Block images without breaking the page. Tune restriction of images by data size.
/// Usage & Hotkeys /// 1. Ctrl (or Shift for block mode*) + mouse over image to load image fully. 2. Ctrl+Space to On/Off extension for opened Site. * The block mode is loading all images included to element. Also try block mode when image is not loaded fully when Ctrl used. The extension is remember settings(on/off, image max size, image bg) for visited sites while browser is not restarted. So, if you open several tabs with the same site(for example "foo.com") and change settings on the one tab then changes will be applied to all tabs with "foo.com" site. /// Usage on Android smartphones /// You can use this extension on the mobile Yandex Browser. The Yandex Browser is compatible with Chrome extensions and you can install it with Play Market. /// Recommendations /// Don't forget to set default image max.size in the Options of the extension. If you want to see only small images(like icons) but cut off the big then set image max.size between 1K-5K. /// Known issues /// 1.On some sites the image fully loading(Ctrl + Mouseover) not working well. It depends on how site was built. I have fixed many issues but I guess that is not all. 2.On some sites a limitation of the image size is not working. Images loads fully. It happens when a server ignores specific parameter in the request. /// Changes log /// Version 1.7: - Fixed reseting icon status after reload tab. - Added reload button to the left of On/Off buttons. - Changed Popup background gradient. Version 1.6: - Fixed ugly bug. Extension not worked on the already opened tabs. - Changed Refresh button to Options. - Returned back Reload button which appears when image max size is changed. - Changed icons. Version 1.5: - Added remembering settings for visited sites. - Added bg image animation while start download whole image. - Small fixes and changes. Version 1.4: - Added a Ctrl+Space hotkey to On/Off extension. - Added new Option "Take settings to open child Tab(Page)". - Added image backround gradient. - Small fixes and changes. Version 1.3: - Reload Tab/ON/OFF buttons added to popup window. - Checkbox "Disable on new Tab" added to settings window. Version 1.2: - Block mode added. Use Shift + Mouse over to load all images in element. - Many fixes and improvements. All the best!
- (2021-06-13) Koт Kot: Хорошее расширение! Единственное замечание: как я понял, расширение (в некоторых случаях, и которые в 99% не должны случаться) отправляет данные через API https://images.weserv.nl/?url= , чем снижает приватность пользователя. Сервис имеет открытые исходники на github, и тем не менее, неплохо бы добавить опцию отключения. Это API, насколько я правильно понял, используется при нажатии на Ctrl и клике на картинку, чтобы сжать через этот сервис и загрузить облегченную версию картинки, пожатую в base64. UPD: Это происходит только если картинка по какой-либо причине не загрузилась (ошибка), чтобы подгрузить через стороннее API, как fallback. (Но я бы всё же вывел это в опцию) ==== Очень элегантно придумано: отлавливать картинки по Content-Length на этапе получения заголовков. Магия! ==== Nice extension! The only note: as I understand, the extension sends data (in rare cases, which in 99% must not occur) via the API https://images.weserv.nl/?url=, which reduces the end user's privacy. This service is open sourced on github, but nevertheless, it would be nice to add a "disable" option. As far as I understand, this API activated only when pressing "Ctrl" and clicking on a pic, and original image is faield to load (so it loads a lighter version of the image, in base64 format) ** This happens only if an img has not been loaded for whatever reason (an error occured), so it tries to load it from external API (sources are open), as a fallback. But I'd rather offered this through an option.
- (2021-04-16) Pantokratorinos oo: The best one on image blocking! Congrats!
- (2021-04-08) goo gle: YOU ARE A HERO
- (2020-04-07) asn1k li: Great extension! Useful when suffering a slow connection. It would be better if it can display a default image (white or grey) with the alt words of the <img> in it. The default 'no image' icon doesn't looks kind of crappy.
- (2020-03-18) Muhammad Irfan Kh.: It can Block all Images from page. I use it during Office Time so Now I can read news blogs or many more without seeing pics During my Office Time..!! Thanks tuniblock.blogspot.com
- (2019-06-29) farshad ravaee: very good. but need to add some options.
- (2019-05-27) Miraz Mac: Does what it's supposed to do without any magic or yada yada.
- (2018-10-28) S Tan: Would be nice to have whitelist
- (2018-07-30) Mauro Manzol: Excelente extencion
- (2018-02-06) Drakulian: Doesn't work at all. Doesn't have any option for "tuning" either. The whole idea is that I may want to disable a single image on a page, not all images. Either way this thing doesn't block anything making it useless.
- (2017-12-19) Very efficient, but I would need a white list. Filtering on the domain, or per site, rather than per size.
- (2017-11-12) Albert911emt -: This app really does block images, and it works well. But it does not remember on what sites to block images and what sites not to. So when I shut down Chrome, and come back to it later, I have to unblock the same sites all over again. This app seriously needs a "white list" option, badly.
- (2017-06-13) saeed serpooshan: Very interesting! I need such tool to control my traffic/bandwidth usage. When pics are larger than your desired size, they load partially up to that limit. This way, you can see a partial/preview of images as most jpg's are saved as 'progressive' type. I'm just looking for an option to be able to load images which are already in cache (firefox has some add-ons named imgLikeOpera but it doesn't work for recent versions).
- (2017-05-17) Moss Doerksen: Looks like it can save me a lot of bandwidth. Works pretty well, but sometimes it is buggy or confusing in it's behaviour. I don't know. I am still trying to fully understand how it works. Some problems might be related to my crappy internet.
- (2017-04-27) Martin RW: Seems good. But please add option to whitelist some pages, or have ability to set different image filtering options for different websites. If this option exists, it will be 5 star from me.
- (2017-03-08) Viketo Sumi: It is awesome. Thank You very much. I have been able to save up-to 95% of data. I configured its default size to 5% but sometimes have the need to upgrade to 40% for some webpages to display to display its complete contents. Keep it up!
- (2017-03-06) Игорь В: Расширение отличное, но: 1. Не блокирует картинки здесь, в магазине расширений Хром, значит сайт занесен в "белый список", а самостоятельно отрегулировать это невозможно (?) 2. Если задать поиск в Гугле, то обратим внимание на картинки, они все равно загрузятся, штук 10-15 из числа первых Кажется, проблема все же в наличии каких-то встроенных фильтров, внесенных в белый список, так как на некоторых сайтах на главной странице картинки блокируются, а при переходе по внутренним же ссылкам, картинки показываются. Денис, пожалуйста, усовершенствуйте свое расширение
- (2017-02-14) Alfredo B Bear-Lacis: 1. Not available on site-by-site. 2. Shift-mouseover or Ctrl-mouseover didn't work.
- (2017-01-03) Sadegh Jafarnejad: great extension especially for limited bandwidth..best one compare to opera cache image and other image blockers. it would be great if the developers add a feature of image quality. anyway, thanks for this one
- (2016-12-28) Mark Ifi: this is the proper way to do this. better than the built in image block of Chrome, and even better than the one in Opera.
- (2016-11-30) Mr. Mehran: thnx for the great work can you make this 'click to see'instead of 'mouse hovering + CTRL'to see ?
- (2016-08-05) Andi Yuni Wiranto: Love it
- (2016-03-23) Ilya Ushakov: Awesome! This really significantly reduces a traffic. Besides, this is important for me, that images have a real width/height and the page layout is not skewed.
- (2017-12-19, v:1.7.1) White list
Hi. I would need a white list. I need to see some types of images on some sites to be able to use them. They are at the same place on the page.
- (2017-09-19, v:1.7) Rafael Cieslik: Support for pinned tabs
At each browser restart, pinned tabs will always load with this extension enabled, even though it was turned off on each before I closed the browser. (My options are set to "Take settings to open new Site [from current Tab]" if that's relevant) Maybe try to store the URLs of pinned tabs in the LocalStorage on-close, so that you can reload each tab's individual state.
- (2017-09-17, v:1.7) Moss Doerksen: Can't force images to show anymore
Using ctrl or shift + mouseover to reveal certain images has stopped working.
- (2017-08-29, v:1.7) saeed serpooshan: option to don't load partially large images
since the images loaded incompletely can not be shown by Ctrl+MouseMove trick, is it better to have an option to set that prevent images larger than specified size(KB) from loading at all. this way, when we turn off the extension and reload the page, all images will shown properly (not partial images from cache)
- (2017-08-14, v:1.7) saeed serpooshan: images not loaded after turn off app and page reload
When i set image max size to something like 2 KB (to load only tiny images), the app works as intended. but if i decide to disable it for current tab by choosing OFF from the extension toolbar and press 'reload' button, unfortunately those images which was partially loaded before will not be reloaded completely (they shown again as partial load). it seems that they are loaded from the cache as incomplete images. (i have to press Ctrl+F5 to full load the whole page to bypass this problem which may cause high traffic consumption)
- (2017-07-24, v:1.7) Image Min Size
Hello, Thanks for that great addon. Could you give option to change it ourself fot Min. Size of Images? It starts on 30 B but I don't wanna see any icon, .ico or other tiny images also. So could you give us to control where to start image Min size? Thanks
- (2017-06-13, v:1.7) saeed serpooshan: load images from chache
Thanks for your excelent job! can you add an option to be able to load images which are already in cache (firefox has some add-ons named imgLikeOpera but it doesn't work for recent versions). we usually visit several sites more often. consider if we view a site with full content today and most pics are cached. then if i go to that site again tomorrow, those images which are in cache must be shown as that will not consume traffic.
- (2017-06-12, v:1.7) Moss Doerksen: Transparency problem
Images with transparency still show the grey striped placeholder in the background even after the image has been downloaded.
- (2017-06-09, v:1.7) Vasily Kupriyanov: Логика работы
Добрый день. А что мешает воспроизвести логику работы известного и до сих пор популярного дополнения ImgLikeOpera для Firefox? Очень удобна. 1.блокировать изображения 2.загружать только из кеша 3.загружать всё И список индивидуальных настроек для сайтов. Спасибо
- (2017-05-17, v:1.6) Moss Doerksen: Lazy loading
Could you make a feature/option where images are not loaded until the user scrolls down the page and sees them? Another way to save bandwidth if you load a large page but don't view it all.