Displays two webpages next to each other in a new tab
Super janky, and mostly broken extension that changes your new tab page into a splitscreen view of two customisable web pages. Because this uses iframe, and explicitly removes x-frame headers, behaviour is very inconsistent, and only really works on some pages. Source: https://github.com/siddv/splitscreen
- (2020-12-02) wyatt brown: I CANT USE IT ITS IS BAD
- (2020-11-20) Devon Peticolas: Needed to record the load time of two pages side-by-side. I used it along with the Screencastify extension and got great results. My only grievance is that I can't toggle it on and off without going into extension settings but other than that it's simple and works well!
- (2020-07-23) Ryan Padilla: Like it so far. The first thing on my wishlist for this app is being able to resize the split. A slider would be great but maybe an easier way to do it for now is to give an option for what percentage for each side.
- (2019-06-05) IceLancer SR: I cant open web pages with this? example: www.google.com wont even open, says page moved or deleted? others get stuck at loading or same error?
- (2019-06-04) R A NADER: Siddharth, Nice simple extension that works. However, it could be substantially improved by  not taking over the new-tab extension (already mentioned below)  dynamic resize of the panes  not limiting to just two panes ( 3 panes can be useful as well ) .  The tab name should be the titles for the panes separated by a '|' or similar. As for [2,3] think of how emacs manages its window panes. Anyhow, again, thanks it does the job nicely so far ;-)
- (2019-01-16) Clement Maloney: Works well! The only issue I have is that you cannot right click to cut and paste in G Suite Google Docs. Instead, only CMD X C or V must be used. If this issue was address I would give the plugin 5 stars.
- (2018-10-14) Ranjeet Kumar: I loved this. There are so many tab spliter extension but none is like this, but problem is that whenever i open a new tab then it splits n that is annoying. If it has some features like split options on right click, then it wil be great. Idea is great but there are some more features which must be included in coming versions.
- (2018-10-05) Tyler Gleditsch: Great idea. Poor execution. Someone with coding expertise please help this guy. The extension does not work on all web pages. In fact, if you attempt to browse onto new pages, the page goes entirely blank. Although, if you insert the new page address into one of the extension's browser bars, the new page will work. What the heck? I would love to see a workable version. Fellow internet junkies, Don't waste your time with this current version, It's much easier to split tabs into separate windows.
- (2018-08-16) Daniel Harka: I love it! I do a lot of translation so I open the page I want to translate on the left, Google Translate on the right and notepad or Word in the bottom of the screen so I only need to alt+tab between Google Translate and the text editor and not 3 windows. I just wish it would not hijack the new tab page, rather it could be activated whenever I need it. This way I need to disable it in the extensions when I'm not using it and enable it again if I need it. Otherwise it's amazing!
- (2018-08-16) 赵泽成: good