Allows you to quickly block images, scripts and plug-ins.
This extension blocks selected content types (chosen from "images", "scripts" and "plug-ins") using the browser's content blocking feature. The effect of this extension is applied to all tabs. You can enable/disable blocking by: - opening a popup and selecting content types to block (popup mode). - clicking on the toolbar icon (one-click mode). - keyboard shortcuts. For more information, please visit QuickBlock User Guide: https://genggoen.blogspot.com/2016/09/quickblock-userguide.html Browser APIs used by this extension: The following is a list of APIs (Application Programming Interface: a set of functionalities that the browser provides for extensions to accomplish their tasks) used by this extension. "contentSettings" The "contentSettings" API is used to block selected content types. "storage" The "storage" API is used to store your preferences (extension options).
- (2021-01-29) J. Salmonson: Thank you, thank! I am browsing this website: and it has the most ANNOYING animated flying bat script running that even block element extension couldn't get rid of. This addon works great and doesn't block all images on chrome that other guy is wrong. I'm happy I tried this out that you for restoring my sanity. I mean wth is that site doing using that code, it's not 1990 any more *rolls eyes*
- (2020-11-18) Simon Heiss: Does what it should, does not download images for websites. Ux is a little dated, but there is also nothing to really understand ^^
- (2019-12-29) leopardabsurdity: I was mainly after not having ads and do distracting things. And site scrolling/switching. Tried a whole bunch of these blockers. Other ones failed to block ads while blocking pictures, others put a fuzzy screen over, through which you could still see distracting changes/movements-ad if that wasn't bad enough the color of the screen changes when the contents it was covering changed! I like that it gives me a choice of images, scripts, plug ins to block. I do have to refresh the site once I change my choice. I like the hot keys too.
- (2019-03-14) Anton Zhuchkov: Блокирует отлично. Но очень мешает неотключаемый перехват Ctrl+B, который мешает пользоваться Google Docs.
- (2017-05-13) Youssef Cherrouq: Best extension so far on Chrome, I give it 5 starts. It does what it is said. Great tool for bandwidth. If you add shortcuts in Chrome, you will be able use it a lot faster.
- (2017-01-06) Travis Heeter: I don't recommended: 1. It's not site specific, if you block images, it will block all images on Chrome. 2. It actually goes in and messes with your Chrome Settings. It seems like it was easy to undo, but I don't feel comfortable with that. 3. It replaces images with the broken image icon. 4. Images take up the same amount of space.
- (2015-10-14) Bryan Jones: It doesn't work. NONE of these image blockers work.
- (2015-10-02) Liamsi: This extension is so simple but do its job perfectly. It is usefull for saving your prepaid internet allowance (quota) or when your internet is slow and you only need the text.
- (2015-06-21) Patrick Mulcahy: Excellent!
- (2015-01-13) ryuutobi: This extension doesn't just hide images, it actually blocks them.
- (2014-01-04) Masoud Peyman: Great. The only one that does its job. Others just hide images. This is the best.
- (2013-11-17) Gilberto Marroquin: EXCELENTE...........
- (2013-11-03) СЛМ МиМи: Если не ошибаюсь, то картинки действительно блокирует, в отличии от других аналогов.
- (2013-11-03) Robson Ferreira Paiva: Just works
- (2013-07-19) Duong Nguyen: 1. Please add shortcut options to block quickly! 2. When I use this extension, function: "click to play" is disable, so plug-ins always run automatically
- (2013-02-18) miu takizawa: 非常にシンプルで使いやすい。 ワンタッチで画像をOFF、フラッシュをOFFなどと切り替えができます。 入れておいて損はない機能拡張です。
- (2013-01-02) רועי רחימי: זה טוב מאוד לאנשים ששונאים לראות דברים לא צנועים ובאנרים קופצים באינטרנט
- (2012-11-02) Joshua Fan: This is exactly what the doctor ordered to reduce my 3G data usage to miniscule levels. Love the one-click option.
- (2012-06-11) Johann: Simple, effective, works as advertised. Just wanted a one-click button to disable images when I want quick browsing on my often slow connection. Well, I guess this is two clicks, but close enough! Thanks!
- (2017-07-27, v:1.3.0) Matthew Holzapfel: Not working after Chrome update
...Or so I'm guessing - since the update, the 'options' page is almost completely blank, and none of the settings work.
- (2016-06-09, v:1.2.2) Mr. Mehran: It BLOCKS the image..not hides
thanks for your great work , you see the 'image block ' icon of chrome on the address bar , it shows it BLOCKS images , thank you
- (2016-05-15, v:1.2.2) Hamid Reza: options
hello thanks for good extension , please add an option for show selective image, not all images. and add whitelist.
- (2015-12-18, v:1.2.2) Robert Plamínek: for android ?
- (2015-08-01, v:1.2.2) wibie4Life: Block Videos & Add Exception Box
- (2015-06-19, v:1.2.2) Adam Pfeiffer: Right click single images
Would there be anyway to program in the ability to right click a specific image and disable only it?
- (2014-10-20, v:1.2) Dimitris Papadi: Ctrl+B cannot be the default shortcut
I see that Ctrl+B is the shortcut to enable block by keyboard. I didn't set it so I suppose it is the default behavior. Really bad idea!!! It took me weeks to understand what's going on. I was just about to uninstall the plug-in when I realized what is going on. It is a bad idea because Ctrl+B is the shortcut for enabling Bold fonts on web based rich text editors!