Literal is a PDF reader that manages your document library, saves your highlights, and enhances your reading experience.
Literal is the best way to read and interact with online PDF documents. Literal makes PDF documents discoverable, searchable, and shareable by integrating deeply with your Web browser. This extension provides the Literal Reader as the default PDF viewer in Chrome. PDF files you open online and from your computer will display in Literal. Literal is much more than just a reader - a powerful document management system organizes, archives, and enhances your document library. Highlight, search, and share documents from your library. Designed for Reading: Upgrades your browser's default PDF reader. Library Management: Never lose a document and access from anywhere. Cloud Connected: Integrates with Google Drive and Dropbox. Highlights: Save and share your favorite pieces of text. Optical Character Recognition: Automatically apply text layer to make scanned documents searchable. Reading Analytics: Motivate yourself with reading activity analytics and automatically resume progress. To try Literal out without installing it, visit https://literal.io. For more information about Literal and why you would want to use it, visit our FAQ at https://literal.io/faq. Have some feedback, feature requests, or just want to reach out? Send us an email at [email protected]
- (2018-12-17) Pak Kin Lau: How to enable OCR when reading pdf?
- (2017-05-05) Gyanendra Prasad Sahoo: I didn't like it. Its just have upload a PDF facility
- (2016-12-25) Idan R: Doesn't work. Opening a pdf creates a blank tab.
- (2016-11-26) Len Kowalik: I went looking for an app/extension that would search a PDF, because the default app on my Chromebook did not. When I right-clicked on a file, a new tab opened but remained blank.
- (2016-10-06) Ratindra sharma: The best PDF reader. Have exactly what I was looking for unobtrusive and minimalist. Was irritated by other pdf with so much of tools on the top and no way to hide them. Thank you developer :) PS: Please allow page scroll using arrow keys. Currently not able to do so
- (2016-09-26) Ms R: Works! Chrome PDF viewer didn't even work... Nice and minimal.
- (2016-08-20) Дмитрий Загайнов: The best PDF viewer!
- (2018-04-25, v:2.0.6) Johan Brage: Open through google drive
I can't open files from my google drive. I just get an empty page with the following in the URL bar: "https://literal.io/static/reader.html#/error?type=reader" When opening the same files from the literal app itself it usually works.
- (2018-02-25, v:1.4.1) Dan Willett: Does not support fillable PDF
It would not let me use the fillable pdf forms. It displays the form but I can't click in any of the fields and fill in the data.
- (2017-08-01, v:1.1.1) Firefly: interferes with downloading PDF files
I click download on a PDF link and this crappy Literal PDF reader opens the PDF in the browser. It's a mess, I don't want it and I want it off my computer. How do I get it off!?!?
- (2017-04-27, v:1.0.12) Heck Fy: incorrect rendering
incorrectly renders book "On romantic love" by Brogard link to book - https://www.amazon.com/Romantic-Love-Complex-Emotion-Philosophy/dp/0199370737 screenshot - http://shitpoet.tk/sshots/2017-04-27--195430--3005925845.png chrome Version 55.0.2883.75 (64-bit) platform: linux
- (2017-04-15, v:1.0.12) Kerry Crawford: I need a tutorial on how to make it read
How the heck to you actually get this program to read a pdf? I can't find instructions anywhere!
- (2017-04-01, v:1.0.12) Johan Brage: Cannot login
This works perfectly on my chromebook. However, on my pc I can't login with my google account. If I try to create a new one it says it already exists and when i attempt to login with it - it says it doesn't. It keeps prompting me to login everytime i open chrome on my pc which is very annoying and I will have to uninstall the app if this is not resolved. Which would be a shame because I really like it other than that.
- (2017-03-19, v:1.0.12) william krummeck: could it be possible to have settings
I like minimal but would like to change the colour to dark theme, white hurts my eyes sometimes.
- (2016-10-06, v:1.0.10) Ratindra sharma: Allow scroll using Arrow keys
Please allow scroll using Arrow keys.
- (2016-09-20, v:1.0.10) Дмитрий Загайнов: Stopped working
Doesn't open file. Opens url with blank page: https://literal.io/reader?source%5Burl%5D=https%3A%2F%2Fliteral.io%2Fproxy%2Ffile%3A%2F%2F%2FD%3A%2F1%2F1.pdf instead of file D:\1\1.pdf