The simple and easy way to view personally identifiable information (PII) in Google Analytics.
- (2018-01-28) Cody Henderson: Absolutely amazing extension. Provides so much more value to our company's use of Google Analytics. Currently have it configured to be able to display a user's name, email, and company. Really easy to set up, but the only thing that caught me off guard was that it seems you have to access GA direct from the link in the PII Viewer settings in order for the bottom toolbar to appear.
- (2015-05-26) Purushothaman Anbazhagan: Nice extension (thumbsup)
- (2015-05-19) Hrafnkell Sigurðsson: Very helpful extension also the youtube tutorial is very helpful in teaching you how to user google analytics better
- (2020-09-14, v:0.0.14) Justice Nerenberg: Does it work retroactively?
Thank you sir for this wonderful tool, but does it work retroactively for MailChimp data? I have been sending MailChimp campaigns with GA integration for years, but I have no custom dimensions or USER ID's defined, if I set this up can I see past MailChimp data in GA? Thank you.
- (2020-06-10, v:0.0.14) Margaux Chiquita: Issue to upload csv file
Hello, first, thanks for providing us this amazing tool. I was able to download a csv file few months ago, and now i've a new one to upload but it's not working. When i click on my file, it's closing the window and I still see the blue button "Upload a file". I'm on Windows 10 Pro. Thank you!
- (2019-04-28, v:0.0.14) bobby hicks: downloading code
Hi David, thanks so much for developing this extension!! I have set up the custom user id dimension and uploaded the sample csv to my google account. I am just not sure where I am supposed to copy and paste the tracking code for new dimension. Thanks!
- (2019-04-11, v:0.0.14) Reginald Mullin: this extension isn't working due to file type error
First, let me say thank you for creating this extension, David. It's sorely needed. Unfortunately, it's not working for me (I'm using Windows 10; Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit). I even tried it with the sample.csv file with no luck (see http://prntscr.com/naoey7). Anyway, please take a look at it when you get a chance. For the time being, I'm going to remove it.
- (2018-12-12, v:0.0.14) franco vanzini: Can t upload my .csv
Uncaught type error: cannot read properly "for each" of undefined at fileReader.reader.onload (options.js:257)...... What should I do?
- (2018-11-29, v:0.0.14) about extension
extension is not working. how should i add csv?
- (2018-10-02, v:0.0.14) Nick Bouton: Quota storage error
Hi David - we're trying to load a rather large CSV (5.3MB) and I'm seeing the following error crop up: options.js:23 ++ PII Viewer uses Google Analytics to anonymously track extension usage. Especially capturing errors. options.js:177 ++ file type: text/csv options.js:243 +++ Importing lines: 13437 options.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError while running storage.set: QUOTA_BYTES quota exceeded at FileReader.reader.onload (chrome-extension://kocaompbindpaanpabjeeechkofidmbh/src/options/options.js:269:42) https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33015723/unchecked-runtime-lasterror-while-running-storage-set-quota-bytes-per-item-quot Apparently there is a pretty straightforward fix in the Chrome docs: https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/storage Thanks! -nick
- (2018-04-12, v:0.0.11) David Goujard: Not working anymore
Used to be a very neat extension but due to a Google Analytics update in their pages I guess, it does not work anymore. Any new version in preparation ?
- (2018-04-10, v:0.0.11) Martin Polley: Used to work, now doesn't
Hi there, I installed and configured the extension and it worked great! But now when I try to use it, it doesn't seem to work – the user names just don't show up in GA (User Explorer view). Am I doing something wrong, or is something broken? Thanks!
- (2018-02-20, v:0.0.11) Patrick Melo: Uncaught TypeError
PII works perfectly for me. Thank you for creating such a wonderful tool! I tried sharing it with two of my coworkers but it doesn't seem to work for them. The names don't show up and the bar is unresponsive. I asked them to open the developer console and they receive an exception after the "++ PII Viewer for Google Analytics loaded." message. It reads as follows: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fields' of undefined at searchForUser (indext.js:102) at HTMLTableCellElement.<anonymous> (inject.js:189) at Function.each (jquery.min.js:4) at init.each (jquery.min:4) at updateDimensionData (inject.js:176) at inject.js:288)
- (2018-02-06, v:0.0.11) IVCi Test: Missing Data
I am not seeing all client ID's. There is only one. Please advise.
- (2017-12-19, v:0.0.11) Contact Limit
Apparently there is a contact limit of ~15k so this severely limits the capabilities of this extension. Please fix