/remove view - Ctrl + r : reset icon toolbar options - Delete : delete item - Left arrow / Backspace : explore backward - Right arrow : explore forward ==================================== Tips ==================================== - Clicking a page icon opens the page in the current tab - Clicking a page icon with Ctrl key opens the page in another tab - Clicking a page icon with Shift key opens the page in another window - Clicking a folder icon opens the folder in the current view - Clicking a folder icon with Ctrl key opens the folder in the other view (only if you appended View) ==================================== Patch list: ==================================== v0.9.0 - released v0.9.1 - Added date limit - Preview also prints item count - Fixed an issue when opening pages on a new window v0.9.2 - Optimized Search - Fixed an issue where scroll remained when exploring or searching v0.9.3 - Fixed an issue where the number of deleted items was shown as NaN - Fixed an issue where Preview overwrote View - Fixed an issue where cancel button didn't work - Fixed an issue where an explore list was hidden by the frame separator - Renamed to "Bookmark Manager Plus" v0.9.4 - Optimized Search - Fixed an issue where sync error on the folder list set before occurred v0.9.5 - Added dropdown selectors to pick the month and year - Fixed an annoyance with icon toolbars not closed - Fixed an issue where html tags in the item title caused errors (introduced by v0.9.4 optimization) - Added date limits - Added an issue where the calendar toolbar suddenly closed after selecting a date v0.9.6 - Added helper buttons to the icon toolbar for date - Explore history is now synced - Clickable Explore arrow now looks black v0.9.7 - WARNING : The current version(0.9.7) is not compatible with the previous versions because internal implementation has changed. If you want to update, you should first remove the extension and reinstall - Fixed an issue where Explore history didn't work on another computer - Added text for current mode (Search or Explore) on the footer panel - Added 'Real-Time Apply' option which allows option changes to be applied in real time - Rearranged Search Filter options and some options can be disabled according to its depending option's state - Empty string search now starts only by manual click or Enter - Incremental Search is now default on - Warning Count only applies to Search and no longer asks for confirmation - 'URL Match' or 'Title Match' no longer affects Explore - Folder in use can't be deleted v0.9.8 - Fixed an issue where Explore arrows on the appended View didn't work properly - Fixed an issue where Search by Enter worked twice - Optimized 'Scope Limit' - Optimized Search and Explore by applying cache partly - 'Incremental Search' now only works for longer than 2 letters - Explore history list is now available (right-mouse click on Explore arrows) - Explore sibling list now highlights the selected folder and auto scrolls to it - Folded groups now show the number of items and have background colors v0.9.9 - Fixed an issue where selecting items didn't work with the cursor out of range - Fixed an issue where infinite loop occurred in wildcard or regular expression search - Fixed an issue where a group with empty title in sorting by title didn't work properly - Fixed an issue where the appended view was affected by some icon toolbar options - The appended view is now retained on restart - Keyboard shortcuts are added - An option for reset is added - Highlight is now given to added or moved items - Suppressed an alert poping up on moving items in the same folder - Optimized refresh ==================================== TODO list: ==================================== code refactoring, optimization user customization(custom syntax highlight, color, etc) autocomplete results suggestion separator undo column info (like Windows Explore) preview highlight (when viewing higher parent folders) fix known small bugs considering introducing treeview considering implementing bookmark statistics considering tags, memos, rating what else? Just let me know what you think. I'm open to all suggestions. Any idea or complaint would be welcome. I love this extension, so I'll do my best with any cool idea. If you love it, support me.
- (2019-12-16) Aaditya: Fantastic bookmarks manager. The ease to navigate through my multiple nested folders is freaking awesome. I can easily discover some of my long forgotten bookmarks and organize them according to my present needs. Also the UI is perfectly sized and the extension doesn't tries to hijack my newtab like some other managers.
- (2019-12-10) KC Chen: The reason I installed it is that I want to find under what folder/subfolders a specific bookmark is located or where it is in root directory. This extension does more than what I expected, it shows the bookmarks fitting my search criteria and show the complete path of them, too. After some survey, I found it has a myriad of search features than I'm asking for. I'm super satisfied and recommend this to those heavy-bookmark users.
- (2019-09-25) Stephen Church: Really good extension, allows for searching and re-organizing of bookmarks. Nice job.
- (2019-09-25) Vanja Lovretić: it does what i want to do with my bookmarks. it sorts folders, subfolders etc, in difference with some other "sorters" where one action is applyed to ALL bookmarks. BUT. when i do what i want to do, resorted order is only in this add-on cache/memory, but original bookmarks in chrome are still in same old order. i probably missing something, but extension is self-explanatory and there is not much space to do something wrong. please, if someone know am i wrong, or not. thanks!
- (2019-05-27) Marc Taylor: Did NOTHING, but send me back to the website to get the SAME DAMNED THING. USELESS POS.
- (2019-05-14) Aboobaker Mahomed: Really powerful as a search tool! Doesnt show your bookmarks initially but thats fine as this is designed to be a search tool! love it
- (2019-05-08) Daniel Corral: Es la mejor aplicacion para Bookmarks que existe en Chrome Web Store
- (2019-03-21) Streisand Effect: Doesn't search all bookmarks. Should be about 100 results, but only shows 2-4. Pretty major bug, since that makes this extension completely useless.
- (2019-03-17) AD G: It can't find a 1 character search, example is, colon, greater sign, slashes, question marks. Why search for this, because these symbols saves in chrome will not show up in IE because they are system reserved characters and I need to use Windows Explorer to remove duplicate URLs. Why, because super sorter my remove duplicates, it doesn't remove all duplicates.
- (2019-02-17) Josh P: to see all your bookmarks click the search bar and hit enter...all your bookmarks will pop up and you can actually do something from there...when i opened this all i saw was a blank white box. it took me about 5 minutes to figure this out. the main reason i wanted this extension was for the second window you can open so i could manage bookmarks easier... i havent gotten to try much of it yet so im hoping it does what im looking for.
- (2019-02-11) Sharee co.: Shows Just a empty window. No folders, No Bookmarks. Tried anything. no change.
- (2018-12-22) Malte Laurids Brigge: This should really be relabeled as a Bookmark Search extension because you can't manage bookmarks with it. I imagine it would be quite helpful to search within thousands of bookmarks. You can search with two terms with a space between - I don't understand the clunky +-V functions when it doesn't help to add or subtract from your query, only to see past queries but that's the same on any form. I also don't understand group but I'm not currently studying db or stats, but if you are... go nuts. Give the creator some props for a good bookmark search engine. I'd simply rebrand it. (If I'm missing more that it does, everyone is because nothing else is explained. Why not write it up in Korean and get Google to translate or people viewing it can for themselves?) Thanks for sharing your extension. I don't see anyone else has here, including me :)
- (2018-12-03) Trần Minh Hiếu: It'd be better if i can sync all my chrome bookmarks to this extension
- (2018-10-11) Tom Stein: It would be useful if immediately after activation any text would go into the search box or if folders would open with a simple (not double) click. Yes, you can use 1.000 booksmarks with this extension. But it takes time and clicks.
- (2018-08-09) Rohit Paliwal: Installed this, but I don't see it doing anything or any documentation on how to make it work with my existing bookmarks in my chrome and organise them.
- (2018-07-21) Jason Darrell: For a user who's built this extension because they struggled to search through the thousands of bookmarks they had created via alternative means and then not offer a way to import bookmarks into the app they built is somewhat mind-boggling. No use whatsoever.
- (2018-07-20) Rombout Versluijs: I dont see any of my bookmarks. Just tried this in chrome 67, all is empty?
- (2018-07-17) George Gevorkyan: HyunWooBro, Please, make a hotkey to open Bookmarks menu For Vivaldi support: You need to change entry point from getExploreItem("0"); to getExploreItem("1"); in script.js and extension will work fine
- (2018-07-16) Satix OK: I used to work with the "atomic bookmarks" extension. Had some weird bugs there so I looked for an alternative. And I found one with Bookmark Manager Plus. Clean UI, great search options. Finally I can master my huge collection of bookmarks! Thank you! "Aww, where did I put that bookmark from that shady amateur porn video again?" - said no one ever using Bookmark Manager Plus
- (2018-05-14) perfetto
- (2018-05-06) Anna Lippert: Very useful. Thank you!
- (2018-05-04) Steve Jones: Empty box. Does literally nothing. Really disappointing. Google's bookmark manager is pretty bad, but it at least shows me my bookmarks.
- (2018-03-03) James Johnson: Fabulous indeed! Just wish I could get a full & complete operating manual. Any available Guys? Thanks soooo much for the time & effort you spent. Appreciated, Jim
- (2018-01-26) K Le Blanc: Excellent extension! BEST of its kind i've found and i've tried a lot! It's the only one i've tried that is able to select multiple files at the same time and move/copy them. It has an incredible amount of features to search/manage bookmarks (filters, sorting,keyboard shortcuts,etc.) Thank you for the great work! I find it very useful. You asked for suggestions so here you go: USABILITY/ERGONOMICS: - Icons disapear when working offline. - TREE VIEW is essential to organise boolmarks: it allows users to see the content of multiple folders at the same time and have a better visibility of what they are doing. I'm suprised your extension doesn't have it as so many extension in the store implemented it. I guess it depends on what the user is used to. Chrome bookmark manager doesn't have a tree view either but i think it's really lacking specialy when you have folders that are numbered or with non name. - Edit and delete buttons on the result section are redundant as they already are in the context menu that we always use for copy/paste. - We should be able to disable/enable all bars like we can do with the group bar if we don't need or use and disabling/enabling toolbars should be on the main menu/setting to be easier to find. - So much buttons can be overwhelming and look a little cluttered. Search bar should take the whole width of the pop-up letting only one the menu icon. Tool-set would only appear/be revealed if we click on the plus(+) button. - It would be nice if we could use previous and next buttons of the mouse to explore backward and forward (i know there are keyboard shortcuts but i tend to use the mouse for that. Design: - Should be as close as possible to chrome ui design for better integration: - For the serach bar, i'm not a fan of the yellow background (dark grey on light yellow don't provide enough contrast for me). You can't go wrong if you take google omnibox search in terms of colors, size,etc.). The search icon should only appear when the serach bar is in focus. - For the tool set, i think there's no need for yellow background or broders. Only icons and with if possible with diffent colors to be able to differentiate them and find them quicker like in the google toobar. - For the explore bar, i'd love something closer to the windows file explorer (color, size and place of the arrows,etc.)and a folder icon instead of the blue star. - For the toggle switch, you should look at the new entension page to take a look at the google toggle switch design. - Possibility to change the font size and font familly from the settings would be nice and possibility to customise popup via custom styles like in the extention neater bookmarks would be awesome.