An unofficial Memrise extension to help you take care of your plants
NOTE: NOW UPDATED FOR MEMRISE 1.0 • Shows the number of wilting plants or if you have plants to harvest • Clicking the button will take you to water or harvest the plants • Go to Options to modify the behavior to your liking • Automatically refreshed every 15 minutes • New: Notifications when plants are ready to water. If you're worried about getting distracted too easily, you can right click the button and go to Options to set a higher threshold for wilting plants. The code is available at https://github.com/raneksi/memrise-chrome-ext Updates: 05/06/2016: Fixed extension after Memrise API change 02/11/2016: Fixed an issue with the button not refreshing after last update 02/06/2016: Now using a higher resolution image for the button when the badge is shown 06/24/2015: Fixed watering to use new path. 06/25/2013: Added a default shortcut Alt+M for activating the button. 06/24/2013: When clicking the button, open in a new tab if not already on Memrise.com. Also, some statistics in the Options page. 06/05/2013: Notifications can now be enabled to be shown when plants are ready to water. 06/01/2013: Now fetching the course data from the API. 05/25/2013: Fixed a bug where new courses would be regarded as disabled. Thanks iseg. 05/16/2013: Based on the metrics I've gathered, decided to remove the requirement of Tabs permission. The next session will now always open to the current tab regardless of location. 05/13/2013: A session will now be opened in the current tab, instead of a new one, if on Memrise.com. For this feature, the Tabs permission is required. Sorry about that. 05/11/2013: Small improvements to help the button stay accurate 05/01/2013: Fixed an issue where the button did nothing after an automatic refresh 04/29/2013: Animate the button while refreshing 04/29/2013: Fixed a bug introduced in the last update related to refreshing the button 04/14/2013: Fixed the extension to work with Memrise 1.0 04/09/2012: Added ability to specify whitelisted topics in the Options page
- (2020-03-01) Hưng Nguyễn Thế: how can use this? Not working
- (2017-05-23) Kâmil: not working anymore.
- (2017-04-20) Adrián Domínguez: Not working anymore
- (2017-03-29) Le bouton ne fait aucune action chez moi, que ce soit sur n'importe quelle page, ou sur la page de Memrise.
- (2016-04-25) Joey Ooi: Stopped working after memrise did some changes. Update please!!
- (2016-04-23) Pedro: Not working...
- (2016-04-18) great until it stopped working
- (2015-12-05) TUAN ANH LE: Cảm ơn rất nhiều, ứng dụng và web rất tuyệt. Thanks so much!!!
- (2015-11-11) Alexander sem: https://vk.com/memrisee вступаем и общаемся
- (2015-05-04) Отличное расширение
- (2014-12-15) diva. ksa73: الي مانزله فات نص عمره وهو يحاول يتعلم اللغة الانجليزية ...جد جد روعه اكبر من الوصف جميل ممتاز فوق الخيال يحفظكم الكلمات بسرررررررررررعه أنا محظوظة اني طحت عليه
- (2013-10-16) Kiryl Patapau: it works!!
- (2013-09-11) Maxim Chervyakov: Хорошее, годное расширение, минимальный функционал, но работает без глюков
- (2013-08-23) Xavier Baptista: Bravo!
- (2013-08-11) Claire: This is so great! I love being reminded of the words I need to review as soon as I open my browser. It keeps me from wasting time on other things when I can see that I have vocab to work on.
- (2013-06-01) Huy Tran: It worked perfectly until Memrise has recently updated its design and rendered this app useless. I think it has something to do with the update. Please see to it. Thank you very much.
- (2013-05-12) This is an excellent addition to memrise. Thank you.
- (2013-05-02) Tim Koch: Great - please make one for safari too!!!
- (2013-04-26) Graham Carter: Simple and effective!
- (2012-12-19) Michael Pidgeon: Seems like it would have been a nice app, but no longer appears to work with the latest version of Memrise. Pity!
- (2012-12-10) Vladimir S: It does not work with Memrise 1.0. It's a pity, because it was a very convenient tool for the old site.
- (2012-11-27) Giovanni Lodi: Love it!
- (2012-10-22) Lucia Lu: Extremely useful for me! That popped up number always makes me want to go tender them
- (2012-09-04) Robin Li: Cool extension, would be great if there were more options/functions like planting new seeds, etc. But I'm grateful for this already :)
- (2012-06-26) Mark Richardson: Une grande extension, merci!
- (2012-06-12) Works exactly as expected. Very convenient!
- (2017-03-29, v:2.0.10) Clicking produces nothing
The button does nothing.
- (2016-11-17, v:2.0.10) diatanato taru-taru: Topics
Loading topics does not stop.
- (2016-05-27, v:2.0.10) Anastasia Grineva: Topics to be tracked error
In the part "Select the topics to be tracked by the extension" I see only loading symbol "Loading topics...", so I cannot choose topics to track. Ubuntu 16.04, last Chrome.
- (2016-04-24, v:2.0.9) No longer works
Are you going to update this app or this the end?
- (2016-04-16, v:2.0.9) Extension not updating
Hi Raine, Love the memrise extension! But for the past week, it has not been updating my progress. It should be down to around '170', but it has been stuck at 221 for the past week, despite my practice. Should I delete the extension and re-install? Pete
- (2015-06-24, v:2.0.6) 404
memrise changed url for review to /garden/review/english/. Could you fix it please?
- (2015-06-24, v:2.0.6) James Sauls: Error 404
This problem just developed today. Maybe because I"m on Chrome and it auto updates and it performed an update that I was unaware of and it made the button incompatible. I now am directed to a page that says "The page you are trying to get to doesn't exist" and it suggests I go to the dashboard.
- (2014-05-09, v:2.0.6) TDahmann: Memrise button no longer opens the browser
The Memrise extension button no longer opens the browser for watering when you click on it. Instead you click and nothing happens and you haven to manually type in the memrise HTTP. This only started about three days ago. Great app, been pushing it on everyone I know at our language institute.
- (2012-12-01, v:1.0) Doesn't work with 1.0
The Memrise button doesn't work now, because Memrise has updated to 1.0