A Modern S3 Browser with AWS JS SDK
A Modern Minimalist S3 Browser with AWS JS SDK - Minimal features (can be used by anyone, not just admins) - Supports Multi region S3 buckets - Uses AWS JS SDK - Search (Prefix) | Create Folders | Delete Files - Open Source - File Icons - Active development & Quick Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) — Cloud Storage — AWS Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is object storage with a simple web service interface to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere on the web. It is designed to deliver 99.9% durability, and scale past trillions of objects worldwide. This chrome extension provides means to search, download and upload files.
- (2021-01-07) Howard Vale: Useless, when you copy the link to a file it also copies the secret and acess code1, also can not upload files, dont waste your time on this
- (2020-11-01) Agustin Ballve: Cant upload anything...
- (2020-10-08) Abdel Abdalla: I will love the tool and use it even more, if I could be able to upload bulkload information, for example, I need to upload 20 pictures to S3 but it will take me a lot of time to do that one by one instead of only selecting all the pictures and added it into the carpet on S3.
- (2020-08-17) jawed khan: Is it possible to use it with username & password instead of key and secret? and default region? Trying to use it as browser ftp
- (2020-07-28) Sebastian Vaggi: Thanks man you saved me! great extension!
- (2020-06-23) Ibrahim Al‑Dalaimi: Thank you for developing this! Is there any chance to implement uploading multiple files at once (Kinda like how AWS S3 does it currently on their website). Also, there seems to be a bug, when searching for a term, the term will be hidden from the search results. Example: I have the folder 'Images', when searching for 'Ima', the search results only display 'ges' as a folder. The search keyword is hidden.
- (2020-04-15) Dryft Labs: Can you write similar ones for GCS and Azure buckets too?
- (2020-03-26) Varun Vasudevan: Simple and Easy to user. But I had a folder with 500 items. It however loaded only the first 100 and then there is no option to proceed to the remaining folders. There was no "Next" option. Only "Previous".
- (2019-12-06) Karthik Acharya: Easy to use and it works great. Please give multiple file Upload
- (2019-11-25) Alan Mitchell: Simple S3 browser that has the functions I need. Works great for my purposes.
- (2019-11-06) Ben Lieber: Nice to quickly view files but uploads and folder creation doesn't work at all.
- (2019-02-18) Srikanth K: Easy to use
- (2018-10-29) It indicates that file uploads succeed, but doesn't list them (even after a refresh).
- (2018-08-16) Jay Wood: Easy setup. Nice drop-down box with list of buckets. Simple, clean, and intuitive.
- (2018-06-07) Super fast and nice browsing interface. Thanks.
- (2018-04-21) arnold yancha: can't set access controls on buckets
- (2018-04-12) Chaubey's World: This just uploads the documents and nothing else
- (2018-04-12) Adil Hemache: new regions don't support legacy authentication mode, thus I can't view/download files > The authorization mechanism you have provided is not supported. Please use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256.
- (2018-02-20) sandireddy roja: I have all the rights to upload a files,but i am unable to do upload a file r delete a file
- (2017-11-08) Joel Rendle: It's the best functional S3 browser available for Chrome.
- (2017-09-17) If you want to browse your S3 files it works great, but you can't do anything other than view them. You can't delete, you can't edit tags or other details.
- (2017-09-13) Artem Rukavytsia: Awful, file explorer doesn't work like and file upload
- (2017-06-27) Brady McCain: Easy to setup, but I can't create folders. More importantly, I can't upload anything. (v0.0.10)
- (2017-06-01) Victor Marroquin: I cant select a file to upload
- (2017-04-27) Andres Rutnik: Can't upload more than one file at a time
- (2017-03-29) Yun Cai Lim: My bucket contains 1000s of items. Although the app shows a 'Next Page', it doesn't load correctly upon click.
- (2017-03-28) Christopher Anderson: Can't upload files. After selecting a file to upload using my file browser, there is no file name in its field, and the upload button does not do anything. Would also like to see an ability to create a "directory" within S3 using this tool, and to move and delete files.
- (2017-03-13) John L Cannon: I'm sure it's a fine app, but pls note that it is only useful for 15 minutes, max. Not the fault of the developer but useless 4 my purposes.
- (2017-02-06) Egor: A big mess with some potential. Perphaps the optional AWS stuff ( region/bucket ) needs to be marked as such? Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND sandbox.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND fontawesome-webfont.woff Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND fontawesome-webfont.ttf Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Uncaught ReferenceError: s3Bucket is not defined ( maybe because I didn't enter it during the onboarding step? )
- (2017-01-25) Akanksha Saxena: Does exactly what it says on the tin. & Does it really well !
- (2017-01-25) Jai: Simple and easy to use. Gets thing done, straight. Onboarding could be slightly better though.
- (2020-12-30, v:0.1.5) Renato Germano: Connects proprietary bucket.
I have Storage Grid from Netapp and I would like to know if it is possible to connect to my storage through the S3 Browser.
- (2020-12-30, v:0.1.5) Renato Germano: Conectar Bucket proprio.
Boa tarde, consigo conectar em outro Bucket que não seja da Amazon, tenho meu proprio Storage S3, pelo aplicativo funciona bem. Consigo de alguma forma conectar no leu Storage.
- (2020-12-14, v:0.1.5) Grant Reynolds: Downloading files
It is unclear to me how to properly download a file. Inside the UI I am able to click on the file and it will open the contents inside a new chrome browser tab but I am not able to download the file. Can you please advise?
- (2020-11-26, v:0.1.5) Ralf Groß: region
Hi, the extension seems not to be working in our S3 console, the URL ist like https://s3.console.aws.amazon.com/. In the extension preferences I see that https://*.amazonaws.com/* ist the default, but I don't have any way to add other URL. How can I get this working for us in EU region?
- (2020-07-25, v:0.1.5) Daniel Zivkovic: Hi Shishir, I'm looking for a similar extension to browse Google Storage buckets
Are you maybe aware of one, or better yet - can you extend your code to support "gs://" type URIs as well? :) Thank you and be safe!
- (2020-05-27, v:0.1.5) Anton Bohdanov: Version on Chrome store does not match version on Github
On Chrome store we have 0.1.5 and on Github it's past 1.3.4 already. Can you upload the newer version to Chrome Store?
- (2020-02-08, v:0.1.5) Tmp Tmp: Support additional (non-Amazon) companies's object stores
Hi there - a great product. Wondering if you could consider having a configurable endpoint. There are number of other companies offering S3 type object storage usually for less cost -- e.g. wasabi.com or dreamhost.com. They all support the AWS S3 apis so things like boto-rsync or aws s3 work just fine (as long as you specify their specific end points). Can you add that option in the config box to choose a different end point?
- (2019-05-20, v:0.1.5) Bart Schelfhout: Upload with SSE enabled
How can I upload files with SSE enabled please? In today's day and age, I would hope most people have a bucket policy in place denying anything non encrypted? I cannot select this SSE option via this tool. Is there something I am missing?
- (2019-05-10, v:0.1.5) Praful Kamble: Unable to Upload Multiple Files
Hi Shishir, I have been using your S3 Browser extension on Chromebox since past 3 months for my work purpose. Just had a question to know if I can upload more than 1 file (pdf) like multiple files from this extension at one go? I'm not a techie but will appreciate if you can do some code tweaking on your extension to enable that option for me. Thanks in advance. I'll be waiting for your response. Thanks, Praful K.
- (2019-02-13, v:0.1.5) Ability to switch to S3 in a different Account?
Our environment is setup where we log into a main account an switch roles into various other accounts to gain access to S3 and various other resources in those accounts. Will this S3 browser allow switching into different aws accounts? Thanks
- (2018-11-20, v:0.1.5) dogod jeong: Can I manage the max keys value?
There are more than 100 files in the folder and I can not view all the contents.
- (2017-08-28, v:0.0.10) Tom Lynch: Does this support multiple accounts
Can this plug-in support multiple AWS accounts? Of course each account has it own access key / secret key. Thanks, Tom
- (2017-08-14, v:0.0.10) Pedro Gil Morales: It doesn't read bucket content
Hi, I've just installed your extension as it seemed a perfect fit for what I was looking for: simple way to access a bucket content without having to give console access to anyone. Neverrtheless, afrter creating the IAM policy that gives acces to the bucket, I'm unable to see the content of the bucket, althoug I can get the list of all my buckets in the drop down menu :( The IAM policy contains: ----- "Effect": "Allow", "Action": [ "s3:AbortMultipartUpload", "s3:GetObject", "s3:GetObjectAcl", "s3:GetObjectVersion", "s3:GetObjectVersionAcl", "s3:PutObject", "s3:PutObjectAcl", "s3:PutObjectAclVersion" ], "Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::mybucketname/*", ---- Thanks for your wonderful plugin!
- (2017-06-14, v:0.0.10) Don Bui: Next Page doesn't work
Hi, I really enjoy using your extension. I have a folder in my bucket that has many folders and your extension creates a next button to view the others that aren't listed. When I click on it though it unfortunately brings me back to the main bucket index.
- (2017-03-13, v:0.0.10) John L Cannon: Can't find support url
other than to Github, which is empty. No 'help' files @ app website.
- (2017-02-21, v:0.0.10) How to get url of uploaded file ?
I want to edit ACL and get url of uploaded object as we can do in s3 fox.Is it possible in this extension