Experience PDFs in a whole new way with Texthelp’s new PDF Reader.
Searching for a way to make PDFs accessible, collaborative and more engaging? Download Texthelp’s PDF Reader to experience PDFs in a whole new way! As part of Read&Write for Google Chrome extension, with the PDF Reader not only can you use the literacy and accessibility support tools you know and love (include text-to-speech, dictionaries and highlighting), but we’ve added powerful collaboration tools to bring your PDFs to life. Open PDFs in Google Drive, the web, or your local device, then use Texthelp’s PDF Reader to: • Collaborate in real-time on PDFs shared in Google Drive • Read text, including math & science equations, aloud • Input math & science directly into your PDF with integration of the EquatIO for Chrome extension* • Translate words • Add text annotations using Word Prediction and Dictation* • Build vocabulary lists* • Add audio comments using only your voice* • And more! Try Texthelp’s new PDF Reader free for 30 days, with unlimited access to all features. After this time Premium features* require a subscription to Read&Write for Google Chrome. Get more information on Read&Write for Google Chrome™ features, licensing, and pricing at https://www.texthelp.com/products/read-write/premium-features/ For any technical questions, contact us at: [email protected]
- (2020-01-08) Arushi Khanna: i dont want this
- (2019-09-10) kazibadema kalim: It exactly what i wanted perfect.
- (2019-08-04) Matheus Oliveira: It doesn't work, neither from web PDF files nor from PDF files in my computer. By choosing the file in the Windows Explorer and opening it in the browser, the extension simply keeps loading the URL - and most times changing the local file's name.
- (2019-05-21) IndominusRexxx: After I installed it, I couldn't UNinstall it.😒👎
- (2019-02-16) Tayyab Ikhlaq: works but improvements needed
- (2019-01-28) John Taggart: Okay first of all it won't work Second of all R&W, even after I uninstalled it, made it mandatory to install this PDF reader. Yeah remember Bonzi Buddy
- (2018-09-05) Jeff Greaves: Best tool I have seen when it comes to PDF's in Google. Love it.
- (2018-08-31) David Hankin: Works great!
- (2018-08-30) Nora Trentacoste: Easy to use once you get the hang of making sure you have full rights to an accessible PDF. You'll get a suggestion to scan with snapverter if the document is not accessible. Just follow the prompts, and you'll be reading and annotating PDFs in no time. I love using the highlighters to pull key information out of complex documents and make action lists.
- (2018-08-30) Mark Wheeler: Great extension for PDF's
- (2018-08-25) Conscious Queens Books Club: I was excited to use this app and it will not work. When I follow the directions and try to open a pdf from Drive, it just keeps telling me to sign into my account. Will not open the book at all.
- (2017-11-27) Nylah Palmer: It's okay because it won't open
- (2017-10-19) Dido Heath: I love the idea of this app but it does not work! It blocks me opening any pdf in google docs with a blank page and a blue line that makes me think it's going to work... but nothing happens.
- (2017-10-05) Mark Zacharias: Doesn't open online docs and because my administrator doesn't allow me to change any settings is a completely useless program.
- (2017-05-07) Ron Turchyniak: Makes pdf editing a snap
- (2017-09-18, v:1.0.92) Google classroom
I am a resource teacher and some of the students I work with have a google classroom that has the textbook as a pdf. However, Read and Write will not read it so I added the pdf reader extension and it is still not working. It will read all the other information such as notes and assignments but not the textbook. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
- (2017-09-14, v:1.0.92) Julie Entz: Google slides and word predict
I have a student who wants to edit the teachers notes he gives her in slides as she follows along in class. She doesn't want to use the voice tool and draw attention to herself so she want to use the word predict but it won't work in slides. Even if it could work in the note section of Google slides this would really help! Thanks
- (2017-09-14, v:1.0.92) PDF not opening
The text reader opens up and then we get an red error bar that pops up on the top of the page. See details below: PDF.js v1.0.92 (build: 801881e) Message: Unexpected server response (403) while retrieving PDF "https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/0B9khdQKMglW9RkI1RnAzdVE0Q0U?alt=media". Your help on this matter is appreciated ASAP.
- (2017-09-13, v:1.0.87) James Norton: GAFE Deployment Instructions
Our students are blocked from installing apps and extentions unless explicitly allowed but I cannot find Texthelp PDF Reader in the Chrome Web Store except for when I am doing an install. I need the info to be able to force install for users and / or allow them to install. Please help.
- (2017-09-11, v:1.0.83) Bridget Albers: deleted text
I had worked on filling in a PDF. I am a teacher and over the summer my extension was deleted. After I have re downloaded it, my work is gone. Is there no way to recover my work? Another extension I have used, Kami, had saved my work.
- (2017-09-04, v:1.0.74) Jules Kahlua: Removing Texthelp PDF reader
Can you kindly share with me how to remove Texthelp PDF reader from my computer?
- (2017-09-02, v:1.0.74) hello we keep clicking on add to chrome and it will not do it
hello we keep clicking on add to chrome and it will not do it
- (2017-08-29, v:1.0.55) Christina Froehlich: No PDFs will open from Drive
Each time I attempt to open a PDF, the reader shows itself and then I get a blank screen. You can see the address in the bar, starting with https://pdf.texthelp.com/pdfreader/ and then the rest of the url, but nothing is showing. I tried uninstalling, but then I am prompted to add the extension.
- (2017-05-04, v:0.2.8) Jared Sargent: toggle default
Would like to know how to toggle between using texthelp pdf viewer and adobe acrobat as the default viewer, without always enabling or disabling in chrome's extension settings.