Save images to custom locations from the context menu.
I am no longer actively maintaining this extension until further notice, because I have switched back to Firefox. Feel free to fork it and do whatever the license permits. Or use another similar extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-in%E2%80%A6/jpblofcpgfjikaapfedldfeilmpgkedf?hl=en-US (that is also available for Firefox). ############### Save images (and videos) to custom folders from the right-click context menu. Chrome allows saving files only within the configured downloads location. All the configured directories will go under the downloads location of Chrome. E.g. directory `Nature` will become `/Users/name/Downloads/Nature` when `/Users/name/Downloads` is the configured download location in Chrome. If the browser keeps opening the save dialog, make sure to uncheck "Ask where to save each file before downloading" in Chrome settings. Use slash (`/`) or backslash (`\`) for sub-directories. Empty directory will go to the Chrome download location directly. Directory names may not contain these characters: ? : ~ " < > * | The extension may not work properly if other download managing extensions are installed (which use chrome.downloads.onDeterminingFilename API)! Leave your feedback and suggestions! This extension is open source: https://github.com/alexopus/SaveImageRouter If possible, post problems that you encounter to the issues page on github: https://github.com/alexopus/SaveImageRouter/issues Updates: Version 0.2.0 (2016-07-15): Allow to use backslashes to divide sub-directories. These are internally converted to slashes. Version 0.2.3 (2016-10-17): Provide file renaming prefixes, suffixes with host, time stamps. Version 0.2.4 (2017-04-07): Open the source code: https://github.com/alexopus/SaveImageRouter Version 0.2.5 (2017-04-08): Add github link to the options page. Version 0.2.6 (2017-05-21): Enable renaming using full URL path. Version 0.2.7 (2017-05-21): Fix occasional need for browser reload. Version 0.2.8 (2017-06-11): Provide default download path in the menu. Version 0.2.9 (2017-06-30): Allow turning off the default path display. Version 0.2.10 (2017-09-07): Also allow saving videos. Version 0.2.11 (2017-09-07): Bugfix. Version 0.2.12 (2017-10-08): Allow renaming for more exotic hosts (filename determined by Chrome).
- (2019-04-16) Michael Aaron: You must disable "Ask me where to save..." in order for this extension to not show the Save As dialog. This is unfortunate if you want that option turned on for regular saving/downloading.
- (2019-01-31) Jandi Lee: The best satisfying extension program for image downloader. Because as I know, almost existing extension program is available to download image only. But this extension program is available to fine rename. If possible file name to various option, it will be more helpful!! I satisfy this extension.
- (2018-10-19) Manuel Chaves: Great extension, helps me a bunch!
- (2018-01-09) Ichigo Murasaki: You can't save images outside of Chrome's preconfigured download folder subfolders. It is the fault of Chrome I guess. I want an equivalent of Firefox's "Save Image in Folder" add-on. Too bad it isn't updated to work with Firefox Quantum.
- (2017-10-28) Zwizzor Zwizzor: I really like this extension, if I may I would like to request an option to make each option it's own entry in the contextual menu so as to save a click. Also would it be possible for you to make another option where we can choose not to display the download bar at the bottom when using your extension? That would be awesome! Thanks
- (2017-09-12) Alex Sch: То, что надо. Настраивается каталог и сохраняешь по кнопке. Правда, имена файлов дает дурацкие. И вложенное меню показывает даже если всего один каталог настроен.
- (2017-06-19) Nick: can you make it so clicking "save image to" saves the image to the default location
- (2017-04-20) Gustavo Walendowsky: Excellent! Using in combination with a Symbolic Link Folder you can save images in any folder you want besides /Downloads/.
- (2017-02-18) Сергей Хахалев: not working
- (2016-12-15) Justin Ortiz-Burrow: Works perfect. Only thing I would suggest is making a 'default' save location allowing the user to right click then simply hit "save". Still loads better than what Chrome offers.
- (2016-11-13) Engin ACIK: but not working on vivaldi ??
- (2016-07-22) Dennis Dingley: This extension is just what I needed and it works wonderfully. Highly recommended. Good work Alexopus.
- (2016-07-17) gransanni: justo lo que buscaba, puedo organizar cada imagen que descargo en carpetas. saludos
- (2016-07-15) Tanel: Was looking for an add-on of this style. Thank you.
- (2019-01-19, v:0.2.13) Jandi Lee: Could you make more option as like "host full address" in rename?
I want to rename to host full address, but there are only option. only "host prefix". pls develope more option. it will be much better.
- (2018-03-25, v:0.2.13) Johan Törnkvist: edit paths without re-entering?
Am I missing something or is the only way to edit a path or its' setting for "rename, replace, dialog" to remove and remake the entry?
- (2018-01-09, v:0.2.13) Ichigo Murasaki: Forectory path
I want to save pictures to a directory k:\A\ How do I enter the path correctly? directory A on disk K in other words.
- (2017-09-24, v:0.2.11) Sam Williams: Just doesn't work
I went into the extension options and made a "Pictures" directory, but when I tried to save a picture under it, it didn't create the new folder, and instead saved into the default Downloads. I also tried manually creating the Pictures folder within Downloads, and the picture was still saved under the default Dowloads folder. I am currently using the latest version of chrome.
- (2017-08-22, v:0.2.9) Dormidont Evlampiy: Doesn't create Folder
I create "Pics" directory in the extension options, but photos land into default download folder /Users/Martin/Downloads, and no folder "Pics". Why so?
- (2017-08-19, v:0.2.9) うぉ〜でぃん: Does not work in Vivaldi
All options just save files to the default Downloads folder.
- (2017-08-17, v:0.2.9) Dormidont Evlampiy: Doesn't create Folder
I make : Users/Martin/Downloads/Pics but the extention saves the image in default "Download" folder, and creates no folder with the name "Pics". Why so?
- (2017-08-05, v:0.2.9) Rob Brown: Shortcuts
Would it be possible to add key shortcuts to save an image into a specific folder (or just one specified folder if many shortcuts are not possible)? Most applicable if the open tab is simply an image. This would let you save many open images quickly. But could also be useful in conjunction with Right Click.
- (2017-06-28, v:0.2.8) Zwizzor Zwizzor: _default_
Hi, I included three paths in the menu with symlinks and I get a fourth option titled _default_ . Why is it? Can I get rid of it? Thanks!
- (2017-06-03, v:0.2.7) Erik Dietz: Put Images into standard folder
I've choosen an existing subfolder, but it still uses the "/root"-download folder. Chrome already restarted. Any idea?