Transforms the web for night time reading.
Version 10.1.1 has been finalized and it's been improved quite a bit! Here's what is new in this update: - fine tuned the 10th revision to the styling - removed the ugly corners from the icon - increased the font size in the toggle menu - optimized the memory usage to use even less ram - deactivated its usage on some sites it doesn't get along with NightMode is a tool that provides a relief to those who read heavily on the web. There is a misconception that screens are bad for our eyes. What really is happening is every site that has a "simple, elegant, and white" background makes the monitor turn hundreds of thousands of LEDs to their maximum brightness and stays that way the entire time you're reading it. There are solutions that invert the colors which do the job somewhat but, the achilles heal to that solution is when there is a portion of the page that was black becomes a bright spot on what was suppose to be a now darkened page. This solution also ruins images, rendering that solution somewhat of a nuisance. But, it was the best that we had, that is until until now. NightMode goes deeper than any solution for those who are sensitive to bright light has before and seeks out every section of the page it can get to in order to darken it and make it friendly to our eyes.
- (2019-06-20) Abdur Razzak Parvej: Maximum site not work.
- (2018-04-07) Giorgia Girrafe: It only operates on articles it would make it better if all thing with white backround were black
- (2018-02-01) Jeffrey Nichtberger: No options, terrible toggle, blocks off background images and crucial web page elements. On a good note, it does not invert images and keeps already dark pages dark.
- (2016-08-18) Jovanie Mapalad: cool
- (2016-07-12) Drew Demarest: A helpful extension that saves my eyeballs late at night. Very effective extension for modifying a wide range of websites on the fly. The white font on dark background is a pro in my book. There have been no hiccups other than the occasional white flash on my vivaldi test bed. Sometimes check boxes and radials are a little hard to see because they are too dark. Overall this extension is worth installing. It would be nice to be able to toggle the blacklist, radial toggles, and font colours. However I am not sure how easy menus are in the chrome web API. Thanks for coding this Cody.
- (2016-01-18) Garette: Every page turns white then black, but you can't really fix that, also a few sites have problems with this extension, most notably apple.com.
- (2015-05-13) Bruno Bartels: Blue letters are crap. why cant i have green on black?
- (2015-02-23) Chuck Black: flashes the white backgound on every web page, then reverses it.... blinds you every time you load a page... so useless
- (2015-01-28) thegritsch: Interesting concept with a lot of potential, but doesn't work on every page yetand it slows chrome down a little bit.
- (2014-11-18) Aeryn Harman: Only one I could find where you can enable it page by page instead of it being on every page by default. Thank you, this is great.
- (2019-01-07, v:10.1.1) D1yt: Whitelist
Hey, is it possible to add a whitelist for sites which should not be darkend? I usually leave my darkmode on by default.
- (2017-03-12, v:10.1.1) Victoria Schultz: is it faulty?
turned it on... didn't change a thing.