Increase your patent efficiency
Search Patents Smarter and Faster Petapator is designed for USPTO users to enable smarter and faster online patent searches. With user friendly Visualization Tools and built-in Analytics Tools, Petapator increases your patent search efficiency and allow you to easily perform insightful analysis. Website: http://www.petapator.com Blog: http://www.petapator.com/blog Link to patents: https://www.patentbell.com/patent/ About Petapator Petapator is a fork of Aspator, the well-known Firefox patent search tool, from the same developer. For further information of Aspator, please visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3142/ Petapator helps you search and read patents and patent applications from USPTO (http://patft.uspto.gov) quicker and more efficient. Bring all patent information to one page and save patent search results. Petapator is designed for engineers, scientists, patent agents, patent attorneys, and patent executives who need to search patents regularly. There is no more need to open one tab for one patent or click the mouse multiple times before reaching the patent information you need. Link to Petapator: http://www.petapator.com. A brief guide on using Petapator can be viewed at http://www.scribd.com/doc/34464779/Improve-Patent-Search-Efficiency. Features of Petapator: 1. Read searched patent abstracts, claims, drawings and bibliographies from USPTO. 2. View USPTO patent drawings directly. No need to install TIFF viewer. 3. Patent classification analyzer. Version 10.2.1 -Faster images upload for all recent published applications Version 10.2.0 -Faster images upload for all granted patent and earlier published applications Version 10.1.0 -Faster images upload for design patent after D700,000 Version 10.1.0 -Faster images upload for patent after 10,000,000 Version 10.0.5 -Bug fix for patent landscape Version 10.0.4 -Bug fix for longer patent number -Introduce PatentBell and PatentDownload in the popup icon Version 10.0.3 -Update patent landscape as a new server is being used Version 10.0.2 -Patft1 server is down. Change to patft Version 10.0.1 -Introducing Patent Landscape Beta -Fixed Refine Search bug Version 9.1.1 -Performance improvement Version 9.0.4 -Performance improvement Version 9.0.2 - New feature: download a PDF that contains the first page of publication of the selected patents / applications. This allows faster review of interested patents / applications. Version 8.5.1 - bug fix for refined search in patent application Version 8.5.1 - bug fix Version 8.5 - Added Global Dossier for easier Public Pair viewing - Added Gallery of Figures - a new way to view patent figures - bug fix Version 8.4.1 - bug fix Version 8.4 - added a new feature, Gallery, to bring a new experience to see patent figures Version 8.3 - added a button to toggle "elements in figures" - added a button to monitor a query easier - added claim format - remove reference to PatentBell at the search page Version 8.2 - added "elements in figures" - added citing patents and cited by. The data is retrieved from Google Patents Version 8.0.1 - improved user interface with classic feel - now work with PatentScope of WIPO Version 7.4.2 - on EPO's request, Petapator cannot work at Espacenet for now. Version 7.4.1 - update PDF file downloading process Version 7.3.0 - can now view large images automatically Version 7.2.0: - enhance classification for the analyzer - add CSV file for information of the first 1000 patents - bug fix for email Version 7.1.4: - bug fix for the analyzer Version 7.1.3: - New feature: citation analysis Version 7.1.2: - Fixed the email bug - Enhanced the patent reading functions Version 7.1.1: - Change the number of patents/applications shown in the first page from 200 to 50 for stability issue - Add quick patent search capability from PatentBell Version 7.1.0: - Many enhancements to make Petapator be compatible with updated USPTO webpages - Improve performance Version 7.0.2: - bug fix for email and CSV export Version 7.0.1: - New features: (1) Find words/phrases in the search results (2) Patent information appears faster - bug fix Version 6.4.3: - bug fix Version 6.4.2: - bug fix Version 6.4.1: - use Google Patent images in case USPTO image server is not working Version 6.4: - show the first 200 hits on the first page - show patent specifications/descriptions - improve analyzer bar charts - improve analyzer user interface Version 6.3.1: - use a different word cloud engine to improve performance - store display options Version 6.3: - bug fixed for printing - improved performance - consolidating data from Google Patents Version 184.108.40.206: - bugs fixed Version 6.2.0: - bugs fixed - improved user-interface Version 6.1.2: - removed abstract for Google Patent Search - improve performance Version 6.1.1: - added abstract for Google Patent Search - improve performance Version 6.1: - added word cloud - bug fixes Version 6.0: - major update of user-interface - new analyzer engine - more secured Version 5.6.1: - improved the UI of reading a single patent/application. Version 5.6: - a new user interface for reading a single patent/application with multiple highlighters and night-reading mode. Version 220.127.116.11: The URL of USPTO patent application image server has changed. Updated the code to reflect the changes. Version 5.5.8: Updated for USPTO new image server Version 5.5.7: Bug fix - fixed an installation bug under Chrome v24. Version 5.5.4: Bug fix - fixed broken code for Chrome running in Mac. Version 5.5.3: Bug fix - was unable to extract information from some patents. Version 5.5.2: Bug fix - fixed the duplicate assignment and patent family information. Version 5.5.1: Enhanced webpage download speed. Version 5.5: New Features - a. Direct access to patent family information retrieved from Espacenet. b. Direct access to USPTO Patent Assignment webpage. c. Show citation of a patent. d. Patent search query monitoring. e. Patent and patent application status monitoring. f. Enhanced user interface. Version 5.0.5: Bug fixes - naming convention Version 5.0.4: New Features - a. Key Claim Words - identify most used words in claims for quick understanding of a patent b. Hide / Show - hide the last column for easy printing Version 5.0.3: New Features - a. Major rewrite for Chrome v.23 b. bigger diagrams c. formatting of 1st claim Bug fixes - many Version 5.0.1: New Features: quick review of patent for any webpage by clicking the Petapator button on the toolbar. Abstract, the first claim, inventors, assignee, and diagrams will be shown. Version 4.3.3: Bug Fixes: USPTO has changed its webpage slightly, update Petapator accordingly to resolve discrepancies. Version 4.3.1: New Features - a. A button to link to a support forum Bug Fixes - a. Fix a bug at the diagram webpage that has prevented the conversion of tiff file. Version 4.3: New Features - a. Better viewing for figures. Version 4.2: Bug fixes - a. fixed bugs for patent applications b. Google Patents is back. A new window will open instead as seems Google does not like being displayed in iframe. Version 4.1: Bug fixes - fixed bugs in 'Info' for patent applications Version 4.0: New feature - You can now view patent family information under "Info". Bug fixes - fixed search records Version 3.22: New feature - You can now view the diagrams along the patent text at the patent page. Bug fixes - a few, including the ability to save search records
- (2016-02-05) Muen Tien: I like this version of Petapator very much. It is useful to view images of patents in USPTO databased, and I can easily see Abstract and bibliography information of US patent applications. I am patent examiner in one of patent offices busily involved with PCT applications. The petapator helps me achieve highly efficient patent search results required in patent examination works.
- (2016-01-18) Merrick Maxfield: Amazing. Saves countless hours and missed searches.
- (2016-01-14) leisure liu: good
- (2016-01-07) 劉豪: This plugin is a must for IP personnel. btw, a quick turn on/off button is preferred, since sometime we need only a simple, quick, patent search which do not require so much details (Petapator may increase the loading time). Furthermore, the "Patent Bell" function is great for snow ball prior art search, but that's almost all just this, its application is a little bit limited, as a In House IP personnel, instead of knowing the cited reference of a pre-determined patent, im more interested in who/when the determined patent have been cited as reference for potential infringer search. Last but not least, Its not perfect "YET" but its very close to it. thank you for providing such a great tool for us.
- (2015-11-09) Jeff Sherman: I have found this extension to be very helpful and easy to use. I appreciate the effort that the author puts into updates / improvements.
- (2015-10-26) nong ming: Great free extension!
- (2015-09-20) Jamie Lu: Petapator is quite convenient software. I like it.
- (2015-09-15) 甯祥豪: keep showing annoying reminder on searching pages
- (2015-09-08) nice to use it.
- (2015-08-06) Mirjana Pejic Bach: Great and useful tool!
- (2015-06-15) Tiago Lauletta Modesto: Excellent free extension. It makes much more easy to find, browser, download and read patents from USPTO.
- (2015-06-11) Justin Miller: An excellent free extension that makes the USPTO search tools much more useful.
- (2014-12-27) ZhengPing He: useful tool
- (2014-10-09) 蕭詠翰: it makes the browsing speed fast
- (2014-10-07) Jeffrey Dixon: Very cool - browsing patent search results in a format where you can see figures and view PDF's with one click saves immense amounts of time.
- (2014-07-15) Chen Wayne: Excellent
- (2014-06-13) 郭恕瑋: very useful
- (2014-06-04) Todd Pleiness: Great add-on! This transforms the USPTO web search results from a clunky results list into a useful patent search tool.
- (2014-05-22) Shinichi Koike: wonderful
- (2014-05-12) Vander Harris: Very useful in making the non-intuitive UI of the websites much more navigable.
- (2014-05-12) SC Fan: Very useful
- (2014-04-17) 김도형: This is very nice to search and view patent. thanks very much!
- (2014-03-11) 이수철: Powerful tool for hungry patent searchers!!
- (2014-02-27) Daniel Coughlin: Makes the UPSTO's search much more useful and intuitive. Sometimes it is slow to load, but browsing pages of results is much easier.
- (2014-01-26) Enrico Altavilla: Great help for those who have to frequently read or monitor patents. Things to improve: interface design and usability.
- (2017-05-16, v:10.0.3) Christian C.: getting the .csv export to work
Hi, I love the Petapator. I tried to get the CSV export function to work. It does not work when I select the the patents and only displays the first 5 when I export directly.
- (2016-10-31, v:8.5.1) Cheng Jerry: Can't login
Nothing happened after clicking the "login" button.
- (2016-01-15, v:8.0.1) Jack Rosa: ver 8.0 release announcement
I installed the extension and am trying to use it with the USPTO website. Ran a Quick Search and my results page keeps showing the "Petapator 8.0 is released." message and wont let me see my results (supposed to be 45 hits)
- (2015-06-09, v:7.2.0) Alex Osterlind: Figures not showing up
Today, the figures stopped displaying on the right side. I uninstalled and reinstalled Petapator, but that didn't fix the issue. First time I've seen this and I've been using Petapator for years. Anyone else experiencing this?
- (2015-01-06, v:7.1.0) Elton Leung: how do I choose what to show by default?
the extension is very nice but when I check figure and detail under show, the page just won't finish loading. Is there any way that we can uncheck that two options without loading the page.
- (2014-10-23, v:7.0.2) Matthieu Hausig: Blank pages and missing fields
Looking at single patents is returning blank pages. Also, email summaries are missing most fields. Everything was working fine a couple days ago, its just since yesterday that there have been problems.
- (2014-06-23, v:7.0.2) Lin Eric: erenced-by bar chart unable use
Referenced-by bar chart unable use. Do you have same question.
- (2014-06-04, v:7.0.1) Todd Pleiness: highlighting
The text color in the highlighting box/tool window is white and the same color as the box, so you are unable to see what you entered into the field.
- (2013-04-18, v:18.104.22.168) Permissions
Really like what you've done. As an inventor your extension may be very helpful, but the permissions seem very broad. I can handle sharing TAB use, but ALL my DATA on ALL websites? Would this mean if I fill out a form with my social security number and other personal data that you could have access to that data? Thank you in advance for your time. Geary
- (2013-02-05, v:5.5.4) Christopher Gray: Please limit required access to data...
Please limit the required access to data. I do not believe it requires access to "all websites" and poses possible security risks for users.