Easily add bookmarks to any category. Includes spotlight-like search with mouse/keyboard support. Default key: cmd+b (win:ctrl+b)
Easy way to add bookmarks to any category. Includes spotlight-like search with mouse/keyboard integration. Default shortcut: cmd+b (win:ctrl+b) -- Author: Szymon Pilkowski [http://twitter.com/ard] It's open source: https://github.com/ardcore/chrome-better-bookmark Uses fuzzy search algorithm from fuse.js. Please contact me with any bug reports or suggestions!
- (2021-03-31) Miguel Garza: This is quite cool (truly!) but I wish...a) it showed the heirarchy of bookmarks with indents, and b) it remembered your last bookmarked location and defaulted to that as the first place you can bookmark to.
- (2021-01-05) Pieterjan Spoelders: Exactly what I needed, saves me many clicks! Thanks for making my life better.
- (2020-12-11) Evgeny Goldin: Finally! But like many others, I feel a lack of a full path makes this less useful.
- (2020-04-13) Austin Oba: No longer working as before
- (2019-10-02) Oleg Sidorenko: Very helpful! One request: can you add the display of the full path to suggested destination folders? I have a branchy bookmarks tree with many same-name 2nd-level subfolders for similar categories, and having several "Examples" folders without any way to distinguish them is a pain. Cheers
- (2019-02-16) NW Social: This week, Feb19, the order of available folders before I start typing has changed. Would be ideal if you would change it back. Original review: Excellent. Been using another very good one but this is slightly better, many thanks.
- (2018-10-21) Exactly what I wanted for adding bookmarks. Earlier it took me a lot of time to put a new bookmark in the right folder. Needs a lot of work to be done. 1. Editing the title of bookmark 2. Highlighting if the page is already bookmarked 3. Adding sub-folders 4. Naming based on folder hierarchy etc. and obviously the UI.
- (2018-08-29) Bazsi Sün: Abszolút nem látni hogy egy adott oldal már a könyvjelzők közt van-e illetve hogy melyik mappában. Sikerült egy könyvjelzőt három különböző mappához is hozzáadni csakmert semmit nem jelez vissza.
- (2018-08-09) Sezer Toker: It doesn't work. Çalışmıyor.
- (2018-03-05) sen fou: it was really useful for me. archiving favorites significantly faster. thank you very much
- (2018-03-03) David Poza: It's so good! The default chrome's bookmarks tool must copy this functionality.
- (2018-02-12) azog azog: Grat and amazing ! thank you . we would like a button to delete bookmark
- (2017-12-06) Excellent
- (2017-12-05) Flawid D'Souza: Just what I wanted.
- (2017-10-25) George: Being able to see the full bookmark path would be a life saver
- (2017-10-22) Elizabeth Lomax-Laidlaw: Bloody brilliant, a huge time saver.
- (2015-10-07) Γιώργος Γεωργίου: It would be even better to add an option to show the icon inside the address bar.
- (2015-08-26) Versa tiliX: My savior!! Thanks! Need to be able to enter partial keywords. Like if I search for Desktop computer, I could just enter Desk Comp and it would then return all the results containing Desktop Computers. Would be faster and would be easier to find folders names containing typos.
- (2015-06-14) Ha med: Simple, clever, efficient :)
- (2015-05-29) Caleb Stanford: Thank you so much! It's always been a pain to add bookmarks in Chrome if, like me, you have your bookmarks organized into a network of folders. Chrome's recent bookmark update makes it even worse--it takes like 15 seconds just to click through everything and doesn't remember your previous bookmark folders! I was just about to give up on Chrome when I found this fabulous extension! Would give more stars if I could. P.S. The new Bookmark manager is also not that great, but at least tolerable. What was really frustrating me was the new "add bookmark" star button which made no effort to facilitate organizing bookmarks into folders. I suppose this is because Google wants the new system of smart folders to replace explicitly organizing your bookmarks (like how we don't expect people to sort their email anymore as computer search renders that unnecessary). However, I am not yet ready to give up my explicitly organized network of bookmarks, and this extension makes it possible.
- (2015-04-22) Acer Chang: Need to disable the key binding
- (2015-03-20) Marcin Jankowski: Simple the best!
- (2014-09-18) Martin Hammarstedt: It would be great if you added an option to show not only the folders but their parent folders too. Currently I have lots of folders with the same names, just in different parts of the tree, making it impossible to know which is which.
- (2014-06-06) ВАСЯ пупкин: Хорошее. Прошу автора сделать возможность добавлять все текущие вкладки разом (например, при нажатой клавише Shift или как опцию в настройках).
- (2014-02-07) Christian deTorres: Wonderful! This little extension quickly brings up or creates folders when adding a bookmark in Chrome. It functions akin to a bookmark tagger with a 1 tag limit. This is a tool for adding bookmarks only, and does not display, edit or browse bookmarks. That keeps it blazing fast. Where has this add-on been all my Chrome-using life? Finally, bookmarking in Chrome is a tolerable experience. Now, if only Chrome Bookmarks would support tags...
- (2014-01-30) Kitze: It's okay, but why i can't see the folders inside my "other bookmarks" folder?
- (2014-01-23) Paweł Pawłowski: Finally someone done it. Great little addon.
- (2014-01-23) Rewelacyjne!
- (2014-01-23) Piotr Ziemniak: Awesome addon. Together with filtering works just perfectly
- (2020-07-01, v:1.3.1) Jordan E: Add bookmark move last folder to top of list
I'm using this on Brave browser built on chrome. I used chrome for years and I believe this used to be stock default. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
- (2019-11-08, v:1.3.1) Walkth Ispath: CTRL+B - Any Way to Select Alternative
L O V E LOVE this extension!! But, after using it for SO LONG at work, I finally had to uninstall it. I use Gmail for most business correspondence. And, in Gmail, CTRL+B is for bold text. The extension takes this over. Please, P L E A S E!!! set a way for us to make another Keyboard Shortcut. ctrl+shif+b? Anything... Thanks! MD
- (2019-02-22, v:1.3.1) NW Social: Sort order changed
I have two identical installations of this. For years frequently used folders have been at the top. Now, on one of my browsers the sort order has changed.
- (2017-11-08, v:1.3.1) Haolun Tan: Do not work on latest Chromium
An error has occurred Could not install package: 'UTILITY_PROCESS_CRASHED_WHILE_TRYING_TO_INSTALL'. Could not install package because a utility process crashed. Try restarting Chrome and trying again. Version 61.0.3163.100 (Developer Build) (64-bit)
- (2016-03-21, v:1.3.1) show parent folder name
i have a folder called "todo" and a subfolder in it called "windows" and another called "android". but i also have folders with those same names elsewhere so you cant tell if its going into the correct folder or not. if the parent folder name could be show in smaller grey text underneath or beside it would help
- (2014-03-12, v:1.3.1) mass effect gamer: button inside the address bar
yup that's it if comes inside the address bar or totally replaces the chrome bookmark button it would be cool