Bookmark websites in WorkFlowy
v2.1.0: Add support for named links, and for clipping multiple tabs. • Save clicks and keystrokes! • Creates links in WorkFlowy • Select text on the page, and it appears in the note (or bullets). • Clip multiple tabs at once (session saver). • Automatically finds and goes to your WorkFlowy tab or window. • Option: External link format (show or hide URL) • Option: Use child bullets for selected text instead of note. • Option: Disable WorkFlowy tags in clips. • Option: Turn off go to WorkFlowy (for WorkFlowy Desktop App users) • To configure Options, Right Click the toolbar icon > Options TO USE: • Click the icon (or keyboard shortcut) to copy the page title, url, and selected text to the clipboard. • Paste into a bullet in the WorkFlowy website or the Desktop App. HOW TO CLIP MULTIPLE TABS: • Use Ctrl/Cmd+Click on tabs to select them. • Use Shift+Click to select multiple, contiguous tabs as well. • Then activate the shortcut, and paste multiple clips at once. NOTE ON PERMISSIONS: Version 2.0 requires browser history permission only to query tabs and find WorkFlowy. No browser history is stored or tracked. EVER. NOTE! Toggle Last Tab has been improved and moved to it's own extension. To install: • Right Click the toolbar icon > Options • Follow the link to the new Toggle Last Tab extension. • https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toggle-last-tab/pplmknomeoikmohcigcdbmbanedfjbff v2.0.8: Fixed url issues with new WorkFlowy format. v2.0.7: Added option to use child bullets for URL and selected text instead of note. v2.0.6: Added support for Chrome pages like Chrome Web Store and chrome:// urls. v2.0.4: Toggle Last Tab has been improved and moved to it's own extension. See link in Options. v2.0.2: Bug fix. Prevent unwanted go on restricted Chrome sites v2.0.1: Added support for WorkFlowy beta domain.
- (2022-11-17) Michael Hayes: This is my favourite workflowy extension: - It uses both the URL and the title. - If you highlight text it will copy that too. - It can copy multiple tabs at once. And it has many options!
- (2022-02-06) 礒之助: 各topicの先頭が、画面の左端からはみ出してしまい、読めない。 topicごとのbulletと、topicの文字の位置が合っていない。
- (2021-02-03) Jeffrey Vest: So good! Thanks you. Do you have source anywhere? I would love to learn by example from some of these amazing extensions and start writing my own.
- (2021-01-21) Hanjeong Jo: 좋아요
- (2020-12-14) bon xyz: I use it every day, thanks!
- (2020-07-13) Nico Greenarry: Wow. Works exactly as expected. What makes me happiest is that after copying a url, if I have Workflowy open, it automatically focuses that tab, so I can very quickly paste it where I want. Nice touch!
- (2019-11-15) Woman of Spirit: This extension makes me happy as I am a heavy user of WorkFlowy. This is a wonderful time saver. Thank you!
- (2019-08-18) Sascha Ballach: Very helpful and the support is great.
- (2018-06-07) Biosoil Lab: Two steps from perfection (reminders, and time tables)
- (2017-10-06) Jere Greene: This has saved me hours of copy, paste Title and then copy and paste URL. Use it almost daily. Great job!
- (2017-02-03) Tal Bright: Very useful, thank you!
- (2017-01-16) KAY -SUPARX: very simple and fast!
- (2017-01-10) Вячеслав Левченко: такое нужное расширение и не работает - жесть!!!
- (2017-01-07) 南百城: 非常喜欢，感谢作者
- (2016-12-16) Jakal Intel: Killer extension. used daily for almost everything we do
- (2016-09-16) Gunar Gessner: Thank you!
- (2016-08-12) Kevin Murray: I use this countless times a day. I can't imagine life without it.
- (2016-08-03) Robert Hyndes: This is a cracker add-in. I can't believe someone was disappointed in this. As Rawbytz mentions it saves 7 clicks!
- (2016-07-22) Ding Ewan: • Optionally activate with a keyboard shortcut using the settings at the bottom of the Chrome Extensions page. 涨姿势了，谢谢！ 另，这个扩展怎么有机结合Workflowy markdown tags with images -> images这类脚本呢？ 希望早日收到作者的回复，谢谢啦！
- (2016-05-27) Jon Vongoh: I love this plugin! Now I can 1) Grab any URL with the title info with a shortcut key (easy to set up) and then 2) Flip to Workflowy Panel (another extension) and paste it in my lists. Massively efficient
- (2016-04-06) Alexandros Sandros: A necessary companion for workflowy that works great! Highly recomended
- (2016-02-13) Jeffrey Wyman: Just what I was looking for. Thanks :)
- (2016-02-10) Mark Goodson: Works fine for what it is but was slightly disappointed. Having clipped an item I assumed it would appear in my WorkFlowy... the same way say Evernote or other clippers work. Actually it just saves you one click. Instead of right clicking in the omnibox and then selecting "copy" from the dropdown menu you click on "Clip to WorkFlowy" and manually paste into WF.
- (2016-02-05) Александр Дорохов: не работает
- (2015-12-03) John Loder: Fantastically useful
- (2015-11-24) Stefano F. Rausch: Excellent Extension for fast clipping. More flexibility — read user options — regarding the ( internal ) linking of WF lists, i.e. the font styling and the prefixing, would make it even better.
- (2015-11-15) Jacek Tomaszczyk: Very useful!
- (2015-09-26) J Paul: Works great! Also using it to "attach" files and photos from Google Drive in WorkFlowy.
- (2015-09-06) Ed Cannady: Great time saver!
- (2015-08-20) Juan Carlos Gallego Sánchez: Really useful.
- (2015-03-15) Raymond Chiu: perfect solution if you have a lot of links to copy to your Workflowy
- (2021-11-29, v:2.1.0) Kate Grimshaw: This page installs Toogle Last Tab in Waterfox
Not sure where along the line this issue falls, but using Waterfox, clicking to add to my browser installs Toggle Last Tab rather than Clip to Workflowy. It doesn't happen in Chrome, so I suspect it's a browser issue. Is there a way to download and manually install the extension?
- (2020-11-25, v:2.1.0) fuzzyweapon: Unable to change shortcut via browser's native method
1. Go to chrome://extensions/shortcuts 2. Find Clip to Workflowy 3. Set the shortcut. 4. Refresh shortcuts page. 5. Observe shortcut reverts to default 4b. Refresh page to clip 5b. Always reverts. I find nowhere to actually change the shortcut in the options. There is a button that directs the user, but there is no actual way to set it, before or after clicking the button.
- (2020-07-11, v:2.0.8) Niels Leerentveld: Clip Format using URL + title tekst as
It would be nice to be able to use these: https://workflowy.com/s/workflowy-release-notes/aaEJNvR2y2xlu3s1#/870f00d8e70 as a 3rd Clip Format option: <outline text="<a href="https://link/">Text</a> " />
- (2020-07-11, v:2.0.8) Niels Leerentveld: Option to set to paste URL to beta.workflowy.com
Still a heavy user of Clip-To-WorkFlowy. I'd love to be able to set the paste URL to beta.workflowy.com in stead of workflowy.com (toggle?)
- (2020-05-23, v:2.0.8) Niels Leerentveld: Feature request
Hi, I'm using this extension on a daily basis (most used extension). Would love to be able to have rightclick a link on a page and have the Link (text and URL) handled in the same way as it would be done on the current page using the button, Use case would be like Tiago does here: https://youtu.be/VVZNFAJAFkM?t=714 Could this be built into the extension? That would improve my workflow quite a lot. Kind regards, Niels
- (2019-08-07, v:2.0.6) Takatoshi Iwasa: Clipped text contains the sentence you highlight/select
Thanks for the awesome extension. I found one thing to report. If you highlight/select some sentence on a web page, a text clipped by this extension contains the sentence. My environment information is: - Google Chrome Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit) - macOS Mojave version 10.14.6
- (2019-03-25, v:2.0.1) Clip to Workflowy Opens Workflowy Home Page
The plugin suddenly started opening up the Workflowy home page at https://workflowy.com/ ...every time I either click the icon or use the keyboard shortcut. The OPML data copies to my clipboard... but https://workflowy.com/ also launches in a new tab. I tried changing the keyboard shortcut, had no effect. thx!
- (2019-03-25, v:2.0.1) Wilhelm Medetz: Multible Chrome tabs selected
Hi, new version works like a charm. One some suggestion: would it be possible to copy and paste multiple selected Chrome tabs? Thanks for your work
- (2018-08-12, v:1.5) chromebook doesnt work
Hi, I tried a lot of things but It does not work for me, simply when I made click nothing happend I using a chromebook with chrome 67.0.3396.99 (Build oficial) (64 bits) I tried beta & classic version of workflowy thanks
- (2016-12-28, v:1.5) Jack Z: Not enough info
You could at least explain that one needs a workflowy account to receive the clipped URLs. I've been clicking for 15 minutes and nothing is being saved where I can find it. Even the screen clip is misleading. If this isn't a stand-alone program, then please say so!
- (2016-08-12, v:1.5) Kevin Murray: Clip selection
This is a wonderful extension. But could you include the same function as Workflowy Clipper and append the selected text in the note? That would make it even better.
- (2016-02-21, v:1.5) James Avill: Prepend selected text to clip
It would be very nice if you selected text (e.g. in an email), activated the extension, then this would place that text before the page title. This is useful when copying specific items from an email/webpage.
- (2016-01-16, v:1.5) Jeetu Mahtani: trying to make it work
Hi - I clicked the Clip to Workflowy icon in the toolbar but nothing shows when I open workflowy. I'm on a Mac and Chrome. Wondering if I'm missing something? Here is the string in the clipboard: <opml><body><outline text="workflowy - Google Search" _note="https://www.google.com.sg/?gfe_rd=cr&amp;ei=X76ZVo_IAZPI8Afhq6TABA#q=workflowy " /></body></opml>
- (2015-12-07, v:1.5) Bruce Phillips: wf clipper on chrome pc
clipper worked briefly and now has stopped working. I have unchecked and recheck this extension... still does not work. I like this app any suggestions
- (2015-11-29, v:1.5) Mark Kilby: v1.5 not working on El Capitan
The extension does not seem to work on latest version of Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit) on OsX El Capitan. I don't seem to have any configuration options. I've logged into Workflowy from Chrome and have even uninstalled and reinstalled the extension (quitting browser each time).