A custom New Tab page, providing a quick, customizable layout of links and menus, as well as simple bookmark and history components.
Please note that submitting feedback on the Chrome Web Store doesn't notify the developer, so it may be a while before your message is found here. If you want to report a problem, please use the GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/Terrance/Homely --- Homely is a fast and light New Tab page replacement, with a focus on providing quick access to links, bookmarks and history from a centralised location. The main links page can be built up using a number of blocks, containing simple button shortcuts, or dropdown menus with rich collections of links. Editing the page can be done visually with the built-in editor, or coded manually in JSON. A lightweight bookmarks browser is included, providing fast navigation through all folders in the bookmarks tree. A history dropdown in the top corner shows recently accessed pages for quick retrieval. The settings panel provides a number of options for tweaking the page, including custom backgrounds and fonts, enabling/disabling features, and adding custom CSS code. --- v1.7.2 (29/04/2019): * fixes for file:// and chrome:// URLs * added Twitter as a notification provider * fixed long text wrapping on link buttons * codebase compatibility with Firefox WebExtensions v1.7.1 (16/07/2016): * updated retrieval of Facebook notifications * slightly better icon choices * improved colour picker for buttons v1.7 (30/12/2015): * new shopping cart counter * initial support for Amazon, eBay, Steam * minor UI improvements v1.6 (17/10/2015): * invitations notification for LinkedIn * added dark panel style * custom link button CSS option * disable weather whilst incognito v1.5.4 (17/08/2015): * fix Steam notifications for website changes v1.5.3 (02/08/2015): * added LinkedIn to notifications * split Steam notifications by type * fix for timer label display v1.5.2 (09/10/2014): * easier settings import/export * use official Reddit SSL domain * weather unit option v1.5.1 (22/05/2014): * fixed links merging with defaults * slightly improved help text * notepad save status indicator v1.5 (21/05/2014): * all permissions now optional * added Reddit to notifications * additional keyboard shortcuts * minor visual/UI tweaks v1.4.1 (25/04/2014): * Chrome apps menu * hide top bar labels * fixed bugs with notepad and timer v1.4 (24/04/2014): * weather widget * notepad widget * bookmarks search * links editing improvements v1.3 (02/04/2014): * clock, timer and stopwatch options * rewritten notifications system * added TickTick to notifications * middle-click bookmarks folders to open all v1.2.1 (31/03/2014): * fixed bugs when cancelling after revoking permissions v1.2 (31/03/2014): * switch to Chrome extension storage * omnibox link search * notification widget (Facebook, GitHub, Gmail, Outlook) * IP address / proxy status widget * more layout and style options v1.1 (28/03/2014): * drag-and-drop block reordering * bookmark grouping * keyboard shortcuts * icons everywhere v1.0 (26/03/2014): * customizable links page * visual and JSON links editors * lightweight bookmarks browser * quick history access * custom backgrounds, fonts * custom CSS editor Full changelog: http://git.io/sxNmvw
- (2020-01-06) Dirk Hinze: This is great - I was about to learn coding to create a page like yours ! Thanks
- (2019-08-21) Kutay C. Zorlu: I LOVE you manm !!! who was the developer !!
- (2019-07-19) Anna Trivino: Simple, easy to use! Love it!
- (2019-05-24) chenghaoo: The extension make work easier, thanks
- (2019-05-15) David-Alexandre Bélair Paulo: Great little piece of software :) Way quicker than bookmarks Has many small but great features available With everything well-ordered i'm way more efficient Thank for making it free, I would have paid a few buck with no hard feelings :)
- (2019-03-21) Sergio Berzosa: ¿ Qué tiene que tener un Tab Manager para darle 5 estrellas?. Para mi tiene que darme todas las funcionalidades, que sea sencillo y un buen diseño. Esta lo cumple en todos sus aspectos: es la más completa, en 5 minutos conoces el 90% de las funciones y el diseño acompaña. Gracias!!!
- (2018-10-15) Barney Matthews: This is a very cleanly laid out extension. I find it very useful and easy to use. Thank you for making this.
- (2018-10-13) Ronald Reigan: Спасибо. Можно настроить под свои нужды через css
- (2018-10-08) jun wang: Can not use crxMouse at the same time. Maybe it can be better in next revision.
- (2018-05-04) Xie Shangwu: 非常好用
- (2018-03-08) Jack Roberts: This is everything I ever wanted in a home screen. Thank you!
- (2017-11-08) 2 Zou: add links too slowly
- (2017-07-03) Gerardo Oliva: easy to setup , not fancy but makes a fair work.
- (2017-06-16) Need more color to each link. I tried http://twitterbootstrap3buttons.w3masters.nl/, but the CSS doesn't work.
- (2017-05-25) Brian Richards: Thank you for making this available. I'm glad to be one of your first 700 users. I tried a bunch of similar apps before settling here, you did everything right! Please keep developing this, I cannot wait to see what you come up with next!
- (2017-01-26) Mel Finehout: Updated: It's gone again. I really love the thing, when it exists. I really just don't get why sometimes, it just disappears. If it doesn't come back I'll just leave it behind because it takes a lot of time setting up, and obviously if it isn't there it can't make up for it. Not to mention the frustration level. Amended: I was an angry, in-need-of-coffee technophobe. This is really great and I figured it out, eventually. It does realistically save me a half hour a day, so I'm a massive fan!! I take back all the mean things I said, and I appologize to the dev. GREAT WORK ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I got the extension. LOVED IT. Took a LOT of time setting it up. Time consuming but hey, its going to save me so much more time! Then, it stopped working and just takes me to github whatever the [email protected] that is. Maybe I'm missing somehting? When I first got it I thought it was awesome. I will def update this review if it gets sorted out. This is what I get from the app. https://github.com/OllieTerrance/Homely It serves as a bookmark to this page.
- (2016-08-18) :P WQing: All good except that after using it for a while, it's slow. So I switched to Humble New Tab.
- (2016-08-17) Chris Beger: Truly, one of the most thoughtful, beautiful, and most importantly *transparent* Chrome extensions available. The fact it only asks for permissions as you use them (which is now the standard for both Android & iOS) is simply incredible. Being able to directly manipulate code is also a huge plus even for those who don't know how to code to begin with, but would just like to tweak some things to their liking. Truly a labor of love. The only suggestion I have is possibly adding the ability to add extensions & apps to the groups, I have a number of apps/extensions that I'd like to hide from my address bar, but need to keep active for the few times that I need them. Regardless 10/10 on the extension here, bravo.
- (2016-06-27) Madis: Not actually interested in this kind of new tab page, but 5 stars for the effort and runtime permissions!
- (2016-04-29) Sophia Ng: Awesome extension! Agree with the colors, hoping to be able to use more colors for each link :)
- (2016-01-20) Nandini Menon: I simply love Homely! This extension is simply the best thing to happen to Google Chrome in a long time. I love the simple idea and implementation of all the features and the direct code, being shown to you. I wish you could make the buttons in any colour you'd like, but I love Homely and it is apparent the project has a lot of blood, sweat, and tears poured into it.
- (2015-10-04) Daniel: I've been using this for a few days, and so far it's great! Pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. My only complaints are, I suppose, that we can only choose from a couple of colors for each link, and that there's no straightforward way to change the amount of columns displayed or the width of the columns. I assume I could do it with css overrides, but it kind of feels like that would be a good option to have without doing so. Also, this isn't exactly a complaint, but looking things over I can't help but think that the page layout would be a great place to use flexbox, particularly as you only have to keep up with the features that Chrome does and doesn't support. That's not really a complaint, though. Either way, none of those things detracts enough from this for it to be worth anything less than five stars.
- (2015-10-03) MRNIKUSHA101: VERY COOL EXTENTION THANK YOU BUT IT HAS ONE ISSUE I CAN'T OPEN LINKS IN NEW TAB
- (2015-07-06) Nurlan Kurbanov: Отличное расширение. Текст за границы, правда, уходит. если текст длинный. А так - супер.
- (2015-05-19) Kelsey Lin MacNeill: This does EXACTLY what I want it to do. I've been looking for a way to customize what appears on my new tab page instead of letting Chrome decide, and this is perfect. I do wish you could have more control over the colors instead of just having a predefined list to pick from, but overall this is a fantastic addition to my Chrome browser!
- (2019-12-13, v:1.7.2) icy to: SUGGESTION TO iMPROVE A LOT
Hi This is a nice Bookmark program, but it can be improved a lot - Only the title should be visible,clicking onto the title should make visible the items below the title, clicking again should make them invisible,also each title should have different colors,chosen like in a rainbow , i saw this in other bookmark programs. - possibility to close the Widget bar, a lot of people will not use it, weather prediction can simply be put by searchenginrs, ex : https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=weather+in+General+Kantardjievo%2C+BG&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights= - both options should save a lot of space and reduce menu & sections as there will be a lot more space available to put more title items onto the desktop, icy
- (2019-05-27, v:1.7.2) 沈汔霏: Incognito Mode
I absolutely love this extension and many thanks for developing it. It used to work all the same in incognito mode if i remember correctly, but now it does not. It's not controlling the New Tab page when gone incognito. Quite a pity! Is it possible for you to help with this please?
- (2018-10-09, v:188.8.131.52) jun wang: Work with crxMouse together
Can not use crxMouse at the same time. Maybe it can be better in next revision.
- (2018-04-20, v:184.108.40.206) Константин Шкодских: Need icons for buttons
Good extension! What I miss: the ability to assign buttons - icons! Eyes are used to working with icons. When the buttons only text, too long to find the right button. Especially when there are a lot of buttons. Thank you.
- (2018-02-08, v:220.127.116.11) Gloria Lassich: chrome:// links stopped working
When I set up homely, there was a block for chrome prefs links that was handy, except the no longer worked. If Ientered urls manually, it was fine, but if I clicked one in a block it didn't do anything.
- (2017-08-16, v:18.104.22.168) Love and use it frequently
... but what about auto-sync between different computers? Maybe you can use the auto sync functionality of google or use Google Drive for automatic Export and Import of all settings? That would be really great. Thanx
- (2017-06-07, v:22.214.171.124) chozo echo: color
i want to make a deeper red for youtube tube but it seems that json hex doesnt work ? or maybe im doing it wrong could you's give me a hand?
- (2017-05-22, v:126.96.36.199) Anjanette Gibbons-Schlafmann: Homely
I had the extension on my old computer upgraded just today and before I did I made sure to save my homely backup. Now when I open it, it will not give me to the "options" where I can do my backup? I don't speak in code so not sure what your homely button website is?
- (2017-01-16, v:188.8.131.52) Mel Finehout: What happened?
I got the app. Set it up. Loved it. Then all it does now is take me to github, whatever that is. I really, REALLY liked it and spent a fair amount of time setting it up. I'm not tech savy, so maybe it's me?